The sky is really purple

Im a Llewellyn with native American roots. Recently, in an attempt to clear my house of negative energy, i opened a door. In my dream i was visited by a friend who had passed. Scared shytless i instantly turned to the only witchy resources I had. Etsy. A gracious witch shared some details with me that, blew my mind.

I always knew i was different. When i was a child i was. Visited by a man in my dreams, my nana explained to me that he was my guild and would walk with me.

When i was 22 i had a reading (tarot). The reading was done by a very gifted individual. She told me to stay out of practice. And i listened. Heck i wouldnt even read horoscopes.

Im 36 now. And i feel like my warning was meant for a less mature version of myself.

But i need guidance. I have no idea what im doing or where im going but i am not here by mistake. I want to make a difference and embrace my inner self.

My journey begins now. With the person reading this. Im grateful to have found you and this safe place to learn the basics of practice and the importants of making sure what i do causes no harm.

Thanks for reading my skattered thoughts. I look forward to meeting you.

11 Likes

Hello and welcome!

I agree with you that the message was likely for a younger version of you.

There is so much on this site that you will find answers to your questions.

Also, the moderators will be on shortly to respond and provide you with links to resources that will help you with protection. I will leave the linking to them, they are better at it.

When I am in doubt about protection, I surround myself with white light. But there is so much more, as you will discover. Intention is key.

Blessings to you!

7 Likes

Welcome to Spells8 & the forum “Infinite Roots Coven” :infinite_roots: I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here at Spells8 from Cape Cod.

The the courses are a great place to start. There is a lot of great information in them. Printable pages for you & a lot of topics. :star_struck:

Can you think of anything specific that you maybe are interested in? :thinking: There is also a lot of information within the forum also on a wide range of topics.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away! :smiling_face: If you have anything that you would like to share with us, please feel free to do so. You can jump in on any open topic, or start your own! We are all very friendly & supportive of everyone’s unique path :hugs:

A good way to clear negative energy from your home is with a smoke cleansing, using a cleansing bundle of sage or palo santo wood, cedar & juniper bundles, or an energy cleansing incense would work with a window in each room open. You could also use salt on the floors & sweep it out of your home. Either would be with intention to clear the space of negative energy. Using music such as from Woke Nation on YouTube is good for cleansing negative energy & raising good energy.

I look forward to getting to know you & learn with you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hi @Feather_Stone! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I second starting out with the courses. It sounds as if you’re very talented naturally so having a firm foundation is important. Grounding and meditation especially.

If you have any questions ask and someone will be there to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Hi!!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

Thats an important question. What am i interested in? I think the most important thing to me is to energy harnessing (if that is a thing). My personal belief system consists of one higher power in a more traditional setting. I feel like many of the worship platforms consists of similar stories. A high god, followed by gods and goddesses of particular things or areas. In my case its god and his angles. So, i try to stay away from anything the includes worshiping something that is outside of my belief structure.

My mind remains an open book though. I openly take versions from sources that are not rooted in my belief system. I believe its important to have an open mind in this area even if i am firm in my beliefs. I am not a wildly religious person. Thats just my head space.

Lol, this is the first time ive ever had the opportunity to have these particular set of communications with other humans, so im going to let it all out right now.

Here’s what I can do: id say about 90% of the time i know what a persons thinking. Not like i can hear their personal dialog but more i can pick up impressions. I can tell when thier energy shifts in conversation, so i know which way the conversation or situation is heading. This has saved my life on 3 occasions that i know of, Im sure its saved me in more ways than ill ever really know.

But being hyper sensitive like that is hard to understand. Growing up it was confusing, I remember one of the doctors my mom took me too telling her that i could read micro emotions :roll_eyes: and thats how i was reading situations. My mom thought i manipulated people but really i just knew how to connect with them.

And then theres the dreams… oh the dreams. I read actual words in my dreams is that normal? Haha probably not. My dreams are intense and hard to understand. Ive spent a majority of my life trying not to dream, sleeping meds you name it. Ive tried it. I dont know how to navigate the plains or interpret what im seeing. Even though i know there is something there, i just dont understand it. One time i had an out of body experience. I was in like idk like a trance or something. But when i opened my eyes there was something hovering above my body. It was scary as shyt and definitely not something good or of this world. I always hoped it never got into me. Like i hoped when i screamed it didnt like come in. I know thats sooo weird but its true. Ps, i dont think it got it, but i spent years worrying about it.

Okay, so that what I have.

What ive been given: 3 things. A book called watch your dreams, a pendulum, and a deck of oracle cards called healing with the fairies. Ive had these items for maybe 20 years. Amazingly, they have stayed with me through all of my adventures.

There is so much information. Im like a kid in a candy store i literally want to touch everything. Im not sure where i belong tho. I cant even really identify the stuff mentioned above, as in what courses would help me develop what has been passed down to me.

Its important for me to learn what i am exacty. I need it to mentor. My son has dreams. His day care tried to tell me they were night terrors and told me to consult my pediatrician. Which of course i absolutely did, but there is nothing medically wrong with him. I deeply suspect he has a portion on what i have. I believe the other portion resides in my daughter. At least as far as i can tell at this point.

I know how hard it was growing up with a parent who thought something was mentally wrong with me. I was lonely all the time because i was either heavly medicaid or i could pick up on impressions from other kids, which let me tell you is not popular at all. I dont want that for my children, I need to be able to mentor them in a healty and safe environment where they can embrace what has been given and grow to who they are going to be. They will also need community. People who are like them and can let them know its okay to be you as you are and as you were made.

I am just so grateful that i live in a time where there are safe havens. Places where people embrace this kind of connection to the universe and offer guildance with the love and care that it deserves. We are special people who for better or for worse can hear the heart beat of the world around us. And thats something to be celebrated.

Okayy… so… soul bared right there. Its a little muddy. But, its what im working with so far. If you know of any direction i should be looking in or could help me identify what some of the things ive listed above are id be grateful. I think its most important for me to have a name for ‘what i can do’, identifying what that is will help me understand it more. Equally important for me to find material on that as well so i am able to be a supportive parent.

Thank you for reading this. Im so grateful to have just been heard, for real.

5 Likes

Welcome to Spells8 @Feather_Stone :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It sounds like you’ve had a lot go on in your life already - goodness! I think you’re in a great place, though, even if I am a little biased :laughing: there is so much to learn, see, and experience here on Spells8 that you’ll be kept busy for a while.

This is totally a thing, but most people I’ve run across call it energy work :zap: This is a key component in the spells that I do and it’s a fairly simple skill to learn. It just takes practice!

It sounds like you’ve got a few of the “clair-” abilities. These are things like clairaudience, clairvoyance, etc. They’re commonly considered psychic abilities and they can be honed and strengthened, even controlled. There’s a book I recommend for this called Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn. His theology and witchcraft practice doesn’t vibe with me but the book has over 80 different psychic exercises that are great to practice - and I’ve done them personally myself!

We’re a friendly bunch here and I’m sure you’ll make plenty of new friends :heart: I’m happy you’ve found a safe place with us to express yourself and find connection.

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Feather_Stone

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us, Melissa! I agree with @Susurrus that the courses are a great place to start! There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Merry meet @Feather_Stone,

I’m Bry, another one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

I also can’t tell you which areas of magick you “belong” in (that’s something you get to explore and choose for yourself!), but I can say that, from everything you’ve said, it sounds like you do indeed belong here- welcome home! :heart:

Dreams, pendulum work, and oracle divination/readings are all wonderful topics that you might explore. Additionally, it sounds like you may be interested in learning more about energy work and perhaps look into Empath abilities as well.

I second what was said about the Courses- each is a real treasure trove of knowledge about an area of the Craft! I recommend browsing through, reading a couple of the lessons and then digging deeper into anything that catches your interest. There is a lot to learn, but there is also no timer- you are free to pursue your favorite areas and enhance your talents at your own pace :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you have any questions, you know where to come! Your coven is a very friendly one. We are here and always happy to help whenever we can :infinite_roots: :handshake:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon! Blessed be :sparkles:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.