Theban Alphabet

Greetings everyone, I was wondering if there is any information on the site regarding the Theban alphabet and wonder if anyone uses it in their practice? I have practiced writing it but have not used it for conversation. I received a set of Theban flash cards so I try to practice them a few times a week, but need to get better at writing it as well. I am just curious if others use it regularly. Blessed be.

11 Likes

Hi, I have not learned it or used in my practice, but now I am curious. I haven’t seen anything on the site about it either. I am going to take some time today to learn a little bit about it though!

6 Likes

Hello @Saulamay :star: I don’t believe we have any information on the Theban alphabet here on Spells8, but @Francisco may consider adding it in the future. If you want to incorporate it into your practice, you can. I don’t know if I would use it in conversation. I have a hard enough time with English and learning Irish and Ogham – I couldn’t imagine learning an entirely new writing system :sweat_smile:

Here are some resources I found online for the Theban alphabet. Keep in mind that some sources say it’s ancient, some say it isn’t. Some sources say it’s been used by witches for centuries, but there isn’t any proof of that. Regardless, I don’t think it matters. Have fun with it!

8 Likes

Buckland’s Big Blue Book has the breakdown of Theban Runes, and Futhark Runes. Every Witchy Library needs the BBBB.
I prefer the Futhark runes myself.

6 Likes

Oh, great recommendation @john4!

4 Likes

@MeganB i agree, you definitely need a decoder ring when working with it and it takes time to write it by hand, but I like to use it occasionally when I am writing something and I don’t want others to easily figure out what it says.

6 Likes

Thanks @john4 i will have to pull mine out and see what it says.

5 Likes

There are a few sources around that gives information on the Theban Alphbets also called the Witches alphabet ot the Angelic Script. I dont really use it in my practice persay but I use it to write or word decorate my book of shadows and dont want other to know what it is I am writing.

As megan send to you by request you can check out the sources that she shared!!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thanks @NickWick, I am the same. I will use it to write something I don’t want someone to read with ease. I’ll also write it in Latin (thank you Google translator).

5 Likes

This is the one I have used in the past. I learned it in school and used it to pass secret messages to a friend.

Here’s the deciphering guide and an example sentence:

I don’t really use any specific alphabet these days but it’s certainly fun and it adds a layer of focus to any writing process.

Because it forces you to concentrate on each letter, it makes you slow down and symbolically builds up greater energy due to that extra focus.

7 Likes

@Francisco all I can say is…

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

:wink:

6 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Accidents happen :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve seen this code before. You can change it easily by Advancing letters to any place in the system. As long as everyone has the same key it’s easy to use. It’s also one of the easiest to crack.

2 Likes

Just have to keep practicing!

3 Likes