Colour associations: Light red, yellow, orange
Elemental association: Fire
Crystal associations: Bloodstone, amber, smoky quartz
Diety associations: Freya, Freyr, Heimdallr, Ran
Herbal association: Cowslip
Tree association: Pine
Astrological association: Mars, The Sun, Gemini
Tarot association: Chariot
Magical uses: Safe travels, navigating inner journeys, maintaining equanimity in challenging situations and justice in dispute.
Keywords: Fire, Torch, Light, Heat, Willpower, Enlightenment, Creative Breakthrough.
This Rune also has a reversed meaning, I’ll include the reversed meaning but just note that not everyone uses reversed meanings some just see the Runes as the Runes no matter how they lay.
I’m going to copy and paste another few passages from Lisa Chamberlain’s book again for reference.

“Drawing this rune indicates that you are or will be experiencing a breakthrough in
some area of your life that has caused you confusion or anguish. Higher guidance
is with you now, bringing enlightenment and clarity. You will be able to
reconsider your situation in light of new information or understanding, which will
allow you to make any necessary changes to your approach. Be sure to take the
lessons of your enlightenment to heart. Allow the power and energy of this
illuminating experience to open the way for you and propel you along your path.”

“Reversed, Kenaz indicates that you are feeling left out in the cold or in the dark in
some way. You may be experiencing a sense of a spiritual void or lack of
connection to the inner knowledge of your higher self. Often something is ending
—a relationship, a career, or some other enterprise. You are advised to trust that
this ending is for your highest good. Do not cling to the old circumstances. Know
that the period of darkness that comes with endings is necessary so that a new
source of light can come into your life.”

“Additional Meanings
Kenaz also denotes the fire of creative action and artistry. This is a good time to
begin creative projects. Prior obstacles to productivity have been cleared away
and you now have optimal energy and passion for your creative work. Harness
the power of the forge—where raw materials are transformed into valued objects
—to bring your projects to fruition. In this context, Kenaz reversed indicates a
lack of creative inspiration and feeling blocked. You may need to tend to your
inner self in a different way in order to rekindle the fire.
In a reading centred on romantic situations, Kenaz points to a new relationship
beginning, while Kenaz reversed signifies a parting of ways. Often, the emphasis
is on the masculine aspects of the relationship. Kenaz reversed can also warn of
the destructive powers of fire, such as an unhealthy emphasis on lust or a lack of
groundedness in the throes of passion. Keep your balance lest you get burned.”

I enjoyed looking for info on today’s Rune :slight_smile: My intuition led me to think of how much more creative and passionate fire I have in me that I never really had before I found my spirituality and saw the world through new eyes :heartpulse:

13 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you post!

4 Likes

Wow, this is a lot of great info! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for sharing your rune wisdom, @Liisa :pray:

This is a rune that really draws me in- thanks so much for sharing all of the uses, correspondences, and details about Kenaz! I am learning a lot :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you :heartpulse: I’ve been enjoying looking for the info, I’ve been meaning to get a deeper understanding of the Runes and this is really helping me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, that’s an awesome read and really helpful :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you! :sparkling_heart::hibiscus:

4 Likes

@christina4 @judith5 You are welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This stops me from being lazy when it comes to researching lol :nerd_face: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

It helps me too! I see your work then I practice more and it helps us both!

2 Likes

torches. right? fire that burns on the inside. Remembering what this is all for. reminding me of Hecate and how she lit the dark path for Demeter, the one who sees all. idk much yet only what i have read that keeps being repeated. torches.

what did you find.

3 Likes

The word for the Rune I’m sure translates to torch in old Norse or Germanic, I’m not sure which? It’s about the importance of both the physical torch and the fire we have inside us :slight_smile: If you feel a pull to research more into Hectate’s energy though you should :heartpulse: Sounds like that resonated with you :heartpulse: Thank you :heartpulse:

4 Likes