Top 10 Ancient Greek Goddesses

4 Likes

Huh. I would have thought Hera had the number one spot. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank you for the information! I like learning about the Gods & Goddesses! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

We all should read about Greek mythology, is it not how the soap opera started?
They’re all very bitchy😊

2 Likes

I’m with @Susurrus- I also love learning about the Gods and Goddesses! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing @Basil :pray:

2 Likes

I have found 2 apps.
Greek Mythology, and Greek Gods.
So far, interesting.

3 Likes

Greek Gods and Heroes!

3 Likes

In playstore!

3 Likes

Was it more fun than us with only one?
I prefer the gods I believe in nowadays:
The forest, the moon, planets, anything I can touch, feel and see.
Most of all makes me feel who I am.:revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

I liked to see Athena as the number one! She was born from Zeus’ skull which is awesome! :laughing: Also, being the goddess of wisdom and war is a nice combination. Fierce and learned, brain and brawn! :brain: :muscle:

3 Likes

Absolutely!! A monotheistic deity is supposed to be 100% perfect all the time. Meanwhile it’s pretty clear that polytheistic deities are far from perfect, each of them has their own traits and personalities, and to me that’s a lot more interesting and realistic.

3 Likes

True. And Hera does have that nasty reputation for smiting all of Zeus’s mistresses. Which I totally understand. She was the Goddess of Marriage and it doesn’t look good for her hubby to be running around.

I like Athena too! When you think of it, between her and Mercury, they are the Gods over the Internet. Communication, speed, and knowledge. Very cool.

4 Likes

Didn’t work for the Pharaoh that moved the capital somewhere else, to be abandoned later on.

It reminds me the 5 cultures living in Spain in harmony, until Isabel, a Portuguese upstarter, decided to to unify Castilla and Aragon.

If it wasnt for those cultures we would still shitting inside wardrobes.

Nowadays we are still struggling with 1 deity. New generations are growing lost, looking for idols to follow.
The whole world will never agree to live in harmony.
Being assertive in religion is never a good thing.
Whatever happened to live and let live.
Will ever live in harmony as humans accepting that there are other creature in GAIA or GAEA?

3 Likes

I have to admit that for commoners in Ancient Greece had to be a nightmare to please them all at any given time, but, although I personally think is good fun to read about their antics, have to admit they were a bunch of spoiled brats!
Zeus was a bit of a bully and Athena was a pain in the a…, brain to him!
Girls just one have fun.
Matriarchal ruling society, all over again?
Will work this time, finally?
Mars Vs Venus,
Ying & Yang
Ping and Pong

4 Likes