Trapping demons

Hello to all my brothers and sisters, I hope everyone is doing good.
So I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on how to trap a demon in a dybbuk box. Thank you In advance. Stay safe,
Blessed Be.

9 Likes

not sure on that but deffently following to get an actual answer on that

7 Likes

May I ask of why you want to trap a daemon? In this in matter, I asume of a low vibrational daemon.
I know that you’ll get a answer for your question. Wine cabinets haunted by a Dybbuk spirit has be debunked by Jewish rabbis with the knowledge on Jewish mysticism as fake. The question here is, can a person trap a daemon on such a object? Maybe, but what’s the use for it, and make a low vibrational daemon mad? Or even open a portal to let whatever vibrational spirit to enter to this dimension and make wreck havoc of the place and people, not knowing on how to properly close the portal.

11 Likes

Greetings @Sapphire!

I also wasn’t familiar with dybbuk boxes, so I looked it up out of curiosity:

The Dybbuk box , or Dibbuk box (Hebrew: קופסת דיבוק, romanized: Kufsat Dibbuk ), is a wine cabinet claimed to be haunted by a dybbuk , a concept from Jewish mythology. The box gained notoriety when it was auctioned off on eBay by owner Kevin Mannis, who created a story featuring Jewish Holocaust survivors and paranormal claims as part of his eBay item description. Mannis’ story was the inspiration for the 2012 horror film The Possession .

In 2021, Mannis told Input magazine that the Dybbuk Box story was entirely fictional.

From Wikipedia: Dybbuk box

It looks like the man who created the first dybbuk box admitted that it was made up- Kevin Mannis (original owner and creator of the first box) apparently admitted as much in this interview with Input Magazine in 2021.

I understand he is a creative writer and this was an outlet for his creativity, but I think it is a really crappy thing to do to try to make money off of such a horrific thing like the Holocaust and the very real suffering of the people during it :frowning_face:

But although research points towards dybbuk boxes not being authentic tools for trapping demons, dybbuks themselves are an actual part of Jewish traditions- the Wikipedia article on Dybbuks paints them as very malicious spirits who were originally living people :ghost:

I am not Jewish and I’m not familiar with Jewish customs in regards to handling dybbuks/evil spirits, so hopefully others here who do have experience in this regard can help you out! :pray: I also cannot say I am an advocate of trying to trap evil or harmful things- depending on what you hope to do, perhaps you could consider banishing it insidead with a Banishing Spell?

As for demons and evil spirits in general (and not specifically dybbuks), it looks like @pedros10 kindly has some helpful advice for you, and I would also suggest checking the Spirit Work Tag here in the forum to find other methods of dealing with spirits such as ghosts.

Sorry I couldn’t offer more help in this, Sapphire- I hope you can find what you are looking for! Good luck and blessed be! :sparkles:

11 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have any information for you @Sapphire but with my upbringing, I do believe in spirits, good and evil ones.
Thank you @BryWisteria for explaining the dybbuk box, I didn’t know what it really was, thanks again for looking this up for the rest of us.

5 Likes

I agree with what’s been said. The person who claimed to have found that device has admitted that it was all made up. Also there doesn’t seem to be any precedents in Jewish lore or history for a dybbuk box.

We’ve had some discussion about demons before:

6 Likes

I was asking for a friend. I don’t mess with evil anything ever!!!

4 Likes

No worries, @Sapphire- I hope you found plenty of information to share with your friend! You are very kind for offering to help them :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.