Update from Garnet ❤

Hi everyone, still alive in Florida! Rich was discharged from hospital and admitted to a rehab facility.
I fear that the worst news is that he may have had a slight stroke. He leans to the right when sitting and it’s hard for him to lift his right foot. He can walk with a walker (which he hates. Sigh, Proud man, right?)
He also came back positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 (damn it all!) and was in complete isolation for a week.
That was the bad news.
The good news is that I was tested and came back clear x3. Very good news. He was in complete isolation for a week and came back negative the day before yesterday and I was able to visit him again.
He’s being discharged this wed. home. Thursday, I have to take him to St. Petersburg, Bay pines Veterans hosp. to be evaluated by occupational therapy for an electric wheelchair.
Please send me strength, I have never been so tired.
Love you all
Garnet

25 Likes

I’m glad to hear Rich was discharged from the hospital I know how good it must of felt for him to finally see your face after a week. When my mom had a stroke it was one of the hardest times of my life helping her to regain her strength knowing that it was going to be different from now on but above all we were going to be okay. We find out how truly strong we are when we have to be. Rich is lucky to have such loving and supportive wife like you some people will live there entire life’s and never have that and to find a foundation for sustainable love in this world is one of the most important things we could ever ask for. You have such an incredible strength. Sending you love and light. :people_hugging::heartpulse:

15 Likes

I had no idea you were going through all of that. Sending you love and strength Garnet. :people_hugging:

14 Likes

Sending you and Rich much love and healing vibes. I hope all goes well for you both. I worry!

14 Likes

Hi Garnet! :heart:

I’ve been keeping you in my heart and my thoughts and I know I’m not the only one- this coven loves you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So I hope you don’t mind that I rehomed this post into its very own post- this way it won’t get buried in the challenge comments and more folks will be likely to see it. Thank you so much for popping in to say hello and share an update :pray:

I’m glad to hear Rich was discharged from the hospital and that you are covid-free! Continuing to keep you both in my thoughts over the coming days. Here’s to hoping Wednesday arrives quickly and that Rich has a safe trip back home.

Sending strength and love to you both! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Hello @Garnet I am happy to hear Rich was discharged and that you are both Covid free. Sending much love and light. :heart:

12 Likes

I’m glad to hear you both are alright - I was worried! :pray:

While it isn’t the best news that Rich has Covid, it is good news that it was caught and he’s doing well! :clap: I’m confident that both of you will be perfectly healthy very soon. I hope your travels to St. Pete are safe!

12 Likes

Huzzah for great news! Sending you so much love and light and energy. Please don’t forget to take care of yourself. You can’t care for Rich very well if you are not well yourself!

11 Likes

Hi Garnet,

I am so happy :hugs: you are “still alive in Florida!”

Keeping you in my prayers and sending healing and ‘strength’ to you and Rich for as long as needed :pray: :heart:

With big hugs :people_hugging: always

11 Likes

I am so sorry to hear you and hubby are having such a hard time and also so sorry i only saw your post now. I can imagine not just the physical exhaustion but the mental strain it must be taking on you. I send my love and light your way to you both and pray that everything gets better and more positive from here on in. Take care of yourself Hun x :heart: :people_hugging:

10 Likes

Sending you love, hugs, strength. You’re in my prayers lovely, oh so sorry for all you’re going through, get rest and sending healing, it’s been tough, good news it was caught and now you can both recover . Take care. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::hugs:

8 Likes

Thanks for the update @Garnet! I’m glad to hear that you are both all right now, even though it’s been a really rough ride. Sending healing energy your way! :heart:

9 Likes

Much love and support to you sweetest @Garnet :heart:

8 Likes

Glad to hear Rich is coming home. I myself had a stroke beginning of april and the recovery is slow going and frustrating but you just have to celebrate every little victory that you can. Sending strength vibes and wishing for Tich to have a speedy recovery. May thw lord and lafy bless you each day so .ote it be.

8 Likes

Glad to hear both of you are all right now.

7 Likes

Garnet has kindly shared a new update! To view the continued discussion, visit: Update from Garnet 2