Wanting to contact my Mom

I saw the post about a summoning spell with witches bells. I have long wanted to try to reach out to my Mom. I miss her so very much. I’ve thought of the Ouija board but she believed they were evil so I’m not sure that would be the best way.

Any ideas for a beginner?

Thanks! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

7 Likes

My first piece of advice, beyond learning how to listen to your intuition, is to create an ancestor altar or give her some sort of space in your home. Even if this is just a photo on the counter or wall, it’s a space in your home that she is welcome. You would connect with her here, speaking with her and leaving offerings (usually starting with a bowl of water is okay unless there’s something specific your mom likes).

I always recommend having some form of protection in place. If you regularly ward your home this should be sufficient. Then, just make this act of connection routine! You may “hear” from her right away or it may take a while. In some cases, she may not be ready to come through at all and you won’t hear from her. That choice is ultimately hers.

We had a past challenge about ancestors and ancestor work that might have some ideas and inspiration for you!

We also have a post on the Spells8 blog about connecting and talking with spirits.

I think this is spot on. I wouldn’t use a method of contact someone wouldn’t have used while they were living, not at first. You may find that since she has passed, her spirit has left behind the earthly notions of “good and evil” items. She may be willing to use a spirit board in the future! I find pendulums most often recommended for spirit communication. If you have one of those, you may try that.

With so many things out there about contacting spirits, I just want to say that it’s usually not as scary or difficult as people believe - you’ll be connecting with your mom in no time! :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

A nicer way would be a pendulum with a pendulum board

9 Likes

Just add a little thing too, sometimes spirit doesn’t connect with a tool, no reason why. If this is so, you can just open up your intuition and let her talk through you. You become the pendulum. You set yourself up as you would a pendulum, (once you’ve made the connection,) push me forward for yes, push me sideways for no. Etc.

This is a common method used by spiritualists when they talk to family, it’s a method I was taught by my medium.

Light a candle
Sit upright cross-legged
Close your eyes
Breathe and relax
Call in your Protection and circle (whatever you use) say in your protection this communication is for my mother only. Call in any deities.
Steady your heartbeat, clear your mind.
Now ask to speak to your mother, (I call the name of the person 3 times)
Then wait.
You may feel your heartbeat stronger, like palpitations, it can take a few moments for connection.
Then ask, Mum are you with me? Push me forward for Yes, and sideways for No. Your mum now knows which direction to push you to talk with you.
You’ll feel your body get heavy, and gradually you’ll start to rock in the relevant direction, it can take a few minutes.
You are now acting as the pendulum.
You can now talk, ask yes/no questions.
When you’re finished, you say Thankyou, goodbye
You’ll feel the disconnection.
Breathe and relax and stretch out your body.
Close your circle, thank any deities, blow out the candle.

:sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

If you do end up using a board. I believe people are shown things after death. So she may not mind. I’m with Megan honor her with picture of anything u please.

Same as @tracyS said too. She may or may not come through that way. Doesn’t mean you can’t test different methods

9 Likes

Have you seen our ouija thread?

4 Likes

@MeganB can u link it I have to start getting ready or I would

Xo

4 Likes

Yup, I’ve got you :heart:

Using a Ouija Board Safely

5 Likes

@MeganB @john1 @tracyS @Devenne Thanks all! Wonderful advice. I have her ashes on my altar already. I have added her picture. I ordered a pendulum board that I really felt drawn to, (I want to make my own in the future). It actually comes with a Ouija board as well. I don’t know if that is a sign or not.

I have not seen the thread on Ouija yet. I see you posted it as I was replying - thanks!!I have a sick 4 year old today so I’m hoping to have some time to get some reading done. (I miss being able to read whenever I want).

Plan on doing lots of research before starting. Thank you all so much for the advice. I am so grateful for this group for helping me promote my practice. I feel I have made more progress in the last 3 months than I have on my own in the last 3 years!!

Much love

Audra

7 Likes

Here’s a few experiences too
Talking to Spirits/ Necromancy TW: Death

https://forum.spells8.com/t/talking-to-spirits-necromancy-tw-death/47946/51?u=tracys

https://forum.spells8.com/t/talking-to-spirits-necromancy-tw-death/47946/79?u=tracys

Here’s a few links for when your ready. :green_heart:
This book is free on kindle unlimited

6 Likes

Thank you!!! Bookmarked!

6 Likes

@tracyS had a wonderful short short read on ouija . Tracy you want to point her that too maybe love muffin?

5 Likes

@Devenne is that on the talking spirit post where you chatted to grandpa, let me see if can find it

5 Likes

@Devenne just added another link, is that the one :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s the very first like that has that short easy book thanks @tracyS :rose:

5 Likes

@Devenne I added the link to your experience, and the book. :green_heart:

4 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: Love it. It’s perfect :blush: hope u have the best day :rose:

4 Likes

@Devenne You too lovely :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes