Way off topic for anyplace here but

:service_dog: we are getting a female white, black (with a bit of brown and merle coloring) blue tick puppy. I was thinking of naming here Aine after Brigid’s sister the Faerie Goddess. Would that be considered disrespectful at all? TIA.

Cant wait to get her home in 4 weeks. So exciting.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. I mean, how many cats are named Loki for gosh’s sake? You have time to think up a naming ritual if you want, just to make sure. Sounds like she’s going to be a real pretty dog. Good luck with puppy training!

6 Likes

I don’t think that is disrespectful but like @Amethyst mentioned, maybe doing the naming ritual will make it feel better than to just name the pupper. I hope you have a great bond with the pup and you are best friends.

6 Likes

@Amethyst @Susurrus thanks gals!! :sparkling_heart: :kissing_heart: My hubby told me to ask permission first of Ainwe so a naming ritual after that should be appropriate. We still have 2 weeks or so before pup is ready. She is going to be gorgeous if her mama is any indication. I have an unbreakable bond with my doxie and the new pup is more for my daughter to have someone to pal around with lol. Not looking forward to the training but looking forward to having a puppy around.

5 Likes

That’s not disrespectful at all!!! A puppy is so exciting!! All the kisses, messes and puppy breath!!!

5 Likes

I wish we could have a puppy or even a kitty. But my 2 dogs wouldn’t allow it. That’s okay, they have their puppy dumb moments still.

I’m so happy for you & I hope your daughter finds a best friend! Perfect!

I hope it all goes well for you and your family!

4 Likes

Baby animals are so cute and endearing. You’ll have to share pictures once you get her! Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks @christina4 and @Susurrus
We decided to change the spelling a bit and to do an intention ritual as a family, meditate and wait for an answer. Then do a naming ritual when we have the pup here. But first…COFFEE RITUAL! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

5 Likes

Congrats on the new addition to the family, @Magdelina! That is some very exciting news :dog: :two_hearts:

I’m with Kasie, Krissie, and Christina on this one- I don’t consider respectfully honoring a deity by sharing their name with a family member to be disrespectful. That being said, I think it is a great idea to ask for permission from the diety! I hope the response is positive :blush::pray:

Enjoy your coffee ritual- blessed be! And please please please share puppy pictures! :laughing: :heart:

4 Likes

Little Ainue (found another pronounciation and it’s ahn-yay rhymes with tanya)

We got to pick her up Monday the 8th and been training her to sleep in her crate (success), tell us when she needs to go out (another success, she whines and comes to get me), she loves to play with my slippers and take off with them and she likes to sleep at my husband’s feet when we meditate (she also has her own chair). She is very quiet until she isn’t lol. She is a blue tick/coon hound cross and my brother in law has both the mom and dad.

She is the perfect fit for us. :heart_eyes: :service_dog:

8 Likes

Awww! She’s so cute! I just wanna smush her in a hug! What a little darling!

4 Likes

Oh god she’s so beautiful :heart: It hurts my heart! :joy:

I don’t think it’s disrespectful at all! I adore dogs, they have such pure little hearts surely it’s a compliment, if anything, to have a dog named after you :joy:

Enjoy your new pupper. So jealous!

5 Likes

awwww!!! SO cute!!! Love the name. I don’t believe it’s disrespectful at all. I believe they would take it as honorable. :grinning:

5 Likes

I love her & the name. It’s aweseome! Enjoy your little love!

3 Likes

Hooray! Wishing a very warm welcome to your sweet furry friend, @Magdelina :dog: :hearts: She is beautiful- and it sounds like she is a wonderful meditation partner too! :grin:

3 Likes

Little Ainue is a joy! She has so much spunk and full of piss and vinegar (playful) first thing in the morning which keeps me on my toes literally (she likes to play with my feet while I am walking). She already knows the routine for going out, being quiet in her chair (she is spoiled) while we meditate in the morning and evening and she greets me when I get home from work. She also keeps our dachshund Dottie on her toes and loves to chase the cats. She has also learned to sleep in her crate at night without howling. We did the whole thing of making sure we had a blanket with her mama smell on it which she turned her nose up at the very first night. She is definitely our dog.

4 Likes

Aww, she sounds like a sweetie!

3 Likes

She is so cute!!! My doggie sitter’s name is Anya and my fur baby is Anka. :blush:

5 Likes