We Don't Talk About Silver, no no no!

Okay, I have a discussion for y’all. I’m not putting in the question topic because it’s more of a discussion over a question, so play nicely if you can everyone.

Why does no one talk about Silver RavenWolf?

I haven’t read her stuff in years, too busy with new stuff but I’m wanting to refresh myself with To Ride A Silver Broomstick. I know there was a THING with Teen Witch where she told kids to hide things from their parents and that was wrong and all but why isn’t she talked about more?

People talk about Scott Cunningham and his stuff is just as old, if not older than hers. So I’m wondering. What do y’all think?

12 Likes

I haven’t read any of her books mainly because I don’t know anything about her and I thought her name sounded made up. If I knew more about her or had a recommendation I would probably buy one of her books.
So what would you recommend for her best book?
Sorry no arguments here! LOL
:pentagram:

12 Likes

From what I’ve read with her she’s very well popular. I don’t honestly know why we don’t talk about Silver but maybe people have their reasons. She seems to be pretty good people and a fantastic witch.

11 Likes

I honestly didn’t know about her or her works :books: minus Teen Witch. I didn’t realize there were more encompassing works by her. I think the Teen Witch thing more has to do with the time she was writing than what is happening now, so I don’t see a reason why we can’t recommend some titles from her keeping in mind that she is an older author & keep it in that context of the writing. :pen:

I really hope that makes sense once it’s not in my head. :joy:

11 Likes

For the most part, I hate to say this but it stems from her constant spreading of misinformation, rewriting of literal history, and “one true wayism”. There is a great deal more but I no longer have access to the articles since the wildfire. Also, there are her actions at witchy, pagan, and Wiccan events some I’ve had the displeasure to see firsthand some of the issues firsthand at different events she has attended. She’s considered by many to be pushy and rude. She has at a number of events demanded to be part of the event even though she was not invited as a speaker or to take part. Then there’s her entitlement to anything people are selling. She has from my understanding been caught no less than three times at one event taking items from a vender table and walking away without paying telling the person the event would cover the item. She has also been accused of cultural appropriation esp when it comes to her chosen name for a start. Then comes to her hypocrisy when it comes to other faiths. In one breath she will say to respect all than then the next breath goes on a rant bashing other faiths. She is also famous for her belief that Wicca and witchcraft are one and the same and you cannot be one without the other. There is a plethora of other information out there but I’ll include just a couple that make, the most valid points.
This is a great article on the subject. Continuing Anger Over Silver Ravenwolf | Wicca for the Rest of Us -
A more updated article from 2020 Update: RavenWolf Controversy - by Melanie Griffin
In fact, there is a few full topics on her on Reddit. This one here on Reddit while over 8 years old has some decent info as well as a few examples https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/comments/2di64i/why_does_nobody_like_silver_ravenwolf/.

What I find even more interesting is that her wiki page is flagged for notability as well as misinformation.

10 Likes

I have to admit, I know nothing of her. The name does sound familiar…Guess I shall add this to my list of things to research. :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Interesting, I had no idea about her. @LadyDennaRahl I appreciate your information on her.

7 Likes

I liked To Ride a Silver Broomstick. It’s been a dragon age since I’ve read it but I can remember it being an easy read, you know? That’s why I wanted to find out what the what was before I bought a digital copy.

@LadyDennaRahl has some good posts linked and good information. That’s probably why no one reputable talks about her! Now I know!

It did! LOL!

See, I don’t remember any of that, I’ll have to go back and reread! But thank you for that info. I don’t want to support some big-name author if they’re going to be a witch with her compatriots.

Thank you so much for those links, I’ll be looking through them.

I was a newbie to the faith when I read these books, I bet I would think differently now. We’ll see if I get time to read them over again. I’ve got so many books on my to-read list that I haven’t read, I don’t wanna bump one off just to read it and see if it’ll make me mad. LOL!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.