Weekly Challenge - Catch-up - The Veil Between Worlds

:clock2: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Challenge Entry 2 of 2 for: The Veil between Worlds - Witch of the Veil:

Date: Friday 19th November 2021: Full Moon

‘Mirror Gazing to Contact the Spirit of a Deceased Loved One originally shared by @Moonshadow

After spending some time in the full moon light after i completed my Full Moon Release I decided to try my hand at scrying.

I decided to hang a little travel mirror just above my altar as this would be perfect for me to sit on the floor and gaze up into it without getting any reflections. I sat in the dark of night with some ear plugs in to deafen any outside noise.

I made myself a circle of protection using alternating pieces of Black Tourmaline and Smoky Quartz for Protection and Grounding and to banish any negativity.

I placed a photo of me when I was very little my late Dad and me and my late Granddad on my altar in front of me. I lit a purple candle on my altar. I put my Dad’s favourite t-shirt on my altar.

I tried to remember happy memories that I shared with them from my childhood, I focused on how much I miss them both and on all the things that I would like to talk to them about. I mentally asked them to please come and spend some time to communicate with me.

I spent some time in quiet meditation just simply trying to envision communicating with them, trying to remember their voices, what would they say to me?

I focused on my breathing in for 5 out for 5. I tried to maintain this steady rhythm. When I felt ready I simply just gazed into the mirror without actually focusing on anything.

After what felt like a long time, though really it couldn’t have been all that long… my vision became really hazy and the mirror almost looked smoky or cloudy. Little bit of both really. Everything kept going in and out of focus. I don’t remember any actual thoughts that I had other than being aware that I was feeling absolutely ice cold with my skin looking like I had traded bodies with a Christmas goose. (It’s summer next month here in Australia so I have no right to feel the cold). This sensation came and went several times… my vision kept going in and out of focus on the hazy mirror… I never saw anything that I am aware of or remember hearing anything.

I just sat on the floor for I honestly don’t know how long, I didn’t even realise that I was crying silent little tears. I think that I would have just kept on sitting there hoping to see or hear something if it wasn’t for Denzel, my most wonderful, loyal and understanding companion with 4 paws came to find me, nuzzled me with his snout and tried to lick my tears away. (Aren’t animals just the best creatures on this earth?). I got up packed away my things.

I don’t know why I did it but I decided to sleep with dad’s t-shirt under my pillow. That night I dreamt of both him and my late Granddad. They didn’t say anything. They were just sitting on the low fence in like perfect sunset sunlight at my nan’s old place where I used to spend a lot of my time as a kid after dad died growing up. I don’t know if I said anything to either of them in this dream. I just remember going to sit between them on this fence. I have not had either of them in my dreams for years.

Blew my little cotton socks right off!

11 Likes

I’m glad you dreamt of them! That’s progress. Keep practicing and you’ll get more answers than expected.

6 Likes

I really do want to keep practicing. :blush:

5 Likes

Good morning @jessica72! Thank you for sharing, I haven’t tried Mirror Gazing for Divination as of yet. I also have to think about if I want to do a 2nd Challenge Entry this week :thinking:

There are so many ways to learn! I have used a pendulum & tarot mostly. I do have a couple of mirrors I could use that was my mother’s by way of my grandmother & great-grandmother. I also have 2 little spheres for scrying… one is clear & one is made up of shattered glass. After I have gotten a little more comfortable with Runes, I think I will try it with the mirror first.

I hope you don’t mind, I added the link to Moonshadow’s shared post. :hugs:

4 Likes

I totally believe that spirits visit us in our dreams, so that’s awesome that you got to sit with them.

5 Likes

@jessica72 ok! wow! :grinning: I admire you for following through with the mirror spell and sharing your experience and I am sad that you didn’t see what you wanted :pensive: maybe your dad and grandpa were in your dream to answer your call somehow? Or just to sit with you at that moment? I do hope you feel their love and support -blessed be :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I really did feel thier love and support in that dream. Of all the things that I would dream of that night, there they both were. No words were needed I think. I just knew they were there just to show me that they are there for me still.

I really owe you my thanks @moonshadow because if you hadn’t shared the mirror gazing technique that I tried then I most likely in all honesty would have never had that dream.

Thank you so much for sharing a technique that gave me such a beautiful, peaceful moment with two people that mean so much to me. Even though it was only a brief moment, it was powerful and meaningful. I just know they’re with me every stepof every day.

You really are a blessing and I am so grateful to you :purple_heart:

4 Likes

@jessica72 that is wonderful! I do a dream spell to be with my sister who crossed over. (We visit every month)
Here is that spell in case you want to try it? :purple_heart:

• 1 white candle
  • A picture of the deceased
  • A pentagram
  • Lavender in a natural bag (cotton, muslin)

Light the white candle and stare at the flame for a few minutes. Then put the picture at eye level and say:

"You have passed through the veil;
But with this spell,
I will dream of you soon,
This I foretell.

Place the picture under your pillow. Let the candle burn to a stub, extinguish & place it in the bag of Lavender. Sleep with these items under your pillow for three nights to receive the dream you want.

6 Likes

I would love to try! Yes please.
I’m so sorry to hear that you have lost your sister. I never had the chance to meet my older sister. Mum amd Dad lost her beofre I was born, I often wonder how similar or how different we would be.
But thank you so much for sharing another spell with me.

4 Likes

That sounds like some powerful spellwork, @jessica72! :raised_hands: And it looks like it was successful, albeit in a way different to what was expected. I’m glad you were able to see your father and grandfather in such a peaceful moment in your dreams :heart:

Thank you for sharing your experience- I wish you all the best with your continued spiritual communications work! Be well and blessed be :sparkles::blush:

4 Likes

@jessica72, thanks for sharing this, and yes keep practicing. I have not tried this with the mirror. I’m interested in trying it, just not there as of yet.

4 Likes