:witch_cauldron: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - A Witch's Cauldron

Thank you for the spread.

I hope things smooth out for you soon so you can get some predictability and rest into your life.

15 Likes

Challenge entry.

I tried my cauldron when I first got it. I immediately found out that I hated the smell of charcoal disks. :cry:

I tried it again another time in case I’d done something wrong. Nope. :cry:

But I do enjoy burning stuff. I’m responsible for more than a few balls of fire during high school. :smiling_imp:

So I tried some spell fire with other things. I have both Hecate Ritual Spellfire and Lilith Ritual Spellfire from Belladonna’s Botanicals. Now that was some fun! :fire:

Although, I hated the smell of burning paper. FML. :joy: I will never find peace.

I watched their instructional video on how to use them here.

I’m not going to do any of this right now though, because it’s 27°C/80.6°F outside and way too hot to be burning things! :smiling_face_with_tear:

Another thing I like doing is filling my cauldron with sand and sticking an incense stick in it. It reminds me of how the incense would be at the front of my grandparents’ house. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[Woman putting incense sticks on pot photo – Free Vietnam Image on Unsplash]

Not to the extent in the photo, however! But it’s what works for me. :smile:

In between, my cauldron tends to look like this. :cauldron:

Just sitting around with some nice stuff in it. I mean, when it’s not packed away for moving. :package:

Realistically, I get much more use out of this "cauldron," which is also made out of cast iron, but it's coated with ceramic.

And on that note, I’m going to cook some dinner.

:black_heart:

17 Likes

Thanks cystal! I have to tell you about that picture. I had my phone on the floor next to my chair, with a lot of other stuff, and when I picked my phone up it snapped a pic of all the junk by my chair. That’s the pic I posted at first! I quickly deleted it. Lol! Just goes to show you that a photo might look nice, but there is chaos around it! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

14 Likes

@Devenne your cauldron is awesome! Sometimes we have to make due with what we have!

13 Likes

:laughing: that’s hilarious I’ve accidentally posted the wrong picture before and had to quickly delete it so I know the struggle :joy: but your pictures are always beautiful I love looking at your changing alter and your crystal ball :crystal_ball: pictures are some of my favorite :grin::sparkles::sparkles:

12 Likes

Thank you crystal. :hugs:

12 Likes

“The Celtic woman walks in peace, but unobtrusively carries her battle weapons”

I love this.

15 Likes

@Ostara thankyou for your kind words xo

12 Likes

Your welcome @Devenne 2 years ago I was a baby witch and used my pans as a caldron! :heart: :hugs: :shallow_pan_of_food:

14 Likes

@Ostara out of all the stuff I bought a few months ago. I forgot to get a cauldron. Now I’m thinking about not getting one since I’m using the pot/pan. It seems to work well enough. Then I have that little cast iron piece inside the pan I use for charcoal incense. ? You think I need one or can get away with using this.

14 Likes

Use what you have. You don’t need to spend a ton of money on supplies. I think all of my candle holders came from thrift stores. It’s your energy that makes your supplies magical.

14 Likes

Thankyou for the advice! Means a lot xo :rose::heart: :black_heart: :heart:

13 Likes

Thank you… I love doing these challenges even though I don’t always get them in I always start and get most of the way through it and this is just another way for me to learn the tools.

Blessed Be
Medea

14 Likes

That’s what so great about the catch up challenges!

12 Likes

Here is my alter the flowers is for my mother in law, her funeral is on Tuesday. Small cauldron but to me fits perfect. )0(

17 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
I don’t have a cauldron as I’ve not been burning much. Of course I’ve found about 6 different ones I’d like! :laughing::crazy_face:

I’ve been using these 2

This one I use for burning sage and palo. I think I have some cedar in there now too.

This I use to burn paper or bay leaves in releasing spells.

I’m not really sure what else I’d use a cauldron for…hmmm…something to ponder :thinking:

16 Likes

@kirsty4 your altar is beautiful!

@Sivonnah that is a blast from the past. I’m pretty sure that’s an ashtray and it is perfect to burn things in. I was born in the late 60’s and a child in the 70’s. Back then, people would even smoke in hospitals. I remember a dish like that. It’s vintage, just like me. Lol! :smoking:

15 Likes

@Ostara I bought it at the Goodwill. I never even thought about it being an ashtray :laughing: :joy: I guess it would be fire proof then! I remember people smoking in the malls and hospitals. So crazy! :crazy_face:

15 Likes

I think it is so awesome!

14 Likes

Kristi,
I love the charm maybe :thinking:BTW, I’ll add one to my cauldrons collection.
And send some new pics k

What a beautiful way to charm miss KRisti with a k! It’s magickal and love your name bye the way! And the Alter is stunning with those wands! You would appreciate my new wand. BTW Fabulous!! Happy New Moon

I’m scrolling up to see what was suggestive, and your cauldron by the way looks so crafty! You did that!? That is so creative! Hail Heckate! I absolutely adore your craftsmanship Devenne it is Hot :hot_face: lol
The witches in Macbeth have a rhyming couplet of

“double double toil, and trouble&fire burn, & cauldron bubble this cup chant witches”

It’s magickal indeed Witer Witch! Every witch should have liners for her crockpot, or instant pot ! Excellent! :100:

If you burn resin, it tends to get smoky, I like incorporating pine and it has a really subtle finish that helps. But to each there own. My pets don’t like the smoke :dash:
I like the smoke but they don’t so I try to be considerate and use a small amount.

Beautiful alter by the way I’m making a addition for the the wall soon you will see! It’s on my to do list!

You can burn herbs like rosemary smudge sticks and you make it yourself.

You can tie pine and make smudge sticks!
There’s Dragons blood :drop_of_blood: smudge sticks!
You can burn bay leaf which is my favorite past time!
Burn :fire: anxiety
Burn Fear
Burn something that is in your psyche that has to go! Like anger or pain.
Okay have a great night! I got to enjoy a fire tonight that was fun! I should have took a picture but it’s okay I enjoyed myself!
Jean

16 Likes