:witch_cauldron: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - A Witch's Cauldron

Yes it’s easier with Rosemary but yes they need to be dry to burn but it’s kinda a pain for me to tie. My tie didn’t come out that great it was kinda lose. Maybe there’s someone that knows how to tie well and has a tortorial? Or probably you heard this before practice makes perfect.

The Magic Circle
Painting by John William Waterhouse

https://www.pinterest.es/pin/743656957207159159/

Circe Invidiosa by John William Waterhouse

I just criss crossed them and they turned out okay. I don’t know how they get it so perfect but you don’t have to tie it into a bundle. In fact the you have an offering is great in the cauldron. I love a good presentation and want my craft to look the best. I really love using the charcoal with Crushed Pinecone. Yo must use a mort and petal. Then add some essential oils to blend inn some woody smells! I have a recipe I would have to look but I got from Entering Hecates Garden :potted_plant:
Cyndi Brannen In fact I posted it once. Pretty sure this is off the top of my head.
I love burning cinnamon brooms :broom: sometimes they get old and well it’s one way to recycle :recycle: Save the ashes because it’s good to make black salt.
Jeannie

14 Likes

Sorry to be a bit confused, here. It’s 3:13 am, and my mind is fuzzy.

@MeganB Wasn’t there a tale of Bran’s head being used as a cauldron while his people were traveling? There may be more depth to it.

While traveling, we don’t always have all the supplies we need for a proper casting we would have done otherwise. At these times, visualizing is like using your own mind as a type of cauldron, holding all the elements, mixing things together, letting thoughts simmer, keeping things safe.

@starborn May your move go smoothly. May all your boxes be the lightest of cauldrons. (Remember to focus on a spot above the box when lifting and chant “Light as a feather, stiff as a board” over and over until you put it down. Focus constantly.) May your breakables be protected and safe. May you find everything when you unpack. May your new home love you, and may you and your family love your new home. So mote it be. :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

@georgia thanks hun, will check it out, i ADORE doing any kind of crafts. :blush::purple_heart:

13 Likes

@Jeannie1 ooooo thank you so much. Oh the possibilities, cedar, oak, sandlewood etc for the essential oils.
Need to learn how to make them too, they are so expensive. I ADORE crafts so this is right up my ally and like you said, recycling at its best. :blush::purple_heart:

12 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The Coven has really stirred up some wonderful entries this week! :cauldron: :wink: Thank you so much to everyone who brought out their beautiful cauldrons, got crafting, or dipped in for some enlightening cauldron wisdom- it has been a pleasure reading about everyone’s cauldron work! :sparkles:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :witch_cauldron: :sparkles:

11 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The “Props and Presents” award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

Award Post for the Magickal Cauldron Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

11 Likes

I hope you don’t mind if I jump in on this- I love this chant too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Macbeth (where the witchy cauldron chant comes from) was originally a play by Shakespeare- so yes! You can read the book, although it’s a bit tedious to work through the old English. I recommend seeing it as a play!

Alternatively, the chant is so famous that it appears in other things. My personal favorite rendition of the song is the version they used in Harry Potter:

:witch_cauldron: :fire: :sparkles: :mage:

13 Likes

@BryWisteria that’s awesome thankyou!!! Love Harry Potter lol tThanks for letting me know

12 Likes

Thank you. :black_heart: I really appreciate that and I will remember to do this with the boxes.

12 Likes

I forgot to leave the source of the chant for lifting boxes. Sorry about that. I was half asleep and already meditative on your spell. It was in the movie The Craft

Hmm. Turns out it’s a party game, too! Based on physics? Always cool.

12 Likes

Ohh, I remember that movie. I watched it for the first time this year. :smile: :black_heart:

10 Likes

@georgia :laughing: I can remember having sleepovers doing this with friends :orange_heart:

@starborn there’s a sequel :thinking: I think it’s The Craft: Legacy I know that David Duchovny is in it, at the moment I can’t remember anyone else though…

11 Likes

Even though I missed this challenge, it inspired me to finally put in an order for a cauldron… I chose this pretty one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cauldron:

(source)

15 Likes

Oh that’s such great addition & so just You :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love :heart: the cover for it too!

Which reminds me I need to get a replacement screen for 1 of mine :laughing:

12 Likes

Awww, thank you, I’m excited to try it out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The shop had a sale for charcoal discs too so I grabbed a pack, so it’s going to be me and my favorite elements when the package gets here :smiling_face: :fire: :ocean:

11 Likes

Ooo… I need to make some more fresh incense :incense: soon & get a new screen. I have some discs… somewhere :laughing:

11 Likes

The cauldron is going to open a door for me to loose incense, until now I’ve only used stick ones, that’s going to be lovely too, I can mix my own :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :witch_cauldron:

11 Likes

Oh loose incense (for me) smells so much better & when I can use different recipes, I can make them for specific things. Each of my deities has their own jar :jar: & then I make up others for specific reasons too.

Rope incense is amazing as well :heart_eyes: it smells so good too!

12 Likes