šŸ› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - All About Altars!

here is but one corner of my set up (this round table will eventually be my tarot reading table but for now itā€™s just a space that holds more stuff)
Iā€™m in the midst of creating my perfect witch cave!

11 Likes

I will be setting up a pink moon display also today!

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry youā€™ve been hit with depression and anxiety @Jewitch. Thatā€™s always a pain that difficult to move through. At least you know what you want to do now. Iā€™ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lovely altar spaces @Cellophaneflowr! Glad you popped up to share!

@AliceInWonderdab I love your little table! Especially the owl. Very nice!

6 Likes

I have quite the owl collection!

3 Likes

@Jewitch Im sorry to hear you havenā€™t been feeling good this week :heartpulse: I lose all productivity when my anxiety peaks as well and it can make us feel guilty but its ok not to get stuff done sometimes until we centre and find ourselves again :heartpulse: And planning is the key when it comes to getting a task done so I would say you have achieved the challenge by putting all these amazing thoughts and ideas down when you felt that way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Cellophaneflowr @AliceInWonderdab your Altars are stunning :heart_eyes: I love seeing a little bit of each personā€™s uniqueness in each one :heartpulse:

4 Likes

To try and gather my thoughts about my progress this week Iā€™ve created a separate thread:

6 Likes

You are not alone @Jewitch I am experiencing the same issue, so I can definitely relate. I have a portable altar since I am always on the go. I however ordered a altar cloth online so I could get my new altar done for season but would not be receiving it on time to set up before this challenge is closedšŸ˜‘ however I am ok differently.

I most say all the altars are so beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: and I am still happy to be able to give some sort of up date about this challenge.I however came up with a sort prayer to help me in receiving my altar cloth and witchy things safely until I am ready to decorate.

My Altar Prayer

May the things that I seek find me
In perfect love and timing,
May the witchy things am about to do
Be blessed, pure and true.

May my altar serve the purpose
In perfect love and light,
May my witchy things be delivered safe
Whether day or night.

Created by; NšŸ•ÆckWšŸ•Æck

7 Likes

This is very nice @AliceInWonderdab :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hello, all! I had a challenge this summer. Water pipes in my apartment burst and it took so long to fix the damage, my landlord put me in a hotel for 2 months! I usually make a circle on my patio with 7 day candles and full-size tools. But I was limited by space in the hotel room, as well as the rule that I couldnā€™t light candles. Thatā€™s when I came up with my school box altar kit.

I have it set up here for the Pink Moon spells. All the ā€œlittlesā€ fit in the blue school box. The box has a little bit of glitter in it and was only a dollar. I love glitter :slight_smile: Making the wand and the cauldron was the most challenging. I learned how to make the wand on YouTube with a paper drinking straw and hot glue. It does have a ā€œrealā€ crystal on it, though. Do you see the tiny besom and black cat? :slight_smile: I ordered a bunch of cat figures and panted them black. Same with the little tiny bell. I guess you can tell my ā€œathameā€ is a plastic take-out knife but hey, I blinged it out a little! The chalice, water holder, salt holder and offering dish is plastic. Much of this came from a dollar store and I painted it with craft paint pens (the oil based ones adhere to plastic).

The box has some herbs in it, too, in tiny little plastic bags, like bay leaf and rosemary. I even made a tiny BOS (the ā€œSpelling Bookā€). There is a silver moon goddess stone and a gold sun god stone (rocks I painted), some crystals (well, those are real, at least!).

Today, the offering is cherry hibiscus tea and a strawberry; the big pink candle on the floor is in a circle of sugar, dried rose petals and mint, along with some rose quartz. My big BOS is a binder where I keep my journal notes and all the wonderful Spells8 spells.

I know the spell box is really plastic-y but it has been so handy for travel or quick spells and it was fun to make!

10 Likes

Hello my dear Coven, i probably will be revamping my Altar for Beltane. My Altar looks very minimal because i have all my tools, crystals and rocks outside on my porch soaking up the Beautiful :full_moon_with_face:. I dried some rose-petals and will use them for some Magick, down the road. Trying to save dried flowers.

My Altar has been my solace, my place of prayers, blessings, spells, inovacations and gratitude. It has grown with me as i learned my Wiccan path. Thank you to everyone in this Beautiful Coven. Thank you Lord and Lady, my dieties and ancestors. May you be with me always, as i travel down this spiritual journey. I have never felt more at home in my spirituality.

Blessed be my Coven

10 Likes

Thank you all so much, Lisa, Amethyst, and Francisco!
Thank you Travel Witch for this challenge!

Walter, thank you for your honesty, I am thinking about what is Most important to me as well, and what speaks to me internally. This is right on target that tells me you did your homework! This is what I discovered this week too. I grabbed all my important crystals and also used the jewelry box to implement some archetypal significance to my display! I had to go back to the major acana! I cat believe they still make an impact in my life to this day the way they do! I love the tarot! I just do! I Love the abalone shells what a great idea! You always do such a great job! Thanks for all your inspiration!
I just want to say thank you for posting your intuitive side! Thatā€™s why I love tarot!

Cellophane,
Looks so deep into the psyche mind my third eye is open!

Aliceinthewonderdab,
I love the alter cloth and the purple is popping! :hugs:

Thanks to my whole community here and sharing you all have so many talents! I am so proud to be apart of a thriving coven! You all are so charming in so may ways!
Blessed beā€‹:sparkles::sparkles:
Jeannie

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 , such a beautiful Altar! I love all the candles and your artwork. It definitely looks like your special place!

Blessed be.

4 Likes

@Jeannie1 , thank you! I get much inspiration from you as well!

5 Likes

Thank you so much, @Liisa! :heart: Itā€™s actually a decorative handtowel my mother gave me- I thought it would be perfect for a spring/summertime altar cloth :blush:

Youā€™re very welcome, @Christina4! :heart_decoration: Thanks for your kind words- hope you had a very blessed Full Moon as well!

Thank you, @Amethyst! :purple_heart: Itā€™s fun setting up the altar, but I have a sneaky feeling weā€™ll be borrowing the dishes from it this week when we run out of bowls and donā€™t feel like doing the dishes :joy:

So sorry to hear youā€™ve been suffering this week, @Jewitch :pray:. I think you are very strong to pursue a positive mindset, seeing the needed time you spent recovering as a period of introspection and brainstorming. Sending love and support to you- I hope happy feelings find their way to you soon! And when they do, you have some wonderful and very creative plans for your personal altar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am loving your sacred corner, @Cellophaneflowr! Such a stunning space- so many fun things to see! I love the all hanging you have behind it, it really sets a magickal mood :sparkles::blush: Thanks for sharing- we are happy to have you as part of the coven community! :heart:

Gorgeous, @AliceInWonderdab! :raised_hands: Thanks for sharing your lovely altar- wishing you the best of luck as you continue to set up the perfect witchy cave! :grin:

Beautiful, @NickWick! Your words have crafted a lovely altar prayer- I really enjoy reading your writing :heart: :open_book: Thank you so much for blessing the coven with your words!

So lovely, @mary25! :cherry_blossom: Gosh that cloth is gorgeous- it looks so fuzzy and nice! And the perfect color to celebrate the Pink Moon :full_moon_with_face: Really great job- thanks so much for sharing!

I can tell your altar truly means a lot to you, @walter- it has grown and flourished as you have grown in power on your magickal journey! :two_hearts: Thank you for sharing your lovely sacred place. Many blessings back to you! :blush:

You are very welcome, @Jeannie1! :hearts: It sounds like a week of many discoveries and exciting finds for you. Well done with your studies and treasures! :star_struck: Thanks to you as well for always spreading creativity and love :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to the worshipping witches and their lovely sacred spaces! Thank you all for sharing your altar thoughts, plans, and pictures this week- such a delight to see! :place_of_worship:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles::pray:

4 Likes

Ohh I can imagine how beautiful this looks with glitter, I am a glitter fan myself. You did a great job, loving your altar.

6 Likes

Really nice @walter I love the seashells that your tea light candles sit on. It gives it a pop!!

6 Likes

@walter I love the shells & your setup is very soothing. We do have similar tastes! It looks great! :infinite_roots:

5 Likes

@Amethyst @Liisa @IrisW Thank you for your kind words of support :heart: :heart: :heart: Iā€™m feeling much better today :slight_smile: Sending love and light back yā€™allsā€™ way! :sparkles::heart:

7 Likes

A lovely poem as always @NickWick! You have such a gift with words.

Itā€™s cute @mary25! Very cute, and lovely with that pink altar cloth. So very creative!

It looks good @walter! Very nice! I love how you put tea lights in your seashells. Very creative!

Iā€™m glad youā€™re feeling better @Jewitch. Depression is no joke, itā€™s real and not something you can just smile and get over like so many people have told me. Iā€™ll be praying for you to have brighter days ahead!

8 Likes