šŸŖ¦ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Ancestor Work

I couldnā€™t help but chuckle when I read your comment about all things Scottish. LOL. I come from a long line of Scottish Witches, passed to me by my Father. This past Summer, my sister and I took our first trip to Scotland to explore and find places our Ancestors had treadā€¦ we had no idea before we arrived that the cottage we were staying in stood on what was once our Families Clan Lands.
I have worked with my Scottish Ancestors and call on them for protection as some had fought in some serious battles. The one Ancestor I would like to work with: I have yet to try to reach. I think it has mostly been just hesitation on my part. But I can say this, my connection with them has been so much stronger since we went to Scotland and came back. There have been several things that have been kind of surreal.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s great Soifra Strega thanks for your support I always appreciate your help!! Thank you :blush:
I wanted to share my ritual I did tonight for my my cousin son who passed.

First, I did a meditation. It was on Insight Timer, and it was for the full moon.
Second,
Opened a circle and called out to my Goddess Hekate Queen of Witches with many names, Demeter, Persephone, Salene, Artemis, lady Brigid
I had my intention my intention is to bring justice to my family and with the power of this moon so mote it be!
Offering a key :key: to the divine
A egg :egg: enchanted to be new and used thyme , rosemary, lavender, yarrow,
Third wrote a letter!
Forth I wrapped different colored candles dressed in oil for Ostara ritual oil! And so my spell will be more potent!
I did a chant and casted my spell!
Orange - Sun light
Ra Sun God
White Candle -Purity
Blue- Healing
Pink- Love
Purple- Wisdom
Green- Ground us
Black- Dispels negative forces
My crystals along with my salt :salt:
Malichite
Amethyst
Clear Quartz
Rose Quartz
Tigers Eye
Avertrine
Black Obsidian
Thank you for this challenge I pray :palms_up_together: that my family will get the healing they deserve! I pray he is in summer land!
Jeannie

13 Likes

Solasta Amore,
Your alter turned out so beautiful! You enchanted your salt too!
Jeannie

9 Likes

Thank you dear love :kissing_heart:ā€¦your entry just touched my heart soo deeply! :face_holding_back_tears: Yes! I made that pentacle with terracotta clay! :blush: :smiling_face: I am soo happy you like it my dear! :hugs: :people_hugging: :hearts:

9 Likes

Yessā€¦I guess the little sea salt crystals really did feel magical! :wink: :dizzy: Thank youu hun!! :kissing_closed_eyes: :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you my sweet! :face_holding_back_tears: :kissing_heart: :hugs: Yes, now I am feeling a lot better because I am determined to walk away from the darker side of being an empath! :black_heart: :sparkles: I have downloaded the Insight Timer app too that, once @Susurrus suggested in a conversation for people with anxiety and stress issues. I am glad I came across it Siofra! :kissing_heart: Thank you for suggesting it as it really REALLY is a wonderful app! It has all sorts of guided meditations, calming music, breathwork guide and soo much more! :heart_eyes: And thank YOU Aurora, for being so caring and sweet! Love youā€¦take care and be forever blessed!!
:hugs: :people_hugging: :sparkles:

9 Likes

God, @Jeannie1!! I am absolutely in awe of your entry!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Your knowledge always makes me feel so inspired! And your altar is justā€¦gorgeous!! I can tell your family is blessed to have such a caring person among them! :innocent: :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Wow, @Shine your ancestor altar :headstone: is very bright, warm and elemental! :wink: Your Granny and your father are lucky to have you by their side, sweetheart! Blessed beā€¦:sparkles:

9 Likes

Oh my goodness, @Artemisia! :heart_eyes: :heart: I guess, I am literally feeling happy that you went with the crafting for ancestors by Megan, as I too had picked this one but unfortunately, I didnā€™t have enough time and energyā€¦:roll_eyes: anyways, I LOOVE your little ancestor jar!! And oooh, I adore the black ribbon! :black_heart: :wink: I mean wow! All this is just sooo beautiful!! And I think by no means your altar looks simple! :joy: :heart_eyes: Instead, for my eyes, it looks magically classy! :wink: :relieved: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to everyone who explored ancestor and spirit work this week! There is such a heartfelt range of emotions in the entries- from sadness to excitement, gratitude to longing, loss, happiness, and everything in between. It was a difficult theme for many reasons, but you all rose to the challenge all the same- thank you so much to everyone who shared an entry this week! :raised_hands: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :headstone::sparkles:

10 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Ancestor Work Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

9 Likes

@Jeannie1 you are very welcome & thatā€™s a beautiful setup for your son. :people_hugging: Whenever you are ready, just send me a message & I will do what I can to get you started on your genealogy journey! Having your DNA will help with that also! It will come up with matches for you that you will be able to add to your tree! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Artemisa,
Your Jar :jar: turned out really nice and the wooden Quail your grandpa did a wonderful job. I like how you use your botanicals and your crystals on top of your letter to your grandparents.
Jeannie

8 Likes

I think thatā€™s beautiful! Whatā€™s strange to me about Princess Diana is that I was only 6 when she died, so I really had no idea who she was besides that she was a Princess :sweat_smile: It definitely feels like we just know people sometimes, youā€™re right!

9 Likes

Such inspiration Amethyst your writing is really great! I am learning more and more about writing just reading your post!
Jeannie

10 Likes

Thank you, my dear! I just spoke from the heart on this one.

8 Likes

Thank you so much :heart: :two_hearts: :smiling_face:

7 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit the Activities Category to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)