šŸ«‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - As Above, So Below

My bond to the earth is most important to me but my bond with Jacob (my husband) is also very important.

I am extremely sensitive to the emotions of others; especially anger, and sadness; but I feel their happiness, and other emotions as well.

Other than the relationship to those in my house; I have a hard time seeing any that are important to my practice but there definitely at least a few that have that helped shape my practice.

I think my deepest connections would be to water; although I feel strongly connected to wind and earth as well.

Alot of my practice is centered around healing myself mentally and physically, as well as helping the planet.

I was going to do a lot more for this challenge but my husbandā€™s grandpa died Friday morning and life has been very hectic since.

11 Likes

Thank you Garnet. Alice in Wonderland thatā€™s a great metaphor. I like what you say about the Greek temple, holding all knowledge . It might be a real place, where we have been, in another time, or a place in another dimension where we can be and meet and share knowledge. I like to meet you thereā€‹:wink::kissing_heart:

11 Likes

This is wonderful, the word earth angel came to my mind. I believe they are real, and itā€™s a magical experience as you describe it!

11 Likes

My practice is now almost exclusively linked with Astrology :dizzy: and the Moonā€™s placement, so ā€œas above, so belowā€ has quite a literal meaning for me.

Itā€™s my daughterā€™s 8th birthday today and she said this morning she wants to learn more about moon magick so, Iā€™ve decided tonight weā€™re going to do our version of a witches ladder :ladder: and tie one knot every night for 9 nights, culminating on the Full Moon :full_moon: 14th June - the idea being the spell benefits from the strength of the growing moon and is more meaningful to her as weā€™re starting on her birthday. :tada:

The only difference from the traditional witches ladder is that we tie the knots one after the other on the yarn and decorate the ladder with beads so the result is like a witches ladder come Pagan prayer bead chain :joy:

"By knot of one, the spells begun,
By knot of two, it cometh true,
By knot of three, thus it shall be,
By knot of four, tis strengthened more,
By knot of five, so may it thrive,
By knot of six, the spell is fixed,
By knot of seven, the stars of heaven,
By knot of eight, the hand of fate,
By knot of nine, the thing be mine."

Love & Light :heart: :candle: :stonehenge:

11 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€- a phrase with only four words, and yet it calls forth such a wonderful diversity of interpretations and applications throughout the coven! Thank you so much to everyone who has shared their thoughts and entry so far- if you want to join but havenā€™t done so around, there is still time! :star2::mantelpiece_clock:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: June 7th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :people_hugging: :sparkles:

9 Likes

I really like to take the time and read through everyoneā€™s entries so apologies if this reply gets really long! Iā€™ve already shared my entry as its own post and you can click here (What's in the Middle? - As Above, So Below Entry) to read it if you want :blush:

Your post is so beautiful :heart_eyes: thank you so much for sharing those pictures, too. It seems like the lioness is really attracted to you for one reason or another and I love that!

Interesting! Iā€™ve never seen those cards before. Just from the image you shared they look really pretty. Iā€™m really glad that your practice and path gives you hope and that youā€™ve found where you need to be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I know you can do it, too! And itā€™s okay if it waxes and wanes like the moon. Life moves in stages and phases. Itā€™s only natural that our practices would do the same thing.

I canā€™t wait to watch these, thank you!

It is absolutely okay! I have my own feelings about ā€œbeing calledā€ by a deity that donā€™t really fit in with this challenge but it is absolutely okay to just pick a deity that you want to work with or worship and go from there. I know thatā€™s not everything in your post but I wanted to be sure to point that out :sweat_smile: Iā€™m happy to hear that youā€™re enjoying yourself on your path, though! Building connections, learning about our practices (and ourselves) is a lifelong journey :pray: :sparkles:

It definitely is, Garnet! I love how philosophical your answers were to the questions :revolving_hearts: Youā€™re right, I think. Weā€™re all connected in one way or another. It could even be tied back to something like the six degrees of separation! Thanks for sharing your wonderful poem, too :pray:

Thank you for the recommendation!

I was just thinking about this the other day! We are a microcosm of people in a macrocosm of planets. We are a microcosm of planets in a macrocosm of universe(s). We are a macrocosm of people in a microcosm of our environment. ā€“ Everyone can be both big and little at the same time :thinking: if I think about it too hard my head might explode :exploding_head: :joy:

Nice to meet you, Clair :laughing:

I very much enjoyed reading your answers to the questions :blush: I like how you connected this back to your work with Artemis, too! :bow_and_arrow:

I feel this deeply for myself, too. The relationships I have forged with spirits and humans alike have been beyond amazing. Iā€™m happy to see that you took some time for yourself and focused on your own self-love :heart: thatā€™s a difficult thing for me to do personally but I love to see it in others!

Yes :clap: They :clap: Are :clap: ā€“ and honestly, itā€™s so weird to think about, too :laughing: we write these little symbols down and suddenly anyone that speaks the language or knows the symbols too automatically knows what weā€™re talking about!

Welcome to the community Crystal! I was very happy to read your answers to the questions for this challenge. Youā€™re not alone in focusing on your mental health, either. Iā€™m happy youā€™re here :blush:

Reading about your experience in the cemetery warms my heart. I agree with you that gravestones shouldnā€™t be covered and our dead should be respected :pray: :heart: Thank you for sharing this with us here, Ostara. I truly appreciate it.

Always the inquisitive mind! I absolutely love it! :heart: I think the dragons appreciate that, too :dragon_face:

Iā€™ve never read The Secret but I have heard itā€™s a very popular book in the Law of Attraction community. Iā€™d be interested in hearing more about your experience with the book if you ever feel like sharing :blush:

I couldnā€™t have said it better myself!

I love this sentiment :heart: Thank you for sharing it all with us! And the gorgeous pictures, too :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m glad heā€™s doing better now! That must have been stressful :people_hugging: I like that you brought this all back to fractals and geometry! Sacred Geometry isnā€™t really something I know a lot about but itā€™s interesting nonetheless!

I think you described it perfectly well! Iā€™ve always felt weird about ā€œhaving a callingā€ or a purpose in life. I donā€™t always feel like I have one :woman_shrugging: but if I live my life in such a way that Iā€™m a good person, I do good when I can, and I help whomever I can? Thatā€™s good enough for me :blush:

Oh Torista :people_hugging: :heart: Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. Please take all the time you need! I think your challenge entry is perfect just the way it is :sparkles:

Happy birthday to your daughter! :partying_face: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love your adaptation of the witchesā€™ ladder. I think itā€™s perfect!

13 Likes

My Challenge Entry
This challenge definitley brought me back to my interest in death witchcraft and the duality between life and death. Instead of doing a spell or a ritual, I took aome time to quietly contemplate those two concepts. We see life as this amazing blessing whilst death something to be feared. We see one as good and the other as bad. With death comes endings, with life comes opportunities. Most people donā€™t switch them around and try and look at them in different lighting. If weā€™re looking at death from a positive perspective, it can mean the death of a horrible law,policy or government. It can mean the end of something that is causing you turmoil. If you look at life in a negative light, it can mean the creation of a harmful substance,person,animal or plant, It can mean the start of an oppresive government. Life can sometimes be hard to deal with. Both of these concepts have their positives and negatives,ups and downs, but itā€™s important to recognise all of their associations.
As above, so below my fellow witches and blessed be.

9 Likes

This is a fascinating challenge and Iā€™d love to have more time for it, as itā€™s also a huge one! :grin:

Connectedness is something that Iā€™ve been exploring a lot this year. Iā€™ve had some really beautiful soul connections with people, and they feel so good :relaxed: Unfortunately the other side of the connection tends to be that it feels like I lose a part of myself when weā€™re separated :broken_heart: But are we really ever truly separated? I like to believe that we are not, that we are all pieces of a one big, beautiful celestial mirror that reflects the infinite :mirror:

Definitely love in all its forms :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And interpersonal bonds of any kind interest me.

I definitely am. Iā€™ve realized I donā€™t really want to shield myself from it, not even the ā€œnegativeā€ emotions. What arises in me as a reaction is where I want my attention to be, it can be very illuminating. The more ā€œpositiveā€ higher vibrational emotions of others - love, joy, excitementā€¦ those I thrive on :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Definitely! This coven, circles, tantra nightsā€¦ I just donā€™t know how I could have all the same experiences and feelings of connection on my own. Meditation maybe, and connecting with deities, but still, very different.

I feel connected to it all. I can elaborate on this in another post with less time pressure :smile_cat:

It is, forms of it change but it still remains at the core. Hereā€™s where the theme of the challenge really comes forward I think. When I heal myself the effects of it radiate outwards. And when I heal someone else it also reflects back. :heartpulse:

11 Likes

Itā€™s amazing! Especially when you see the Russian alphabet or Sanskrit. It looks so odd, and then I realize that our alphabet must look just as weird to them! Glad you liked my musing!

6 Likes

Challenge Entry As Above, So Below

I think I am an empath. I feel others pain and more so if I touch them. I have a heightened sense of smell so I might have a clair. I can think about White Sage and I can smell it. I really love the scent of it burning. I havenā€™t tried to smell other things thats not really there.

My amber glass spray bottles arrived so I decided it was time to make the Empath Shielding Spray and Smokeless Smudging Spray. They turned out great! and smell very good too. On the Empath spray I added 10 drops of Chamomile essential oil to make it more calming and because I just got it in the mail. I am going to make the sunburn relief spray next.
I put my Goddess spray in a spray bottle too and I sprayed it all over the house over the weekend and on myself.
I thought about all my connections throughout the week. I agree we are connected to everything in the :infinity: universe @MeganB and @Garnet. I loved your entries :heart:
:butterfly:

8 Likes

My Weekly Witchy Challenge - As Above, So Below Entry
by The Other Marsha

Today is the 6:6:6 Portal allowing us to open up to more love and a higher state of consciousness. ~ On The Energiesā€¦

As Above, As Below Deviant Art by Kaiser_Mony

While Mercury was retrograde, I kept drawing the same cards from The Way of Brighid Oracle by Tonja Reichley at WildIrishRoots, Etsy!

I kept thinking that there must be a message hereā€¦ What is it? Why am I not seeing it? As soon as Mercury went direct, it became clearer.

I am in a Liminal Space here on earth, as we all are, which represents Liminality - For Between Times. I also have a much better understanding of the Liminal Space!

Tuatha de Danaan - For the Ancestors which represents the above and the below. They (we) are one with the ancestors and the fairies. Ancestors and Fairies are my roots, my inheritance, and also my guides who are guiding me. They are always with me.

Prayer For Quieting the Mind which allows me to communicate with the Divine in prayer as I follow my roots allowing stillness and peace into my life.

Then I drew Maiden of Spring which means You are giving birth to a dream. I have a new way of looking at my space in the grand scheme of things.

I feel so much calmer and peaceful, a challenging week has turned into a new outlook.

With much love and magick alwaysā€¦

8 Likes

Hello witches
For this challenge I incorporated purple for royalty and sovereignty!As a whole we can all connect to our inner wisdom and intuitive spark of the divine !
I used purple because my intention is to use my higher self to heal myself and others! I am using ā€œAs above so belowā€ to manifest my spark, and use my Bracelet is a tailsman and amulet to heal and use my highest wisdom ! I used a candle :candle: that is symbolic and I hope it brings us closer together! I lite this candle and wear this Bracelet to keep us close together even when youā€™re not there I will always be thinking of you.!
89B0F143-CA4D-444C-A755-37976BDA85FE|375x500
As above so below!

Blockquote

• :chains: What bonds are most important to you and your magickal practice?
  • :broken_heart: Are you an Empath- one who feels the needs and emotions of others?
  • :two_women_holding_hands: Is a community or other relationships important in your Craft?
  • :fire: Do you feel a connection with a deity, element, zodiac sign, etc?
  • :mending_heart: Is healing (yourself, others, the planet, etc) a key part of your practice?

Most Importantly my bonds that are important to me is my relationship to Diety writing in my journal to get to know myself on a deep level! Working out the emotions and challenges!
I read myths and stories to find my own inner hero! Practing for me is more challenging cause of my attention span. But just learning about medusa and how she had many snakes :snake: on her head and that was her power her kundalini! I like learning correspondences to incorporate with my magick its really important to me to know by heart correspondences & mythology because it helps me connect to the deeper world and plant medicine. Anything that will give me a hence of creativity and help me heal!
Honestly lately I donā€™t feel so connected because I canā€™t use my statues and practice witchcraft cause I donā€™t have my own place yet! I can always connect to earth and the elements.
Honestly with out my coven I would feel lost not having anyone to connect with. I feel I can manifest want I need with digging in deeper into my psyche!
Jeannie

9 Likes

I saw your topic :blush: Indeed it is the same, magical isnā€™t? :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Iā€™m still reading my way through the entries, but everything Iā€™ve read so far has been absolutely enlightening :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to focus on ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€ and explore interconnectivity in their magick! :sparkles:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :people_hugging: :sparkles:

9 Likes

It is a beautiful cemetery. Beside the locked drive through gate there is a gate you can walk through to your right. It is really nice and peaceful out there.

8 Likes

This is absolutely true :pray: :sparkles: Thank you for sharing your entry. Death isnā€™t necessarily a big part of my focus but I do know a few people for whom death is a major part of their practice. :heart:

Yes! So much so! :heart: :sparkles: :revolving_hearts:

Iā€™ve thought about this before with spoken language. I understand English but Iā€™ve always wondered what it sounds like to someone that doesnā€™t understand English :laughing:

Oh I definitely need to make this for myself, too. Thanks for sharing your entry! I hope your sprays have turned out well :sparkles:

I love the picture you chose to share. I know nothing about portals and they donā€™t really play a part in my practice but I appreciate the link you shared. :blush: The mention of liminality is funny too just because of everything that happened last week :laughing: but Iā€™m glad to see that it wasnā€™t a card you pulled!

Aww Jeannie, youā€™re such a large part of our coven heart :heart: and I appreciate you so much!

7 Likes

That would be interesting to hear!

6 Likes

I know it can be frustrating when the things we try donā€™t feel quite right- congrats to you for continuing to explore until you found what clicks for you, Carrie! :clap: :blush:

With your love of animals and passion for justice work, I think you walk a very wonderful magickal path. I wish you all the best as you explore working with Archangel Michael- keep on exploring and never stop learning, Carrie! Youā€™re doing amazing! :star2:

It was indeed a deep one- but you were able to dive down and resurface with some really wonderful answers to the questions! Thank you for taking the time to explore them and share your thoughts around each point. It is always an honor to hear your thoughts and learn from your experiences, Garnet! :heart:

As for your healing talents, donā€™t sell yourself short my friend! You have such a wonderful, generous heart and are a real blessing here :blush:

It sounds like you had a natural talent for energy work as a child, and were able to nurture your awareness of the interconnectivity of the world around you- that is so amazing, Martje! :star_struck: And your vision with the Citrine and the temple is really wonderful too- what a beautiful vision to experience :blush:

Thank you so much for sharing these powerful experiences- may your work with energy, light, and connection continue to bring you joy and wonder! :heart:

One, two, three clair powers- you could definitely change (or add!) to your name, Christina- those are some amazing talents! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I can imagine it is stressful to know about future things that are negative :cry: But for every time youā€™re able to change a negative possibility into something positive, that is a real miracle and some very wonderful magick :heart::blush:

May your talents continue to grow and flourish!

Thank you for taking the time to explore the prompt questions- it sounds like they lead you towards something very interesting! I am so excited to hear you decide to connect with the lovely and powerful Artemis :bow_and_arrow: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have no doubt there will be challenges ahead, but the rewards of the ā€œhuntā€ are sure to be wonderful for you. May She watch over and guide you as you move forward! :blush:

Lovely work with the prompt questions- thank you for taking the time to explore them, Angela! :two_hearts: And I think your decision to do a self love meditation is a really great way to approach the challenge. While we are blessed with many bonds and connections, nurturing the inner connections (body, mind, emotions, spirit, etc) is really important- beautiful work! :person_in_lotus_position:

May Freya smile upon you and help you to nurture and treasure the love you grow within yourself- thanks for joining in the challenge!

Thank you again for your lovely entry in the other thread, Siofra! :two_hearts:

Oh you most certainly did- goodness, Amethyst! You always write wonderfully, but this piece here really stole my breath away. This could be the opening to a novel or the start of a film. On its own it could stand in a museum!

Words do indeed have power, and you, my friend, are a master at channeling them :clap::clap::clap: Bravo to this! :heart:

Welcome, Crystal! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for sharing your challenge entry and for exploring the theme- it sounds like you have nurtured some truly powerful connections in your life and your practice.

And thank you so much for sharing the love- I am so glad to hear that Spells8 and the community here have been helpful to you and your practice! It is an honor to have you here :heart:

May Bast continue to watch over you and keep you safe! :sunflower: :black_cat:

Thank you again for letting me count this piece as your challenge entry, Ostara- I strongly felt that it resonated with the energy of what ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€ means to you :blush: Plus, I really enjoyed reading it! :heart: Although I do wish that everyone visiting the cementary was as mindful and caring as you were- it sounds like that cementary, although no doubt a very interesting place to visit, was lacking love and care :headstone:

I love how you worded this, Kasandra- it flows like poetry :scroll: :two_hearts: And cheers to what you said about knowledge. It is indeed a very powerful thing- a great blessing or an awful curse. False knowledge or just a small piece of knowledge are perhaps the most dangerous things of all.

Nicely explored! And allow me to add in my thanks to Veaug for helping you with your deep thinking and exploration this week :pray::heart:

There it is! :star_struck: Wow, what a perfect coincidence (or is it just a coincidence? :wink:) to be gifted with a book that opens with the phrase the very week of the challenge! I have some mixed opinions about the Law (or Guideline) of Attraction, but I can certainly see how ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€ fits in with the ideals and messages of the LoA. And that is so kind of your sister-in-law to think of you with the book- it sounds like you are learning a lot and enjoying it! :open_book: :two_hearts:

Very cool indeed- may you continue to enjoy your studies!

I never connected the two before, but you are so right! The ā€œGolden Ruleā€ fits in very well with ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€. And it sounds like you have taken this very important message to heart- I really enjoyed reading all the ways you incorporate gratitude, love, and mindfulness into your day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What a blessed way to live!

Really wonderful exploration- thank you so much for sharing!

Reading your words I can clearly feel just how important nature is to you and how strong and wonderful a bond you have with Mother Nature :earth_americas: :heart: She has naturued and healed you in so many wonderful ways- it is truly a very blessed bond you share!

I love the pictures too- hello little snail! :snail: So much vibrant greenery and lovely flowers too- a delight to see! Thank you so much for sharing, Mistella!

You are always welcome here, Janis- thanks for joining the challengers this week! :partying_face: :heart:

I have to admit that when I hear ā€œbacteriaā€ I donā€™t think of good things- but your entry has helped me to look closer. Those are some lovely patterns, and how interesting to consider the stress-reducing abilities of fractal patterns in nature. Itā€™s "awe"some indeed! :grinning:

Glad to hear your husband is doing much better and that you are both back home safe! Wishing him a continued speedy recovery :pray::blush:

Not all angels are in haven, not all angel have wings- I think it is a very beautiful and very real thing that you are the saving grace and guardian angel for those in need, Mary :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It sounds to me like you get your power and find your purpose through helping and healing others. What a beautiful heart and soul you have! :heart:

I honestly felt emotional reading your entry- I can tell that every words, perhaps especially the things that are difficult to capture in words, came right from your heart. Really beautifully written- thank you so much sharing!

I am so sorry to hear about the loss- sending warm thoughts and prayer to your husband and the family, Torista :pray::candle:

This is a lovely entry to the challenge as it is- thank you very much for exploring the promps and delving into what ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€ means for you and your practice. You have many wonderful bonds and connections that are dear to you! :blush: I am also exploring my calling to water energy lately- it is a lovely (although sometimes brutal) element to work with :ocean: :two_hearts:

What a great activity to do together as mother and daughter! May the full moon shine bright and bless the complete ladder next week :ladder: :full_moon_with_face:

And wishing a very happy (belated) birthday to your daughter! I hope you both had a wonderful time celebrating :sparkles: Thanks for joining in the challenge!

I think society spends a lot of time celebrating life, but thinking about death- the ā€œother sideā€ of the coin- seems to be reserved almost exclusively to moments of loss and mourning. It is really powerful thing to take the time to meditation on them both and see them as they are- both on their own and in tangent, connected :handshake:

Beautiful reflection and meditation, Jem- thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! :heart:

You are not kidding, my friend, this is a massive topic to dig into- thereā€™s way more to explore and unpack with magickal interconnectivity than what could be done in just a week! :grinning: My hope is that the challenge planted a seed or helped nourish what was already growing- although the challenge has ended, may those thoughts continue to grow and thrive in your practice! :sparkling_heart:

Thank you so much for answering the questions and taking the time to explore the theme- when you have the time to pursue it further, I look forward to reading more about your thoughts and experiences with connection! :blush:

Congrats on your shielding spray and smudging spray, Sarall- it sounds like they turned out amazing (and smell wonderful too!) :heart:

Thanks for thinking on the challenge throughout the week- it is definitely one of those topics that can bubble away on the backburner for a long time, to revisit every now and then as it develops. Great work here and I hope you enjoy your lovely sprays! :blush:

Iā€™m a big fan of liminality- I am loving your thought process here, Marsha! Earth has many liminal spaces, and what a fascinating idea that earth itself is a liminal space. Or perhaps even life itself is a state of liminality in some sensesā€¦ ohhh, I feel like Iā€™m letting myself into Pandoraā€™s Box here :laughing:

There is a lot of benefit in looking at space in new ways- great work here, Marsha! Thank you so much for sharing your entry and your wisdom :heart:

Awesome work with your inner wisdom and kindling your intuitive spark, Jeannie- it sounds like some really wonderful spellwork! :purple_heart: Thank you for taking the time to explore the prompt questions and also for sharing your lovely entry :blish:

I know it is hard to feel connected when our things are packed and we donā€™t have a ā€œforever spaceā€- Iā€™m in the same position myself!- but on the flip side, this can help to turn our attention inwards. We may not have a forever room, but we have a forever inside- when we have no house, I like to think that our inner self becomes our home :house: :heart:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is live and badges have been sent to all those who shared an entry :trophy:

Thank you again to everyone for exploring the theme this week- it has been a delight to read everyoneā€™s responses! :heart:

May you continue to treasure the bonds you have forged and may your connections continue to grow, supporting you and inspiring you in both life and magick :sparkles:

Blessed be!

13 Likes

All of these entries are amazing! I enjoyed reading through them! I sat this week out because I was all in my head and needed a bit of space to reflect and get myself back together. Well done, everyone!

10 Likes

Stop it, youā€™re making me blush!

:blush:

Thanks, love!

8 Likes