➕ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Bind Runes

You Are On Fire GIFs | Tenor

15 Likes

@Ostara That’s your hubby, come to the rescue. Mine’ll just grab the kids n dog and run :rofl:

13 Likes

Your so funny!

12 Likes

I get the reminder to be cautious all the time as well. :laughing:

Last time, I was like, “Don’t worry – I know some witches who have had a bit too much fun with fire. I’m cautious every step of the way.” :laughing:

12 Likes

Me too! Lol!

12 Likes

Challenge Entry (I think)

My whole family (2 daughters, Son in law and 3 grandchildren) and I are getting ready to go on a week long road trip for Spring Break and I wanted to put together a travel protection spell jar to go in the glovebox.

I used @BryWisteria 's Safe Travels Spell Protection Pouch
as a guide for the bindrune. Elhaz for protection and Raidho for journey.

Jar contains:
Juniper - anti-theft
Rosemary - protection
Lavender - harmony
Mint - successful trip
Orange Peel - happiness
Sage (wildcrafted) - repel negative energy
Salt - family and promote positive energy
Tiger’s eye - protection on our journey
Black Obsidian - protection & grounding
The color blue - travel

My intent paper tied with a blue string is from Llewellyn’s Spell-A-Day Safe Travel Spell for Yourself or Loved Ones
By hoof, by wheel, by boat or plane,
Be safe in all travel and return again;
Healthy and whole, protected yet free,
As I do will, so shall it be.

I carved the bindrune into the top of the wax.

Get to pop it in the glovebox first thing in the morning, the whole trip has been planned by my eldest Daughter and Son in law and nobody knows where we are going or what we are doing except them, we’re all so excited.

18 Likes

Looks lovely either way

15 Likes

Beautiful work @suzanne7 . May you have safe and joyous travels!

16 Likes

@suzanne7 I love this. Have a great holiday :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

That’s a great idea and a beautiful entry. Safe travels and enjoy! I need to make me one for my car.

15 Likes

For my Challenge Entry, I thought I would deconstruct a couple of bind runes I have been using daily. They were created by Ankh Priest and combined with movement, color, and music, and they have been working for me.

In the first, the intention is to transform negative energy into positive. On one side, Raido is used four times in a spinning circle for movement. On the other side, Ehwaz, Dagaz, and Algiz are repeated in a spinning circle for movement, clarity, and defense.

Next is said to install an amulet against negativity. I am questioning this because it only seems to work for 24 hours. Ansuz for communication, Burkana for creativity, and Algiz for defense.

The music used is pleasant and meditative. I like the kaleidoscopic colors. Thus, I enjoy using these videos each night at bedtime. The next day seems good enough. I’m at a point that if I choose to listen to some other meditation instead or fall asleep without watching anything at all, I have a rough day the next day. Thus, I believe I am addicted to these videos. Maybe it means they are working at a deeper level. Eventually, I will ween myself off of them. Until then, I feel like I am in the Stargate episode wherein a light show delivered addictive drugs to the watchers.

12 Likes

Beautiful! I would have never thought to carve the ruin in the wax! Great idea! I would have put it on paper and put it in the jar. :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’m not as creative as you for sure. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

13 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience by the deadline:

Tuesday, Mar 12th at 7:00 AM ET (Eastern US Time)

So many beautiful bind runes! :star_struck: A big round of applause to all those who have shared their bind rune crafting, designs, ideas, and wisdom so far - it has been a delight seeing and hearing about how you combine and draw upon your chosen runes :sparkles:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have time left to do so.

Blessed Be! :heavy_plus_sign: :sparkles:

10 Likes

I stayed up last night trying to be artsy and creative right before I went to bed and then I totally forgot to post but luckily I’m time. I stayed up last night trying to be artsy and creative right before I went to bed and then I totally forgot to post but luckily I’m still on time. I am really enthused about using rooms for spells and for more amulets! this was a challenge!
Jeannie

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I figured out what to do at the last minute. Last night, as part of my new moon ritual, I burned some palo santo and drew the sigil for protection on my forearm with the ashes.

IMG_1798

I then asked the dragons for their protection from any and all negative energy during the new lunar cycle.

14 Likes

Challenge entry!

Years ago I made myself a set of runes from cherry wood, I’ve only recently started learning their meanings though. We used them in our handfasting last year for a runic blessing which hit super close to home. It inspired me to start working with them!

We have a huge life change coming up! We are moving 15 hrs north from where we are now. Its a big scary move to a new place ive never been :worried: needless to say I’m pretty nervous! So I decided to make a bind rune for protection during our move and my wishes for this move to be successful and the change my family so desperately needs.

This is what I came up with! I will be wood burning it onto a wood medallion for our car and one for our house.

12 Likes

“Challenge entry”
So I’ve been ,looking at getting back into daily magic and this challenge I thought I could come up with rune sets for each day and maybe even create a bind rune. I chose sets of 3 for each day. I had rent inspection and my lack of sleep yesterday then today been barely an,e to get out of bed meant not had chance to create bind runes esp as lost few days trying to work or study and prep for rent inspection. But here’s my rune sets

Monday : Anzuz, Thurisaz, Pertho

Tuesday : Teiwaz,Berkana, Uruz

Wednesday : Laguz, Ehwaz,Raido

Thursday:Fehu, Jera, Othila

Friday:Mannaz, Wunjo, Ingwaz

Saturday: Algriz, Eihwaz, hagalaz

Sunday : Sowilu, gebo, kenaz

Did anyone notice the names of runes seem to either end in ‘z’ or a vowel? I only just noticed that lol

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The bind rune challenge may be coming to a close, but what a wonderful exploration into the world of combining runes it has been! Thank you so much to all those who shared their bind runes, wisdom, and more with the coven this week. This challenge will remain visible and accessible for those studying bind runes in the future - I know all of the lovely entries here will continue to be helpful for many more witches to come! :pray: :blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :heavy_plus_sign: :sparkles:

7 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)