šŸŒŗ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Blooming with the Moon

So i know its not tge tradition way ppl do the moon cycle but i get confused so much when looking at oracle cards and rhe moon stage is in waning or waxing moon cause its opposite in South hemisphere. Id been wanting to do something like my own moon oracle cards showing the moon image in south hemispher instead of trying to have to translate the card to what it would be in south hemisphere. Ie if its a waning moon but it looks like our waxing moon in my head i have to change the image in my head so it majes sense oterwise im linking it to the wring moon stage. Kinda like how the seasons according to north hemisphere i have trouble wuth because it doesnt make sense in my head based on whar i see around meā€¦
Suffice it to say Iā€™ve yet to mabage the oracle cards yet but i thought in honor on full moon that id do some art magic based on moon cycle but also using energy of full moon. I looked up colour correspondances to use in painting and started with only the idea of moon cycles in my mind and maybe drawing on a lil bit of chaos magic in seeing how the image would play out. . Its not perfect n i think if id spent more than a few hours on it maybe could of dobe a better job, in back of mind i knew i had lots of stuff to do but wanted to intentionally take a break to honor tge full moon and do a spell to help with current circumstances. Im going to put the painting up as well as it would be nice to display some of my art in the place to inspire me to take more time out at times to do art not just wishing i could.

14 Likes

You did a beautiful job @Phoenix_Fire!

9 Likes

Okay, I finally figured out what Iā€™m doing for the Full Moon and for this challenge. Iā€™ll probably cast it Sunday since Iā€™ve got a doctorā€™s appointment on Monday, those always tire me out. I hope yā€™all like it!

Flower Healing Spell

This spell is for general healing and health. Bring together chamomile for healing, lavender for purifications, and dried roses for positive energy.

Charge them with energy however you do it and crush them together in a mortar and pestle, mixing them up all the while visualizing the illness or sore shrinking.

Get a white candle for healing and anointing oil. Iā€™m using a blessing oil by Art of the Root. Dress your candle and any leftover flowers can be sprinkled in a circle around it on a plate.

Light the candle and say:

ā€œI call on the flowers of the Earth,
to bring healing energies for all that they are worth.
Bless this working with your growth,
and may it follow the Hippocratic oath.ā€

Let the candle burn down, putting it out if you need to but relighting it when you can.

16 Likes

That is beautiful @Amethyst!

10 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

9 Likes

Holy cow :cow: hmmmā€¦ Iā€™ll have to think about this one because I actually have a spell that I would like to do & have been kind of waiting for a nice weekend when my own energy isnā€™t so chaotic & everywhere plus I can be outside. I have been working on grounding & I think I have found the answer to releasing energy that is no longer serving me. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Thereā€™s an asteroid passing Earth this weekend!

About 10xā€™s the distance of the Moon to Earth, but still significant. Especially considering all the other lunar effects this Sunday/Monday.

14 Likes

Absolutely beautiful @Phoenix_Fire

9 Likes

I love this @Amethyst absolutely beautiful!

9 Likes

Thank you, dear heart! Iā€™m glad yā€™all liked it!

9 Likes

My challenge will involve the moon in Scorpio and flowers but I think I have to lean into the Plutonian energy of this lunar eclipse. Although I feel like I am trying to tape myself and the people I love back together durng some difficult time, the flip side of endings is that it makes room for beginnings. Iā€™m hoping for the best. In working with this full moon lunar eclipse energy, Iā€™m considering these elements:

Photo credit: Wikipedia

• The moon is in Scorpio and will be a total lunar eclipse starting on Sunday 15th.
  • Pluto is the ruler of Scorpio. Pluto is the god of the underworld (AKA Hades), the one with the 3-headed dog, Cerebus (wife: Persephone/Prosperina)
  • Pluto themes include endings, death, karma, transformations, rebirth, change and intentions like shadow work, subconcious work, psychic work, ending self-defeating habits, fears or patterns, etc.
  • One suggested way to make the most of the eclipse is to write down painful stories or ideas about yourself and burn them to let them go (Sarah Regan, MindBodyGreen)
  • Works for Pluto are best done at night, outdoors. Here, the lunar eclipse starts on Sunday around 9:30 and peaks just after midnight.
  • Correspondences for Pluto include dark red, black, pomegranate, rhodendron, poppies, foxglove, chyrsanthemum, basil, rosemary, etc.
  • Offering: coins (Pluto is a wealthy god), red wine, tobacco, pomegrantate, etc.
  • Pluto is a slow moving planet so I assume itā€™s impact is long-lasting. Itā€™s in Capricorn right now and will be until 2024. It is also retrograde.
  • You can look at your birth chart and your chart for the eclipse and find out where Pluto is in your chart is in your chart to get hints for how to appraoch the eclipse, Pluto will be in my witchy 12th house of subconcious and intuition. On Astro-seek.com, I got the following tidbit for the eclipse transit for me:

Thanks to this transit, you will discover your whole self, and if you pass it successfully, one karmic cycle will come to an end and the universe will reward you. This transit brings unexpected events that you do not have control over. Face them, deal with them and let it go.

Easier said than done, but I will try. I obtained an Astrology.com reading for this full moon (it was $8) and it included a ritual involving flowers for this intense lunar eclpse.

14 Likes

Wonderful entry! I knew Pluto went retrograde but wasnā€™t even putting together that portion in whatā€™s going on for the full moon.

I will have to check my chart against current transits to see what comes up! Thank you for tge reminder. The Moon in Scorpio is intense all up in your feels energy :joy:

10 Likes

So intense ā€¦ I couldnā€™t sleep last night. A lot of drama for this mama :slight_smile: I need to take a serious nap if Iā€™m going to be in any kind of shape to do any kind of ritual work tonight. But I feel like I need to be fully present for this eclipse. I want to be available for any changes that arise over the next few days or weeks (hopefully, not getting fired, though!)

11 Likes

What a perfect challengeā€¦ The full moon was stunning here in Australia just recently in all her glory and what a wonderful way to follow up with this challenge in the waxing moon phase. I will be sure to share my wonderful new moonstone ring for this challenge and what a great time to have been given such a nice giftā€¦ :heartpulse:

10 Likes

I had a look at my chart against current transitsā€¦ My chart is full of in the feelsā€¦

Sun :sun:, Mercury :astrology_mercury:, Uranus :astrology_uranus:, & Pluto :astrology_pluto:ā€¦ all in Scorpio :scorpius: for my personal chart. Add in the moon :full_moon: in Scorpio & Mercury + Pluto in Retrogradeā€¦ I am just a ball of energy :joy: & all up in my feels :rofl:

Luckily my rising is Capricorn :capricorn: & my Moon is in Virgo :virgo: ā€¦ so I have some things that are more stable in my chart for now anyway.

11 Likes

I am sorry @mary25 that itā€™s been such a tough week for you. I hope everything goes good for you in the coming week.

11 Likes

I am so full of energy today. I am going to do a full moon housecleaning from top to bottom and then I am going through all the rooms with sage. Hubby hates the smell of sage, so he will just have to go outside for a little while!

10 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your loss @mary25. You have my condolences. It seems to be a very difficult time for you, I hope this spell helps you!

10 Likes

@Jessica72
I met a woman years ago and we got to talking about stone amulets.
I had on a hematite bracelet and she said she couldnā€™t wear hematite because it made her feel bad.
Blessings
Garnet

11 Likes

@mary25
So many people fear the hanged man (Death card). It doesnā€™t mean that you or anybody else is necessarily going to die. Itā€™s a change card, there will be a change.
Sometimes Tarot can be scary (God bless the cinema). I always thought it gave excellent advise. Which you can take or leave.
About 20 years ago I did a reading for my brother and just for fun I told him to not say anything to me. It was a good reading. It suggested that a business opportunity might open up for him. He looked has his wife like Iā€™d called him a bad name. Then we all laughed.
The next day he said that he and his son were starting a joint venture. Snow Plowing in the winter and landscaping in the summer. We lived in western N.Y. mega snow. He retired a few years ago and his son and Grandson are now running the business.
Blessings
Garnet

13 Likes