šŸ“– Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales

@Rowan, yes I love kindle unlimited! I joined about the time the pandemic started and got 2 months for free and now itā€™s only 10 per month. Which is a bargain. I have all my Witchy books on there. Its really great!!

5 Likes

@Limeberry The Witches Book of Self Care by Arin Murphy-Hiscock and Witch Crafting by Phyllis Curott. Have you read any of these?

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks @BryWisteria for organizing this!! I have lots of books so Iā€™ll have to pick one and Iā€™ll be sharing it!

Thanks for all the great recommendations.

@Rowan I havenā€™t read any of those but Phyllis Curott is a well-known high priestess thatā€™s been around for some time. She hosted a Howcast series about Wicca which was very influential in the early days of Youtube!

5 Likes

Awesome- I imagine there is a lot of great information about Brigid in the book! :star_struck: It sounds really interesting, Krissie- is the title ā€œCeltic Gods and Goddessesā€? I hope you have the chance to read a bit more while you recover. Let us know how you like it! :grin:

This is such a cute and positive book! I love the pictures, motivational boosts, and the spellwork- what a great find! You really get lucky with the treasures in your TK Maxx :laughing::+1: Thanks for sharing! :two_hearts:

Wow, that is quite the collection! :star_struck: Ohhh I canā€™t wait to see which one you pick, Kasie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Feel free to share some of your favorites too- you clearly know a lot of great stories! :open_book:

Awesome pick, Tamera! Happy reading to you too- let us know how you like The Modern Guide to Witchcraft :books::blush:

So very true- and Iā€™m so happy this challenge is calling your name, Haley! :grin: I canā€™t wait to hear about the Solitary Witch- let us know what you think about it! :blue_book::sparkles:

That sounds awesome, Dee! Are you reading anything currently? It sounds like Kindle has a bunch of great witchy books to choose from! :heart_eyes:

I canā€™t wait to see which book you choose, Francisco! :smile: And yes, wow- thereā€™s already so many great recomendations for books! I think the hardest part of this challenge will be choosing which to dive into :laughing:

6 Likes

Yes! That is the name of the book, I will try to post a picture later on, I have it in a drawer by my bed. I like the way that itā€™s written and itā€™s very interesting to read about the different deities for the Celtic culture.

4 Likes

Yay! I have since bought a few new books since posting
Belle building her Library :)

Iā€™ve never been good at book reports or summaries but I am going to try!

8 Likes

Ooh! More to add to my list! I havenā€™t really read any books yet :sweat_smile:
I should have:
1001 Spells: The Complete Book of Spells for Every Purpose
by Cassandra Eason
arriving this afternoon!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve read the Witchā€™s Book of Self Care and itā€™s really good. Itā€™s got a great explanation for grounding and centering that really helped me learn.

Heh. Not all of my books are WItchy ones of course, but a good deal of them are. I started one yesterday but it annoyed me so much I picked another book. Glad I only paid a dollar for it. Iā€™m reading Embrace the Moon by Yasmine Galenorn and it looks promising.

Itā€™s hard to pick a favorite really, but I will say that I have bought Wicca A Guide for Solitary Practitioners and Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham for my kindle even though I have them in book form. Heā€™s always dependable for a good read. Itā€™s sad that he was lost to us so early.

5 Likes

I love books; my favourite type is physical books :books: but I also use my kindle alot and listen to audio books when Iā€™m busy cleaning or dog walking.

I just downloaded this oneā€¦

Looking forward to getting stuck in! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Itā€™s here and itā€™s beautiful and I love it! :heart_eyes:
Iā€™m already halfway through the 2nd chapter- I canā€™t put it down!
There are spells for absolutely everything! In the introduction she encourages growth and adaptation of her spells to suit your needs and purposes, thereā€™s no ā€˜do this or it wonā€™t workā€™.
Iā€™m finding tons of lightbulb moments already with things I want to try/ideas I could adapt.
Truly a fabulous book! :heart:

6 Likes

@Abs53 Iā€™ve read this one, through Audible. Its interesting, but there were some parts I should have had headphones onā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

Love the cover artwork!

3 Likes

It sounds like an awesome book, especially for witches with an interest in Celtic deities and culture! :shamrock: Enjoy, Krissie! :blush:

Hooray for more books! :books: What have you recently added to your bookshelves, Janelle? I canā€™t wait to get some new recommendations from your awesome collection! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Some books are so good we want to have them with us always- I totally understand this! :grin: And yes, no big lost when an inexpensive book isnā€™t quite what was expected. I hope Embrace the Moon will be more a fun read for you! :open_book::two_hearts:

Audio books are a great way to learn on the go! :running_woman: I see them more and more often these days- becoming very popular! I hope you enjoy this new one- let us know how you like it :grinning::+1:

The cover is gorgeous- and it sounds like the inside is just as nice! Youā€™ve got a great find, @LimeBerry, enjoy it! :blush:

1 Like

Its going great for me so far, but Iā€™m only on chapter two. Hopefully Iā€™ll get home today and get to reading. Iā€™m taking notes as I go for a book report type thing when I talk about it a the end of the week. LOL.

2 Likes

I think I am going to take a break soon and go read a little bit in my room now that we are talking about it.

3 Likes

Good Saturday Morning! I am so immersed in the book I chose. Itā€™s almost as if reading it is comparable to having a conversation with an old friend. I look forward to reading it each day. Itā€™s filled with so much information that the highlight tool is a blessing! :grin:
Hereā€™s one excerpt regarding the time of the Salem Witch Trial that I did not knowā€¦

Howā€™s everyone enjoying their books?
Blessed Be

4 Likes

This is the book I am reading. Im actually getting ready to sete down & read for a little bit. Iā€™ve been pretty productive today & itā€™s time to take a break. I just wanted to make sure that anyone else who was looking for this type of book knows the title, authors, & cover. I actually purchased it from Amazon.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve skimmed this book several times. Have done one spell in itā€¦ Saw this challenge, now Iā€™m going to attempt a second spell from it and of course adding my own touches to it!

Self-care is always a struggle for meā€¦so time to dive in!

6 Likes

That one is next to read in my library.:wink:

4 Likes

This arrived today! Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham.

I canā€™t wait to get stuck in!
Top of the list of:

Has everyone read this already? :heart:

5 Likes