Belle building her Library :)

In my family, I’ve always been their “Belle” so to speak

So, I wanted to share my ongoing library with everyone :books: :open_book:

These are my witchy books ^

I adore all these little books! ^

My herb books ^

My Crystal books ^

10 Likes

Ahhh! :star_struck: Beautiful collection of books!!

What do you think about the Book of Altars and Sacred Spaces? I’m curious about the inside. Does it have lots of pictures??

3 Likes

Oh yes, lots of pictures and I love how they breakdown every section in a way that isn’t only easy to read but also easy to understand and put into action.

@Francisco

4 Likes

I have the chakra & meditation book from the 2nd pic, but now I’m aching for the rest! What an amazing collection, I’m a tad bit envious :wink:

Any specific favorites from the top pic? And do you find crystal books helpful? I have quite a crystal collection, but I also have a notebook with lots of info. Just curious what your thoughts are!

3 Likes

Ohhhhh you have a gorgeous collection, “Belle”! :books::heart_eyes: I’m super interested in the “Little Bit of” collection- is this a collaboration with many different authors? I love that they cover so many different topics, and the design of the books! Ah! I love them :sparkling_heart:

Thank you for sharing your collection, @janelle! :two_hearts: Do you already have your eye on the next book you’ll be adding? :open_book:

2 Likes

Earth, Air, Fire & Water is one of my go-to’s. A lot of my spells have parts and pieces taken from this book intertwined in them. The Good Cat Spell Book is one I have been yearning to get into but it’s a tough subject for me seeing as how it was gifted to me after I had to put down my kitty-boy. I think I am waiting to dive into it once I have decided to open my heart back up to another kitty.

As for the crystal books, they are all so different from each other that I find myself thumbing through each of them for various references.

3 Likes

Yup, different authors which I think is super neat! I know there are more out there, I just gotta find them! :nerd_face:

There are a few books I have been wanting to add but I’ve been a little distracted with work and such to buy them. Soon though!

And you are all welcome! @Francisco and @BryWisteria

3 Likes

Nice collection! I have a bookshelf almost full and the oodles of books on my Kindle. I wouldn’t have room for them all without my Kindle, it’s been a life saver.

2 Likes

That is a great collection. I have a crystal book and then a book by Scott Cunningham and Starhawk. I add to it as I read them. It’s just a book starter pack right now. I am definitely getting another by Scott Cunningham, I just haven’t decided which one yet.

3 Likes

One thing I appreciate about Scott Cunningham is that he, like other witch writers, encourages us all to explore many sources. I will buy this book you recommended.

3 Likes

I have to get this one!

1 Like

Witch one?(Lol, I just had to)
@wendy4

1 Like

Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Ha, ha, ha!

1 Like

Beautiful library @janelle !!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I just ordered Wicca Living to add to what I am reading. I think I will get the encyclopedia of herbs next. I need to clean off the top shelf of my closet so I have a place to store my books, just need to get into the basement to find an empty tote with a cover for my photo albums from years past. I love actual pictures, I have probably 20+ albums in my closet right now from when I was younger and when my babies were babies.

2 Likes

Very exciting that you are building your magickal library! :books::sparkles: It sounds like you have a wonderful collection of photographs too. Is there some other way you could display them? It’s a shame to hide them all away- it sounds like they are very meaningful to you! :framed_picture: Maybe consider making a collage or set a few of the books on display on a coffee table?

2 Likes

I make scrapbooks with actual photos. I am going to put them somewhere that is easy for me to get to so I can go through them when I would like to. Right now my kids are really interested in older photos from when my husband and I were younger and even the ones I have of my grandparents when they first came over from Italy. I like going through them and the memories that come with them. I could use the room though. We are actually going to be cleaning out the basement a little more. We are making a pantry area and then I will have a storage area to the side. We cleaned out the first half earlier this year.

2 Likes

So many fun crafts and projects, @Susurrus! :blush: The scrapbooks are a wonderful idea, and it sounds like your kids are really interested in them too! :framed_picture: Enjoy your projects and sharing old memories with your kids :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::books:

@BryWisteria my craft stuff is all over the house. I have to play catch up for a little bit with some images that I found. They need to be cleaned up and then I will start working on ornaments and other trinkets for the holiday craft fairs we have at the schools. Although with the pandemic, I’m not sure how those will work out. I sell some of the ornaments online too through my FaceBook and Instagram pages. I like to use word of mouth around town. I also just went through the scrapbook I made with my daughter a couple of summers ago. Such great memories from a couple of years ago. I really should get back to it. I have one that is begging for me to put my memories into it.

1 Like

I bought a digital edition of this book. I love it, easy to read and very informative! Thank you for the recommendation!

3 Likes