šŸ˜Ž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Casual Casting

Im not sure about the part of setting down the books lolā€¦. i know Iā€™m a green witch, but I feel like I am also a book witch, Love myself a good book!!! Love love love love love

12 Likes

I am also a tea ritual practitioner. I have possibly a bigger tea collection than herb collection which is saying a lot! I have tea at least 3x a day with intention and focused purpose. Thanks for the bookmarks, I am eager to look through them!!!

12 Likes

Thanks for the book recommendation Iā€™ll get it!!

10 Likes

This is a great idea, i want to try this too - maybe the colors of rainbows and chakras together, into an outdoor garden chime. Iā€™ve been wanting to do this to have during my garden sessions!!

12 Likes

Charging the rainbow water ā€” BRILLIANT!!! :rainbow:

13 Likes

One of my favorite ways of casual casting are little chants!

Iā€™ve written about chants before ā†’ My First Chant and Why I Love Them || Witchy Challenge Entry

But here lately Iā€™m bringing back an old chant because I got a haircut that I absolutely hate. So Iā€™m using this chant again to help my hair grow longer so I can get the cut I actually asked for.

Grow long,
Grow strong,
Grow healthy,
Grow thick!

16 Likes

Thunder Cake! That is a wonderful book! Thunder cake by Patricia Polacco - YouTube

13 Likes

I used to chant a lot - both formal chanting and quick mantras and affirmations but I donā€™t do so much anymore and I am not sure why, because it does really bring more abundance and intentionality to what we do - what I do - I need to take this practice up again, thanks for the inspiration @MeganB !

14 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!

Half the time unless Iā€™m using a chant over a long period of time I forget it. This one has stuck in my head for a while :laughing: and I guess itā€™s for a good reason! This haircut isā€¦not what I wanted :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Itā€™s crazy how hair is so much part of our identity!!! Truly, even a bad hair day can skew our entire day for sure!! Iā€™m going to start recording some of my chants in my BoS so that I can refer to them often!!

10 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! I want some ritual but I donā€™t want to sound like someone stuck a pole up my ā€¦ well, you know. LOL! Thatā€™s not me. I canā€™t wait to see what everyone shares!

Thank you! I love these challenges, theyā€™ve really changed my life.

Oh wow, those pics are awesome!

Sending you lots of healing energy and love, my dear! You got this!

14 Likes

I love her you tube channelā€¦she is Amazingā€¦

12 Likes

Sending you lots of Healing Vibes & Hugs my Sisterā€¦

12 Likes

Thanks so cool. :heart_eyes:thanks for sharing that

12 Likes

So far, the first thing that caught my eye was chaos magick! Iā€™m going to learn more about it because for whatever reason, Iā€™m choosing to explore it!! Iā€™ll post my entry later this week for sure. (I havenā€™t done a challenge in weeks!)

15 Likes

So i had to walk to the shop n back (ran out of food) and to the post office. And got caught in rain part way there n of course walked bavk in rain. But one thing i noticed wgen your looking for colours you see them everywhere eben on the rainiest of days. I found a white feather ( ok not rainbow colour but still colour) on way back from shop. I stopped put shopping down yo pick up fearher before picking up shopping to continue home. On way back from post ofgixe a black n white feather. I also found a leaf i recognised from my cetic tree oracle deck so i again put shopping down to pick it up and also when left to go to post office i found abother leaf like it and put it im my jacket poxket for safe keeping. I put them on my abundance altar space. I thought alobg tge way the colours i sae as walked n their correspondence. I saw yellows amd blues, green and browns white n black. I also was wearing my purpke and white chevron amerthyst bracelet and hemetite necklaxe. Today friday n of course Freya, lit my pink Freya candle n rose incence and lit my green abundance ( well its white with green base cause didnt have a big green candle.). Im like seeing colours everywherd now that im looking :joy:. Also casual casting seems to be happening more than id realised and im only realisung now that im looking for wbat to do but then i realised im using herbs in my teas and in my cooking, im using tea tree oil in washing and hand soap ( which is shower gel n bit of water as ran outā€‹:joy:then id added tea tree oil to add ectra cleansing properties n of course the shower gel has sandlewood in it, one of favourite scents these days and is asdociated to Fenrir and protection . So tge hand wash not only has both physical protection and cleaning but also magical too. I spray a essenrial oil infused water spray mist over my bed and pillow to honor not only Cernunnos ( has frakinscence in it) and also for calming effect like creating a sacred safe space to help me sleepand spraying th e mist is like creating a water and air based circle of protection around me as i sleep.
Ok im literally talking alot. Sorry fot so excited. I took a photo of my updated altar space which inclufes a crystal circle but its in shape of a heart. I had crystals out and i endex up making them into a heart shape lol. Now ive made it its been sitting on the altar space .

18 Likes

Oke casual, I had to get up with something today. Got a letter from the government. I could postpone paying taxes for 2019, 2020 because of Corona and difficulty to do my work and get paid. They sent me a list of the amounts Instill had to pay, but I already payed for 2019, and the amount for 2020 was way to high!
I am always a bit scared when it s about numbers, governments, legal structures, and I have the tendency to freeze and do nothing.
I pulled a card and it said that I should contact my ancestors to work through issues and let them help me.

These are pictures of my female line. My mother who died in 2007, my grandmother, and great grandmother.
I know there were great issues with money debts, hunger even. My mother had lived in an occupied area in the war and she really did suffer from hunger. She told me she went on a bike with no tires to farmers to beg for food. She had to , there was not enough to feed the family.
Her whole life she kept everything and was economical. My grandmother had eight children, went from a wealthy family and owning a hotel with my grandfather into bankruptcy and the economical crisis in the thirties.

I talked to them and asked them to help me. Tried to calm down, and find peace inside. Burned some laurel leaves
And then I called the tax phone ( Donā€™t know if you are familiar with this, but here in the Netherlands whe can call this number to get information about everything handling with paying tax)

I gathered everything I need and told them everything they needed to know and ask them to find out.
And luckily it was a mistake from their side!
I get a new list which will be better to deal with!

I am happy I didnā€™t freeze and felt the back up from my family who knows where I was going through

14 Likes

@Crystal5 Hahaha Iā€™m on it! :wink: :heart: And those rainbows of yours are GORGEOUS, Crystal- Iā€™ve never caught a pic of the entire arc before, what a perfect shot! :heart_eyes: :rainbow:

@jan_TheGreenWitch The Book of Answers sounds like a great piece of your practice to bring with you and draw on at any time :blush: And hooray for stones and kitchen witchery too! :heart: I am wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery, Jan, you are one strong witch and you got this! :muscle: :sparkling_heart:

@MeganB Hooray for fun little chants! :partying_face: This one is really cute, Megan- it says exactly your intention in a fun and easy-to-remember way. I love it- may your hair grow fast and beautifully to exactly how you want it to be! :raised_hands:

@Amethyst Hahaha I know the feeling! Hopefully you can find some great methods- with just the right amount of ritual (or lack of ritual!) :grin: :+1:

@Janae_Rochele Hooray for Chaos Magick! :tada::crazy_face: Itā€™s been a hot topic lately, you should be able to find plenty of resources and inspiration- but donā€™t hesitate away from jumping in and just seeing what happens! Itā€™s a fun area of magick where the only rules are the ones you choose for yourself. Good luck and have fun with it! :grinning:

@Phoenix_Fire Beautiful altar! :heart: It sounds like the things that have been on your mind are manifesting around you, Phoenix- that is really exciting that you discovered all of those things! :blush: Thereā€™s no need to apologize- I love your excitement, itā€™s contagious! :sparkles:

@Martje Youā€™re not alone, Martje- tax stuff and government paperwork is very scary to deal with! I think you are amazing for seeking guidance and reaching out to your ancestors for their assistance. It sounds like you come from a very strong line of women- they overcame so much and were able to survive! :muscle::heart: It looks like they are smiling down upon you- Iā€™m so glad you were able to handle everything and that it all worked out beautifully :blush: Congrats to you- great work!

14 Likes

Good job using your alter. I noticed your candle is much shorter than the first time you showed us your alter.

10 Likes

So my clumsiness resulted in some casual casting yesterday so Iā€™ll share it here. I was running up (on my golf cart - for my non-Texans, itā€™s a colloquialism here in Texas, maybe the south, to mean ā€œIā€™m goingā€) to our office to get packages because my Tamed Wild box arrived. I also was taking some trash to the dumpster because multi-task.

Well, am empty box feel off the back of the cart not once but twice. The second time I stopped to pick it up, I stepped off the cart wrong and rolled my ankle. :pleading_face::face_with_head_bandage: I knew it wasnā€™t severe because I could still put weight on it but it hurt like a son of a gun. (Yes, I continued to the dumpster and office, lol)

When I got back to the house, I turned to my trusty Llewellynā€™s Book of Natural Remedies by Vannoy Gentles Fite. I knew there was a section on muscle, ligament, and tendon pain.

Sure enough, pain rub! It called for wintergreen, birch, and peppermint essential oils, vitamin E oil, and a carrier. I donā€™t have birch oil so I looked up itā€™s properties in the front and found that most were repeated in the wintergreen. The few that werenā€™t I was either able to replace with Arnica oil or felt I didnā€™t need.

I gathered my oils, a bowl, amber bottle, roller bottles, and funnel. I didnā€™t cast a circle but did request aid from Apollo for fast healing. As I added each oil to the carrier oil, I focused on what I wanted it to perform. Then I stirred counter-clockwise to remove pain, swelling, and bruising to allow my body to heal quickly. I added a pentagram just because, transferred some to the roller bottle and the rest to the amber bottle for storage.

I immediately put it on my ankle, again going in a counter-clockwise direction, while asking for fast healing of my ankle and to reduce the swelling and pain. Let it dry some and wrapped it up with an ace bandage, which I didnā€™t even realize till now that I also did counter-clockwise.

It eases the pain and allows me to focus on what I need to actually get done for work. I plan to use it 3-4 times a day as the author states ā€œas neededā€. Also following traditional RICE.

16 Likes