šŸ˜Ž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Casual Casting

If you skip sneakers you can ground. Grounding falls into casual magical for me.

13 Likes

@amethyst, I love your excitement!

11 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire, I saw your post and wanted to share my rainbows. Here in Nevada it doesnā€™t rain often. This week we have been getting a number of showers. (I had to get a picture of the rainbow :rainbow: ending at our house.:funeral_urn:)

18 Likes

@BryWisteria , good for you! You are getting ahead in personal responses.

11 Likes

Hello everybody! I have three things I have done for this challenge and figured Iā€™d share now since we are preparing for a big storm this afternoon (finally rain, thank the goddess!).

• I have a book that I keep around since I have been on the road and going to the hospital a lot called The Book of Answers by Carol Bolt, and it works well anywhere when you canā€™t throw charms, or do an oracle or Tarot spread, itā€™s small and I can keep it in my purse. I use it a lot lately since Iā€™m making decisions on my cancer, surgery, mastectomy, chemo etc.

• I use this stone to protect my electronics and assist with balancing my chakras daily

• with getting ready for the storm, I love baking and so I will be baking my health intentions as a witchy bad a$$ into this cake - The book Thunder Cake is a lesson from a grandmother to her granddaughter about being fearless in the face of scary things. I am using this as a metaphor and applying it to the uphill climb right now I have with my new stage 3 cancer diagnosis.

By the way, I have a Friday, August 12 date for my surgery. I have agreed to the double mastectomy. Scary, but I can weather the storm ā€¦. I AM THE STORM! <>

s

15 Likes

Im not sure about the part of setting down the books lolā€¦. i know Iā€™m a green witch, but I feel like I am also a book witch, Love myself a good book!!! Love love love love love

12 Likes

I am also a tea ritual practitioner. I have possibly a bigger tea collection than herb collection which is saying a lot! I have tea at least 3x a day with intention and focused purpose. Thanks for the bookmarks, I am eager to look through them!!!

12 Likes

Thanks for the book recommendation Iā€™ll get it!!

10 Likes

This is a great idea, i want to try this too - maybe the colors of rainbows and chakras together, into an outdoor garden chime. Iā€™ve been wanting to do this to have during my garden sessions!!

12 Likes

Charging the rainbow water ā€” BRILLIANT!!! :rainbow:

13 Likes

One of my favorite ways of casual casting are little chants!

Iā€™ve written about chants before ā†’ My First Chant and Why I Love Them || Witchy Challenge Entry

But here lately Iā€™m bringing back an old chant because I got a haircut that I absolutely hate. So Iā€™m using this chant again to help my hair grow longer so I can get the cut I actually asked for.

Grow long,
Grow strong,
Grow healthy,
Grow thick!

16 Likes

Thunder Cake! That is a wonderful book! Thunder cake by Patricia Polacco - YouTube

13 Likes

I used to chant a lot - both formal chanting and quick mantras and affirmations but I donā€™t do so much anymore and I am not sure why, because it does really bring more abundance and intentionality to what we do - what I do - I need to take this practice up again, thanks for the inspiration @MeganB !

14 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!

Half the time unless Iā€™m using a chant over a long period of time I forget it. This one has stuck in my head for a while :laughing: and I guess itā€™s for a good reason! This haircut isā€¦not what I wanted :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Itā€™s crazy how hair is so much part of our identity!!! Truly, even a bad hair day can skew our entire day for sure!! Iā€™m going to start recording some of my chants in my BoS so that I can refer to them often!!

10 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! I want some ritual but I donā€™t want to sound like someone stuck a pole up my ā€¦ well, you know. LOL! Thatā€™s not me. I canā€™t wait to see what everyone shares!

Thank you! I love these challenges, theyā€™ve really changed my life.

Oh wow, those pics are awesome!

Sending you lots of healing energy and love, my dear! You got this!

14 Likes

I love her you tube channelā€¦she is Amazingā€¦

12 Likes

Sending you lots of Healing Vibes & Hugs my Sisterā€¦

12 Likes

Thanks so cool. :heart_eyes:thanks for sharing that

12 Likes

So far, the first thing that caught my eye was chaos magick! Iā€™m going to learn more about it because for whatever reason, Iā€™m choosing to explore it!! Iā€™ll post my entry later this week for sure. (I havenā€™t done a challenge in weeks!)

15 Likes