šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up! [Challenge #150]

Catch-Up Challenge #150 Entry

Elemental Mastery

(Master of all Elements)

Mastering 7 Elements of the Fairy Star
Created with Adobe Photoshop Elements, Background-Pinterest

I use the 7-pointed star in my own practice. So for this challenge, Iā€™m sharing this technique with you. I have been blessed with visions, usually during mediation. This was how I learned to use Above and Below. Then I had a dream about Within.

So when I found the Fairy Star it made so much sense to me. As a Starseed, I can relate it to the Pleiades - 7 sisters! I do feel that as I continue to learn more from my flashes of insight I will have a better understanding of each point.

The Fairy Star is drawn in one continuous line, starting with point one. Here is the meaning for each point:

1. Within: Sun :astrology_sun: Honor

2. Below: Moon :astrology_moon: Balance

3. South: Mars :astrology_mars: Fire :fire_element: Inspiration

4. East: Mercury :astrology_mercury: Air :air_element: Knowledge

5. West: Jupiter :astrology_jupiter: Water :water_element: Joy

6. Above: Venus :astrology_venus: Stars SmallFairyStar Connection

7. North Saturn :astrology_saturn: Earth :earth_element: Trust

Elven Stars in Wicca and Magick

Itā€™s in contemporary magick (spelled with the extra letter to separate it from commonersā€™ performance magic) that elven stars are actively used as standalone symbols instead of merely being associated with the innate perfection of the number seven.

The five-pointed star, also called the pentagram, depicts the different directional spaces: North, South, East, West, and Above. The Faery Star expands the mindā€™s awareness by adding two more dimensions: Below, and Within.

13 Likes

This is fascinating and the symbolism and connections make so much sense to me too! Definitely going to meditate on this! :blush: :heart:

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to all of the challengers this week- what an amazing display of magick! Iā€™m honestly a bit sad to bring this one to a close as it has been such a delight seeing what themes everyone jumped into. No matter which area(s) you explored this week, thank you so much to everyone who jumped in to partake in the 150th challenge! :clap: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :trophy: :sparkles:

7 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The ā€œProps and Presentsā€ award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Award Post for the 150th Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

10 Likes

Oh my gods, I love this! :laughing: Itā€™s likeā€¦I donā€™t know, itā€™s funny in a way thatā€™s serious, too, if that makes sense. I donā€™t know :joy: Words arenā€™t working for me right now, but Iā€™m sure Zeus will love this chant!

I think yellow is a great candle to use for confidence! :candle: May your candle spell show you that you shine as bright as the stars!

This is a beautiful ritual, Kasandra :dragon: I love it! You always craft the most interesting and well thought out rituals :heart:

Youā€™re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I couldnā€™t imagine the coven family without you, either! I do think I have to stick to pulling all-nighters once a year :joy: as much as I love the ritual of self-sacrifice, I already donā€™t sleep well as it is lol

Iā€™m glad your tea tasted good! :tea: Ever since I started drinking coffee again, I havenā€™t had much tea. I need to get back to a nightly cup lol I quite liked it!

And talking with your deities definitely counts as ā€œdoing somethingā€, even if it isnā€™t your regular daily practice.

Aww, what a beautiful experience! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m not much for loving flies, but Iā€™m glad you found a peaceful connection with the one that needed help. That was sweet of you!

Hey, even if youā€™re learning all over again, you still get to experience the candle magic! :candle: :heart: I hope you enjoyed your candle meditation. It sounds like it was an interesting time trying to control the flame and make sense of it!

Your challenges all look great! :heart: :clap: I love that you made it all personal with divination. You seem to have an affinity for that! Great job!

Oh no, Medea! :pray: I hope youā€™re alright! :heart:

I think having a moon journal is a great idea, especially to hone your connection with the moon. You may even notice patterns of behavior and thoughts that are tied to certain moon phases!

Hooray for rain! :clap: :cloud_with_rain: One thing I love to do when it rains here (as long as thereā€™s no lightning) is take a rain shower to cleanse away any energy I have around me that I donā€™t want. Itā€™s so healing to stand in the rain and let it wash everything away :heart:

Thatā€™s not the first Iā€™ve heard of that documentary - I think itā€™s about time I watch it! :mushroom: Thank you for the reminder! Iā€™m glad you found a connection to the trees - itā€™s a beautiful one to have! :tree_of_life:

Oh my goodness :laughing: This sounds like something I would do! You know whatā€™s funny - my Moon is Sagittarius, but my Rising is Gemini! Iā€™m not sure what that means (and I say that all the time with astrology) but it was just funny to me. I hope you have a fun time making your chart!

Oh wow, so many gorgeous crystals! :heart_eyes: I love them all!

Those all sound great, Nixi! I really love the after-bath treatment. That sounds like a great idea! :clap: It gives me the idea to charge the lotion I use after I showerā€¦ :thinking: I need to do that!

Hmm, I never connected the fairy star to the 7 sisters and the Pleiades. Interesting! Thank you, Marsha!

10 Likes

I love that so much, and I knew you would get it out of everyone! :laughing: :heart:

Hmmmā€¦ both signs definitely have the curiosity going for them (as well as restlessness :sweat_smile:), Iā€™d say we both get the unconventional approach and sharp wit from Gemini and the enthusiasm and goal orientation from Sagittarius :blush:

9 Likes

I can 100% relate to that curiosity and restlessness :joy: it all sounds right!

9 Likes

Hee! Thanks, love! It was written tongue in cheek. Glad you liked the chant!

9 Likes

Much better outlook than is in my head, which is a little odd since I started laughing at stuff like needing additional markings on the stove panel because I canā€™t comprehend the standard diagram.
My 19 year old coined the phrase ā€œWhat part of brain damage donā€™t you understand?ā€ Said by both of us.

My 21 year olds just says ā€œDrain B"amageā€ or " Because Drain Bamage"

Iā€™m not there with this stuff yet. Iā€™m too busy feeling sorry for myself (a right now realization)

I finally started learning again 5 years after the last injury and in less than 6 months I forgot some of what I had relearned and some forgot new stuff.

It took me probably 45 minutes to put on a certain undergarment yesterday and realize that i had been wearing it not totally right for I donā€™t know how long. That I found funny :laughing: :woman_shrugging:t2: :black_cat:

10 Likes

I was just thinking that when I used to have a nightly cup of tea :tea: after dinner, I really enjoyed it too. Iā€™m going to have to get back to that at some point. Just adding that to my list of things to get back in order :laughing:

I have been talking to them on a daily basis. The one that I am in a learning program for I have to get caught up onā€¦ Iā€™m a bit behind over the last couple of weeks :flushed: I did get to finish her 5-day Challenge though :blush: so that feels good! :hugs:

9 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s the phrase I was looking for! :laughing:

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get there :heart: I donā€™t know what itā€™s like to deal with a brain injury, but I do know that weā€™re all here for you and cheering you on! Thereā€™s no ā€œright wayā€ or ā€œright paceā€ to travel at - the only right way is the way that works best for you.

Hooray for feeling food! :tada: Thatā€™s the whole point of taking a break and doing things for you - itā€™s what you want and need :pink_heart:

9 Likes

LOL, sometimes you just want to jump into what you are doing. SG has also taught me that it does not have to be all complicated either so I like their little circle casting with their rituals. I love that moon jar everytime I go to my altar I pick it up or stare at it.

10 Likes

Everyone did a wonderful job. Just now playing catch up.

10 Likes

Donā€™t you hate it when you go to say something and itā€™s like it falls out of your head into the universe, never to be heard from again? I do. LOL!

10 Likes

Yes, so much! It happens all the time :joy: itā€™s worse if Iā€™m speaking instead of typing, but sheesh! Itā€™s like, Hello, brain! I know you know the words. Quit messinā€™ around! :rofl:

10 Likes

I even asked the neurologist if that was natural when I saw her, and she said yes so I guess weā€™re not going crazy. LOL!

10 Likes

At least Iā€™m not going crazy then :joy: thatā€™s a good thing!

9 Likes

Itā€™s always nice to have a professional confirm your sanity. LOL!

9 Likes