šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up! [Challenge #150]

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, June 27 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

:clap: :clap: :clap: A round of applause for everyone who has shared an entry (or two, or three!) so far!

Gosh, everyoneā€™s posts have been a delight- you are all so creative! I get so excited for Catch-Up Challenges because Iā€™m always so curious about which challenges everyone will pick. Reading through all the diverse magick feels like meandering through a magickal market or witchy convention- so many amazing projects, spells, recipes, chants, and more on display, about so many different parts of the Craft! It is really wonderful to see :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A big thank you to everyone who has joined in so far! :heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :trophy: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: the ones since I last posted an entry have also been great! Awesome job everyone! I have 1 more to do, Iā€™m hoping to be able to do that sometime today. Hopefully when my daughter starts her sailing :sailboat: this afternoon :laughing: Otherwiseā€¦ trying to contain teenage girl energy can be a challenge sometimes. :rofl:

11 Likes

I thought the last Catch-up was perfect in timing butā€¦this 150 Witchy Challenges is bringing me back to reality. I have been in the Hospital ER for 4 days in the hallway :grimacing: :innocent: without sleep and no internet to keep up with everyone here at Spells 8. I had started a Challenge that I did not finish so this will be the Challenge I will finish, By the Hand, From the Heart - Handwritten Magick

11 Likes

Are you ok? :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Challenge Entry #1: Moon Witch

One thing Iā€™ve been wanting to strengthen my ties to is the moon. Iā€™ve learned the phases and the quick overview of what each phase is good for, but I still donā€™t feel a strong link between myself and the moon. So Iā€™m working through a moon journal with a variety of prompts that are geared towards the phases. It also talks about the name for each month, but not with enough detail so I dug in a bit more to find this:

That has a ton of details of the full moon name, what else itā€™s known as and even some details on where the name originated.

So my plan is to use this journal and the full moons to journal through the phases (and months) to hopefully feel more of a bond between my practice and the moon. If anything, I know itā€™ll help me better understand the phases and make my practice more intentional each month.

And Iā€™ve been preparing to do the Full Buck Moon Ritual come Monday:

12 Likes

So sorry to hear you were in a crowded ER like that, @Medea. Sending you good vibes to feel better soon!

10 Likes

Challenge Entry #2: Weather Witchery

I used this challenge to learn more about what you could do with rain water as weā€™ve (finally!) been getting some much needed rain. I found this page which was dedicated to what you can do with rain water:

It includes a lot of simple ideas like taking a rain shower to harness the energy of the rainwater or even adding it to your bath. While I liked the ideas, I wanted to learn more the power behind it and other magickal ways I could use it. So I did a bit more research and found this:

I really liked this site as it gave all kinds of information on rainwater, including spells and ideas on how to use it. Like for instance, it talked about how lightning water is associated with fire and to use that type of water for restoration or reenergizing spells. And how windstorm rainwater represents momentum, release and reflection. I wouldnā€™t have thought much about different types of water otherwise.

Iā€™m excited to capture some rain water this week and use it in a spell or two and practice some weather witchery!

12 Likes

Challenge Entry #3: Sacred Trees and Wood

I was really excited about this one because Iā€™m naturally drawn to wood everything. We use it in our business for most of our items because of that and I love that every piece is unique which makes it even more fun to work with.

I also use sounds of the forest (camping, trees, wind, etc) to meditate to or relax to. Thereā€™s something super calming to me about the forest. We live in the middle of a national forest so behind our home is wooded and itā€™s one of my favorite spots to relax and meditate in. The ASMR Weekly channel on YouTube has quite a few forest-related videos that I like as well :slight_smile:

But I wanted to push myself to learn a bit more about trees and loved learning about the Celtic tree calendar. I had no idea this was a thing and found the idea of using a tree calendar to mark time passing fascinating!

We also recently watched Fantastic Fungi on Netflix which talked about how trees communicate with each other which I thought was really interesting. They use something called a mycorrhizal network to communicate and use it to survive. You can learn more about it here:

I try to remember this each time I walk in the woods. Thereā€™s so much going on above ground, but even more beneath your feet! Trees are really amazing and I loved using this challenge to increase my knowledge about them.

13 Likes

Thank you so much for your good vibesā€¦I sure do need them. I had a skin infection that dam near try to kill me. Luckly, good IV antibiotics did the trick since I have had MERSA 2 times I need to be very careful of infections.

Blessed Be Always,
Medea :tree_of_life:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry #3 - Astrology: Reading the Skies

Iā€™m taking an approach to this one that really tickles my Gemini Moon :sweat_smile: Iā€™ve read through my Cafe Astrology natal chart report, highlighting things with green, yellow and red based on how much I feel they resonate with me currently. Most of it, something like 80% is green. Next Iā€™m going to gather everything Iā€™ve highlighted, group them into a set of attributes, and create a table out of them, to see what contributes to what and how much. Iā€™m very curious to see that, both in my own chart and to learn more about astrology in general. :blush: :sparkles:

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
Heed The Call Of Crystals

I really need to be spending more time with my crystals so this was really fun. I am still rebuilding my collection but here it is

The main part of my collection

A protection set

A Chakra set and the bonuses it came with

The ones that I plan to start working with

An Amethyst cluster that my 4 year old picked up on his way by and so matter of fact placed on my Tarot box and my favorite piece of Satin Spar

A beautiful tiny piece of Smoky Quartz that I paid way too much for about 15 years ago. I actually have no idea how I still have it or how it found me again

A beautiful Apache Tear that I have no idea where it came from. I tried to get a picture with it against the light, it sort of worked

This little beauty that I have no idea what it is

And my most prized possession, a large piece of Rose Quartz that my oldest son gave me. We used to share one when he was little and this is the second thing he bought me after we reconciled

12 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, dear heart! I hope things get better for you. Those strong antibiotics can be hard on a body.

11 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
Holistic Magick - A Witchā€™s Apothecary

I was so excited about this one because I have wanted to run an Apothecary type store for or a very long time. Unfortunately I was running low on time, energy and ingredients so I mostly organized herbs and oils and such and refreshed my memory on them.

I looked for things I want to make and planned a few of them out.

I made an after bath treatment for my son. I made a mold and mildew remover with tea tree oil and lavender. The ingredients and/or finished product could be charged but I was in such a hurry it honestly didnā€™t occur to me.

Lastly I made a grounding pouch by properties, smell and instinct. I added each one as normal and repeated for a total of three times and sealed the knot with candle drippings

12 Likes

Catch-Up Challenge #150 Entry

Elemental Mastery

(Master of all Elements)

Mastering 7 Elements of the Fairy Star
Created with Adobe Photoshop Elements, Background-Pinterest

I use the 7-pointed star in my own practice. So for this challenge, Iā€™m sharing this technique with you. I have been blessed with visions, usually during mediation. This was how I learned to use Above and Below. Then I had a dream about Within.

So when I found the Fairy Star it made so much sense to me. As a Starseed, I can relate it to the Pleiades - 7 sisters! I do feel that as I continue to learn more from my flashes of insight I will have a better understanding of each point.

The Fairy Star is drawn in one continuous line, starting with point one. Here is the meaning for each point:

1. Within: Sun :astrology_sun: Honor

2. Below: Moon :astrology_moon: Balance

3. South: Mars :astrology_mars: Fire :fire_element: Inspiration

4. East: Mercury :astrology_mercury: Air :air_element: Knowledge

5. West: Jupiter :astrology_jupiter: Water :water_element: Joy

6. Above: Venus :astrology_venus: Stars SmallFairyStar Connection

7. North Saturn :astrology_saturn: Earth :earth_element: Trust

Elven Stars in Wicca and Magick

Itā€™s in contemporary magick (spelled with the extra letter to separate it from commonersā€™ performance magic) that elven stars are actively used as standalone symbols instead of merely being associated with the innate perfection of the number seven.

The five-pointed star, also called the pentagram, depicts the different directional spaces: North, South, East, West, and Above. The Faery Star expands the mindā€™s awareness by adding two more dimensions: Below, and Within.

13 Likes

This is fascinating and the symbolism and connections make so much sense to me too! Definitely going to meditate on this! :blush: :heart:

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to all of the challengers this week- what an amazing display of magick! Iā€™m honestly a bit sad to bring this one to a close as it has been such a delight seeing what themes everyone jumped into. No matter which area(s) you explored this week, thank you so much to everyone who jumped in to partake in the 150th challenge! :clap: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :trophy: :sparkles:

7 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The ā€œProps and Presentsā€ award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Award Post for the 150th Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

10 Likes

Oh my gods, I love this! :laughing: Itā€™s likeā€¦I donā€™t know, itā€™s funny in a way thatā€™s serious, too, if that makes sense. I donā€™t know :joy: Words arenā€™t working for me right now, but Iā€™m sure Zeus will love this chant!

I think yellow is a great candle to use for confidence! :candle: May your candle spell show you that you shine as bright as the stars!

This is a beautiful ritual, Kasandra :dragon: I love it! You always craft the most interesting and well thought out rituals :heart:

Youā€™re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I couldnā€™t imagine the coven family without you, either! I do think I have to stick to pulling all-nighters once a year :joy: as much as I love the ritual of self-sacrifice, I already donā€™t sleep well as it is lol

Iā€™m glad your tea tasted good! :tea: Ever since I started drinking coffee again, I havenā€™t had much tea. I need to get back to a nightly cup lol I quite liked it!

And talking with your deities definitely counts as ā€œdoing somethingā€, even if it isnā€™t your regular daily practice.

Aww, what a beautiful experience! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m not much for loving flies, but Iā€™m glad you found a peaceful connection with the one that needed help. That was sweet of you!

Hey, even if youā€™re learning all over again, you still get to experience the candle magic! :candle: :heart: I hope you enjoyed your candle meditation. It sounds like it was an interesting time trying to control the flame and make sense of it!

Your challenges all look great! :heart: :clap: I love that you made it all personal with divination. You seem to have an affinity for that! Great job!

Oh no, Medea! :pray: I hope youā€™re alright! :heart:

I think having a moon journal is a great idea, especially to hone your connection with the moon. You may even notice patterns of behavior and thoughts that are tied to certain moon phases!

Hooray for rain! :clap: :cloud_with_rain: One thing I love to do when it rains here (as long as thereā€™s no lightning) is take a rain shower to cleanse away any energy I have around me that I donā€™t want. Itā€™s so healing to stand in the rain and let it wash everything away :heart:

Thatā€™s not the first Iā€™ve heard of that documentary - I think itā€™s about time I watch it! :mushroom: Thank you for the reminder! Iā€™m glad you found a connection to the trees - itā€™s a beautiful one to have! :tree_of_life:

Oh my goodness :laughing: This sounds like something I would do! You know whatā€™s funny - my Moon is Sagittarius, but my Rising is Gemini! Iā€™m not sure what that means (and I say that all the time with astrology) but it was just funny to me. I hope you have a fun time making your chart!

Oh wow, so many gorgeous crystals! :heart_eyes: I love them all!

Those all sound great, Nixi! I really love the after-bath treatment. That sounds like a great idea! :clap: It gives me the idea to charge the lotion I use after I showerā€¦ :thinking: I need to do that!

Hmm, I never connected the fairy star to the 7 sisters and the Pleiades. Interesting! Thank you, Marsha!

10 Likes