šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up! [Challenge #200]

Challenge Entry #2 - :cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch

I do cook mostly made-from-scratch dinners and have been baking more since Iā€™ve discovered sourdough. I donā€™t consider myself a kitchen witch and often donā€™t think to infuse magic into my cooking.

I decided to give it a try today. I chose to make a batch of sourdough discard seeded crackers (something like wheat thins). I make them with chia seeds and flax seeds.

• Protection: Flax seeds are often used for protective purposes. They can be sprinkled around the home to ward off negative energies or carried in a pouch for personal protection.

• Abundance and Prosperity: Flax seeds are also associated with abundance and can be used in spells or rituals to attract wealth and prosperity.

• Healing: The seeds can be used in healing spells or rituals to promote physical and emotional well-being.

• Strength and Vitality: Chia seeds are known for their energy-boosting properties, making them ideal for spells and rituals focused on increasing strength and vitality.

• Endurance: They can be used in magic to enhance endurance, both physically and spiritually.

• Growth and Transformation: Chia seeds can symbolize growth and transformation due to their ability to expand and absorb liquid.

Flax Seed Correspondences Sources

Protection and Healing:

• Cunninghamā€™s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott Cunningham lists flax seeds as having protective properties and uses in healing spells.
  • The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews by Scott Cunningham includes information on using flax seeds in protection sachets.

Abundance and Prosperity:

• The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells by Judika Illes includes references to flax seeds being used in spells for prosperity and wealth.

Chia Seed Correspondences Sources (Most of the published information on Chia Seed pertains to itā€™s health benefits but we can extrapolate from what what itā€™s Magickal properties are.

Strength and Vitality:

• Cunninghamā€™s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott Cunningham does not specifically list chia seeds, but similar seeds such as poppy seeds are mentioned for their energy-boosting properties, which can be applied to chia seeds due to their nutritional profile.

Endurance and Growth:

• The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More by Arin Murphy-Hiscock mentions the use of seeds in general for growth and transformation spells, which can be extended to chia seeds.

With this in mind, I made the crackers with the intent of creating crackers for Protection, Health, and Abundance. Kneading the dough, rolling it out, and cutting it added the extra hands-on touch and gave me time to meditate on the spell.

Link to recipe

16 Likes