⏲ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Ohh it works all right :wink: been seeing tremendous results

7 Likes

That’s great! I’m so glad for you!

7 Likes

Thank you @Volmarr for this list. I am very interested in the Norse Goddesses and Gods. I only had a partial list. Great information. :books:

7 Likes

I am excited to have a chance to do challenges I missed. Here is my entry for the Spell-ing Bee Challenge. I am experimenting with creating spells using correspondences. Here are 3 :slight_smile:

A Spell for Family Prosperity
This is best done on a Thursday. To begin, take a walk among some oak trees, lovingly thinking about each member of your family (that you wish to include in the spell). Collect as many acorns as you have family members. Place the acorns around a brown or green candle, along with some cinnamon. Say:
Mighty oaks from acorns grow.
Help me now my spell to sow.
Prosper those my heart holds dear.
Wealth and wellness through the year.
Grateful gladness ever be.
Grounded as the great oak tree.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

A Spell to Break a Bad Habit
This is best done on a Saturday. Arrange a black candle with amethyst(s) and the names of departed loved ones you admire (alternatively, photographs). Visualize yourself overcoming the bad habit with new willpower. Say:
Those before have led the way. My respect to them I pay.
Time has come for me to change.
Though different ways at first feel strange.
Guide me now the path to take.
A better person now to make.
Amethyst and candle black.
I’m grateful that you have my back.

A Spell to Attract a New Love
This is best done on a Friday. Arrange a pink candle in a ring of sugar or honey. Envision yourself cherished by a new love in your life. Say:
Tender heart and kind regard.
Helping hand when life is hard.
Honeysuckle, sandalwood. Understanding, understood.
Rose and apple, lemon balm.
Love that’s gentle, strong and calm.
Let me be like love I seek.
Growing sweeter by the week.

10 Likes

I really love your spells for the spelling-bee challenge. They sound really magickal :dizzy: a job well done @mary25 with creating spells using correspondences.

9 Likes

I’d like to attempt two challenges I’ve missed this time:

1. My :white_heart: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Into the Light entry: Moon Goddess skin cream :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2. My :crystal_ball: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Fortelling the Future entry:

I finally got these lovely Archetype Cards to play with, and they’re great for shadow work. Archetypes can show us sides of us that we haven’t even considered before! But I want to tell you a story, how I also came to predict something about my future self!

So… I was thinking that I’d draw 5 cards, and write down my thoughts into my journal. This is the first card that came up:

The deck also came with an instruction booklet, and this is what it says for the Guide archetype:

Guide
(Guru, Sage, Crone, Wise Woman, Spiritual Master, Evangelist, Preacher)

• teacher of religious beliefs and practices, as well as the spiritual principle of seeing the Divine in every aspect of life
  • you don’t have to be a professional preacher or guru to have this archetype
  • Crone, Wise Woman and Sage represent the ripening of insight and acceptance of what is
  • Shadow Guide manifests as televangelists, gurus and priests who place financial gain and sexual gratification over imparting spiritual insight

Look for continuing pattern of guiding others based on your own spiritual insights.

I ended up writing a lot about this particular archetype into my journal, enough to abandon the original idea of a 5 card draw. Some of the most important points that came up

• I love to talk about things that are important to me, and that includes spiritual matters
  • I often don’t, because of various ideas I’ve learned, like…
    • “I’m not interesting enough”
    • “Why should people listen to me?”
    • “I don’t want to push my ideas”
    • “Differences in opinion create conflicts, and I want to avoid those, so I better keep my opinions to myself”
    • “I’m not a public speaker”
    • And so on… do any of these really hold water? :grin:

I do, and I have talked about my witchy ideas, values and beliefs to people who I know are interested and want to hear. I’ve also started writing more here, and it’s often been something I’ve tried that I want to share or something to that effect. I love helping people, and most of all I love helping people feel better and be more true to themselves.

Now, this is where things get interesting! :smile_cat:
I’ve very recently joined a lovely peer support community of people who are or have been struggling with their mental health. Beautiful people who have seen the dark side of life a little too close like I have. All of a sudden… I have a workshop to run on July, with a general theme of “well-being”! That means people are going to come listen to me and do things I’ve prepared for them for three hours. I’m really excited about it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Now doesn’t that sound like the card I drew?

And… just to rub it in my face a little more, a few days later I thought I’d shuffle the deck and draw another card to look at… there was the Guide again. :crystal_ball:

10 Likes

For this week’s challenge, I chose two: “From Seed to Sprout” and “Potion Making.”

For my “From Seed to Sprout” entry, I wanted to share my progress I’ve made with my seeds I planted a few weeks ago. I was hoping to be able to share a photo because I think my little seedlings are adorable, but my Internet is really acting up and being super slow, so I’m not even going to attempt to try to see if uploading a pic would even work :confounded:

I had a hard time narrowing down what kinds of plants I wanted to grow. I decided to try to grow some herbs that can be used in tea, along with a few others. This is a list of the seeds I planted:

Peppermint
Marigold
Lemon balm
Lavender
Mountain mint
Chamomile
Catnip
Purple coneflower (echinacea)
Wormwood
White sage

I have mugwort seeds that I haven’t yet planted because I keep getting distracted :sweat_smile: The wormwood isn’t so much a tea herb, but I planted it because it’s one of the plants that fascinates me, I’m hoping it will inspire me to potentially try to make absinthe someday, and I’ve been wanting to make a (non-toxic) flying ointment.

The reason I chose the white sage is that I like learning about and experimenting with different cleansing herbs, and from my research into the controversy over the use of white sage by non-Native American/non-First Nations peoples, I didn’t feel like I could justify purchasing it when I don’t know exactly where and how it was harvested.

For my second challenge, I felt like it was a good time to take on the “Potion Making” challenge. As I mentioned earlier, my Internet has been frustratingly slow, and completely dysfunctional at times, which makes working from home test my patience.

My most frequently made potion this week was my morning coffee. I drink my coffee black, so I feel kinda strange about stirring my intentions into it. Instead, I’ve been channeling my intentions (for energy, focus, motivation, etc.) through the spoon I use to scoop the coffee out, and I’ve been taking time to appreciate and thank every scoop that goes into the coffee maker. Once I have all the grounds in the machine, I use my pointer finger on my projective hand to trace a heart into the grounds. I do this with the intention of putting my love into it for myself and for my mom who also drinks the coffee I make every morning.

I’ve even done an experiment to see whether tracing the heart into the grounds actually has any effects or not, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it actually does! On days when I don’t take the time to draw the heart, my mom says the coffee tastes “kind of meh.” [As a side note, this was done as a blind study – for lack of better words – because I make the coffee while my mom’s down in the basement feeding our kitties.]

In the process of putting the coffee away, I’ve also been doing a quick little “divination” activity. When I’m putting the spoon back into the coffee can, I drop the spoon into the grounds. If the spoon sticks straight up in the grounds, I tend to have a smoother day. However, if the spoon doesn’t stand up straight, I take that as a sign that I need to focus more so that I can make my day go as smoothly as possible.

Throughout the day, when I was in need of a little pick-me-up, I took a break from work to go downstairs and make a cup of tea. I made sure to take the time to do the tea blessing from the Spells8 site and use a cinnamon stick to stir in whatever intentions I want to put into my tea at that moment.

I’ve also made some magickal cocktails – mainly margaritas because they’re my favorite drinks.

Part of me wants to go into more detail, but part of me is also starting to feel like I’ve reached the point in my practice where I start becoming more secretive. Now that I’m starting to really tailor my spells/potions/rituals/etc. to fit my personal beliefs/practice, I feel kinda… weird? sharing too many details. Plus my post is already a lot longer than I intended it to be :eyes: (That, and it’s 23;00, and I’m usually sound asleep by now because I am DEFINITELY not a night owl :sweat_smile: haha)

I really enjoy the catch-up challenges, and I enjoyed taking the time to reflect on the two I chose for this catch-up! :smiley: I’ll try to remember to edit this post and add some links and things, and to see if I can get at least one pic of my little plants to upload.

Blessed be, everyone :green_heart::sparkles:

11 Likes

My 2nd catch up challenge is for the creative crafting badge. I collect stones and crystals but I also like making simple bracelets which I give away (they are not expensive to make). I like to think about the recipient when making them. For example, I was tutoring a 7th grader who found it difficult to pay attention in class. So, I made her a bracelet with fluorite beads (focus). I made my son a bracelet with tiger eye (courage) and black jasper (protection). I often incorporate freshwater pearls (sincerity). Everyone seems to like rose quartz (unconditional love) and amethyst (intuition). I like them all but especially green and pinkish unakite (emotional healing) and multi-colored fancy jasper (calming). I sometimes put the finished bracelets in the moonlight to “charge.”

12 Likes

The heart in the coffee is the sweetest thing ever :slight_smile: I loved hearing how you incorporate magic in your daily routines. Really very cool!

10 Likes

Can I just say, you are all so intentional in your practice and it is truly inspiring! I’ve loved reading about all of your challenges.

10 Likes

Wow! It sounds like you are destined to be a Guide, all right! I thought this was a VERY interesting post. I am excited for you and your workshop. That is a very kind way to share your gifts :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I can’t wait until I have access to a piano again- although who knows when that day will be! :laughing: Will do- thanks @Christina4! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Once again, beautiful job on your Veil Between Worlds challenge entry, @IrisW! :clap::two_hearts:

No worries and so stress, @MeganB! You’re absolutely right- a catch-up challenge runs every 10 challenges (2.5 months), so the next one is never too far away :grin::+1:

Beautiful, @wasantha! Congrats to you on your first spell- that is so exciting! :partying_face: :heart: If you have any questions, feel free to give a shout. I’m cheering for you! :raised_hands:

Great job on the Potion Making challenge and Inviting Abdunace challenge, @NickWick! Bravo- the potion mixture, your chant, and the money spell you cast are all beautiful- may you always be blessed with good hair and an abundance of funds! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely magick! :sparkling_heart:

Thank you, @Amethyst! Hopefully someday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much, @Liisa! Not sure when it will be, but I’d love to share the complete piece someday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bravo on your entry to the Spell-ing Bee challenge, @mary25- beautifully done! :honeybee: :sparkles: You have a talent for crafting spells- all three of these are a treasure :pray::blush: Also wonderfully done with your creative crafting- such beautiful things! You are talented with both your words and your creativity :clap: Thank you so much for sharing your lovely magick and powerful spellwork!

Once again bravo for the Moon Goddess skin cream, @CelestiaMoon- it is a truly lovely recipe! :full_moon: This is a lovely entry for Fortelling the Future as well- I’m glad you had a chance to play with your Archetype Cards :flower_playing_cards: :blush: It sounds like Guide really wanted to be known- looks like your deck is very in tune with you! :grin:

Beautifully done, @Jewitch! :heart: Sorry the internet was being bad- I am sure your cute little seeds are thriving under your love and care! :seedling: I absolutely love tea/coffee potions- such a beautiful spell to trace a heart in your drink :coffee::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And nothing wrong with keeping aspects of your practice to yourself- it is your personal practice and you are free to work your magick however you please! :sparkles::grin:

10 Likes

Hello Witches!
I am so blessed to have this challenge :ear_of_rice: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Inviting Abundance
I love you all!!:heart::black_heart:
I decided to dive deeper into the temple of the archetype of being a “witch” with Hecate in her Garden. I was a part of the dark moon meditation and felt a deep connection to her so I have committed to getting to know her on a whole new level.
I purchased a book called Entering Hecates Garden. Here’s the author’s website. She also has a tube channel to get closer to her I will them here for you. I went ahead and did a spell and took a picture of it so if you are interested I have a picture of the spell for you.
Archetype of Witch
Initiation
You can go to Keeping her keys :key:
I feel drawn to witchcraft Hecate the Mother, Maiden, and Crone. She is about Magic, the moon, ghosts, necromancy, the crossroads, banishing, healing, underworld, and protection. The ironic thing is I felt a connection before, I had a pair of keys because I would like to hold the wisdom she has, therefore I wanted to learn her story it turns out she was just like me. I love her story and I felt connected to her because once I felt alone on a lonely island like her daughter circle she felt that her childhood was not happy. She like me was like a misfit! She wanted to be an “original witch” and claim it. I have been earning to be closer to diety and that’s why I picked this challenge. I learned circie was adopted like me. She had a troublesome voice and I am trying to change my story. I feel a stronger know! I always felt that I had a different perspective on life from the beginning. Circe turned a fair maiden Scylla into a monster. And for punishment, she turned her to a lonely island. Scyla felt abandoned and I know that feeling of being alone. Rather than feeling sorry for herself, she taught herself pharmakeia. To restrain me from the world around me I had to “tame the wild beast on the island, including :lion: lions, panther and wolves” She takes an opportunity to use the isolation to her full capacity! Like Cercie I use magick like a medicine for my soul. I dwell with her to claim my power. In isolation, she learns about the green world. I am little by little going in my backyard to hear the birds chirp and water my garden. I suppose I will learn more. There is a spell I did and I gave you a picture if you would like to try it to get rid of all the spiritual junk. I banished all of the garbage that I have held inside that people Inflict on me. And taking a deeper look within To correlate it to my challenge it calls to live my life in abundance.
I am Hecates chosen!
I am never broken,
I am Rising Stronger
I am Keepers of the keys :key:
I am a seeker of mystery
I am a practitioner of the craft
I am a Firewalker
Torch flamer
Flame throwers
Shadow Walker
Victorious
Dragon tamers
Bye Cyndi Brannen

Jeannie
Blessed be!
Witches

13 Likes

Beautifully done, @Jeannie1! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Those pictures are stunning- it sounds like you had a wonderful time working with Hecate. The Entering Hecate’s Garden book sounds like it is worth a read- thanks for sharing those links! You are truly Blessed by Abundance- great job! :sparkles::clap:

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to all for joining in the Catch-Up challenge- thanks again for sharing your beautiful magick! :sparkles:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :timer_clock: :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you Travel Witch,
If it weren’t for your tea Meditation I don’t think I would have dived deep. I think we should do more tea meditations based on diety so we can learn from each other. I’d like to thank everyone in the coven for sharing all their knowledge about her too. I love you all and all your wisdom we all share! We all have her keys and wisdom.
May all of you be blessed in abundance!
Thank you for this challenge!
Blessed be!

10 Likes

Whoa :flushed::star_struck: I can’t believe my eyes :eyes: :two_hearts: I love them ALLLLL!!! They’re beautiful :heart: you did a great job!!!

6 Likes

Gasps…I have that same coin with the darker color in the middle. Love your post!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Ooh I’ll be adding this to my book!!! Thanks so much!!! I’m dying to see how beautiful your hair must be!!! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Thank you for your sweet words @mary25 and @BryWisteria! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes