šŸ¤ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Into the Light

Warm greetings to all!

Bravo once again to the brave souls who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge- From the Shadows :black_heart:

With our inner demons faced and darkness put to rest, itā€™s time to move out from the shadows and into the light :white_heart:

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge cleanses away any lingering darkness from last week and isā€¦

:sun: :white_heart: White Magick :candle: :rainbow:

White Magick goes by many names and encompasses many different aspects of magick. It can also be called ā€œNatural Magickā€, ā€œLight Magickā€, ā€œHollistic Magickā€, and ā€œGood Magickā€.

White Magick is usually seen as the opposite of harmful magick (magick casted with the intent to bring harm to others- often called ā€œBlack Magickā€).

White magic has traditionally referred to the use of supernatural powers or magic for selfless purposes.[1][2] Practitioners of white magic have been given titles such as wise men or women, healers, white witches or wizardsā€¦ Pagans believe that Black Magic seeks the selfish advancement of an individual. In its most hateful aspect, it is vindictive and destructive. They believe that White Magic pursues the ethics of kindness and goodness.

[From Wikipedia: White Magic]

While different witches will have their own opinions of how different types of magick apply within their own personal practices, the concept of White Magick as being a beneficial and healing type of magick is generally accepted by all.

This weekā€™s challenge is all about exploring White Magick and how you can use it in your magickal practice :white_heart:

Are you ready? Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE time! :bellhop_bell:

PART 1 : Wholesome White Magick :sparkles:

White Magick is a general term- any magick cast with good and wholesome intent can fall under this category!

Here are just a few suggestions of how you could practice White Magick this week:

[ [ :adhesive_bandage: Healing Magick ] ]

Also called ā€œHollistic Magickā€, Healing Magick is a branch of White Magick focused on health and healing. It doesnā€™t have to be a physical problem- emotional pains are just as deserving of healing energies!

You might cast to ease pain, cure ailments, or bring relief to yourself or a loved one.

All-Purpose Healing Salve
All-Purpose-Healing-Salve-recipe-360x240

Healing From a Distance
3ef29c801531dbe3bbe54767933df299518c9ba6_2_894x750

Healing Spell and Prayer
Healing-Spell-SilverBear-thumb

Healing Meditation
Promote-Healing-Meditation-Online-Course-400x270

[ [ :sun: Natural Magick ] ]

The rich greenery of the world flourishes with life thanks to the light of the sun.

Green Magick and Natural Magick (magick in harmony with the natural world) are wonderful types of magick that fall into the White Magick archetype :blossom:

Magical Plant Infused Oil
Magical-Plant-Infused-Oil-Recipe-thumb

Green Witch Magic Grimoire
Green-Witch-Printable-Grimoire-Pages

Calming Herbal Bath
Calming-Herbal-Bath-DIY-Recipe-360x240

Uses for Herbs and Their Substitutions in Spellwork
All-Purpose-Herbs-Substitution-Witchcraft-360x240

[ [ :candle: Light Magick] ]

Brighten your space and illuminate your desires by using the powerful element of Light.

Pure Light Cleansing Spell
House-Spirit-Karma-Cleansing-Spell-360x240

White Candle Spells
White-Candle-Spells-360x240

[ [ :first_quarter_moon_with_face: Light of the Moon] ]

The moon will be filling up in the sky over the coming days, growing stronger and brighter each night.

The waxing moon is a wonderful time to invite new energies into your life and seek an increase in positive blessings.

Consider working some Waxing Moon Magick to increase good energies in your life.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

[ [ā€¦ And More!] ]

White Magick is a vast and wonderful area to explore. Feel free to pursue wholesome and beneficial magick in whatever way calls to you! :white_heart:

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience for a Prize :writing_hand:

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About your experience with White Magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, May 18th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-05-18T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Of joy and success, happiness delight! May wholesome magick fill you with light. The magick of healers reveals a true heart, your time with White Magick is about to start!

Blessed be! :white_heart::sparkles:

17 Likes

Oh, exciting!!

8 Likes

Yay! For this weeks challenge :heart_eyes: I was already planning a waxing moon ritual so it fits perfectly :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Thank you for the challenge @BryWisteria , whoever it was that sent quotes about C.G Jung, I searched him up and found ton of quotes which could help me out a lot of it too,

Blessed Be,
Margaret

8 Likes

Out of darkness comes the light!
This is great! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Let the lite shine :sparkles:

Jeannie

9 Likes

I am on this train for sureā€¦ really excited for this week challenge. Brain storming :thinking:

8 Likes

Glad you think so @MeganB! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ohhh that does work out perfectly- wishing you a very blessed Waxing Moon Ritual, @Liisa! Enjoy :waxing_crescent_moon: :sparkles:

You are very welcome, @Anne2! :blush: I believe both @Silverbearā€™s recent post on What is Our Shadow Self and @MeganBā€™s Shadow Discovery challenge entry explore the works of Carl Jung. Enjoy your new knowledge- may it help you overcome your shadows and find peace in the light! :candle::heart:

Cheers to that, @Rowan! :grin: Glad you think so! :two_hearts:

Beautiful quote, @Jeannie1- so mote it be! :pray::heartpulse:

Wonderful, @NickWick! Iā€™m looking forward to seeing your creative mind and beautiful magick shine brightly :sparkles::blush:

10 Likes

Have to think about this one. There are so many ways this challenge can be approached!

EDIT: I think I know what to do now. A road opener spell to figure out where to go in my love life.

Iā€™ve looked at the spells on this site, but are there any others I could try?

10 Likes

I just did this challenge. First, I did the ā€œEasy Ritual with a White Candleā€ā€¦where you wash your hands with the salt water.
Then I did the White Candle Meditation.
It was kind of interesting for me. During the meditation, I saw a symbol of a star that I always drew since I was a child. It sort of looked like thisā€¦:sparkles:.

Does anyone know what this means?

13 Likes

Iā€™ve already shared the story of my friend that was so sick, therefore I wonā€™t repeat. I Can hear you all saying ā€œThank God.ā€
What I will share is that many years ago my oldest brother called and said the doctors found a lump on his wifeā€™s breast and they needed to do a biopsy. He was so frightened and we just talked for a long time. When we hung up I went to the sacred place where I kept my alter. I offered the prettiest of my hibiscus flowers and asked from the bottom of my heart to let her biopsy be negative. He had lost the love of his life and 1st wife quite suddenly a few years before. The man was just traumatized. I pleaded and begged. Jeez, I wept like a baby, finally I bowed at my altar and retired.
About a week later, he called me and told me that the biopsy was negative! Well, donā€™t you think I ran to my altar, dropped to my knees in gratitude. And told my Goddess, she was the best!!!

10 Likes

Not about light or white magic, but I wrote this poem when I was at school as part of a bird diary about blue titsā€¦ Reminds me of summer coming and brightness

Bold and bright
Little and light
Upstart bird
Eating all night
Ten caterpillars
Insects galore
Too Much! Time to snore

11 Likes

Thatā€™s so wonderful to hear!!! Iā€™m glad that everything worked out for the best!! :pray::purple_heart:

8 Likes

For this challenge Iā€™m working my way through the DY Witchā€™s Apothecary course, Iā€™m going to try my hand at a couple of the recipes, see if I can find something that soothes some of my aches and pains, and hopefully helps with my hay fever as I canā€™t take the antihistamines this year.

Also planning some meditation and waxing moon magickā€¦

9 Likes

Iā€™ve also started a new Book of Shadows this week having filled my first one.

That one I was printing and gluing in information and pages as I went in chronological order, so itā€™s like a story of the start of my journey. This Book of Shadows though is an A5 6 ring binder so Iā€™m going to try to organise things into sections so itā€™s more easy to use as a reference. Iā€™m not worried if I duplicate some of what Iā€™ve already put in my first Book Shadows in doing so.

9 Likes

For road opener spells aside from the Spells8 ones, I love the one by Magical Crafting on YouTube. The video is her painting and drawing the spell into her BOS. Itā€™s a road opener spell that really appeals to creative souls and art witches :art: :sparkles:

Congrats on your successful spellwork, @Christina4! :candle: :blush: As for the symbolism in seeing the star, it sounds like it may be a personal correspondence if it was something connected to your childhood. Perhaps exploring something that happened in the past will illuminate your future path :star2:

That is a very heartwarming story, @Garnet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am glad your Goddess listened to your selfless words and kind wish for your oldest brother. A very inspirational and hopeful experience! :sparkles: May your Goddess continue to watch over you and your loved ones :pray:

I love that poem, @IrisW! :bird: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The words make me thing of happy little birds jumping along, picking up their tasty snacks as they flit from here to there :blush: Thanks so much for sharing!

Wishing you the best of luck with the Apothecary course- I hope you can find some fun recipes to try! :woman_cook: Fingers crossed youā€™ll find the perfect one for your aches and pain. To fight allergies, Iā€™ve found local honey to be my favorite go-to cure :honey_pot:

Enjoy your coursework, Book of Shadows, and meditative moon magick! :waxing_crescent_moon: :two_hearts:

14 Likes

Thanks for recommending the link for Magical Crafting because I just watched about 8 of her videos in a row all because her voice was so soothing. She does a wonderful job at what she does!!!

7 Likes

I actually bought some local honey a couple of weeks ago and Iā€™ve been using it in the honey and ginger tea healing potion. Very soothing!

7 Likes

I did some divination work, per @MeganB ā€™s suggestion, using a pink candle on whether or not I should pursue a relationship with Josh.

After cleansing my space with rosemary, I cast a circle, sprayed myself with dragonā€™s blood perfume, and invoked the elemental dragons to protect me. I also invoked Aphrodite and offered her a bowl of red rose petals and leaves sprinkled with rosemary.
I then took my cauldron and let the wax from the pink candle drip into the water.

The shape was interesting when I took it out. I donā€™t know how long I spent staring at it, but after a while, I decided that the shape reminded me of the buttes of Monument Valley in Utah and Idaho.

It took me a day to figure out how Monument Valley could possibly be the answer to my question. I couldnā€™t find any negative meaning behind this. I have few memories of my familyā€™s trip out west when I was 5 or 6, but I still remember Monument Valley with its towering buttes and its warm colors. I long to go back there someday.
Iā€™m not a fan of the desert landscapes of Arizona and Utah. I prefer the forests and lush greenery of the east. But I can make an exception with places like Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon.
Perhaps this means that if I pursue this relationship, Iā€™ll see that itā€™s actually something thatā€™s beautiful.

10 Likes

I completed the DIY apothecary course last night and all the recipes are in my freshly started second Book of Shadows in their own section.

This Book of Shadows is an A5 6 ring binder so I can be more organised. The pages are like brown thick parchment type paper and Iā€™ve managed to find some matching dividers.

This afternoon Iā€™m going to practice so self love and have a bath with Ylang-Ylang, Lemon and Orange bath salts I got from a subscription box from The Wonky Broomstick in Glastonbury.

Iā€™m going to light some candles and follow the Magickal Bath Ritual provided and perhaps some meditation afterwards.

I also got these from MeganAndTheMoon on Etsy.

The Evil Eye witches bells Iā€™ve hung next to the front door for protection.

And this Witches Ball is also for protection and is hanging next to the window in my office.

This evening Iā€™m planning some moon magick but not decided on what yet so Iā€™ll post back later.

10 Likes