🕐 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Lol :smile: I’ve been there. But, they get done quicker than you realize. I’m actually not sure that I have 2 to catch up on now. I think there’s 1 MAYBE 2 that I can do. :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh PRAISE. Ever since moving, I’ve missed the challenges every week! It’s made me so sad! Very excited to catch up a bit. Thank you. :pray:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I went through mine & actually have 3 to catch up on. So I think I am going to do 2 this time & then 1 the next time. Going through them took time though. I had to print out the list of challenges & go through my badges looking for each 1. Phew!

9 Likes

I’ve got a fair few to choose from.

The first challenge I completed was Apothecarist I think and I believe I’ve done them all since then. So I’ve got a lot to choose from before that, except Witch of the Veil and Lunar Witch completed during the last catch up challenge.

Choices!

6 Likes

Yay!

It was a bit difficult to choose which ones, but I’ve decided to do:
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch Of The Veil

The first is perfect since Witch’s Thanksgiving is less than two weeks. I’ll probably write down 13 Things I’m Grateful For (though I’m sure I have more than that!).

I chose the second because I think the next catch up challenge won’t be until after Halloween/Samhain. Not sure what I’ll do yet. Maybe I’ll try using a Ouija board, but I’m doubting my mom will let me take theirs. :neutral_face:

9 Likes

1st Catch Up Challenge Entry

For my first Catch Up I have an entry for: :sparkling_heart: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Giving Gratitude

I feel that I needed to give some gratitude to Brigid for the healing & strength to get through the last few months. So I set up my altar with my Goddess Statue on a piece of Selenite, a White candle, some coins in my malachite trinket box shaped like a heart. (Coins are an offering for Brigid, the trinket box is where I keep them stored), With my Black Tourmaline, Labradorite, & Blue Apatite palm stones. My crystal turtles are behind her. Malachite, Tiger Eye, Labradorite, Sodalite, & Amethyst flip flops. The other crystals live on my altar with them.

11 Likes

I made a decision on my first catch challenge entry: :pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch

As many here know I’m a member of the English Law Society’s LGBT+ Lawyers Division Committee.

Today I attended an online appeal briefing hosted by Macquarie Pride with Kimahli Powell and Baroness Barker with a view to assisting LGBTQ+ people in Afghanistan in light of the dire situation (understatement: death) they’re facing under Sharia Law.

I’m not intending to make this a political post. But I decided to call on one my deities, Hekate, and focused her justice devotional prayer on asking for justice for LGBTQ+ people in Afghanistan.

My outside altar space felt right for this so I set up my statue of Hekate, a black candle, an offering of wine in my cauldron and lit some Dragon’s Blood incense (note to self, backflow incense cones aren’t designed for outside :rofl:) before reciting the devotional and adding an additional prayer for justice for the LGBTQ+ people of Afghanistan.

14 Likes

I’m excited to the catch up! Only joining recently, I have several challenges to complete! I have the perfect two picked out for this week as my patron Selene actually sent me a message this morning that she wants me to spend more time with her.

So I will be attempting to complete:

• Dealing in the Divine
  • Moon Magick

Now off to research and plan!!

11 Likes

Beautiful looking setting, @IrisW, and for a good cause! What a great idea!

7 Likes

ooo, I’m excited for this since i have so many to choose from! But since I just got some salt, I think i’ll do a protection or cleansing scrub with it and essential oils. I also became interested in Mayan deities, since I have Mayan ancestry, so I want to learn what I can about IxChel (I read she liked chocolate :laughing:)

7 Likes

I love your enthusiasm, @Princess_Tara! :raised_hands::heart: But like Siofra kindly pointed out, it’s best to pace it out with the challenges- too many all at once would likely be an overload. The limit of two is also for my sake as well, or I’d be tracking and assigning badges all week! :sweat_smile: But no worries about getting to them all, since there are periodic Catch-Up Challenges- lots of opportunities to dip back into old challenges :blush:

Wishing you the best of luck, @sarah29- have fun! :tada:

Choices, choices indeed @IrisW! It sounds like you found one that aligned really well with you- that is a beautiful dive into helping people in need. And a very gorgeous altar- it looks like you are enjoying the new outdoor casting spot! :blush: May Hekate help to bring justice and safety to the LGBT+ community in Afghanistan :pray::candle:

Nice choices, @Kasandra! Both perfectly timed challenges for the season- good luck and have fun! :party:

Beautiful work, @Susurrus- thank you so much for sharing your gratitude! And such a lovely altar as well! :sparkles: May Brighid continue to watch over and guide you in your path :fire::pray:

Wishing you all the best as you jump into your chosen challenges, @Amaris_Bane- enjoy! :sparkles:

A chocolate-loving deity who shares your ancestry definitely sounds like a worthy path to pursue, @Peaches- enjoy your dive into deities! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

For the Catch Up challenge, I chose to go with the Magic in the Dark Challenge: 🌑 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Magick in the Dark

I did the Goddess Protection Spell by the lovely @SilverBear

It’s to be done on a dark moon and after I got the correct words :joy: I could do it. But here’s my finished results:

Im Goddess Strong :muscle:

10 Likes

Beautiful, just beautiful!!! I love the cause or intent you chose to do your workings on!! They’re very strong and important events!!!

9 Likes

Hello @BryWisteria

I understand, but if you make it unlimited, then that would be a fun challenge for all. Please think about it. @anneshakargupta

9 Likes

My 2nd challenge this week is going to be :dove: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Earth-Friendly Witchcraft!

I thought I did this one, but it was over a year ago, so no harm in doing it again. Plus the 1 I have after this one is my last catch-up! So saving that for the next Catch Up Challenge as a special occasion.

9 Likes

I’m very glad that it’s only two at a time. I’d feel an immense amount of pressure if it was unlimited and its definitely not fair on @BryWisteria having to go through them all. You’d get a challenge badge just for handing out challenge badges :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh goodness so many challenges and so many possibilities. I suppose though for my entry this week I going to do the Magick in the arts Challenge and the Dream magic Challenge.

For the :art: art portion I couldn’t just choose one item because is since becoming a witch 9 months ago I’ve made so many things for my altar and space and as an artist all of my projects are like children, each special and beautiful in their own way. So I’ve put together a little album of my craft crafts:

This is a self love spell jar that I did a couple of days ago

Made out of popsicle sticks this crescent moon shelf is to display my crystals and gems

I got to let my artistic side out in other challenges by making travel altars

Cedar disc hand painted pentacle

My handmade scrying mirror

Candle holders I made from tree limbs my husband cut down

Chakra salt jar I made for the :salt: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Salty Spellwork

Both of my wands are homemade. The one with the howlite tip is a muscadine Vine and the climbing turquoise is a yellow dock stalk

And for the dream magic I made a dream pillow (I must’ve felt a catch up challenge approaching because as my court date this morning was creeping closer is had a significant amount of trouble going and staying asleep and I’ve been experimenting with astral travel and lucid dreaming so I put together a pillow with:
Sage, mugwort, wormwood, anise stars, juniper berries, hibiscus, dandelion leaf, clover, mandrake root, raspberry leaf, thyme, skullcap, valerian root, parsley chaparral leaf and I also included a few lily of the valley leaves, verbena, lavender and spearmint essential oil, a Chevron amethyst, rose quartz, citrine and apophyllite stone with a little pillow batting.

This pillow is no joke. It not only makes me sleepy within minutes but it also helps me stay asleep and actually it keeps me a little bit sleepy when I wake up (though that could be party from the human incubation that I’m doing at the moment too :joy:)

13 Likes

Beautiful spell pouch, @Christina4- it turned out lovely! You are truly Goddess Strong! :grin::new_moon: :sparkles:

If 55+ challenges were open all at once, I’m afraid it would be quite overwhelming indeed, @Princess_Tara :sweat_smile: But I always appreciate suggestions, so thank you for sharing the idea! :pray::heart:

You are amazing for all the challenges you’ve done and badges you’ve collected, @Susurrus- just a few more to go! :blush: Looking forward to seeing your Earth-Friendly Magick come to life this week :dove:

Lots of love to you @IrisW- thanks for your empathy! :hugs::two_hearts: Hahaha perhaps the work of assigning badges could earn a badge, but then that would just be more work of assigning badges to do :joy::+1:

You are a very crafty and creative soul, @phoenix_dawn- thanks for sharing the album of your lovely Art Witch talents! :art: Your sacred space is a gallery of both magick and art- it’s lovely to see! And you made such a gorgeous dream pillow as well- full of so many herbs and delights :sparkles: Great job and thanks for sharing! :heart:

11 Likes

I have decided what to do :slightly_smiling_face:
:salt: Salty Spellwork 2 – Imperium salis
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame

8 Likes

I love your creativity, mama!!! I’m glad that your getting better sleep!!! And I noticed that I payed for something I could have made:

Look familiar??? :grin: I knew I am had to have those!! Yours is better because you made it yourself!! Ya know!? Xoxo

10 Likes