🕑 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

Wow Jewitch that gave me goosebumps.

11 Likes

Awwe, thank you Crystal, that is so sweet.of you. :people_hugging:

10 Likes

Challenge Entry #2: The Magick of Sound

For my second entry, I wanted to tackle the Magick of Sound Challenge.

When I first began my practice, sound didn’t really play a very big role. As I began experimenting more, I realized that sound carries a lot of power, physically and spiritually. I have begun using different sounds for different purposes. For example, I clap to wake up energies and to drive away negative energy, almost as a way of cleansing. I use my singing bowl to have a tone to focus on for meditation. I listen to different music, chants, and sound effects depending on my intentions for my workings. When I want to enter an altered state to cross the hedge, I listen to drumming or forest sounds (crickets, cicadas, frogs, etc.).

Sound has become one of my most important “tools” in my magickal practice.

14 Likes

Challenge Entry #3: Natural Health & Healing

The third challenge I wanted to reflect on this week is the Natural Health & Healing Challenge.

:warning: Disclaimer: I do not want to go into too much detail for safety reasons, nor am I encouraging you to consume plants of any sort. Always do thorough research before consuming any plants, and do not consume anything until after you have done your research and are 100000000% sure you have correctly identified the plant. Do not give any plants to others without their informed consent. Seek proper medical attention for any and all health concerns you have. :warning:

Over the past year or so, I’ve been trying to learn more about herbalism and have been incorporating what I’ve learned. I enjoy learning about the properties of plants that are growing in my own backyard. I have become particularly attached to mullein (Verbascum thapsus) and mint (Mentha spp.).

When I became sick with a terrible cold, I made tea with mullein, mint, and several other plants I found in my yard and got over the cold more quickly than I have ever gotten over any cold previously in my life. Since then, my interest in learning more about natural health has grown tremendously, and I am taking classes through Herbal Academy.

I have also been doing meditations with herbs and plants based on the Herbal Communion Spell by Astrea Taylor on the Spell-a-Day portion of Llewellyn publishing website.

Again, make sure you’re doing extensive thorough research prior to consuming any plant.

14 Likes

My challenge-entry is for a recent challenge that I could not do because I was sooo new. This is for Sacred Books! I am so pumped to be able to participate now that I have something to share!

:mirror:I began my Book of Mirrors shortly after I joined Spells8. I think I bought it at Michael’s. It’s pretty plain, but there IS a sparkle to the cover :sparkler: Thus far, I have set it up into this structure:

1. Chronologically
  2. Day, Date, Moon Sign with sketch, Moon Phase with sketch
  3. I write anything of note magickally as well as how I am feeling physically, emotionally etc.
  4. Goals/plans for the next day or few.
  5. I recently began to pull an oracle card (I have a Celtic Goddess deck) each evening, and I am recording it on the back of my daily page: Who the Goddess is, what she represents, etc.) That way I can start to learn them all, and track any correspondences.
    Here are some images to illustrate:

:magic_wand:I just started my BOS recently. I wasn’t sure how to get started, but actually looking at what coven members shared during the challenge helped me shape what I wanted. (For now, anyway!) I have a tiny binder where I write and draw BOS stuff. I also got a mini-printer that I LOVE!! I have rheumatoid arthritis and some tremors that make handwriting sucky for me, (note the handwriting on the Book of Mirrors pic :crazy_face: )so this way I can do both quickly and easily ! I don’t have enough content yet to have sub-sections, etc. but I do make note of the ideal moon phase for each working. Once it gets “fuller”, I will do some categorizing (my teacher skills are on point when it comes to that!)
Here are some images that incorporate some of those “styles” with basics I learned from Spells8 that are part of my BOS. :snowflake:

That’s it for now! :snowflake:

14 Likes

Challenge Entry: Catch Up!
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch

I decided now is the perfect time to harvest some of my herbs and dry them!

I harvested mugwort, holy basil, catnip, rosemary, oregano, thyme and lemon balm

I gave Turbo a large catnip leaf. He’s never been a big fan of dried and hadn’t had a fresh one before. Took him a bit to warm up to it and pow… goofy rolling kitty! :laughing:

15 Likes

I have 6 kitties outside, I’m afraid catnip has NO chance of survival. :rofl:

:goat:

10 Likes

For my very first challenge, I have decided to start at the beginning! I have chosen:
Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Trying Something New!

Looking forward to trying something new in my practice and sharing.

I am thinking I may try Cauldron Gazing for the first time.

9 Likes

That wand is absolutely gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I also work with the Egyptian Pantheon!

9 Likes

I am also an avid Sims player since it came out!

8 Likes

Challenge Entry 1 - Deities of the Moon ☽
with the Badge Blessed by the Moon

All my childhood I’ve been dreaming of becoming Moon Princess :crescent_moon: :crown:, might have been the influence of Sailor Moon anime that was popular at that time. But years have passed and my love and devotion to the moon as a celestial object has not subsided.
After getting my first computer and access to internet I studied hard - the Greek Mythology, Moon goddesses in other religions and the influence and power of the Moon.
It calls me…
I started worshiping Hecate, because of many symbols I got in my life.

I am relatively new to wicca and paganism, I am not sure it is, specifically, Hecate that protects my dreams and fills me with energy every day. That’s why I am ,overall, a Moon GODDESSES worshiper and have not selected a single Diety, yet, or maybe never will …because…
After reading the Challenge post I realised, I don’t have to… as Moon itself is a Goddess for me.
:waxing_crescent_moon: :first_quarter_moon: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:

This week’s offering for my Moon Goddess was watermelon. :watermelon:

13 Likes

Do you have specific deities that you work with?

9 Likes

Challenge Entry 2 - Wholesome Magick : Healers :mending_heart:
with the Badge Healer :sparkles:

My job in medical field has me constantly face death and sadness…
This ritual is helping me a lot. It also rises my blood sugar, giving me a feeling of happiness (that I need). Last time I drank the potion - I cried… :cup_tarot: :sob:

The other thing I do for healing my body and soul is Salt and Oils Baths with relaxing music. :notes:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry 3 :dagger: Altars - A Witch’s Sacred Abode:candle:
with the Badge Reverent Witch :place_of_worship:

What my Altar has?

• North - Salt in a white bowl, Cristals specific for my Sun sign :gemini: (Citrine, Carneol, Tiger’s Eye, Pink Quartz, Pink Agathe, Amethyst pendant), Grey Candle with salt imbued in it.
  • South - Candle in a Jar (no smell) [incoming Cauldron and a bowl with ashes]
  • West - A Jar with Moon water, Blue candle, Seashell [incoming Chalice]
  • East - Incense, Pink Candle, Key. [incoming Wand and maybe feathers]

Surrounded by my BOS, Tarot and Oracle Cards and my Books on Runes, Astrology, Mandalas and other Wicca. With my Pseudo Cristal Ball, that actually contains some materials for decorating the BOS.

11 Likes

Challenge entry- sea witch

I did a sea shell :shell: listening spell by @silverbear I lit the candles white to replace orange I took the sea shell to my ear listened for the ocean and I chanted “ I will listen to more than words I will hear more than sounds heeding both what’s said and what is not as clarity bounds “ then I let the candle burn out so mote it be. :ocean:

9 Likes

Challenge entry- amulets and talismans

I found myself in liminal space today at 7:00am it was still out the moon on one side and the sun on the other so I took this moment to use both energies to consecrate my new talisman from blessed be magick I took palo Santo and passed my talisman through the smoke to cleanse it then i lit a candle and put the necklace beside it and let the necklace take in the energy of the candle as it burned down. I chanted “ I consecrate this necklace from all negativity and take in the power to keep me safe from harm”. So mote it be :sparkles: :crystal_ball::butterfly:

10 Likes

Beautiful Crystal! The pearls are a nice touch! :oyster:

May your beautiful necklace keep you safe from harm! :nazar_amulet:

I have a candle just like that on my Hekate altar. Lol!

8 Likes

Challenge Entry #3

Heed the Call of Crystals

This entry was completely unplanned. My crystals were calling me this morning. I had ordered some crystal confetti a few months ago and have been meaning to look the crystals up that were included, but I never got around to it. With the crystal confetti there are alot of crystal chips, but there are also regular size crystals. I looked up the crystals with an app called Rock Identifier.

The first confetti group is Third Eye and these are the crystals: (I keep these on the nightstand by my bed for prophetic dreaming).
• Fluorite
• Bornite
• Rainbow Hematitie
• Aura Quartz
I put the chips in small bottle and labeled them.

The second confetti group is Abundance. (I keep these on my Lakshmi Altar).
• Green Jasper
• Citrine
• Aura Quartz
• Opalite

The third confetti group is either Fairy Garden or Midnight Garden, I can’t remember which and I didn’t put the tag with it thinking I would remember. I purchase both, but missing one. Hmmm, they may be in the garden out back. Anyway, these are the crystals:
• Clear Quartz
• Black Tourmaline
• Blood stone
• Tigers eye
• Sodalite
• Goldstone
• Black Agate
• Hematite
• Larvikite
• Falcons eye (a type of tigers eye)
• Pyrite
• Rainbow Moonstone

9 Likes

Thank-you @BryWisteria for opening this up! I am learning so much from everyone’s entries! :snowflake:

This is sooo close to home for me! I inherited my Grandma’s button boxes -we used to spend hours stringing them and unstringing them on rainy days -I 100% will now choose from them for different witchy purposes -they are so imbued with generations of childhood memories!

I have to wonder if in some ways this type of intuitive work is actually MORE powerful than other ways of working -but so difficult to do without the right energy -and helper!

I love the images of these skulls in the rain -so beautiful!

Omg! What a great idea! I am going to check out @silverbear’s instructions and do this.

I love your beautiful wand -I had one that didn’t feel natural to me that I made, so I have also been using my finger -glad I am not alone there :grinning:

Same! I enjoyed learning about these -thank-you!

I have this problem as well -I attended a guided past life regression session at my local witchy store, and found it far easier in that setting. I had some similar experiences to you -I learned most of my past lives involved running for my life.

11 Likes