šŸ•’ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

Challenge Entry

Knot Magic :thread:

So, I had these from a while ago, but wasnā€™t in the right frame of mind for how I wanted to put them together.

I put together my own meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: beads. I used blue & yellow Tigerā€™s Eye beads & small silver spacers.

I also used a thin wire folded in 1/2 to make an open needle to get them onto the string.

I tied a knot in 1 end of the string then thread a spacer on with 3 yellow Tigerā€™s Eye beads after with a knot after them. I repeated this 2 times.

I tied the knot & then did 1 blue Tigerā€™s Eye 1 spacer 6 times & a knot at the end of those. I then did the 3 yellow Tigerā€™s Eye with 3 spacers, 3 more times with a knot after each set of spacers. I tied the final knot then I put 18 silver spacers & another knot.

With the portion that is 18 silver spacers, I made a small loop with them & tied a double knot to keep it there. I used a dot of glue to kind of hold the last knot. I put another dot of glue on the first double knot.

I will use these for strength & grounding when Iā€™m definitely in need of it: anxious, stressed, combination during meditation. Usually with my meditation beads afterward I hold them for a while looped around my finger as I get through things. Once I canā€™t do that I put them in my little pouch I carry with specific items for whatever it is I need to help me through my day :hugs:

I remembered to take a picture as I was making them, about 1/2 doneā€¦ then finished & put them away to eat :plate_with_cutlery: but because my hamds no longer work with me all the time, they actually took me a lot longer to make than I expected or than it would take anyone else :laughing: So I had to rest my hands after I put them in my room & then eating.

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
Wholesome Healers

Iā€™m always coming up with little remedies or using ones Iā€™ve picked up from here and there. I have made a few over the past few and here is a list of some of my favorites

:sparkles: Vinegar on a sunburn
:unicorn: Mud on a bee sting
:rose: Thick baking soda paste for stings or bites
:leaves: A drop off clove oil on an ingrown toenail before I attack it
:black_cat: A drop of clove oil on a cavity or abscess
:hibiscus: Clove oil, maximum 2 drops, for teething
:peacock: Coconut oil, a couple drops of tea tree oil and several drops of clove oil applied lightly to a bruise helps with the pain and faster healing.
:dizzy: Coconut oil, a few drops of tea tree oil and a couple drops of lavender oil.

I made that one as a possible eczema treatment but after surgery one of the incision sites hurt and itched really really bad so I decided to put a tiny bit of coconut oil on it. I accidently grabbed the skin ointment. It felt so good and it looked so much better by the next day. I decided to use it on just that one as an experiment and it healed faster and the scar is lighter.

I made the same mistake with horrible chaffing on my granddaughter. I make it light on the oils, luckily, and in a desperate hurry I didnā€™t notice the faint smell. Sheā€™s chubby and has rolls at the top of her leg, 2 of them made a deep crease and my daughter didnā€™t notice so it was never cleaned. It was horrible, raw, gunkyā€¦ I literally cried when I saw it and my husband yelled at our daughter that night at a volume as close to his Drill Instructor voice that Iā€™ve heard.

When I realized what Iā€™d done I scooped her up and headed for the sink then I realized that she not only stopped crying but was actually smiling. Amazingly it looked significantly better by the end of the night

14 Likes

I love this. You are so creative. I canā€™t wait to let myself out of my shadow box and bring my creativity back. Itā€™s a lot. I had no idea about shadow.(but that Iā€™ll save for when I learn more. And on another post) But Iā€™m actively trying everyday . My grandma taught me to put meat tenderizer and water, mix in a paste and apply to stings. It does work. Iā€™mma definitely save your post. Thanks for sharing. Very :sunglasses: cool my friend :smiling_imp::angel:

12 Likes

Challenge entry 3

Tomorrow starts my work week and I needed to recenter and expel negative energy to start the week off right! I did a New Moon bath ritual and listened to a wonderfully peaceful playlist. :relieved::bath:

14 Likes

Excellent job on this Challenge! I am going to look up your Moon app as the Moon has suddenly become intriguing to me. I wanted to make Moon Water last week with my sonā€™s girlfriend, but her son became quite ill. Maybe over the weekend.

Mote It Be
Medea

14 Likes

For Ghost and Spirits
I made a alter for my dad who recently passed, and he made a car out of wood in prison, and anyhow, his ashes are here, and I just put some trinkets that he had up on the altar to remember him. Unfortunately, I didnā€™t really time to do more.

These are some of his things he loved!
For the Witchy Challenge of Besoms I chose to honor my Tree Topper that has a magical broom that is sacred to me!

For the Witchy Challenge of the Divine Feminine
this is a spell that I did that cosmic curiosity and Alan suggested, and I am devoting my time tonight to Isis and for 14 days I am going to pray to her for healing and to pick up the lost pieces along the way! Helping me to heal from the pains of my grief and pain.
I put a coffin down and laid 14 different crystals inside and used a green cloth in binded all Any profane! The green cloth represents prosperity! I will work on the loss and grief praying for healing for - 14 days and I will journal. journal
Thank you Alan Cosmic Curiosity for this spell and most of all are beloved Isis! I just need to find the link :link: for Statue of Isis: Iā€™m feeling unsureyou guys!

Thank you to all the post all of the entries!
Love and Light
Jeannie

16 Likes

Thank you @Devenne I think itā€™s something Iā€™ve always done. I had a memory flash of making a mixture to help my bio mother, I was probably around 6. It had leaves from something in the garden,bmost likely dandelions and probably marigolds. She always had marigolds and I have flashes of dandelions at lot, I think I put them in everything :laughing:

12 Likes

I love this. Today i am on day 11. Three more days before Osiris cab be uncovered and thus reborn. I am pleased to see you ise this to connect further to Isis. May it bring peace and blessings.

13 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Blessed Besoms - ENTRY #2

Why do witches have brooms?
The broom is used to open the sacred space, drawing a circle almost as if it were a compass. It has the function of protection, purification or attraction. It is often placed next to the front door, outside or inside to manifest different purposes. If the sorghum is facing upwards, it indicates protection, if placed downwards, on the other hand, it eliminates heavy energies.

ā€œAs in heaven so on earth, as above so belowā€ reads the emerald table. This statement indicates a natural law according to which everything follows a specific order that is repeated at every level of existence in a sympathetic way. The broom is used, in everyday life, to clean the house, remove dirt, and take it away. Here then, even on a mystical level, its task is the same: to clean the environment or people from dirt. To do this, the sorghum, of course, must be placed downwards. The fact that the sorghum is facing upwards to indicate protection reminds us of the image of a maid chasing away a victim with the sorghum.
In order to be used as a magical and ritual object, the broom must be consecrated and activated. It is possible to do this with sacred (or blessed) water and fumigation with specific purification and protection herbs. Subsequently, the wood will be activated with a special oil through which to charge it also with our intentions. At that point, it can be presented to the 4 elements and directions.

The Broom As a Fertility Tool
The broom is indeed a phallic symbol, but according to Judika Illes, itā€™s both male and female. The stick is the male of which is inserted into the twigs/plant matter, which is representative of the female. Interestingly, a slang term for a dildo centuries ago was a ā€œbroomstickā€. And to have intercourse it was said you were ā€œriding the broomstick.ā€ Some traditions claim witches anointed their broomsticks with flying ointments and inserted the broomstick into their vaginas. This topical ointment contained hallucinogens which resulted in witchā€™s visions of ā€œflyingā€ or potential astral projection. This could also be the origin of the phrase getting ā€œhighā€

How to Make Your Besom:
ā¦ Gather your materials.
ā¦ Set the mood with incense and music.
ā¦ Start by tying the raffia/twine around the bottom of the stick a few times, hot gluing it in place, and leaving the ends loose to tie around the plant material.
ā¦ Take 5 or 6 pieces of plant material (or more) and place it circularly around the stick, then wind the raffia/twine around it a few times (use the hot glue to adhere the raffia/twine to the plant material). During the process, visualize purification in the form of white light radiating from your besom stick and bristles.
ā¦ Then repeat the last step by placing more plant material over the others and then tying the raffia/twine around it.
ā¦ Repeat until you feel your besomā€™s bristles are full enough. Then push the loose raffia/twine under the last few loops and tie it tight. You can hot glue the raffia down again, if youā€™d like.
ā¦ Now decorate your besom with ribbon and charms, if you feel called to do so.
ā¦ Hold the besom between your hands and close your eyes. Visualize using the besom for purifying your sacred space and dedicate the besom in the name of your god/ancestors/universe, etc.

You should NEVER sweep on a Monday, else you sweep all your money away! Also, never sweep at night, lest you disturb the spirits who walk the floors while a homeā€™s human inhabitants sleep. ~ Scott Cunningham, The Magical Household.

Source

Find out ā€œWhy do Witches have Brooms?ā€ (Symbolism)

The Witchā€™s Broom: Magic for Everyone - Llewellyn Worldwide

Witchā€™s Broom: A History, Uses & How to Make a Besom

What Does a Magical Broom Over the Door Mean? ā€“ Spells8

The Witchesā€™ Broom and its uses - B.M.W

13 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to all of the challengers this week- what a wonderful assortment of magickal workings! No matter which area(s) of magick you explored and put on display for your Coven this week, thank you so much to everyone who jumped in to partake in the 170th challenge! :clap: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :clock3: :sparkles:

9 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The ā€œProps and Presentsā€ award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Award Post for the 170th Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge(s) :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

10 Likes

Spell Jars and Witches Bottles -
I created my first spell jar ā˜† - Happiness :blush:
Ive loved learning about this topic! Its so interesting and diverse and creative.

14 Likes

I love how you incoperated the crystals! It turned out perfect :100:
I should try this one too! I just want to be Happy!
So mote it be!
Jeannie

12 Likes

@carrie13 That sounds so nice right now. I need to take some time soon for another cleansing bath a.s.a.p. The glow of the candles looks so relaxing. Cleansed, free, and weightless.

@Jeannie1 I am so sorry for your loss. Iā€™m sure heā€™s smiling down. Sending you so much love honey! Thatā€™s a great thing, you should be proud. Lots of healing light and hope sent your way. Thatā€™s a very nice set-up to honor your father. Isis was one of my possible interests. But I have a few so far.

@nicola6 Congratulations :tada: on your first spell jar. I have the jars and am very interested in making jars myself. But the jar I saw to make had all this stuff I donā€™t have like cypress oil rosemary oil and white bark. Lol.

13 Likes

You can always make substitutions! You donā€™t have to follow a spell exactly. Make it your own! Look up correspondences for cypress and find another herb that has the same correspondences. You can make your own oils. Iā€™m sure you could find how to make them online and itā€™s easy! Be confident in yourself :hugs::star2::heart:

11 Likes

Thanks for reminding me @Sivonnah . Ill think that I can substitute but then when I look at the spells with things i dont have Iā€™m unsure. I was thinking earlier, that until I can get to a library to print the PDFs out. I should write down all the herbs in one place and study them.

10 Likes

For me I finally got meditation down but the extra step and writing things has been a great pain! I know how beneficial it is to write :writing_hand: and believe I can itā€™s just staying focused on me and I know in my heart I will grow and Renew into the light I desire in my life! The darkness is always been a friend of mine but itā€™s time to be balanced allowing the light to reside in me is what I need.
Happy Renewal
Jeannie

Iā€™m thinking about drawing I picture like I did for Hecate and learning some epithets would be nice :blush:
I like the mythology tied around isis and to be honest I grew up in a catholic home :house: but I am reprogramming my conditioning and remain a pagan.
I like that we can try other Gods and Goddesses! We have them on our side thatā€™s absolutely amazing! Iā€™ve always been the black sheep and I believe I am learning to share my wisdom with other people that have similar traumas and help others recover and be reborn again!
Love and light
Passion, Kindness and integrity is most important!
Jeannie

11 Likes

I understand being the black sheep. It is really cool that we can choose many at different times and not be exclusive to one. Itā€™s nice. I always felt like my calling is helping others also.

11 Likes