Statue of Isis: I'm feeling unsure

I just bought a gorgeous statue of Isis and I’d like to offer it as a gift to her but isn’t their a ritual or something else I have to do??? Lol I feel silly for having to ask but that’s what a coven is for!!!
Thanks for any help in advance!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Congrats on your new statue!! Does she look like this??

My advice is first to learn as much as you can about Her. For example, Isis is her Greek name but the ancient Egyptians called her Aset (or Auset). Her name translates to “Queen of the Throne”.

She was both the protector of women and the bringer of magic. Isis began as a secondary figure to her husband Osiris, however after thousands of years of worship, she was transformed into the Queen of the Universe and the embodiment of Cosmic order. By the Roman period, she was believed to control the power of fate itself. - Source

You could also place the statue on an altar to Isis with offerings for her:

• Drinks: Wines, milk, sweet drinks

• Incense and oils: sandalwood, lotus, red rose, white rose, jasmine, verbena, cinnamon

• Food: wheat, honey, almonds, peanuts, chocolate, coconut, orange, liqueur, lemon, grains, grapes, sweets

• Candles: Golden, red and pink

• Colors: Green, red, lilac, blue, gold and white

• Crystals / Stones: diamonds, gold, jasper, lapis lazuli, labradorite, moldavite, moonstone, rainbow obsidian, onyx, pearl, white and pink quartz, ruby, sapphire, hot or solar colored stones, carnelian, quartz green and precious stones

• Flowers: white, red and white roses, sunflowers, daisy, lily, carnation, lotus and cedar

Like you mentioned, you could bless your statue by chanting a prayer to Isis, or learning some of her epithets.

There are lots of ideas and correspondences in this website: Shehkemet - Isis

Hymn to Isis

“I call upon you, Isis, most graceful and high of the High Ones
Hear your lowly servitor and grant your blessings
Most full and gentle
You whose crescent moon and stars
Encompass the world”

Continues here

If you have a Christian background, there is a case to be made of Isis having a correspondnece to Mother Mary. Most things that correspond to Mary in Christianity also correspond to her, including the Hail Mary. Read more here: Isis and the Virgin Mary

11 Likes

Why not just sit and talk with her? Welcome her into your home. That sort of thing.

6 Likes

Congrats on your new statue, @Christina4! :sparkles:

Francisco and Kasie have both shared some great advice- I agree that getting to know Isis more through research and time with the statue are great ways to connect with Her!

As a good starting ritual, I also recommend the Isis Devotional for Healing Francisco mentioned above. It is a guided meditation, so you don’t have to think- you can sit in front of your situation and relax as you build your bond with Isis through your new statue.

Isis-Wiccan-Devotional-Prayer-Healing-750x500

Good luck and blessed be! :heart: :pray:

10 Likes

She looks similar but I posted pics somewhere on the forum. I’ll post another one. But thanks for the great info!!!

8 Likes

That works! I’ll give it a try.

8 Likes

Thank you!!! I did do the devotional. Things seem ok so far.

8 Likes

Here’s a pic of one of my altars that I need to tidy up.

10 Likes

Even prettier than I imagined! She’s in full color and spreading Her wings!

Perhaps make her a pedestal so that she’s rising above all the stones and other objects

7 Likes

She does rise above all other things on the altar.

9 Likes

Hi Christina,
Been awhile my dear friend, I love how well your alter turned out! I feel a deep connection to Isis and wanted to thank you for this post!

I am working towards a spell that cosmic curiosity and Alan had and for 14 days I am praying :pray: and am devoting some of my time to Isis! Thank you for sharing your wisdom!
Jeannie

9 Likes

I love your Isis statue! She’s gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Artemisa,
It is very beautiful and there’s so many I want! They have the bronze, wood and ceramic! So much there I can’t wait to get a new bee :honeybee: to the collection of Gods and Goddesses.
Jeannie

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 A beautiful Isis statue. I had one that I made on my own but the wing broke off…i took this as a sign that she was perhaps not happy with it.I have been gifted a new Isis statue.

I wrap the red linen around her each morning as the Egyptians dressed the statues in the temple each morning. I also cover her up at night.

9 Likes

Celestial Moon,
You have a gorgeous statue that is so powerful even if it was broken, it doesn’t matter because sometimes broken is good because then we learn our strengths and not allow weakness to evade our strengths!
In Japan I think they honor, brokenness and away like if you think of a vessel, that is broken it’s not garbage it will end up being used for Art :framed_picture: in the dirt etc ceramics despite the brokenness! I forget what they call it! Anyone Claireaudience here!?
Jeannie

8 Likes

Kintsugi, maybe? It’s the Japanese art of repairing things that are broken with gold. I believe part of the philosophy is that the things that make something unique are worth celebrating rather than hiding :blush:

7 Likes

I used glue then covered the crack with gold leaf. She is now above my bed so I have Isis on my altar and in my bedroom. I didnt think it honourable to throw it away.

8 Likes

Cosmic Curiosity,
I definitely feel that she is trying to get your attention and help you heal your wounds that need attention. Just because we have brokenness doesn’t mean we’re garbage. Maybe a piece of her is broken because you didn’t see your beauty with some part.
We are so complex and maybe she’s trying to get you to do the work nevertheless, I know recently you did some shawdow work. That being said she is giving you a hint to point towards your higher self and rebirth.

I believe that was a wonderful offering to honor her. She is so pleased with all your efforts!
Thank you for sharing your experience and story and wisdom!
:rose:
Jeannie

7 Likes

Bry,
You are clair- audience thank you I’m sure you were the one that shared this message to me once!
I’ll have to watch this video so I can never forget!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I think you’re right- I feel like I might have shared it before sometime in the past! It’s a wonderful artform with a really empowering message. I’m happy if you enjoyed seeing the video too! :heart: :hugs:

7 Likes