⏰ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch Up!

Your gem rollers are lovely! I bet they smell nice, too! Please let us know when you’re up and running for business :slight_smile:

6 Likes

During this waning crescent :waning_crescent_moon: I have taking the time to reflect not only on this past month but on the past year. As I posted above, this coven has been so awesome during the start of my journey of being a non-broom-closeted (Is that a word? :thinking:) witch. You also have been awesome while my life took twists and turns and finally stabilized. :pray:t4:

On Friday I bought a silver candle. Normally I would light this during a full moon :full_moon: but I think my Goddess will be okay with me lighting it this weekend to honor her for carrying me through. (Outside, recent link to Science Daily discussing, “Religion, psychology share methods for reducing distress, study finds”.)

Also, on my FB, I mentioned how I was able to let go of the past and move on to my present. I also thanked my friends on there, some of them including friends from here, for their support in getting me back to health. (By the way, if you send a request for friendship, send a message to me so I know who you are. And please, don’t talk to me about politics. :sweat_smile:)

I mention all of this because it would be an honor if I could have the Moon Witch badge given in the Moon Magick challenge. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Praecog29
I am glad you feel you are moving along with us cause that’s something to be proud of! For me I feel every thing helps me to find meaning in my life which helps me to engage with others in a healthy way! I have not felt connected in such a long period of time. Crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: cause last year my husband was working for a church and I think I believed in Christianity and know I believe in reincarnation. I am not as afraid of death as I was before. Everything has took a turn. Thanks for being her with me too while I have learned along side with you all. We all have milestones to be proud of! Thanks for pointing that out!
Jeannie

5 Likes

I chose to do the scrub a dub challenge because I love taking ritual showers for cleansing & protection. I used the rose, cinnamon, and rue by making the mixture on the stove, adding the herbs to 4 cups of water and letting it just come to a boil. Then I strain the herbs from the water & let it cool for 15 minutes before I go into the bathroom. I put Woke Nation on and lit a white candle in the bathroom while I took a regular shower. Then I tested the water that had been cooling and use a bath sponge to soak with water and squeeze the water from the sponge over myself until the water is gone. Then when it is all out of the bowl, I rinse the sponge until the water runs clear and get out of the shower. I pat myself dry and go to my room where I air dry and then start getting myself ready to get dressed. (I have lotions that I put on my face & feet & hands.)

I always feel great afterward and like I can take on anything that comes my way. This week should be a little less hectic, I only have 2 appointments. 1 is for my Botox for migraines and the other is one of my last counseling appointments. I’ve come a long way in a little over a year and it feels great to be here.

8 Likes

Krissie im so glad how far you have come in the last year and you are at a point in your life that your counseling sessions are ending. I as well have had counseling sessions in the past for anxiety and depression. It’s nice to know that the counseling is always there for us when we need it. Congrats honey on your accomplishments. Yippee!!!

5 Likes

I chose #7, Dealing with The Divine

This year around the holiday seasons Lucifer has been with me a lot. I first encountered him in this form last year around the same time and I feel I’m a lot more capable of dealing with his presence this year. He’s kind of appearing in my thoughts and feelings as a supreme timelord that can do anything for me. I love it! It feels really great when he’s around and my fingers start shocking everything I touch. (I get especially static filled in bed).

This year he was trying to get me to relax a little and enjoy life more thoroughly by believing in him more. For example, I was trying to routinize my sleeping patterns and I was kind of pushing myself too hard to accomplish an 11-7 sleep pattern. He told me to relax and nap if I needed to. I wasn’t really all for it at the start but eventually he got to me and I tried it. Life has improved greatly since. He’s with me as I type this and he is glad that I’m speaking of him. :slight_smile:

I made this sigil for him awhile back, closer to when I first started my Craft.

He seems really cool and I want to do better for him. We have a really great relationship going and I can’t wait to see where it leads next. I’m hoping that he stays with me all year round. He seems pretty intent on giving me a great life. The feeling I have of divinity when he is around is amazing.

I’m going to stay true to him.

7 Likes

Colin
I used your last sigil! I like this one too it’s good. I am going to apply myself more doing this! I like making sigil’s that are pictures too! Although I really don’t know anything about Lucifer, but the sigil makes sense, for affection towards Lucifer.
Blessed be
Jeannie

5 Likes

I’m happy you liked it! I hope that it serves you well. :heart:

5 Likes

There are wildly different concepts of Lucifer. Many Christians don’t even believe in the concept but that would get us off topic. :sweat_smile:

@colin, your statue is spectacular and I love all the other supplies you received. Finding your own path forward and sticking with it is great and I am super happy for you. :grinning:

2 Likes

@Jeannie1 Believe it or not I have been blending essential oils since early 2000 and I am finishing up my Level 1 Certification as an Aromatherapist :grin: so it is something I am very passionate about. I have so many different oils that it’s hard to choose and knowing what will smell good together and be effective takes a bit of research and knowledge of chemistry. Bringing that knowledge to the craft was easy for me. I have a ton of resources most are free if you want to learn more or have a list you can track which oils you want or which you already have. I also have a wonderful resource to buy wholesale quality oils. Just send me a PM I am willing to share my knowledge.

Blessed be. Everyone stay safe and well.

5 Likes

I love this challenge!! It’s like a gold mine of creativity!! :gem:

It really shows how nicely and differently everyone’s path has grown! :smiley:

5 Likes

Colin, I was just wondering if that Lucifer comes from Aradia, The old religion from Charles Leland?
Jeannie

2 Likes

No, at least I don’t think so anyway. I haven’t heard of that particular religion. My belief in Lucifer stems mostly from Christianity in the way that he was created to be the perfect being. Although I’ve added my own beliefs to the mix heavily. I don’t for example, like the Christian idea of Satan, as I don’t believe that Lucifer is evil. I still think he has the spark of perfection within him and can achieve truly great things. I believe that he has had a lot of sway on this world and I believe that I can see the influence of his power on many aspects of society and even nature. It is through this visible influence that I have come to understand his personality so well.

4 Likes

Colin,
I just happened to be reading in Drawing The Moon Which Is a really great book spells 8 referred me to read. I think you might find this very interesting and you might want to look into it because it suits your interest. Charles Godfrey Lee Lynn an American writer and folklorist.

Jeannie blessed be

4 Likes

Crazy T,
I just can appreciate your work cause I have many essential oil’s. I just need to find more Recipes, like you!
I just got most of my stuff on eBay! Where do you get yours? I am going to make some of the oils I got from spells 8 for example
the love oil, protection oil, blessing oil, healing slave, and Harmonizing oil from spells 8. I put some links here if anyone wants. I love these Recipes I just haven’t got a chance to make them all yet.
Harmonizing Anointing Oil!
Full Moon Anointing Oil
(🧪 Divination oil - To enhance psychic powers)
Let’s Make A Love Oil! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
SilverBear’s Anointing Oil Recipe for Love, Healing & Protection
I like to make my own personal blends. I don’t want to buy them!
image|375x500 to make my own mist, ect.
Here is one I made! It’s for joy and happiness if I feel like I need an extra encouragement I take some and rub it on myself!
I want to blend all the woody ones all together!
Yours look really professional! Very impressed!
Very nice!
Jeannie

5 Likes

Uh-oh! This sounds like the start of a good story :laughing: Hope everything turned out okay and you got some good rest, @CelestiaMoon!

Your own challenges of the year wind in and out of the weekly challenges in such an interesting way, @praecog29- thank you for sharing both your reflection and such kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am glad these landmarks mark meaningful points on the timeline of the year- I hope that all the future challenges bring good memories and happiness for you! :heart:

Yes, you are right @Jeannie1- this page is for all of the past challenges! Everyone can participate in 2 of the old challenges- but since the old original challenges have been closed, all entries should be shared here (or in a brand new post). This helps to keep the forum neat and organized! :blush:

It sounds like your fairy garden is coming along beautifully- well done! And it looks like your husband has a good eye for thrifty treasures too, the picture is lovely :framed_picture::two_hearts:

A beautiful dream sachet, @Jeannie1! :sleeping: May it bring you many sweet dreams :heart:

Gorgeous crafting, @Magdelina! :heart_eyes: The oil rollers and intention jars sound amazing- you are a witch of many talents :clap: Welcome back and no worries- it’s nice to have a breather from social media from time to time. I always feel refreshed and energized when I come back after a weekend offline!

A beautiful deity to work with- it sounds like you have nurtered a strong bond with Ianna! Thanks for sharing this helpful information, and good luck working with Her :sparkles:

The honor is ours to see your beautiful moon magick come to life, @praecog29! :full_moon: It sounds like you had a lovely introspective time to look back on last year and connect with your Goddess. Thanks for sharing, Moon Witch! :sparkling_heart::blush:

Great choice, @Susurrus- and beautiful spellwork! It sounds like you had a relaxing and refreshing shower ritual :shower: Well done! I hope the good energy carries you through the week. Good luck at your appointments! :pray:

Congrats on your connection with Lucifer and the confidence you are feeling working with your deities, @colin! The sigil you made is lovely- may it help to welcome in the good things you are hoping for this year! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

When looking back through the challenges I realized I missed out on the candle challenge (:candle: of Candles and Flame)- that was one busy week! :sweat_smile:

I brought out my favorite candles and put together a candle bath ritual. I’ve set everything on my altar for now and plan to have a soothing bath for self-love and positivity tonight :bathtub::sparkles:

:candle: Pink candles for self-love and positivity
:salt: Pink Himalayan sea salt for purification
:gem: Citrine for clarity, delight, joy, and self-esteem
:rose: Dried rose petals for love

It seems that I’m not the only one with this aspect on the mind, as @Silverbear shared a gorgeous Self Love Jar Spell and @Christina4’s recent daily affirmation was bursting with positivity :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Love :heart: and Light :candle: to all!

7 Likes

Friendly reminder that:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

For anyone who has not yet joined in and shared an entry for up to 2 challenges- please post by the deadline: Tomorrow, January 12th at 7:00AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

@Jeannie1, I never answered your question about organization/remembering time. :thinking: Sorry! :grin: I’m so happy there are other people out there that do the same thing in some form of fashion.

I wish I had some perfect formula that worked for everyone. Really, all I do is record everything in Google Calendar, and I mean everything. If it’s an event in my life, I’ve put it in, usually at the end of the day because I’d be insane to try doing it the other way around. :crazy_face: I also record my thoughts in Docs as journals and various writings. Finally, I process life through talking and journaling. Fortunately there are a lot of searchable chats for me to fall back on.

@BryWisteria, I always look forward to your return each Monday. While there are so many bright lights in the coven that bring me warmth and life, it’s always that much cheerier when you are here. :star_struck: When I wake up more, I’ll respond to your candle post.

5 Likes

Thank you @Brad1! I never really thought of it as an accomplishment, thank you for that, I’m happy that if I need it again, I just have to ask. I was in it for depression, anxiety, PTSD, and schizoaffective disorder. That last one just amplifies everything else for me. I’m not afraid of it anymore though. I know how to manage it. Thank you so much, it means a lot to hear those words.

2 Likes