🧭 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Celestial Exploration!

A very warm welcome to you, @laurie! :heart:

Thank you so much for participating in the challenge- I think this is a great way to get involved! :heart_eyes:

Ahhhh this sounds wonderful- How did everything go? Were you able to see the moon? :full_moon: Did the tarot readings reveal anything to you? :flower_playing_cards:

I hope you and your friends had a wonderful moon-gazing party and enjoyed the night! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I made moon water for the first time this month, and I looked up my zodiac information for the first time. I knew I was Aquarius but not everything else.

My sun sign is Aquarius, my moon sign is Virgo and my ascending sign is Libra. I was born in the Year of the Ox, and my primal zodiac sign is the Walrus.

I think I learned a bit about myself in reading the Walrus and Ox information so this was a nice challenge.

6 Likes

I was able to charge my bracelets for chakra unblocking :grinning:

6 Likes

Okay so, I’m not gonna lie - my plans fell through lol I ended up going to my sister’s house for July 4th celebrations and watched fireworks and drank too much :tropical_drink: I will still be decorating the glass bottle that I got, but it’ll have to wait to have moon water in it until next month :crescent_moon:

6 Likes

I found this book! It has lots of Astronomy experiments:

It also mentioned the Big Dipper and the Southern Cross so I made a post about the Southern Cross which as a South American is clearly one of my favorite constellations! :sparkles:

7 Likes

One thing I did - although prior to the challenge :laughing: - was looking up my Primal Zodiac, which I got to learn was a thing thanks to this post:

After learning that I was a Praying Mantis (Aries + Snake), naturally I sent the link to all my friends and made them check their primal zodiac too :joy: super interesting and lots of fun!

However, the main thing I have recently been working on in relation to celestial exploration is timing my practice better with the moon phases. While I have always done a Full Moon ritual, I’ve never before paid too much attention during which moon phase I did what kind of spell, etc. I especially appreciated the lesson on Moon Magic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :waning_gibbous_moon:

5 Likes

Blessed Be! How awesome, a quite a wonderful commemorative time! I caught this post late but I imagine you had a wonderful time!

5 Likes

I’m so glad you enjoyed your adventure deeper into your celestial identity, @Amethyst! :sparkles: I think the Walrus is a very cool (and powerful!) primal zodiac to have :star_struck:

Nicely done, @Katt! :prayer_beads::full_moon: You now have access to a lot of powerful moon energy to draw on- I’m excited to see the magick of your charged bracelets! :two_hearts:

Hahaha this sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate the full moon, @MeganB! :partying_face::full_moon: Full moons (especially the harvest moons come to mind) have historically been times for revelry and celebration. I hope you had a wonderful time with your sister and made many great memories! :grin:

Ooohhhh this looks like a very interesting book- nice find, @Francisco! :open_book::+1:. I really enjoyed your post on the Crux- thank you so much for sharing your wisdom! :sparkling_heart:

Hahaha perfect, ! :+1: The fun thing about the Primal Zodiac is that, because it combines both zodiacs, it feels more individual than either zodiac reading on its own- it makes it fun to compare with friends when everyone has a different animal! :laughing: What primal animals are your friends? Anything surprising, or spot on? :blush:

And that’s so exciting you’re delving deeper into moon magic! :first_quarter_moon::sparkles: Definitely let us know if you find a spell that goes nicely with a particular phase of the moon! :+1:

5 Likes

It was a bit of a chaotic weekend at the start, but I was able to make a simple bath mix of fresh rose petals and sea salt, in which I placed my traveler’s aventurine.

After letting the mix charge on the windowsill overnight, I took a ritual bath with the blend the next day :bathtub::rose:. Although unfortunately I couldn’t see the full moon from my city apartment, I could feel the energy from the moon :full_moon:

Knowing that there was so much going in the celestial heavens, there was so much powerful energy in the air over the weekend! :star_struck: It all seemed to accumulate, and the full moon brought me a very special surprise- my partner surprised me with a proposal :ring:!

Living outside of the USA, I may have missed out the fireworks that the 4th of July usually brings :fireworks: - but this was definitely a full moon to remember :blush: :full_moon:

I hope everyone had a very blessed full moon, no matter where in the world you are practicing! :sparkles:

A hearty congrats and thank you to everyone who has posted about their celestial learnings and endevors as part of the challenge:

A gentle reminder that the challenge closes tomorrow: June 8th!

If you haven’t yet posted about your celestial magick or full moon adventures and want to participate- there is still time! Feel free to post here and share your experience :sparkling_heart:

Blessed Be! :milky_way:

16 Likes

Congratulations! That’s so exciting!

8 Likes

Congratulations @BryWisteria! That’s so nice! I’m so glad for you!

8 Likes

Congratulations!! The ring looks beautiful, all blessings to you two :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

One of my close friends is a Panda, and my dad is a Polar Bear; those were completely spot on :blush: With the others (there was a Swordfish, Raven, Chimpanzee…), aspects of it were fitting at times, but not everything.

8 Likes

Awww thank you so much for the lovely words and wishes @MeganB, @Amethyst, and @christine4! :heart: You are all very kind :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And with you as a praying mantis, you make quite the diverse and interesting group! :grin: :+1: I’m glad you all had fun finding your primal zodiac :blush::star2:

5 Likes

The Celestial Exploration Challenge is now CLOSED!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated- I hope you all had fun exploring new aspects of your celestial and cosmic magick! :sparkles:

Please see the follow-up post: Weekly Witchy Challenge 2- Props and Presents for shout-outs and prizes :gift_heart::sparkles:

This topic will be left open for discussion. If you missed this challenge- no worries! There is another challenge coming soon- please keep an eye on the main page of the forums if you are interested! :confetti_ball:

9 Likes

Love the ring! Its so delicate and elegant looking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

You’re very kind, thank you @Missa! :blush: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Sadly, the moon was hidden by clouds for the eclipse. But I managed to see it when I got back home :slight_smile:
Our tarot readings pretty much all told us to let go, and grasp upcoming opportunities! The night was a success and we are already planning our next :full_moon:

7 Likes

I’m glad you caught sight of the moon :full_moon: and enjoyed your tarot readings! :flower_playing_cards: :blush:

It looks like you won’t have to wait long- the next full moon will be the Full Sturgeon Moon on August 3rd. Just a few weeks away! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Yes I am very interested in this celestial Cross, I had studied Astronomy at Penn State University, However I don’t recall this being mentioned. If anyone has additional information I’d enjoy hearing from you!
Blessed Be

8 Likes

It’s possible that they focused mainly on the Northern Hemisphere. The Crux is a very important constellation when it comes to navigating in the Southern Hemisphere, and it also has big cultural significance. I just wrote a post on it. Click here to read it! :star:

6 Likes