šŸŒŖ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Chaos Magick

An armadillo dug up my gladiola bulbs and ate them! Lol.

13 Likes

Oh my gods :laughing: I donā€™t have armadillos here, just pesky little squirrels! :chipmunk:

13 Likes

The book club book Iā€™m reading has a section in the beginning on Found Goddesses, Goddesses we need in the modern world. So at first I thought Iā€™d make one up but then I saw THIS and well, it got me going in a different direction. And so I introduce you to a new goddess, one who has just recently taken her place in the sky.

Betty White.

Name Betty Marion White Ludden.

Origin: in Oak Park, Illinois.

Signs and symbols: A rose, vodka bottle. Comedy mask. Any cute animal.

Epithets: The First Lady of Television. The First Lady of Game Shows. The Happy Homemaker.

Offerings: Vodka, hot dogs, roses. Offerings of money to your local humane society.

Prayer to Betty White:

Oh great Lady Betty, you of the sly smile and good attitude, be welcome in this home!
Bring your good humor and happiness to all who live here, and all those I interact with.
Help me with snappy comeback lines and good punchlines for those who attempt to hurt me.
Protect my animals from hurt and harm.
Oh, beloved Betty, who graced our realm for ninety-nine years, grant me the ability to age gracefully.
Help me to find humor in any situation.
All hail your name, Lady Betty!
You who can go on about St. Olaf with a straight face!
You have taken your place among the stars in the sky!
We will never forget you!

Hail Betty!

16 Likes

Hmmmmm I have to admit this challenge has me stumped this week. Chaos and I donā€™t usually get along so I will have to see how to make friends with it for this task!

Thank you for the challenge!

16 Likes

I could not love this more, @Amethyst!! This is so joyful and fun and I am smiling from ear to ear! I canā€™t even begin to tell you how much I needed this today! Thank you for sharing!!! :rofl: :hugs: :heart: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Oh, what an interesting concept! I had not heard of servitors before. Reading the wikki on it was interesting and piqued my interest in them for sure! More research is needed on my part!

13 Likes

Glad I could give you a giggle, @BrightBear! Iā€™m sure Betty would count that as an offering!

12 Likes

@Amethyst thank you for sharing & for coming up so creatively awesome for the challenge :hugs:

I pray to Brighid : triquetra: more than before & spend time with Her as I can throughout the day.

@MeganB & @Artemisia I had never heard of them either & it is an interesting topic under Chaos Magic :sparkles:

13 Likes

For this challenge I decided to write a spell to help rid myself of depressive thought.

I took the words I wanted to use, and made aā€¦ thing. I charged an obsidian, amethyst, a citrine, and several quartz crystals in full sun then used them some of my medication.

20 Likes

For chaos magic, I created a simple sigil for my intent of more peaceful days. My day starts at 3:15 am and seems like it never ends. Thats why I chose this intention.

16 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!

13 Likes

:tornado: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Chaos Magick

Chaos by phoenix-nine
**Chaos by phoenix-nine www.deviantart.com

So, what is Chaos Magick? My first thought was, I have no clue! Next, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do this challengeā€¦ :rofl: And today, I decided to do a google search to see what I could find.

ā€œChaos Magick (also called KAOS or Current 156) is a magickal spirituality with little or no set-in-stone ritual, dogma, deities, or any other object of faith to which the initiate is bound. The chaos magician only places faith in himself.ā€
Urban Dictionary

ā€œTo try something out of the ordinary, out of the box, outside of whatever paradigm within which you normally work, that is chaos magic.ā€
Learn Religions

ā€œWhat is chaos magick? Is it a Magic: The Gathering deck? Is this some kind of D&D thing? Sorry, nerds, but this is a different journey of geekery that youā€™re about to be taken on. The world of chaos magick is part science fiction and part science, with a little bit of Tony Robbins thrown in for good measure.ā€

ā€œTo get into chaos magick, you have to open yourself up to the idea that weā€™re living in a magical world. Thatā€™s not to say that there are wizards and goblins running around casting spells on each other, but by believing in a magical world, youā€™re admitting the possibility that you can form your own reality with the power of your mind.ā€
Article by Jacob Shelton on Ranker

Okay, so now I have a less than a basic understanding of Chaos Magick. What am I going to do for the challenge? Still, no clueā€¦ I work with light and healing, how does that relate to Chaos Magick?

I couldnā€™t think of anything, so I moved on to something else. I listened to the April 2022 Energy Update by Lee Harris. After listening, I realized I was feeling so much better, lighter with more energy and my mood was so much happier and the physical pain was gone!!! So, going within is the key to calming the chaos in the world around me, and that feels like Magic!

I noticed that so many people are posting about not sleeping, health and relationship issues, nightmares, depression, etc., that I decided to share the ā€˜magickā€™ for my challenge this week. I do hope it helps others to feel better. Here is the link to watch the April 2022 Energy Update with you.

APRIL ENERGY UPDATE

Themes for the month:

(Timestamps included for your easy reference in revisiting individual themes)

Reactions to War in the Collective - Heartbreak, Fear, Anger, Disgust, Horror, Grief among those (Note: There are also those who hold the light and peace without being knocked by the energy - this is good as lightbearers are needed right now). (01:10)

Overwhelm and how to center yourself - feel the feelings, move the feelings, create space, take action. (04:53)

General April Energy Climate - will be stormy - shifts between strong light and lower vibrations (the world stage will mirror this). (8:30)

Light waves are coming in strong in April - stronger than all year so far - this can manifest as incredible periods of light, connection, grace, clarity, healing, higher awareness, and visions. (8:51)

The discomfort of transformation - in the discomfort, we are shedding ourselves. Remember that discomfort accompanies changeā€¦ (12:07)

Future Emergence Energy is now being seeded - many leaders, wayshowers, and visionaries are rising and emerging like never before. ALSO incubating ā€˜futureā€™ ways that will emerge in coming years. (12:58)

Relationship healing - In April, a phase of ā€˜Getting stuck/attachedā€™ to other peopleā€™s energies/emotions will take more focus than before. Relationship changes can be natural and mirror the changes in you and the world. (15:28)

There is a continuing General Awakening among people to the systems in our world and how they are operating right now - disclosure of the shadow, and the parts that are not working for the higher good of all. It can be an intense process. (19:42)

The planet is not controllable - her intelligence will speak and rise. (24:28)

16 Likes

Unfortunately our tantra course got rescheduled for the lack of participants, but we had a lovely new moon circle, and we did some pretty chaotic things too, including yelling out our frustrations! :rage: :grin:

I talked about anger and how good it can feel when it can flow without judgement, how it can feel both purifying and ecstatic when youā€™re in touch with it. Definitely something Kali has helped me with, and I gave her proper credit. It was very well received, which always warms my heart :heart:

14 Likes

I am absolutely intrigued by this! It looks absolutely fascinating! What technique are you using to convert the letters into symbols?

14 Likes

From a book I just picked up, ā€œAwakening to Kali, a Goddess of Radical Transformationā€ by Sally Kemptonā€¦

I was thrilled by the opportunity to tell a storyā€”something I love to doā€”in such a heightened atmosphere. But when I stood up to speak, I was seized by a feeling much bigger than excitement. It was a kind of ecstasy, a deep pulsing joy that nearly undid me while I tried to form the words of my tale. Later, I would learn to recognize this feeling as one of the characteristic signatures of the Goddessā€™s presence.

That could be me, writing about the moon circle this dark moon, or the full moon before that. Definitely ecstatic feeling :relaxed: I talked about Kali and the dark feminine on both nights. I really made an impression, some were in awe, some came to thank me personally afterwards. I had a feeling that I might have been channeling, now I have no doubt. That sheā€™s speaking through me like thatā€¦ fills me with an absolute sense of awe myself, calm humility, hot ecstasyā€¦ :white_heart: :heart: :sparkles:

Then that past life experience, temple dancing, priestess trainingā€¦ :flushed:

14 Likes

Im currently reading a book on kali myself.

13 Likes

I noticed that @Nikita-mikaelson :black_heart:
I checked out the free sample pages of your book on Kindle but it wasnā€™t the right book for me in this moment, even though it did teach me how Shaktiā€™s body ended up in 50 pieces (one for each Sanskrit letter, I read from another book). It did prompt me to look for other books on the Mother though and here we are :blush:

12 Likes

I have a number cipher which I use to convert each letter to a number from 1 to 26. I use a 3 by 3 grid numbered 1 though 9 to get a symbol for each letter based on the position of each number in the square. Then I layer the symbols for every letter in a word in a way that looks nice.

I didnā€™t actually end up using the cipher pictured but one I use for making sigils.

15 Likes

Hey some books are not for everyone but as im just learning about mother kali I thought it would be a good interdiction.

13 Likes

I appreciate it, Iā€™m sorry if I came across otherwise :heart:
I think what I was trying to say wasā€¦ I think itā€™s a good book, I might get back to it another time, right now Iā€™m just being called by another :black_heart:

11 Likes