đŸ«§ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Cleansing in the Craft

@SeraphineAmaryllis youre pendulums are gorgeous! I love the one on the end with the circle!

15 Likes

Ah, it came the right time, it is spring cleaning and cleasing time for me.
I have some Ideas, I need to see which from all to actually do

12 Likes

challenge entry
So i know spring cleaning is a spring thing and more suited technically to northern hemisphere who are coming up to spring equinox but cleansing is good anytime you feel the need. With mabon or autumn equinox around the corner i thought how could tie autumn with cleansing.
I was doing sometjing and noticed this sprau bottle up on window sill that not used much, id bought maybe round my spring and norths autumn as the company i think is based in US which is north hemisphere. But i still had some of counter cleaner that was using even if was getting low. Bit i decided for this challenge i was going to use my apple amd cinnamon sticks cleaning products around house. I thats right i think id been having a protein shake and washing out the blender cup used and noticed something on kitchen bench and thinking of cleanding chsllenge id gone to grab my spray n wipe bottle as i was trying to include scent/ingredients to base intentions on around the home ss well. Thats when saw my apple and cinnomon sticks counter spray and remembered i had scent spray for carpets and materials cant wash often or jusr as a freshener or scent around house and a bathroom cleaner. Same scent .
I looked up apple and cinnamon in magic and Apple had : love, health, protection and stability
Cinnamon had: strength, power, abundance, prosperity.
I had done a spell this morning to remove negative energy from my home so i thought using these products will help in protecting home and cleaning and cleansing at the same time and bringing good things in while keeping bad things out.

Im going to look at other home stuff and scents and what intentions can set for them to use in the home. Ive been off the grid a bit with scentsy and body shop as main job keeping me very insanely busy and burn out is a definate outcome and my fibro pain and exhaustion is flareing up badly that in pain all day and its a very active job
 but this challenge has reminded methat yes ive come home a lot frustrated and in pain and exhausted but i dont need to habe the energy and issues of work invade my home even if i do also take home work needing to do vecause too much work, not enough time, support or staff to get it done ay work. . But im trying to find balance and taje better care of myself which include my sacred space and santuary. It needs to be a safe space and that includes energy wise. I dont want the negativity or stress of work n issues there to invade my home. All it does is stop me from doing things including work which irony of ironies is that in order to get work done at home i need to shut off from work to stop me getting frustrated n stressed out by whats going on there. But also when i take moments to do other things or even go to bed, i need to feel sage and calm so thats what trying to create in my home, a safe and calm environment free from negativity of the outside world and welcoming to the positive energies and my clan and of course me too lol. My home has a nice gentle scent of apple and cinnomon which is nice and knowing i intentionally did that as a form of self care also helps as well.

20 Likes

Ohhh this challenge is perfectly timed! :clap: I love it and I already know what I’m gonna do!

13 Likes

@Solasta_Amore Awww you’re very sweet, Solasta- I’m so happy you like the theme! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :bubbles:

@Janae_Rochele It sounds like we were on the same wavelength this week- wow, you’re already on a roll with your cleaning! :heart_eyes: Good luck with everything else you’re hoping to do- blessed cleansing! :sparkles:

@Garnet Awesome work here, Garnet! I love the blend you explored (hooray for Thieves Oil- that is some very potent stuff!) and also the spiritual cleansing work you did too :clap::grinning: My favorite is your recipe for the oil as a toilet bomb is pure brilliance- clean it physically and spiritually, and with a good spell too! That’s a winner all around :star2::blush: Thank you for sharing, Garnet- this is a wonderful entry!

@Kasandra I bought a cinnamon a few months back and same- the smell has faded, but the broom itself still seems to be working fine! I love how you spray it with your smudge spray to renew the cleansing energies :broom: :sparkles: And gosh, I know I said it before but I love that pickle spell you wrote- it’s pure genius! :cucumber: Great job, Kasandra- thank you for sharing your cleansing work! :heart:

@Airam Ohhhh such a lovely cleansing bath recipe- I use cumin in cooking all the time (such a great worming spice!) but I never thought to add it to a bath before, that is very creative! This sounds like a very heartfelt and potent combination of ingredients- thank you so much for sharing the recipe and for joining in the cleansing challenge. Great work! :sparkling_heart: :bathtub: :blush:

@Nixi That made me smile, Nixi- it sounds like you’ve already got some great ideas! :blush: Maybe jot them down to help remember? :writing_hand: You are welcome to write them in a post here if that will help you (either here in the comments or in a private message to yourself) :grinning:

@Medea Welcome back, Medea- it is always a treat to hear about the spellwork you are doing! I absolutely love the idea of your watermelon tea for cleansing work- from the properties you shared, it sounds like a batch of this tea is a great tool for health and cleansing! :watermelon: :sparkles: Thank you so much for sharing it and for joining in the challenge- happy brewing! :blush:

@Aurora_Hestia So many wonderful methods for cleansing- these are all really helpful, Aurora! Especially for those who can’t use flame/smoke/incense. I especially like the shower cleansing ideas- those are some great ways to take a normal shower and turn it into a magickal ritual :shower: :sparkles: You are very kind to share these ideas with everyone- thank you so much for joining in the challenge! :heart:

@brandy20 It sounds like quite a few of us were on the same wavelength about cleansing this week! Maybe it’s the wonderful coven “hive mind” at work again :wink::two_hearts:

@Ostara You’re really on a roll with your cleansing and cleaning work this week, Ostara- you’re an inspiration! :star2::grin: I like the look of the magickal floor wash- both recipes are interesting. Good luck with your washing and yes, please- let us know what you think of both! Thank you for sharing them! :pray::two_hearts:

@Amethyst No kidding my friend- I was pleasantly surprised to open up the challenge today and see so many people had jumped right into it so quickly! :laughing: :+1: I love the enthusiasm- I guess cleansing is a hot topic this time of year! Can’t wait to see what you choose to do- good luck, Amethyst! :heart:

@SeraphineAmaryllis Congrats on your new pendulums! :pendulum: :sparkles: They are really beautiful- you got some fun ones! This is a really nice cleansing and consecration ritual too- I really like the repetition in the chant, it feels very powerful. Great work on welcoming in your new pendulums- may they serve you well! :raised_hands: :heart:

@Artemisia Happy 30th anniversary, Artemisia- wishing you fun, happy, and safe travels as you celebrate! :partying_face: I imagine you’re going to be busy packing and preparing, so I hope you don’t feel too rushed or stressed. There’s always the possibility for a little cleansing magick while on the road! Good luck and have fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@gerri Welcome, Gerri! :blush: It sounds like you face many challenges at your work- this spray sounds perfect for protecting yourself and keeping the atmosphere clean and free of negativity. You have some really beautiful ingredients in the blend- gosh, I imagine it smells amazing! :sparkles: The bottle you choose is perfect too :laughing: :+1: May your lovely spray continue to work wonders for you! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe and for joining in the challenge :heart::grinning:

@Jeannie1 This is so beautiful, Jeannie- the candle light reflecting in the glass ball is so mesmerizing to see :crystal_ball: :candle::two_hearts: I’m sorry that someone upset you- good for you for cutting out their negativity! It sounds like a good, healthy step in a positive direction for your relationship. I hope that it all goes well- I’m cheering for you, Jeannie! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

@stavroula Wishing you all the best with your spring cleaning, Stavroula- I hope that you have fun with whatever you choose to work on! :broom::blush::heart:

@Phoenix_Fire I absolutely agree with you that cleaning can (and, one might argue, should!) be done throughout the year. It is especially important as the seasons change and energy shifts (be it winter to spring or summer to fall). I can tell that you are embracing the season with such wonderful autumn ingredients- it’s very clever to incorporate seasonal items into the cleaning spellwork, I love it! :apple::brown_heart: :grinning: The equinox is a great time to work on balance too- it sounds like you are really in the with the energies in the air. I hope your work goes well and that Mabon brings many wonderful things for you- good luck and many blessings! :pray::sparkles:

@MeganB Hooray- I’m really happy you think so, Megan! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Can’t wait to see what you’ll choose to go- good luck and have fun with it! :heart::sparkles:

21 Likes

:kissing_heart: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

12 Likes

Thanks @gerri I need this for my job. I guess I will whip some up this weekend. Lol!

13 Likes

Yes I think I need to have a notebook with me when I’m here.

12 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
I don’t get it. I can barely hold a conversation right now but when I’m here, BAMM :zap: inspiration
I’m still giving my Altar and workspace a good cleaning though :laughing:

Clearing Body Scrub

White Candle
Incense (I prefer sage but use any cleansing type you like
2 cups of Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt (1œ cups coarse will work in a pinch)
⅔ - 1 cup Organic loose leaf Lavender tea
Olive Oil enough to coat it all plus a splash (leave out the splash and make sure it is only enough to coat if using coarse)

Light incense and candle
Combine Salt and Lavender in a clean glass jar
Add oil
Stir until it is well incorporated (do this carefully if using coarse) while reciting

Clean away all that is holding me the real me setting free

Cover jar and stamp using a wax seal or smoosh down a blob of wax from your candle and say

The spell is done

Let sit overnight
In warm shower use hands to rub over body while reciting

All bane and ails I scrub away
To reveal the strength that under lay

Rinse under cool water envisioning a pure streaming waterfall washing away all harmful and negative energy. Stay under the water until you feel it has all been cleansed away

17 Likes

Challenge Entry - Cleansing in the Craft

Since I didn’t want to miss the challenge while I was on vacation, I picked something that I was going to be doing anyway.

I chose to create a cleansing bath recipe inspired by Ostara.

Ostara Cleansing Bath
Ingredients:

Instructions:

1. Begin by preparing your bathroom. Cleanse the space with palo santo, light candles, and place flowers or herbs around the tub.
  2. Mix together the Epsom salt and baking soda in a bowl.
  3. Add the essential oils to the bowl and mix well.
  4. Fill the bathtub with warm water.
  5. Add the salt and baking soda mixture to the water and stir well to dissolve.
  6. Soak in the bath for at least 20 minutes.
  7. As you soak, visualize yourself being cleansed of any negative energy or emotions, and visualize yourself welcoming in the fresh, new energy of spring.
  8. You may wish to meditate, recite a poem, or simply enjoy the peace and quiet of your bath.
  9. When you’re ready to finish, drain the water and visualize any negative energy or emotions being washed away.
  10. Take a moment to thank the water and the herbs for their cleansing properties, and welcome in the energy of spring.

I chose to deviate slightly from my own ritual since I didn’t have any fresh rose, lavender, or chamomile on hand and used dried instead. I added them to the bathwater. While I loved the smell, I instantly regretted the mess it was making but let that slide away with a laugh. I chose to meditate during my cleansing bath.

It was perfect after my run :running_woman:t4: I feel rejuvenated and refreshed.

17 Likes

Hello all.

This theme comes at a great time for me as I have had to cleanse my home recently for various reason, a big one is the negative stresses of my job being used for political gain (not by me, our new mayor :confused: )

We start our ritual with a short calling of the quarters and invitation of the elements and spirit guides, angels, etc to join our sacred circle and add their energy to the ritual. We use loose incense in my cauldron which is copal, palo santo chips, rose (to invoke love and light into our space) and wild harvest prairie sage which we have in abundance around Wyoming. Then using a crown chakra singing bowl we go around the space banishing all negative energy, entities (we have a few), thoughts, feelings, and speech. We chase it out the various doors and tell it to never return. Then using the same incense blend and a heart chakra singing bowl, we invite all positive energy, spirit guides, entities (we have several of these also), angels of light and love, our personal deities, Divine Spirit, and the Lord and Lady to embrace and protect our home and surrounding property and infuse light, love, joy, peace, wealth, abundance, prosperity, and health into our home (we have made our whole home a sacred space and have several altars devoted to different activities). We always play high vibrational meditation music and affirmations daily and well into the night on our TV using Youtube.

I cleanse my body daily in the shower and release all negative energy back to where it came and invite my own energy that I may have shared to return to me. I visualize these as black balls of energy for the negative and light blue to magenta balls of energy for the positive energy.

I use herbs in my large scented candles to help keep the energy positive and the vibrations high in my office which in my husband’s words is “the best protected room in the house” lol. The energy in my office altar space is very high and loving. It’s where I create my products to sell, giving them high vibrational love and light for my customers.

That is just some of the cleansing rituals I do daily or at least monthly. Oh, I also have smokeless smudge spray that I created myself to spray on my body as I come home every night from outside or from work to keep our home cleansed longer.

Blessed be :tada: :hibiscus: with love, light, and peace.

17 Likes

Challenge Entry
I started by helping my sister cleansing her house she’s been hearing some whispers at night so we gonna cleanse her house. And I also made me the same candle and oil to cleanse my house and I cleanse my altar before every ritual or spell and before I create any jars or candles.

I’ve now started adding a protection salt my candles sit on now.

16 Likes

Yes, she sure is! I have needed help on several different issues and Bry has been there for me with the amazing positive energy she has. Everyone here at Spells 8 are such a wonderful family!!

Blessed Be,
Medea

11 Likes

Megan, hello and I could not agree with you more. Timing is on spot!! This is exactly what I have needed to get back on track again.

Looking forward to reading your Challenge. Blessed Be.
Medea

10 Likes

After reading the info for this Challenge, I thought I have heard about Thieves oil so I went and looked under my kitchen sink and low and behold, I have a bottle of it. Now I know different ways to use it and make my own:

Image from Pinterest

Blessed Be,
Medea

17 Likes

Excellent post! I learn so much from my “Witch Sister’s”. This Challenge has come at a perfect time for me also. I need to send negative energy back to where it came from and also raise my vibs for many different reasons.

ᛒᛚᛖᛋᛋᛖᛞ ᛒᛖ,
ᛗᛖᛞᛖᚹ

13 Likes

Nixi
You have a spontaneous brain and all you have to do, it seems is sit down and relax and BAMM there it is. Good for you!
Garnet

13 Likes

Hi Jeannie. I have never done a cord cutting ritual. This looks like a ritual I need to do. You make it look so easy
I going to try it over the weekend.

Blessed Be
Medea

13 Likes

I’m just going to say I LOVE everything about this! The name, the description, the container! I may have to add your recipe complete with your name for it to my book with your permission.

Honestly, this is the best, made me laugh and smile but I’m gonna tell you I need me some of that sometimes!

13 Likes

And as soon as my pen leaves the paper my brain goes back to all fuzzy swirly :laughing:

12 Likes