šŸ«§ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Cleansing in the Craft

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry:

I love to cleanse. I use different methods around my house. If Iā€™m cleansing the whole house I use my big blue sage stick. If Iā€™m cleansing myself I take cleansing baths and use whatever Iā€™m drawn to use. It depends if Iā€™m feeling under the weather, depressed, sluggish, or whatever the case my be. For my altar I constantly burn the California white sage incense sticks (i absolutely love the way these smell). My most peaceful self cleansing is when I sit outside on a tree stump in the sun with bare feet holding my black tourmaline. Oh my, i could go on forever with all of my cleansing rituals. I have also read some great ideas on this weeks challenge that i want to try. I have a lit of people (children and grandchildren) living in my home so I have many different energies rushing through my house daily and it gets extremely exhausting for me when Iā€™m home ( Iā€™m a truck driver so Iā€™m only home 2 days a week). I have to constantly cleanse or I get very overwhelmed.

18 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: In the history of all weekly witchy challenges, I donā€™t think there have ever been so many entries shared within the first 48 hours. Iā€™m really impressed by how enthusiastic the coven is about cleansing work! :broom: :two_hearts:

@Nixi Inspiration does like to strike when we are unprepared haha- and it looks like you are blessed with it, Nixi! This is a really lovely body scrub recipe. Iā€™m a big fan of Himalayan Salt and am always excited to find new recipes and ways to use it :blush: The lavender tea is a creative addition too! And your beautiful chant ties it all together- this is really lovely, thank you so much for sharing it! :purple_heart: :sparkles:

@Artemisia You always rise to the challenge- this is a beautiful bath recipe! And extra impressive that you crafted it under a time limit too, a round of applause to you! :clap::blush: I know the challenge of the loose herbs in the bath- if you have a little cheesecloth or even a tea bag or strainer, theyā€™ve worked well for me for keeping the herbs together (and making cleanup a bit less stressful haha). Although nothing beats soaking in the tub with loose petals- itā€™s really a luxurious experience! :rose: Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful recipe- have a happy trip, Artemisia! :heart:

@Magdelina Iā€™m sorry to hear about the stress at your job lately- I hope things get better soon, and youā€™re certainly doing some helpful work with your beautiful cleansing ritual :sparkles: I love the sound of singing bowls- they are really great tool to use in cleansing work at all levels. May all the positive energy you invited fill your home with goodness- so mote it be! Thanks for joining in and sharing your beautiful cleansing work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@brandy20 Ohhhh look at that beautiful salt blend! :salt::heart_eyes: It looks like a really pretty (not to mention powerful!) base for your spell candles. Wishing all the best to you and your sister as you put it to use and cleanse the space- good luck! :candle::heart:

@SeraphineAmaryllis Itā€™s my pleasure! Thanks again for your beautiful challenge entry- enjoy your pendulums! :pendulum: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@kimberly57 I can tell that cleansing is a key part of your practice- it sounds like you have found plenty of nice methods for both self cleansing and cleansing around your home/space! :blush: It can be tricky to cleanse an area with a lot of different energies and personalities merging together- I hope you found a method you like and I wish you all the best with it! Good luck! :sparkles::grinning:

15 Likes

I made coffee sugar scrubs for my family one year for Christmas but my sister-in-law is a type one diabetic and sugar scrubs are iffy. If you have even a scratch the sugar gets in your system. So I went looking and for an inexpensive replacement or with something I already had and now I donā€™t do sugar scrubs so much :laughing:

Thank you so much :heart: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

14 Likes

Challenge entry- first I cleaned my house so I could start with a clean slate then I lit a charcoal tab put it in my cauldron and used Vesta powder to cleanse and smoke out all the negative energy. I really love Vesta powder itā€™s a powerful ingredient that I sometimes use to boost my spells.:sparkles::crystal_ball:

16 Likes

Challenge entry - cleansing
Hi everyoneā€¦
I usually do a full house cleansing every six months. I will use sage. I will start at my front door and move clockwise around the entire house. I have wards in all 4 corners of my house. As i pass doors, mirrors amd windows i will do a banishing pentagramā€¦ I will also burn first a black candle and then a white candle.

Although for my challenge entry i had my son make me a new wall unit for all my herbs and goodies I use at my altar. It has always been such a mess as the shelf i had wasnt pretty.

It was a lot of fun making it. I like to work in a clean space.
Also before i do any spellwork or rituals i use sage incence to cleanse and consececrate the area.

17 Likes

I love this challenge! For this entry, I choose selenite. Not only can you set your jewelry and cryatals atop the crystal. You can wave it from above your head all the way to your toes (or as far as you can reach) standing or lying down. It not only cleanses your aura, but gives your body a reset as well.

Another cleansing offer selenite can perform is to wand it over your crystals, say if you have too many, just wave it over them all. Even if you have crystals on shelves.

Selenite and satin spar (what little difference there is) is very versatile. I love using it because I canā€™t use smoke due to my daughterā€™s asthma. Iā€™m grateful for this mineral!

Thank you for reading :books: :heart: :pray:

15 Likes

Challenge Entry for Amethyst:

Well, someone took my idea of using Awake Nation, LOL! So I had to think of something else this week. I decided to use my Energy Cleanse meditation that I usually do on Saturdays. This one is one of my favorites.

I always feel so calm and peaceful after doing that. Itā€™s nice. Hope yā€™all enjoy it!

17 Likes

Cleansing in the Craft Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry

Mundane Work - Thoroughly clean area where this is to be worked, especially if itā€™s the main altar or sleeping space. This can be performed days before or immediately prior. The idea is that a cluttered or unclean area may ā€˜contaminateā€™ the ritual. However, remember one important thing here - this is a level 3 or physical component to the ritual. We donā€™t all share the same idea of clutter. This is YOUR ritual, so go by your needs!

Magickal Work - Spiritual Cleansing

Prep Work:

• Situate yourself in a quiet, preferably darkened area. This may be your room, another room in your home, your car, etc.
  • Meditate to clear your mind of distracting thoughts as best you can and to focus your psyche on the cleansing practice to be performed. Meditating is not necessary, however, it may improve your results as it clears away any negative thoughts/impulses that may alter your ritual outcome. This is the Level 2, or spiritual component.

Ritual:

• Gather as many empty and clean glass containers as you wish and have them near your altar.
  • Gather the following herbs in a cauldron.
    ** A small piece of candle wax remaining from your last banishing or peace seeking ritual is a major plus here as it aids in herb burning without introducing any extraneous ingredients.
  1. Agrimony - Protection and removing negativity
  2. Angelica - Powerful protection and exorcism
  3. Red Rose Petals or similar to replace negativity void with peace and harmony.
  4. Hyssop - Protection, divination and peace
  5. Myrrh - Powerful warding

Place wax bit (or charcoal, etc) at the bottom of the cauldron and add each ingredient clearly chanting the purpose of each as it is added. For example, ā€œRed Rose petals, bring me peace, bring me harmonyā€ repeated thrice.

After each is added, visualize each ingredient melding together to voluntarily perform the spiritual cleansing task youā€™ve requested of them.

Light the herbs.
Catch the smoke in the glass containers and close each while envisioning the power of those herbs like little soldiers ready to battle any and all negativity or evil - and WIN!
Once the herbs are thoroughly burned, you can either save the soot remainder for future use or spread it in your yard, etc., all the while thanking the spirits for their help.

Take the glass containers to any or all rooms in your home one at a time. When youā€™re ready open one container (ie while carefully turning clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on your practice) per room. Envision the smoke entering every corner, fighting negativity and evil on your behalf.

• At this point, you may feel like chanting, reciting a prayer or psalm, or saying something as simple as ā€œAngels destroy demons,ā€ repeatedly.

Keep the opened container in a central location of the room, out of harmā€™s way (to others), for as long as you feel necessary.

Rinse the containers with moon, Holy or florida water once they are all collected.

15 Likes

WWC -Cleansing in the Craft

I cleanse and charge my crystals daily on selenite.:crystal_ball: Monthly in the full moon. :full_moon:

The other day I cleared everything off my altar, wiped it down with a rag, then I smoke cleansed it and everything I put back on it with sage. :herb:

I havenā€™t started spring cleaning since the snow just melted this week but when I do that I will go over the entire house and give it a good spiritual cleanse after all the corners are dusted and such. :broom:

This is a great challenge! Iā€™ve picked up a lot of great ideas. You are all very talented. :people_hugging:Thank you Witch Sisters! :heart: :heart: :heart: :infinite_roots:

:butterfly:

16 Likes

Crystal59,
Whatā€™s the smell like for the vesta powder?

Blockquote

I think youā€™re practice is very much like mines. Once in a while I like to incorporate other smudge sticks like, dragons :dragon: blood, white sage, blue sage, cedar wood :wood:, and Palo Santo.
I like to do a kernips ritual. I use a big black bowl with obsidian in it and burn :fire: thyme drop it in the the bowl of water. It then turns into sacred water when I drop the thyme in the bowl after I burn the thyme! I speak out loud a chant or a a prayer that will banish all the profane. I learned this ritual from Cyndi Brannen.

Selenite is very easy to use and I didnā€™t know it was satin spar. Thank you for your lovely info cristina.

Thank you Amethyst for your support lovely meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: I think I will try as many meditations daily I can get in. Once in the morning, even in the middle of the day and at night.
Jeannie

12 Likes

Challenge Entry
I recently came into possession of several small bottles of assorted crystal chips. With all thatā€™s going on, Iā€™m cleansing them and activating them, one per day, and Iā€™m going to take a chip from each bottle and put it into a tiny empty pendant I found, that I can wear or carry round in my pocket.
Iā€™m doing the cleansing for the entire bottle and contents by spritzing some smokeless cleansing spray into the air and waving the bottle through it. Then Iā€™m doing the activation meditation listed on Spells8 for each of them. I have 3 activated now, rose quartz for friendship and self love, amethyst for luck (I definitely need as much as I can get), and I activated aventurine most recently for prosperity. I plan to also activate clear quartz for clarity and tigerā€™s eye for balance.

15 Likes

Vesta powder is potassium nitrate so thatā€™s what it smells like but itā€™s kinda hard to describe not earthy like palo santo or strong like sage it dissipates pretty quickly and when you light it up it produces a large spark and quick puff of smoke itā€™s a manifestation and spell accelerator tool also known as chasing powder used to banish spirits, entities and negative energy from a space. If your interested in trying this powerful ingredient please be careful :pray: only use small amounts and wear gloves because it can burn the skin. :sparkles::last_quarter_moon::waning_gibbous_moon:

13 Likes

I did this challenge today, though I donā€™t have any photos to share.

Here lately, I have been feeling the stirrings of Spring in my gut. I know, that sounds a bit strange, but itā€™s almost this feeling of homesickness? I havenā€™t been able to shake it for the last week, and itā€™s weird because Iā€™m at home ā€“ Iā€™m not traveling or anything.

Anyway, I decided to bring my Brigid things into my office rather than my bedroom. This is the space where I need her most, and this is the space where I call on her often. So, I cleansed an area of the office as well as some things to go on her shelf, set up the space, and lit a brand new candle that I got for her today :heart:

13 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry:

Hello Everyone! :blush: :blush:

I have been cleansing in various ways during the week. Everyday I make sure to do a daily cleanse of myself, my journal, candles, crystals, and space. I like to cleanse my house as well. This also has put me in the mood to Spring Clean, which is much needed in my house right now. I feel more motivated and connected when I light my candle of the day, grab my crystals, meditate, and write in my journal after I cleanse things. It helps me feel so refreshed. I have used my favorite incense or some floral sage that my step-daughter got me for Christmas.

I also cleansed my dogs. I feel like I forget a lot about their energy and I made sure that they had some cleansing. They looked at me like I was crazy, but they accept their mom for who she is LOL.

I made sure I put my crystals under the moonlight to cleanse them. I love working with the Moon, I do it any chance I get. Iā€™ve been trying to get better with a daily routine. I need my ā€œwitchy routineā€ to be DAILY and not set aside because other things get in my way. Iā€™ve decided that itā€™s NOT going to happen anymore and Iā€™ve put my foot down in my house lately about my own ME time. Everytime I do get it, itā€™s like we slowly go back to where I donā€™t have it anymore. Not this time! I am sticking to the fact that my self-care is more important than the dishes sometimes when I have three teenagers and a man to help with them. Iā€™m not the only one who lives here. HAHA! So theyā€™ve been respectful of my time and now know not to mess with Mom lately! :laughing: :laughing:

I hope everyone had an awesome week working with cleansing and whatever ways and things you did. I enjoy reading them and what you all do. Iā€™m still so new to this but I do learn things daily. I feel like I learn more from the forum than lessons sometimes because learning from others is so intriguing. So I love the balance of learning and the fun of the forum getting to read about everyoneā€™s unique witchcraft!

Blessed Be!

13 Likes

I made some Floridaā€™s Water to make sure no evil spirits could come inn. So inn the entire way of my home :house_with_garden: I cleaned the walk way! I just love this challenge! I realized how important this is to my life! I feel safe too! Hereā€™s a link if you want to make Floridaā€™s water :sweat_drops: I found What is Florida Water and Why Do We Want It? :green_heart: I am not sure this is the correspondences I used. It really has a lot of ingredients! I love the smell to you can use this for all the entrances of the home. Today I just did the front of the house. Tomorrow Iā€™ll finish up and get the rest. I was thinking about putting salt :salt: all around my house :house:
Thank you for all of your post they are all unique and I find everyone has something!
Jeannie

12 Likes

Crystal59 I think I want to try this at home.

1. I always use my hands when lighting my charcoal. So I want to invest a tool so I wonā€™t burn my hands. So thanks I did not know there was anti flammable gloves :gloves:
  2. I want to banish spirits entities and negative energy too that may be attached somehow. I had a really bad dream and felt controlled by something. This is why I was so enthusiastic about your post. Thank you :blush: for this!
    Jeannie
9 Likes

challenge entry 2
Setting up my altar and trying to figure out daily practices i realised a cleansing thing i am already doing . I wear crystal jewerlly and i have a slab or charging plate of selenite that i use to cleanse and charge tje jewelry i wear. the photo here os different location to where it was 20min ago lol as i had been setting up altar and realised that might just fit into this catagory of cleansing.

Also in order tp set up the new altar i had to clean and cleanse the space i was creating so i could set up the new altar. So without realising it ive managed to do a few cleansing activities and also been using the apple and cinnomon sticks cleaning products around house more since last post so thats cool.

14 Likes

I made cleansing chalk!

This cleansing chalk is designed to cleanse items or a space. It can also be used to draw sigils or other magickal symbols in your spiritual practice.

A great use would be to draw protection sigils/magickal symbols under a welcome mat at your front door. :grin: Which is exactly what I used it for.

What youā€™ll need:

Dry and crush the eggshells with a mortar and pestle or drop them into an electric grinder.

When finely ground into a powder add the sage essential oil.

Next, add the dried sage and grind until it becomes a fine powder.

Once completely ground, add the rock salt and crush into a fine powder.

Add the cleansing powder into a bowl (Measure how much you have first).

Now add the same amount of plain white flour to the bowl.

Example: If you have one cup of cleansing powder add 1 cup of flour.

Slowly add water until it becomes a dough-like consistency.

Roll the dough into four long pieces of chalk.

Allow the chalk to air dry completely before use.

Until next time, Live, Love, & Magick!

-Laurie

15 Likes