šŸ² Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Dragon Magick

I did not expect to love this challenge so much! I did the Connect with Your Guardian Dragon meditation above and I was BLISSED out. I really liked that picture of the golden dragon above so I painted a gold dragon on a red jar candle and lit that during the meditation. My benevolent and protective guardian dragon was gold, as well (in my mind), with opalescent touches on the abdomen throat and wings. Masculine energy. So beautiful. During the meditation I felt fire energy but also earth energy (from the crystal cave), air energy (beating wings and smoke, tendrils) and water energy (glistening scales, fluid movement). It was so relaxing and I enjoyed it immensely. I think I will have to do more dragon work!

I also read a little about dragons online. I discovered that Oolong tea means dragon tea, that it is a mix of black and green tea and that it can help lower your blood pressure. I also found that the Natural History Museum in New York has a ā€œMythic Creaturesā€ exhibit and they had a lot of information about dragons and their meaning in different cultures on the website.

12 Likes

Hey, everyone! I hope youā€™re all doing well! :green_heart:

Unfortunately, Iā€™m super busy again this week and havenā€™t had much downtime ā€“ or energy, to be honest ā€“ to do much for this weekā€™s challenge. I decided to do the ā€œConnect with Your Guardian Dragon Meditationā€ linked above.

I didnā€™t really expect much to happen because typically, I have to do a guided meditation several times before I begin to feel any results. During this one, however, I felt protected and felt a boost of confidence very quickly into the meditation. Iā€™ll definitely have to try it again soon! :dragon:

12 Likes

Oh My Goodness! How Cute Is he!!!

9 Likes

The Draconic Reincarnation Spell was a success! :dragon:
And wow, I have a lot to unpack from this ritual.

I sprayed myself with dragonā€™s blood, diffused some clove essential oil to ward off negativity, cast a circle and invoked Veaug, my dragon soul guardian, and the elemental dragons.
I then lit. a purple candle, poured some moon water into my cauldron and sprinkled some oregano around the rim (to enhance intuition and psychic power).
As I held a septarian stone and looked at my reflection in the water, I said this chant I wrote to uncover a past life about three, four times.

O Veaug,
Great Dragon God of Obscurity,
you who see all that is hidden in the dark,
you who light the way with a just single spark
Within these waters crystal clear,
show me who I have been
so that I may learn of the fears,
the regrets,
the doubts
buried deep within my soul.
Let them come pouring out,
out, out!
Let me see,
Let me accept,
all that I have been and all that I am.
So mote it be.

At least four things came to my mind.

1. A still image of a jungle somewhere in Southeast Asia.
  2. An image of pyramid and a large stone head that was built by the Olmecs of Mesoamerica.
  3. An moving image of an ocean and a sky that went from clear to cloudy. Not sure which ocean though. I thought maybe the Caribbean or even the Mediterranean. Unlike the first image, I just didnā€™t know where this was.
  4. This was more or less a feeling. A feeling of
    sewing or doing embroidery work.

I chanted a fifth time and asked Veaug if he had anything else to show me or if he could explain some of these images to me,
especially the last two. But nothing else came and I had this feeling of someone was saying to me, ā€œMeditate on it. Youā€™ll figure it out.ā€

Told you it was a lot to unpack.:laughing: Iā€™ll have to meditate on these images and do some more research on the areas I was able to identify.
Iā€™m also going to have refrain from spell work for a bit. Draconic energy is powerful and can be draining, but very rewarding.

13 Likes

Well, I wasnā€™t so sure what to do for this weekā€™s challenge, so I researched a Dragon and wrote a chant to go with it. I found this lovely article on Chinese Dragons and went with Shenlong, Dragon of Wind and Rain.

And no, it has nothing to do with Shenlong being my favorite Gundam from Gundam Wing. Nothing at all! LOL!

I havenā€™t cast it, because I donā€™t need any rain right now, but I wrote it for the United States west because they need rain, thereā€™s a serious drought going on. You can change the cities to cities closer to you that need rain. Iā€™d use dragon blood incense and a blue candle to go with this chant.

Shenlong, Dragon of Rain hear my cry!
The land is parched, the rivers and lakes run dry.
Bring your blessing of rain to all nearby!

Los Angeles, Santa Ana, Salt Lake, and Thousand Oaks!
All drown in pollution and dust until you choke.
Bring your rain and clouds, wrap them around them like a cloak!

Shenlong, Dragon of Wind and Rain, hear me I pray!
Bring your blessing of Water to the Earth this day!

13 Likes

Okā€¦ so for this challenge I went ahead and incorporated a colour with my weekly challenge. When I think about dragons :dragon:I think about protection and the colours red or green, so I took the time out today to learn little about the red dragon.

Through researching I found that the red dragon symbolized happiness and :four_leaf_clover: good luck. It is for this reason, the symbol is popular at weddings and other celebrations to encourage happiness and good luck. I also believe that the red dragon is a source of protection and can aid the believe or practioner great protection.For this month I found good luck and protection are two of the most important things I wanted to work on this month, so using this red dragon was a good go after for the challenge.I also found this picture of a red dragon that resonates with my correspondence, having not worked with dragons before but I am willing to learn more about them in time,that I share with you below.

Source: Pinterest.com

I somewhat manage to source a very powerful protection spell as well to go along with my good luck protection dragon.

For the protection spell I will add this to my BOS for emergency when in need of urgent protection. I also plan on adding some dragons blood incense to this spell and a red and black candle. I certainly enjoyed this challenge since I have learnt some thing new :hugs: I have also provided a link to a website that aids in giving more beneficial information on these magickalā€‹:dizzy: creatures.

Dragons and Meanings I do hope you find the information provided useful.

Blessed BešŸ’«

17 Likes

Mary, arenā€™t you the clever girl!

9 Likes

My crystal Dragon :dragon: is Obsidian
Black Obsidian

Obsidian, another non-mineral, is a volcanic glass, born literally of forceful fiery energy.
Birthed in a volcanic eruption when molten lava spews up from a volcano, obsidian flies out & then cools quickly once it touches the cooler land or much cooler water, sometimes forming tiny bubbles
This contains vulgar language so I blurred it out for those of you that donā€™t like profanity.

I thought it was interesting, Obsidian, another non-mineral, is a volcanic glass, born literally of forceful fiery energy.
First I meditated with a crystal to allow my fiery dragonā€™s energy of power to be in the crystal. This energy is sent to the source which was the obsidian pic down below. I relaxed outside and visualized a red and yellow triangle that was apparent in my mindā€™s eye. For meditation, I used a technique called ā€œthe complete breathā€
inhale deeply to counter for pushing the belly out as you inhale. Hold the breath four counts and hold the lungs empty for four counts repeat.

My dragon fire was completely inside me and I visualized a fiery light all around. With every breath, I held in dragon breath till it filled my aura. I started to fill my scales down my back turning into the dragon archetype. I filled my obsidian with my breath and it was charged for dragon power. ā€œThere are no limitations to my reality I am a dragonā€!
The phases of the moon since Iā€™m practicing on Sunday the days and hours of the moon are good for works of intuition Fertility and gross. Visionary works and works with the inner mind work invincibility and deceit. This is all paraphrased from my book.
1.The robe
2.the cord
3.the amulet/Tailsman
I consecrate these items and my magical tools
the water and the book.

First I opened a circle & I blessed and concentrated all my sacred objects. When everything was assembled I said out loud let this road be a mantle of power and a blessing of protection and me.
(For the girdle formed by several windings of the cord around the waist.)
I bind this cord as an emblem of magic as a sign of the web of the world and as a symbol of my dedication to art.
(For the lamen)
Let this tells a man to be strong to bind the power of the dragon on to me that I may speak with every kind of spirit and that and safety.
Here are my sigils

I think of the Dragon :dragon_face: being strong and doesnā€™t take any shit energy! I like that because I have a soft heart :heart: but that doesnā€™t mean I should take any shit! (I got this from Hecate)

I am a villain I am an outcast hidden behind the shadows with conflict grief and pain.
At times I feel like I am going insane.
My old bones are tired from the choices of my past.
My old soul has been weekend by all that what was done in vain; things just donā€™t feel the same.
Iā€™ve been stabbed in the back and I even have the scar to prove it! In my fears and regret lies and deceit. I was buried and felt Iā€™d be better off buried in the grave and everyone would forget me lonely and isolated as if I were better off dead ā€œat the Darkest Hour light came to lightā€ (The power of myth Joseph Campbellā€. How do I slay the Dragon in me?
I ask myself to manifest a dream and even though I was a scared Dragon. I took a big step to call upon my Dragon to assess my Unleash me from my ugly self!

Great Dragon,
Unleash your fire within me and Kindel the flame. Help me to find my voice again.( the third chakra). I am ever so passionate when I called to you Dragon to face my fears. I ask to give me the courage to change. I am ugly inside and itā€™s too hard to look at some times but believe me if you would honor you and I plea to you! I would be a good Devote.
ā€œShow me your powerā€ ā€œShow me your strengthā€and allow me to go deep inside and help me to land on my 2 feet again.
Help me to create some new ideas that will stir my life in the right direction. Out of nothing, help me to be strong. Dragon :dragon:
I am ā€œreadyā€ for your fire energy to move forward. To take a giant step! One strong breath of flames to help me tame.
Itā€™s like a blessing but a curse inside guide me! ā€œI need clarityā€!
Dragon help me to align my thoughts with reality within the physical world.

Dragon fly Animal Totem
Nymphs to a Dragon fly!
Dragonfly they move from egg to lava to adult they come from the water and then air. So think of the element water & element in the air elemental. Air communication & water is healing. The nymph starts life in the water and then they shed their skin then they can fly.They start out really ugly then they end up looking beautiful. Itā€™s not about how you start but how you finish. I am not afraid to change. I manifest my life and plan out the next 3 to 5 years or 10 years.Trust everything will be OK release review plan. Interest self moving to the next steps.
Creating boundaries and think to yourself I have the power to restructure and if you donā€™t meet those needs take control and hold the key you are a leader. Change is a must to adjust expand what are your ingredients.
I was weaker now I am stronger
I lacked confidence but now I have what it takes

Hereā€™s a website I found about Dragons
Dragons
![image|375x500(upload://5tyea5HHmBwfSyZHTVzFCowqb5o.jpeg)
Thank you I hope :pray: evryo e would be so blessed to have this fiery Dragon :dragon_face: by your side!

Thank you Kassandra for this purpose of taming the Dragon inside me! I also have the Dragon Oracle and Dragons Tarot. I took a picture so you can see. I was thinking about the ocean today and how I should expand my opportunities for the future. I might just quite my job and go to beauty school! I want to ask to and be more direct about what I want! There are so many options when I think of the ocean :ocean: I think how wide it is. I want to expand my thinking and manifest opportunities! To go further & father places. Places I never thought I could go too! So I understand why you thought of the ocean!

Thank you to all our leadership you know who you are!

:sparkles:Iris- I like ur Dragon figure looks fiery! Your alter looks great!

:sparkles:Soifra- Thanks for the witchy tip on using the Dragons blood. I have some safe that I purchased that is Dragons blood.

:sparkles:Fabian-

Blockquote

Thatā€™s pretty good all in a :chestnut: nutshell! This is one of the main reasons why I like working with the Dragon is because Itā€™s associated with everything you said!

:sparkles:Garnet-
I see you did a wonderful job with that poem. I envy you! I love how you express yourself so well!
You gave me inspiration to write mines! You have so many talents! :fire:
Awsome!:star2:

:sparkles:Travel Witch,
Me and my cousin were just talking about the tea Rex and how the tea Rex wad a dinosaur and the dinosaur could have been a dragon.
Awsome findings!

:sparkles:Christina- I love :heart: ur deck! Thanks :blush: very lovely I indeed!

:sparkles:Steph- I love the myth about dragons because they tell a story of the hero!the hero is the person who is on that journey. The western dragon represents greed however the Chinese dragon is different it represents the vitality of the swamps and comes up beating its belly and bellowing itā€™s that lovely kind of dragon one that use the bounty of the waters and is the great glorious gift :gift_heart:

:sparkles:Megan12- I liked your protection amulet and so many herbs :potted_plant: I have so many and I am going to try to use more in my magical workings!

:sparkles:Mary25- what a beautiful color and I really think the Gold Dragon gave it a special touch to your spell!

:sparkles:Wade- I know the feeling and not having time so I am glad you made some time for yourself!

:sparkles:Amethyst- I like the Chinease dragon much better than the western that is evil! :four_leaf_clover: Thanks for the information! I didnā€™t know that there were nine different dragons this was very informative thank you!
& Water :sweat_drops: is very precious and we need water to survive so I appreciate you thinking about mother earth!
What a beautiful chant and prayer!
:sparkles:Nick Wick - I will save this protection spell thank you! thank you
I appreciate your help and finding This amazing spell!:grin:
Thank you all blessed be!
Jeannie

13 Likes

Beautiful Dragon Oracle reading, @Christina4- the cards are gorgeous and they have some beautiful wisdom! Nicely done! :dragon_face: :flower_playing_cards:

I agree @steph! Dragon Magick really does open the door into the ā€˜unknownā€™ and to challenge us to look beyond what we accept as reality :door: . Thereā€™s a lot to be gained in working with these powerful creatures! :dragon_face: :blush:

Ahhhh I love the feathered dinosaur, @Kasandra - Iā€™m sure it was a very fierce creature, but the picture looks so sweet! :heart_eyes: And a huge congrats on the Craconic Reincarnation Spell- I know you worked hard and planned a lot for this ritual, and it sounds like it was roaring success, even if Veaug gave you a lot to unpack- good for you! :tada:

Once again, beautifully done on your dragon spell in the other thread @phoenix_dawn! Thanks for sharing :heart:

Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed the challenge, @mary25- it sounds like you had a lovely experience meeting your guardian dragon :yellow_heart: And such a lovely dragon you connected with- I love how you captured His likeness on the candle. It will make a lovely addition to your altar or for more dragon spellwork in the future :blush:

Sorry to hear its been hectic for you lately, @Jewitch- may things calm down soon and that you can find more time to relax and recover! :pray: Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the meditation and felt an aura of protection- may your guardian dragon watch over and guide you :dragon_face: :heart:

A gorgeous poem for a lovely dragon, @Amethyst- your talents shine brightly once again! :clap: And you are so thoughtful to write it for an area that could use the blessing of rain :cloud_with_rain: I love how it is so verstile- a very useful spell indeed! Thanks so much for sharing it :blush:

Thank you for your wisdom on the red dragon, @NickWick- when I think of red dragons, I always think first of Smaug from The Hobbit, who did not give red dragons a very good name :laughing: Your researchof red dragons reveals a much nicer and more beneficial side- a delight to learn about! :pray: Thank you for both the wisdom and the lovely protection spell :sparkles:

Good for you, @Jeannie1- strength comes in many forms (like the Tarot card Strength reveals) and the dragon is a quintessential symbol of both internal and external strength :muscle: :heart: May the dragon help you to stand up for yourself and know when itā€™s time to say no to BS :crossed_swords: Be strong and proud of who you are inside and out! :raised_hands:

8 Likes

We are in the process of packing up here as we will be moving out of our apartment next week! :house_with_garden: The original plan was to head back to the USA and visit family for a bit, but as the borders are still currently closed to the EU, weā€™ll be staying with my partnerā€™s family here in Poland.

With my crystals wrapped up safely and my amulets, charms, and even some dried herbs tucked away, I figured it was a good chance to cleanse and bless a few Draconic items in the hopes of protecting everything in the suitcases :shield: :baggage_claim: Unfortunately, it looks like things may have to stay packed up for quite a while :sweat_smile:

The two dragon bracelets will go in one suitcase each, while the Dragon Talisman (an omamori I bought at a shrine in Japan) will stay in its place guarding the front door to our apartment until move out day :door:

Like @IrisW mentioned in her post, since starting this challenge I have been seeing dragons everywhere- theyā€™re in the news (they just uncovered the remains of a ā€œDragon Manā€), theyā€™re on decorative buildings in Warsawā€™s Old Town, and we are planning a trip later next month to see the famous Wawel Dragon in KrakĆ³w (who shoots fire when you send a text to a certain phone number :fire::iphone: )

In the theme of dragons, new beginnings, and exciting adventures, Iā€™ll share one of my favorite fun facts about dragons:

Did you know? That on maps (both historical and fantastical) there are often pictures of dragons and/or the words ā€œHere be Dragonsā€- this is because dragons were a symbol of the unknown, something beyond the edge of the map :map:

[Pic from Dragon Mapping]

Dragons are a symbol of what lies beyond boundaries- they are a marker for adventure and a sigil of greatness that lies just beyond the edge of your comfort zone :compass:

11 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: June 29th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :dragon_face: :heart:

6 Likes

The fun fact was interesting! But I hope you have a smooth move! After the borders open back up, of course.

7 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely welcome :sparkles::hugs::sparkles:

7 Likes

Wow thatā€™s super neat!! I have to learn more because now Iā€™m interested :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Beautiful! :heart_eyes::dragon: You did a great job!

7 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, @Jeannie1! If going to beauty school is something youā€™ve always wanted to do and youā€™d be much happier, Iā€™d say, go for it! :facepunch:

7 Likes

Ohā€¦ I love that ćŠå®ˆć‚Š(omamori)! :heart_eyes: Itā€™s well-made and would be great to hang from any door in an apartment or house. Good luck moving into your new apartment! May the red dragon continue to protect you and your partner. :dragon:

6 Likes

It makes a lot of sense that red dragons would be associated with happiness, luck and protection, since red is a lucky color to the Chinese people.
Iā€™ve been trying to visualize what Tysteal might look like. Because sheā€™s a sheppard goddess you can turn to for good luck and protection, I imagine that she would be a red dragon too!

Image Found On Pinterest.

9 Likes

Thank you! Right now the Western US is melting, I hope to send them some much needed rain.

5 Likes

Thank you for liking it! I was worried that I didnā€™t capture the feel of a dragon but I like what I wrote. Maybe because Iā€™m used to thinking about dragons and fire and this one is a water dragon. Who knows?

6 Likes