:witch_pentacle: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Finding Your Witchy Talents

This is so difficult… I’m going to use questions to guide me.

What drew you to magick?
I’m really not sure. I’ve always been drawn to the aesthetic. For example, I always play magickal classes in games, and I’ve often drawn myself as a witch or sorceress. When/If I finally get my old external HDD recovered, I will share my first digital self-portrait of myself in 2003/2004 dressed as a witch. I don’t know why I drew myself as a witch, but I did. But like I said in my introduction…

What a trip down memory lane it is, reading that post! Anyway, I don’t really understand how, why, or when. It’s just… Something I’m drawn to.

Tarot and oracle

I feel comfortable with tarot by now. I started at the start of the year. The first “deck” I used was the Rider-Waite I printed on paper and cut out. :joy:

Then, I saw a deck that resonated very strongly with me, and I got it. I haven’t tried any others since, but I’m on the lookout every so often for something that catches my eye.

I’m also thinking of making my own demon-themed oracle deck, but I need my life to settle down a bit first. :smile:

Spells, rituals, and spell jars

I got started with these even before tarot readings. I did simple things, mostly around gathering and strengthening my own abilities.

These are a really fun part of what I do. It’s just that I don’t usually feel like I have a need for them. So, if I do such things, they’re usually around protection, cleansing, or healing. But I have made the odd abundance and prosperity jar.

Deity devotionals

These are probably technically rituals but I’m putting them separately because I find it really fulfilling to have a little space dedicated to different deities and connecting with their energies every so often. :blush:

Green and kitchen magick

Probably the thing I’ve done the most. I was probably doing this before I even embraced my witchyness because there was always something different about my cooking. I’m not an amazing cook, but everyone who eats my cooking always feels very happy. Which makes me happy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyway, since embracing my witchyness, I’ve used herbs and other ingredients more intentionally. I’ve started making specialty teas for purposes beyond relaxation and I’ve started drying my own fresh herbs, grinding them myself, and making different mixes.

I’ve made a few attempts to grow my own herbs, but I will need to start from scratch again. Fourth time’s the charm at our new place? :grin:

Crystals and crystal jars

I started collecting stones when I was a little kid and I still have those initial stones today. I started collecting them again based on what they’re useful for in 2019 and I started using them to store energy from spells this year.

I also create little jars of crystals based around certain purposes and tie a little pendant around them. They’re like spell jars but just with crystal energy. :blush:

Meditation and visualisation

I feel like I’m good enough at visualisation but not as much at meditation itself. I got a lot of practice in a very mundane way through my life by watching or making movies in my head. I know some movies scene by scene, line by line, after only having seen them a few times. So I would “watch” them when bored. Same goes for music, but that’s easier since it’s just replaying the sound.

Meditation is something that I’m working on.

Candles

Candles have been a joy to incorporate in what I do. Sometimes, I’m just looking for an excuse to use some candles.

I also bought a kit to start making my own candles and I’m really looking forward to that at our new place!

I recently did a ritual where I had both fire and lots of water in sight, and I really loved seeing them both. :blue_heart: :heart:

Baths

I’ve been using baths to help me with my practice a lot since starting. Something about the water helped me go from struggling to connect to actually being able to. They helped me quiet myself and calm down enough to even get started with meditation, for example.

I’ve also gotten into making bath salt soak mixes myself, usually focusing on deity themes, but sometimes based on other uses such as relaxation or fostering a certain mindset.

I feel like I could elaborate much more on all of the above if I had the emotional and mental energy, but I don’t, so I’ll leave that as a brief “Introduction to what Katya does these days.” :black_heart:

12 Likes