Hi! I'm Katerina, and I'm new here

Hi, all! I’m Katerina. I grew up mostly in Sydney, Australia. I found my way here early in the year, after digging into information on different deities.

I’ve always been able to rely on my intuition, like, everything always works out for me in the end. So, despite all the anxiety I had most of my life, there were many times I’ve been inexplicably chill. (Fortunately, I won’t be entering my 30s with it still clinging to me – bye-bye, anxiety!) Especially when it comes to when things are going to happen.

For example, my partner was expecting a certain thing to happen 3 months from the start because that’s when we were told it would happen. I was like, “Don’t worry, it’s not going to happen until later in the year. Forget about it.” Then we got two more updates about the date, and more people agreed with my partner, expecting it to happen sooner, including professionals whose job is to prepare for it. And again, I was like, “Don’t worry, they’re wrong.” And guess, what? It was delayed until exactly when I said. Everyone close to me is so used to it by now that they don’t even ask how I know anymore.

Despite all my examples, I thought nothing non-mundane of it, until earlier this year when I got a few readings done. It was actually really helpful for different people to just flat-out say I’m psychic, an empath, and so on. I have a lot of self-doubt. Like, constant self-doubt in my mind about everything I do and say. So it’s always been weird that I’ve had 100% confidence in my intuition and whenever I doubt myself, I just defer to my subconscious knowing best.

But knowing there’s something more to it also helped my perspective towards those around me. I would wonder why they couldn’t see outcomes like I saw them. I would try to teach some of them to “think before worrying” because their anxiety towards the future worried me. I don’t want the people I care about to lose sleep and have high blood pressure from such silly things! It was the classic trope of seeing someone else suffering from something I used to making me want to help them overcome it even harder.

So, hearing that I’m the different one helped me relax, understand myself and others more, and realise I could help in different ways. I started doing weekly tarot readings for myself and was shocked about the accuracy the first 12 or so times. I thought maybe it’s just me, so I started doing some for friends, and when they were also mind-blown by their readings, I finally started to accept that I am capable of so much more than I thought.

I’ve always been looking for some way to help others, hence my attempts at becoming a teacher professionally (which I’ve failed every time, thanks to hating the bureaucracy), and always enjoying teaching what I know to others so they too can know. So, now I’m here, hoping to learn more and find my way around everything that’s come to light and will do so in the future. I have yet to discover all of what I’m capable of, but I am excited about the journey. And hopefully, I’ll even find a way to meaningfully contribute and help others, too! That’s the dream right there.

14 Likes

@starborn Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England. What a beautiful story. It’s wonderful that you’re here and I feel maybe meant to be. I personally follow Loki, as my patron deity, and have had wonderful connections with Spirit. You are gifted my lovely . Looking forward to getting to know you :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Hi, @starborn! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Wow, you have an amazing way of dealing with your abilities. You’re very lucky.

Besides your abilities, what kind of magic are you interested in? I’m an Eclectic Wiccan who likes candle magic and chants.

If you have any problems, just give a shot and someone will help. I look forward to getting to know you!

10 Likes

Welcome @starborn! I’m Susurrus, a moderator here at Spells8. Currently on my way back from a leave of absence.

There are a lot people here & very friendly & helpful. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Or share whatever you would like with us too :two_hearts: We all love to learn new things.

A lot of members are working on their intuition as well! They have also heard similar things about themselves. So I’m sure that you will find something for whatever part of your path you’re on. :hugs:

I look forward to speaking with you in the forum :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

Thanks, @tracyS, @Amethyst, and @Susurrus!

As for what kinds of magick, I’m still exploring that one.

I enjoy ritual magick every so often. Mostly on important dates. But I am terrible at keeping track of dates, even with calendar reminders and so on, so it’s a work in progress.

I pay attention to the moon when it’s full or new. Sometimes that means an offering to Hekate, sometimes it’s just burning a candle.

I enjoy cooking and love tea, so I infuse some herbal magick there, but it’s kind of just a part of what I do – I don’t really focus on it as magick, even though with the intents and purposes I focus on, it basically is. :sweat_smile:

I’ve also dabbled in sympathetic magick. I’ve made spells jars for myself and friends, but they seem most effective for others, not myself! I’m feeling like Phoebe from Charmed with that lottery ticket. :joy:

I’d like to do more intentional divination. I love my tarot deck so much that I try to incorporate it when I can. But I got to a point where I realised I was just asking it for things I didn’t need to know, so I took a break, and am only starting again now.

I guess this is really just a long way of saying I’m not sure, but I’m working on figuring it out! But it’s super useful for me to write my thoughts out – that’s my way of processing things. I’m grateful to have joined this space where I can talk to others about magick! :black_heart:

9 Likes

We do a group ritual every Thursday here with tea and a little magic so you should fit right in! Keep an eye out in the forum today because this week’s theme will be announced sometime during the day!

How it works is that sometime during the day you sit down with your cup of tea and do the meditation or spell and then when you have time journal about it on the forum! No set time or anything like that. It’s really fun. I hope to ‘see’ you there!

9 Likes

I currently, well I know I’m not Wiccan & that I fall more in the Irish Pagan caregpry with some sprinkles of other things :rofl: I really only regularly use tarot but for more of a direct(ish) question or situation. Oracle cards & if I use my pendulum I’m connecting with my ancestors. At times I do use Witches Runes for a more general idea & Lithomancy for kind of a helper… I guess :thinking:

I love :heart: to learn the history, background, & culture of the deities that I do work with & be able to put their positions :thinking: roles :thinking: uh… neither of those are right… but also… haven’t made it through my 1st cup of coffee :coffee: this AM either :laughing: Anyway… learning :nerd_face: is something I’m continually whether it in any way relates to my practice, healing, self-care, or self-awareness… which… all ties together really :joy:

I use energy & work with crystals. I love :heartpulse: crystals & not just because they’re pretty :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Hello Katerina @Starborn,

I hope you don’t mind if I jump on the welcome wagon too! I’m Bry, another of the moderators here in the forum- just wanted to say hi and welcome! :wave: :blush:

It sounds like you are really in touch with your intuition and that you have some wonderful skills for divination- that’s awesome! I’m wishing you all the best on your journey and I hope that you’ve been finding all of the materials here you’ve been looking for. There is a lot of content on both the main site and the forum, so if you ever need help finding anything, please give a shout! Your new Coven is a very friendly one- we’re happy to help however we can :handshake: :infinite_roots:

Make yourself at home here! Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

Merry meet! (love your username!)

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and The Morrigan, a recent guide in my life.

I really enjoyed reading about your journey, thank you for sharing. I loved your quote about discovering what you are capable of and excited about the journey. That’s a lovely way to look at things and a great way to approach life!

Welcome, so glad to have you here!

10 Likes

We do a group ritual every Thursday here with tea and a little magic

That sounds wonderful, @Amethyst! I’ll have to make my favourite, wu long (oolong) and join in. :smile:

10 Likes

I love :heart: to learn the history, background, & culture of the deities that I do work with

Same! I go down such a rabbit hole all the time. It often gets me sidetracked from my original purpose so much, just hours at a time. But I love it! :joy:

Which deities are you digging into the most recently, if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:

learning :nerd_face: is something I’m continually whether it in any way

I follow this very strongly as well. Learning is a joy in life, I find. :slightly_smiling_face:

I love crystals as well. Here are two jars of them I keep on my desk (out of five), that you might like. The left one has carnelian, citrine, and clear quartz, while the right one is all amethyst and clear quartz. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Hello :hugs: and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @starborn

It’s so nice to meet you, Katerina, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I’m curious about your name, “starborn”, so I hope you don’t mind me asking… are you a starseed? I have only recently accepted that I am a starseed! I have always wanted to help people, and I’ve struggled to figure out how to do that. After a vision, I learned how to use energy for healing.

You have some amazing gifts and I love your confidence! Overcoming anxiety is not easy to do! I am looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

10 Likes

Thank you, @BryWisteria. I appreciate this. :smile: I would love to contribute what I can at some point as well. Learning things is fun, but it’s even more fun if it helps others learn.

Thank you, @Artemisia. And I’m glad you found your way home; that’s so beautiful. :black_heart:

I’ve done some research on The Morrigan myself this year and find there are many different perspectives, so I would love to hear more of your thoughts if you’re up for it.

Thank you, @marsha. I started using the username “starborn” before I learnt of the existence of starseeds. But when curiosity brought me to ask about them and myself a few months ago, it turns out, I am! Or might be? Sirian Starseed, I believe was the term used.

I suppose a part of me expects to feel like a starseed to validate that I am, but on the other hand, it’s not as though I feel like a human, either. I don’t feel like anything, really. I just am what I am! It’s probably like asking a fish to describe water. So I’ve come to accept that I am and I’ll figure out what it means, if anything, when I can. :slightly_smiling_face:

I too would love to learn how to use energy for healing. It’s one of those areas where I’m very unsure and confused about it all.

Thank you for the comment about anxiety. I struggled with anxiety and depression for half my life, but now I appreciate the fresh air that is life without them. And life has never been better. :pray:

9 Likes

Welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m Celestia, a lover of all that is, and an empath too :heart: I’ve also always had a strong intuition, and I’ve learned to trust it, and to take life as it comes, leaving unhelpful fear and worry behind. Looking forward to talking with you more and learning together! :blush:

9 Likes

Welcome. I am new, too. :hugs:
People here are so wonderful and kind. Let’s get to know each other and everybody else :+1:

9 Likes

Great! It should be an interesting tea ritual with scrying this week!

9 Likes

@starborn hi :wave: sorry it took a bit to reply… I had a couple of big appointments yesterday & then errands :laughing:

I regularly work with & continually learn about Brighid & the Morrigan. However, due to their :thinking: origins? history? culture? (Please tell me you’re understanding what I’m getting at :rofl:) I also learn about them & all the things… IE: Tuatha de Danaan & their place? origins? history? (another wording thing there) in Ireland & their ancient, past, current roles in the beliefs & culture of Ireland. Many rabbit :rabbit2: holes all the time :rofl: Plus how they relate & work with each other… Basically learning whatever I can & as much as possible from source materials or historians, practitioners, again not sure what the words are but they are right on the tip of my tongue :joy:

I’m definitely more of an Irish Pagan & those are the beliefs that resonate the most with me. I have learned “Old” Irish for prayers & such to speak or work with them in their own language as well as my language. One of those things that I am probably 1 of a very few that do in my practice :rofl:

I’m pretty famous around here for my word salad :green_salad: :laughing:

9 Likes

Hello @starborn and welcome to the forum :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :revolving_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I know I’m a bit late to this welcome post, and we’ve already interacted elsewhere in the forum :sweat_smile: but I just wanted to hop in here and officially welcome you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It sounds like you’ve already had an interesting life, and you’re not even 30 yet! I’m happy to hear that you’ve leaned into embracing your intuition and psychic skills rather than shying away from them like many people do. I’m sure that, in doing so, you’ve been able to develop your skills and get to know them better. :heart:

I’m like @Susurrus – a Celtic Pagan with an Irish focus. I mainly work with Brigid, though I’ve been interested in a few other deities as well. I’m very short on time in my life :joy: so my research goes very, very slowly!

I hope you enjoy your time here!

9 Likes

@Susurrus I understand what you’re getting at, don’t worry. :smile: You write similarly to how I think and talk, but when my fingers hit the keyboard, I’m completely different. Technomancy~ :computer: :magic_wand: (I’m kidding.)

Thank you for your kind words, @MeganB. It’s been wonderful here so far, like little weights lifting off my chest each time I get to use my (digital) voice. And in reading everyone else’s experiences, about their lives, and hearing all their unique voices in my head, I feel much less alone each time. :black_heart:

I’m looking forward to learning more about Irish paganism. But I too perhaps, am spread too thin over too little bread, as Bilbo says, with activities, life, and work.

But my late great-grandfather was Irish, and I suppose I had a good connection with him as, after almost a decade of strokes, heart attacks, and dementia, I was the one person he recognised when we went to visit him. He also said goodbye to me in a dream the night he died, or it was me saying goodbye to him, I don’t know. It was a very vivid dream that I remember in full colour even now, six years later.

9 Likes

I’m the same as you when I get behind the screen - I’m not such an eloquent speaker, which is funny because I have an online presence lol - but typing helps me slow down and actually say what I mean. I’m also autistic (self-diagnosed) and have ADHD, so physically speaking is like a circular conversation, and sometimes I never even get to the point :joy: When I type, I can make sure I’m concise rather than rambling - usually!

I have ancestors from Ireland and elsewhere in Europe, but none as recent as a great-grandfather. That’s such an amazing connection to have! :heart: I’m sure you’ll be right at home here in the forum - I hope you’ll stick around!

10 Likes