🫶 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

@MeganB i feel you! I’ve only been crocheting since 2018, so I’m a little intimidated by projects that require too many skeins! I recently learned how to do a magic knot that made color changes sooo much better. I’m a fan of ombré yarns. I just finished this virus shawl (terrible picture, but I’m using it as a blanket this second). Right now I am trying to finish up some works in progresss before I jump into a moss stitch baby blanket for my parapet. I need some easy wins after that last project! LOL!

Ok, the picture won’t load right now, but I’ll take a pretty one and send it to you in a bit!

4 Likes

And the last batch of entries- last, but certainly not least! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Rowan The candle is absolutely beautiful- I am sure it is going to burn brightly with all of the wonderful attributes you infused into it! And congrats to your girls on their new jobs at the donut shop :blush::doughnut: They are both very blessed to be heading off to work with such loving blessings from their mom- beautiful work on the candle!

@IrisW Thank you for sharing the Infinite Roots coven symbol pdf! :pray::infinite_roots:

@Amaris_Bane That is a gorgeous box :heart_eyes: You took something that was nice and made it exquisite- what a perfect home for your decks! Now there’s just one problem: their new home is so nice that they aren’t going to want to come out for readings anymore! :laughing: :+1:

@crystal5 Your shawl is beautiful, Crystal, and I love that it is going to hold the essence of summer in it- that is going to be perfect to keep you warm and thinking of happy summer days during the dark months of winter! So lovely! :heart:

@Mistella Witch bells! Witch bells! Hooray! :partying_face: They came out absolutely gorgeous, and my heart was singing while I read your description of each element you included and why you chose it- you put so much thought and care into crafting these bells, Mistella, and it really shows! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your son and his girlfriend are very blessed indeed- they are so lucky to have you! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work :sparkles:

@Reiko The pic showed and it’s lovely- that is an awesome poppet, Reiko! :clap::grinning: I also think the gingerbread-style pattern is very charming, it makes for a good idea with plenty of space inside to put your herbs. The sigil and “stitches” are very creative touches too- I love how it came out! :heart: Despite not being confident with the theme, you did a really great job- thank you for jumping in and sharing your fun crafting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Artemisia They dried really quickly- I think your herbs were excited to be turned into a wreath! :laughing: And ohhhh how lovely it is- I love the balance between the greenery and the bright flowers. They will continue to be bright and cheery for you long into the winter- that is one happy wreath! :sun_with_face: And the bags!!! Ahhh!!! :heart_eyes: It looks like you are having fun with crafting them, and they are a delight to see! Thanks for sharing, Kat- enjoy your new treasures!

@Susurrus The chakra rollers look lovely- what a fun idea to give a new life to the broken bracelet and add the chips to each bottle, that’s awesome! :gem: And I’m always in awe of your altar space, it is so beautiful! :sparkling_heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage You sewed those pentacle patterns, Sarall!?! That’s amazing! :star_struck: Goodness, they turned out stunning- may I ask how you plan to use them on your altar? Will you make a banner, or place them around the space? I am sure whatever you do, they will be lovely! :heart: And the triangle and bench are gorgeous too- to master so many different styles of crafts, you are such a talented crafter, Sarall! :partying_face:

@Phoenix_Rose Adding beads to the crocheted bag is such a fun idea- I cannot wait to hear how it turns out, Maudot! :heart_eyes: Happy crafting!

@Amethyst You’re very welcome, Amethyst- I’m happy you tried it too! Proud of you! :heart::sunflower:

@Jeannie1 Your symbols are beautiful, Jeannie- each one is a physical and tangible representation of the important things in your life. They are all very powerful! :muscle: :two_hearts: And I really love the Spells8 candle you made too- you light it with such beautiful and loving intentions. Lots of love and appreciation to you as well, thank you for helping to share creativity and inspiration! :candle::sparkling_heart:

And with that, I believe all entries have been accounted for! (As always, if I accidentally missed anyone and you didn’t get a reply and/or the badge you earned, please shoot me a message so I can fix it!)

(And awww thank you so much to @crystal5, @AileyGrey, and @Phoenix_Rose- I’m so grateful and have so much fun seeing everyone’s entries- it takes a while, but the least I can do is write a few words back to everyone to say thanks! :heart:)

Challenges are always exciting for me to see how everyone tackles the theme, and I have to admit it’s pretty bittersweet to be bringing this one to a close! I had so much fun and was so inspired by everyone’s creations this week- thanks again to all who joined in! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

@AileyGrey & @MeganB… what is this Tunisian Crochet that you speak of? :face_with_monocle: I love to make things & if it’s a different type of stitch pattern, I would love to learn a new way to crochet! I am a fan of the ombre yarns too, I enjoy making things with multiple skeins, but when I was learning, I made a lot of blankets of varying sizes. Dolls, infants, small children, adults, throws, twin, queen… lots of blankets :flushed: I am very intrigued though…

@BryWisteria thank you, the chips were too small to add to my chakra stones bags, but I thought the extra boost in the rollers was a good idea & would help mix the oils together when I shook or flipped them. Also, thank you for my altar! That’s one thing I keep up on each day with making sure it’s tidy & there’s room to work.

7 Likes

whBeautiful entries everyone! My puppers Franklin had an allergic reaction that ive been dealing with since Monday evening. So my plans to do the witches ladder fell through…He was miserable hives, vomitting, diarrhea until this morning.

IMG_3864
Heres some pics of his hives and swelling of his face. And him enjoying a fruit popsicle. I had to pull up his water only allowing him a drink every 30 minutes, but he loved licking the popsicle.
Thank you @BryWisteria for the challenge and new badge!
Bless-ed Be

11 Likes

P.S. Yes thats a Hekate bead chain attached to his harness and a pouch of crystals…lol. I whispered Hekates protection last night to him and this morning…Frankie is better.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tunisian Crochet :yarn:

Oh my goodness, much love & healing your way Frankie by way of @Rowan! I’m glad that he’s feeling better. You may have found a new favorite summer treat for him! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the lovely compliments. I plan on using the pentacles as a centerpiece on my altar. I just wanted more colors to coordinate with my spells and to have my decor match :wink: I will use them one at a time on the altar or anywhere I feel needs some protection.

I finished up the little shelf and added some moss to the bench. Here’s a look at them finished…

and I’m almost finished with my flower of life project. I can’t remember who had this idea but I read about it in the forum. I think it was a great idea!

I used a flat clear glass plate and traced it with a paint pen. I can’t wait to consecrate it so I can put it to use!
Thank you who had that idea :rose: :rose:
I think I better do laundry today :weary: I’ve been too distracted at my craft table lately :yum: Its been a blast!
:butterfly:

13 Likes

Sarall,
Wow I love ur creativity! Very unique! I just want to make my own know! I’ve thought of doing this once! I love how it looks so natural and organic!

Jeannie

5 Likes

Thanks @Jeannie1. I got the idea from a you tuber I’ve been following. She has some great ideas!

and…

They are really relaxing videos and she has an awesome forest that she visits :wink:

8 Likes

thank you!

6 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage I love the little shelf & bench! They are awesome!

I’m figuring out a second altar space :thinking: where I can layout my crystal grid cloths to use them. Right now I don’t have anywhere to set one up & leave it for some time. So I think half of my nightstand is becoming a smaller altar. I love inspiration! :heart:

8 Likes

Poor puppy! Glad he’s doing better!

6 Likes

@Susurrus Your love and care for the space shows- it’s not only lovely visually, it has a really warm and cozy atmosphere too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Rowan It’s my pleasure, Rown- the badge suits you very well! :blush: I’m so sorry to hear that your cute pup was sick but it sounds like you took very good care of him and that Hekate gave Her blessing too- I’m thrilled he’s doing much better now! :heart::dog:

@Sarafeena_Sage Ahhhh!!! :heart_eyes: Oh my goodness, they were cute before and now they are divine- the moss and natural touches really bring them to life, Sarall! And ohhhh at your Flower of Life grid, that’s a lovely treasure too! Good luck with the consecration, may all your beautiful things serve you well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria - I don’t know if it really shows in the picture of my altar, but I now have 2 Labradorite Palm Stones. I was in the basement with my son looking for something else & walked by an open box. So I peeked in the top to see what was in it… some of my mother’s things from her purse & nightstand. I saw a glimmer & opened the box. There it was a pretty good sized polished Labrodorite palm stone… it’s bigger than the one I already have! I had no idea, she never said anything about owning such things or that she had any kind of interest in them. Even if it was a gift, she never said anything to me. So took that baby upstairs with me along with a coming that says, May Good Luck Always Accompany the Bearer… that I found under the stone. Then there is a pendant that just, I don’t know, I need to do some research about it because there is just something about it… I have a picture of it, but haven’t searched for anything yet. Today may be the day…

It looks cool, but I feel like there is something I am supposed to know about it, so figured I would start with the basics first. :laughing:

8 Likes

TravelWitch,
Ur welcome I really enjoyed creating my candle only when I used the pdf the picture was really big. I have been lighting my candle here and there. When ever I get the chance
Jeannie

5 Likes

Sarall,
I love the antique look and how she creates her own! Unbelievable it looks great! I I was just planning on spending lots of money! This is a really great idea! I love it!
I wish I would have learned this earlier! It’s never to late though!
Thank you Sarall
You did a great job Love :heart: It to pieces!
Jeannie
Jeannie

5 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1 I’m glad you enjoyed her video. I really enjoy how relaxing she is and she has some great ideas too. I hope you enjoy this technique as much as I have :two_hearts: I hope to see your shelf here when you get it done :wink:

5 Likes

@Susurrus You have so many fun treasures :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The pendant with the cat is very interesting- is it some type of clockwork cat, in a clock? Very curious indeed- I hope you have fun exploring it! There must be some reason it is calling to you :cat: :sparkles:

@Jeannie1 It’s a beautiful candle and it sounds like it has been serving you well in your practice, Jeannie :blush: May it continue to burn brightly and beautifully! :candle::infinite_roots: :heart:

7 Likes

It looks like an older type of image of a cat, I’m very drawn to the eyes, but don’t understand the clockwork inside the cat? I have no idea where my mother got this, when, from who… It was in the box with the mystery Labradorite palm stone.

As a matter of fact, I’ll be back with what I find out in a few minutes… :hugs:

Edit: So I poked around really quick… I found it on a “witchy” site for Cats: Gothic, Egyptian, & Witch & it was on Etsy listed as a pocket watch or pendant for a necklace or even a locket. This is definitely a pendant… but I have found that it is just described as a Gothic Steampunk Cat Clock Pendant…

I’m no expert here, but my mother either was witchy or was close to someone that was at least somewhat witchy. I have no idea who it was though or why she was given this pendant. It’s not something she would buy or get for herself. I don’t think it was her, she was very much a reborn Christian/Baptist…somewhere in there. I remember being like… don’t talk to me about the bible or religion or needing Jesus… I was confirmed in the Catholic Church because… parents… then I never went back to church unless it was my mom’s funeral service in 2003… which… I almost got tossed from that day, but that’s a story for another time…

So for now, it will hang out on my altar… maybe some dowsing with my mat should be done if I can put the pendant in the center? I’ll come up with something because right now it’s listed everywhere as vintage & such but only for like $3? It’s the image thought that I keep needing to look at… there’s something with this pendant…

Mom & Mother

For those confused my “Mom” died in 2003, my biological mother died in 2021 & here we are

6 Likes