šŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

@MeganB i feel you! Iā€™ve only been crocheting since 2018, so Iā€™m a little intimidated by projects that require too many skeins! I recently learned how to do a magic knot that made color changes sooo much better. Iā€™m a fan of ombrĆ© yarns. I just finished this virus shawl (terrible picture, but Iā€™m using it as a blanket this second). Right now I am trying to finish up some works in progresss before I jump into a moss stitch baby blanket for my parapet. I need some easy wins after that last project! LOL!

Ok, the picture wonā€™t load right now, but Iā€™ll take a pretty one and send it to you in a bit!

4 Likes

And the last batch of entries- last, but certainly not least! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Rowan The candle is absolutely beautiful- I am sure it is going to burn brightly with all of the wonderful attributes you infused into it! And congrats to your girls on their new jobs at the donut shop :blush::doughnut: They are both very blessed to be heading off to work with such loving blessings from their mom- beautiful work on the candle!

@IrisW Thank you for sharing the Infinite Roots coven symbol pdf! :pray::infinite_roots:

@Amaris_Bane That is a gorgeous box :heart_eyes: You took something that was nice and made it exquisite- what a perfect home for your decks! Now thereā€™s just one problem: their new home is so nice that they arenā€™t going to want to come out for readings anymore! :laughing: :+1:

@crystal5 Your shawl is beautiful, Crystal, and I love that it is going to hold the essence of summer in it- that is going to be perfect to keep you warm and thinking of happy summer days during the dark months of winter! So lovely! :heart:

@Mistella Witch bells! Witch bells! Hooray! :partying_face: They came out absolutely gorgeous, and my heart was singing while I read your description of each element you included and why you chose it- you put so much thought and care into crafting these bells, Mistella, and it really shows! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your son and his girlfriend are very blessed indeed- they are so lucky to have you! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work :sparkles:

@Reiko The pic showed and itā€™s lovely- that is an awesome poppet, Reiko! :clap::grinning: I also think the gingerbread-style pattern is very charming, it makes for a good idea with plenty of space inside to put your herbs. The sigil and ā€œstitchesā€ are very creative touches too- I love how it came out! :heart: Despite not being confident with the theme, you did a really great job- thank you for jumping in and sharing your fun crafting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Artemisia They dried really quickly- I think your herbs were excited to be turned into a wreath! :laughing: And ohhhh how lovely it is- I love the balance between the greenery and the bright flowers. They will continue to be bright and cheery for you long into the winter- that is one happy wreath! :sun_with_face: And the bags!!! Ahhh!!! :heart_eyes: It looks like you are having fun with crafting them, and they are a delight to see! Thanks for sharing, Kat- enjoy your new treasures!

@Susurrus The chakra rollers look lovely- what a fun idea to give a new life to the broken bracelet and add the chips to each bottle, thatā€™s awesome! :gem: And Iā€™m always in awe of your altar space, it is so beautiful! :sparkling_heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage You sewed those pentacle patterns, Sarall!?! Thatā€™s amazing! :star_struck: Goodness, they turned out stunning- may I ask how you plan to use them on your altar? Will you make a banner, or place them around the space? I am sure whatever you do, they will be lovely! :heart: And the triangle and bench are gorgeous too- to master so many different styles of crafts, you are such a talented crafter, Sarall! :partying_face:

@Phoenix_Rose Adding beads to the crocheted bag is such a fun idea- I cannot wait to hear how it turns out, Maudot! :heart_eyes: Happy crafting!

@Amethyst Youā€™re very welcome, Amethyst- Iā€™m happy you tried it too! Proud of you! :heart::sunflower:

@Jeannie1 Your symbols are beautiful, Jeannie- each one is a physical and tangible representation of the important things in your life. They are all very powerful! :muscle: :two_hearts: And I really love the Spells8 candle you made too- you light it with such beautiful and loving intentions. Lots of love and appreciation to you as well, thank you for helping to share creativity and inspiration! :candle::sparkling_heart:

And with that, I believe all entries have been accounted for! (As always, if I accidentally missed anyone and you didnā€™t get a reply and/or the badge you earned, please shoot me a message so I can fix it!)

(And awww thank you so much to @crystal5, @AileyGrey, and @Phoenix_Rose- Iā€™m so grateful and have so much fun seeing everyoneā€™s entries- it takes a while, but the least I can do is write a few words back to everyone to say thanks! :heart:)

Challenges are always exciting for me to see how everyone tackles the theme, and I have to admit itā€™s pretty bittersweet to be bringing this one to a close! I had so much fun and was so inspired by everyoneā€™s creations this week- thanks again to all who joined in! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

@AileyGrey & @MeganBā€¦ what is this Tunisian Crochet that you speak of? :face_with_monocle: I love to make things & if itā€™s a different type of stitch pattern, I would love to learn a new way to crochet! I am a fan of the ombre yarns too, I enjoy making things with multiple skeins, but when I was learning, I made a lot of blankets of varying sizes. Dolls, infants, small children, adults, throws, twin, queenā€¦ lots of blankets :flushed: I am very intrigued thoughā€¦

@BryWisteria thank you, the chips were too small to add to my chakra stones bags, but I thought the extra boost in the rollers was a good idea & would help mix the oils together when I shook or flipped them. Also, thank you for my altar! Thatā€™s one thing I keep up on each day with making sure itā€™s tidy & thereā€™s room to work.

7 Likes

whBeautiful entries everyone! My puppers Franklin had an allergic reaction that ive been dealing with since Monday evening. So my plans to do the witches ladder fell throughā€¦He was miserable hives, vomitting, diarrhea until this morning.

IMG_3864
Heres some pics of his hives and swelling of his face. And him enjoying a fruit popsicle. I had to pull up his water only allowing him a drink every 30 minutes, but he loved licking the popsicle.
Thank you @BryWisteria for the challenge and new badge!
Bless-ed Be

11 Likes

P.S. Yes thats a Hekate bead chain attached to his harness and a pouch of crystalsā€¦lol. I whispered Hekates protection last night to him and this morningā€¦Frankie is better.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tunisian Crochet :yarn:

Oh my goodness, much love & healing your way Frankie by way of @Rowan! Iā€™m glad that heā€™s feeling better. You may have found a new favorite summer treat for him! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the lovely compliments. I plan on using the pentacles as a centerpiece on my altar. I just wanted more colors to coordinate with my spells and to have my decor match :wink: I will use them one at a time on the altar or anywhere I feel needs some protection.

I finished up the little shelf and added some moss to the bench. Hereā€™s a look at them finishedā€¦

and Iā€™m almost finished with my flower of life project. I canā€™t remember who had this idea but I read about it in the forum. I think it was a great idea!

I used a flat clear glass plate and traced it with a paint pen. I canā€™t wait to consecrate it so I can put it to use!
Thank you who had that idea :rose: :rose:
I think I better do laundry today :weary: Iā€™ve been too distracted at my craft table lately :yum: Its been a blast!
:butterfly:

13 Likes

Sarall,
Wow I love ur creativity! Very unique! I just want to make my own know! Iā€™ve thought of doing this once! I love how it looks so natural and organic!

Jeannie

5 Likes

Thanks @Jeannie1. I got the idea from a you tuber Iā€™ve been following. She has some great ideas!

andā€¦

They are really relaxing videos and she has an awesome forest that she visits :wink:

8 Likes

thank you!

6 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage I love the little shelf & bench! They are awesome!

Iā€™m figuring out a second altar space :thinking: where I can layout my crystal grid cloths to use them. Right now I donā€™t have anywhere to set one up & leave it for some time. So I think half of my nightstand is becoming a smaller altar. I love inspiration! :heart:

8 Likes

Poor puppy! Glad heā€™s doing better!

6 Likes

@Susurrus Your love and care for the space shows- itā€™s not only lovely visually, it has a really warm and cozy atmosphere too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Rowan Itā€™s my pleasure, Rown- the badge suits you very well! :blush: Iā€™m so sorry to hear that your cute pup was sick but it sounds like you took very good care of him and that Hekate gave Her blessing too- Iā€™m thrilled heā€™s doing much better now! :heart::dog:

@Sarafeena_Sage Ahhhh!!! :heart_eyes: Oh my goodness, they were cute before and now they are divine- the moss and natural touches really bring them to life, Sarall! And ohhhh at your Flower of Life grid, thatā€™s a lovely treasure too! Good luck with the consecration, may all your beautiful things serve you well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria - I donā€™t know if it really shows in the picture of my altar, but I now have 2 Labradorite Palm Stones. I was in the basement with my son looking for something else & walked by an open box. So I peeked in the top to see what was in itā€¦ some of my motherā€™s things from her purse & nightstand. I saw a glimmer & opened the box. There it was a pretty good sized polished Labrodorite palm stoneā€¦ itā€™s bigger than the one I already have! I had no idea, she never said anything about owning such things or that she had any kind of interest in them. Even if it was a gift, she never said anything to me. So took that baby upstairs with me along with a coming that says, May Good Luck Always Accompany the Bearerā€¦ that I found under the stone. Then there is a pendant that just, I donā€™t know, I need to do some research about it because there is just something about itā€¦ I have a picture of it, but havenā€™t searched for anything yet. Today may be the dayā€¦

It looks cool, but I feel like there is something I am supposed to know about it, so figured I would start with the basics first. :laughing:

8 Likes

TravelWitch,
Ur welcome I really enjoyed creating my candle only when I used the pdf the picture was really big. I have been lighting my candle here and there. When ever I get the chance
Jeannie

5 Likes

Sarall,
I love the antique look and how she creates her own! Unbelievable it looks great! I I was just planning on spending lots of money! This is a really great idea! I love it!
I wish I would have learned this earlier! Itā€™s never to late though!
Thank you Sarall
You did a great job Love :heart: It to pieces!
Jeannie
Jeannie

5 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1 Iā€™m glad you enjoyed her video. I really enjoy how relaxing she is and she has some great ideas too. I hope you enjoy this technique as much as I have :two_hearts: I hope to see your shelf here when you get it done :wink:

5 Likes

@Susurrus You have so many fun treasures :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The pendant with the cat is very interesting- is it some type of clockwork cat, in a clock? Very curious indeed- I hope you have fun exploring it! There must be some reason it is calling to you :cat: :sparkles:

@Jeannie1 Itā€™s a beautiful candle and it sounds like it has been serving you well in your practice, Jeannie :blush: May it continue to burn brightly and beautifully! :candle::infinite_roots: :heart:

7 Likes

It looks like an older type of image of a cat, Iā€™m very drawn to the eyes, but donā€™t understand the clockwork inside the cat? I have no idea where my mother got this, when, from whoā€¦ It was in the box with the mystery Labradorite palm stone.

As a matter of fact, Iā€™ll be back with what I find out in a few minutesā€¦ :hugs:

Edit: So I poked around really quickā€¦ I found it on a ā€œwitchyā€ site for Cats: Gothic, Egyptian, & Witch & it was on Etsy listed as a pocket watch or pendant for a necklace or even a locket. This is definitely a pendantā€¦ but I have found that it is just described as a Gothic Steampunk Cat Clock Pendantā€¦

Iā€™m no expert here, but my mother either was witchy or was close to someone that was at least somewhat witchy. I have no idea who it was though or why she was given this pendant. Itā€™s not something she would buy or get for herself. I donā€™t think it was her, she was very much a reborn Christian/Baptistā€¦somewhere in there. I remember being likeā€¦ donā€™t talk to me about the bible or religion or needing Jesusā€¦ I was confirmed in the Catholic Church becauseā€¦ parentsā€¦ then I never went back to church unless it was my momā€™s funeral service in 2003ā€¦ whichā€¦ I almost got tossed from that day, but thatā€™s a story for another timeā€¦

So for now, it will hang out on my altarā€¦ maybe some dowsing with my mat should be done if I can put the pendant in the center? Iā€™ll come up with something because right now itā€™s listed everywhere as vintage & such but only for like $3? Itā€™s the image thought that I keep needing to look atā€¦ thereā€™s something with this pendantā€¦

Mom & Mother

For those confused my ā€œMomā€ died in 2003, my biological mother died in 2021 & here we are

6 Likes