šŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

So many beautiful crafts- the talents of the coven shine brightly this week! :heart_eyes: Thank you to everyone who has joined in so far, Iā€™m amazed and humbled by how many blessed crafters there are here (this is already the second most replied to challenge!) :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, please know that you still have some time:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: July 19th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be and happy crafting! :heart_hands: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Just gorgeous! I find crafts, well and most things, lol, take longer than planned and usually more than planned. :grin:

10 Likes

Beautiful crafting!

8 Likes

I made a wand. I used an oak branch from our property. I stripped it and it looks like a barkless stick. I have not embellished it at all because I donā€™t want to :slight_smile: I rubbed it with beeswax made with beeswax provided at an apiary down the road.
I decided to consecrate it tomorrow night. I have put it in the sunlight for today and tonight it will sit in the moonlight. I didnā€™t think of taking a picture of my wand before I wrapped it. :crazy_face:. Hopefully I will have time in the morning to take a quick picture to add to the post - but it really does look like a stick with no bark.
Here is my picture of it wrapped- that was creative in itself for me as I was using my intuition to guide me to put with it things that will cleanse and bless it.

Here is the picture of the wand I made:

16 Likes

113 replies to the challenge over the weekend- wow! :star_struck: :heart:

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not going to be able to get through every entry today (covid booster over the weekend has me running at about 10% energy :sweat_smile:) but I do want to reply to some of the first comments before too much time has passed.

I do want to say Iā€™m in complete awe of all the amazing crafts- this is truly one talented coven!!! :heart::infinite_roots:

@Susurrus Thank you! :purple_heart:

@Rowan That sounds lovely- wishing you all the best with crafting the witches ladder and candle dressing! :candle: :blush:

@crystal5 Thank you, Crystal- Iā€™m so glad you liked it! :blush: There is a lot of lavender, but we are going through it quickly haha. Weā€™ll have to plant some more bushes for next year, itā€™s a popular plant! :herb::two_hearts: And I love your new altar setup- congrats to you! :full_moon_with_face:

@Artemisia That is very kind of you, Kat- thank you so much! :heart: Iā€™m really glad you liked it and I hope the instructions can help a bit when you jump in to craft yours. Wishing you all the best with your wreath- happy crafting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Martje Thank you so much, Martje! :heart_decoration: Your chakra crosses are beautiful- that is so clever to make one for each chakra! :rainbow: And ohhhhhh your St. Johnā€™s Oil looks beautiful- it looks like a bottle full of golden amber sunshine :sun_with_face: :sparkles: Please give your beautiful kitty a loving pat from me! :cat: :heart:

@Ostara Your witches bells are beautiful, Ostara! :heart_eyes: Are those dried herbs in the central glass ball? That is such a beautiful touch to the display!

@MeganB Thank you, Megan! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And ohhhhh- look at that oracle pouch! What a colorful, happy, warm home for your deck. If I was an oracle deck that is definitely where I would want to live! :laughing: :heart::+1:

@Amaris_Bane These are beautiful recipes- many thanks to you and Herbal Queen Christeena for sharing both the recipes and your experiences with them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You are in my thoughts as you continue to heal from covid, Amaris- I hope youā€™re feeling 100% better asap! :people_hugging: :heart:

@Anjelique Itā€™s a blessing to have you here! :heart::blush::sparkles:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs Lovely bottle, gorgeous nails (what a great color! :blue_heart:), and I have no doubt that your elderberry syprup is fantastic too :grinning: Hello, Dobby- what a cutie! :cat: :two_hearts:

@Phoenix_Fire Your abundance altar is divine, Pheonix- Iā€™m glad you are taking good care of yourself and that youā€™ve got some very tasty food! :yum::two_hearts: May the good feelings and positive energy continue to flow to you :heart: And I hope your candle scrying went well! :candle:

@Kasandra Oh my goodness I love your origami dragons! I can see what you mean about having some similarities to the crane (wings, tail, and head), but seeing them thereā€™s no doubt that they are dragons- beautiful work, Kasandra! :clap::dragon_face: :heart:

(To be continued!)

14 Likes

I definitely think this counts! :clap: I think the colors are perfect for Lughnasadh and you did a wonderful job :heart:

Wonderful job, Amy!

Even though itā€™s not one of your normal crafts I think you did a great job! Itā€™s gorgeous and I bet in person it captures the radiance of the sun :sun:

Sure! Hereā€™s a link to my crochet channel ā†’ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkyn3Xme6h1pO5ObJ5bqJ3Q

Uhh hello, this is genius! I love this so much! :heart: I might need to make one for myself now :laughing:

I say you passed just fine! Of course, itā€™s all up to Bry but these challenges are very open-ended. I love everything that you put in your travel altar, too. So clever to use a chopstick for a wand and to include a magnifying glass! :mag:

Your talent definitely shows, Satu! That BOS cover is amazing! :heart_eyes: I love the little resin cup, too. Perfect for incense!

I definitely agree with you! :heart: Itā€™s very cute and I love the magic youā€™ve infused in it. Also, I just want to say that I love that youā€™ve chosen to honor the skill side of Lugh and Lughnasadh rather than just food and harvest :pray: It doesnā€™t ever get that much attention.

Ohh, pretty!

Itā€™s a gorgeous wand :pray: I really like that you left it bare rather than embellishing it. Iā€™m very much a minimalist in my craft and itā€™s nice to see others that way, too :blush:

I hope your body kicks the energy back up soon!

13 Likes

Thanks @MeganB! I subscribed to your channel! I canā€™t wait to settle in with some of your videos! I am actually about to start a moss sit itch baby blanket myself! The moss stitch is one of my very favorites!

12 Likes

Oh, thank you! There arenā€™t too many videos on that particular channel yet but Iā€™m working on some more. My other channel is where I spend more of my time :laughing: The moss stitch blanket is super easy and so warm, too!

12 Likes

@Ostara I would use that to create a little travel alter dedicated to creativity. It would be really cute to find a little paint set and canvas to include inside.

I am so excited and inspired! I am going to go look for little tins to create traveling alters dedicated to certain intentions - creativity, self love, courage, etc.

11 Likes

This has been a popular challenge!

12 Likes

@IrisW I think that is my dream box! I am going to see if I can find it. I see your Infinite Roots symbol. Where did you find that?
Actually, I love your alter overall and would love to know where you got items.

11 Likes

Hi @MeganB I just subscribed to your crochet channel, I crochet small things myself like facial cleansing pads and have done some hot pads for the kitchen, but Iā€™d love to get better! Could you give me the link to your other channel you mentioned above? Iā€™d love to check it out as well!

12 Likes

Merry Monday Witches!
Over the weekend i was able to jam some tunes in solitude and craft the candle for my girls room. Both of them have begun working a local small owned donut shop. Theyve waited for this opportunity since the mess of the pandemic. So i infused it with herbs to encourage wisdom, emotional strength, protection, divination in regards to trust the goddesses/gods as well as their own intuition. Incorporating dragons blood resin to honor Hekate and her guidance.
Ive been absent for a bit been working through a few things, including myself. Ive checked in though and held our coven in my heart and mind. Ill be posting the witches ladder today or tomorrow.
Blessed Be

18 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch
Oh, Miss Jan, your altar is just perfect! Your personal travel altar is yours. Whether it is a tin or a suitcase, it holds what you think you need.
As for the challenges? It doesnā€™t have to be elaborate. Iā€™m so behind on the early challenges that a few I have stockpiled for the future are longā€¦and maybe only a paragraph or two. The object is that you have participated and learned (and maybe taught us something. nobody knows everything). Anyway, thanks for being here and joining in, youā€™re great!
Blessings
Garnet

10 Likes

For all the Happy Tree Fans, they are on sale on Amazon. Plus, I discovered you can buy empty tin containers on Amazon. I was worried I would have to eat a lot of mints.

Bob Ross Happy Little Tree Mints (1) https://a.co/d/7qLTxws

10 Likes

Hi!

Iā€™m sheltering in a pub from the heat at the moment but happy to answer any questions you have when Iā€™m back home.

In the meantime Infinite Roots coven PDF attached :blush:

Infinite Roots Coven.pdf (135.5 KB)

11 Likes

So, I forgot that I actually did get a little crafty while I was sick and stuck inside, bored out of my mind! A couple weeks ago I decided I want to get a box for my tarot decks. All the ones on Etsy are cute but expensive. So the hubs took me to goodwill and I found this box for $4!

I cleaned it and cleansed it. Then discussed with the hubs on what material to use to store the cards. I first went with a cushion insert but that proved too soft. He then ordered the high density foam that is used inside gun cases. It arrived right when we got sick. So it sat for several days.

One day I was feeling froggy and measured the inside of the box and cut a piece to fit. Then I measured each of my tarot decks and cut their spots out. I then re-cleansed it with the foam inside and added cleansing and charging runes to the bottom of the box. Nope my decks have a pretty box that they are protected in. I added a selenite wand for extra measure.

16 Likes

Oh, sure! Itā€™s here ā†’ https://www.youtube.com/roundthecauldron

I plan on putting up some crochet tutorials and stuff on my crochet channel so if thereā€™s every any tutorials or something you want just let me know! :blush:

I love this! Congratulations to your girls! :tada: :sparkles: :partying_face:

What a great find! I love that you measured the inserts so they all stand up rather than lay flat. Genius idea! :clap:

11 Likes

I added a few more rows to the shawl I am knitting in the summer sunshine. I want my shawl to hold the heat, colors, sounds, and and smells of summer.

19 Likes

Thank you, dear heart! I like it, thatā€™s all that counts, right?

11 Likes