đŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

@MeganB beautiful! Will you send me your channel info?

10 Likes

Thank you! I’m really proud of it!

Thank you, dear heart! I’m glad you liked it!

I like sunflowers! They’re such happy-looking flowers.

10 Likes

Ok I am going to try and explain my little handicraft project as best as I can. I found the inspiration on Pinterest. It’s a little mirror decorated in crystals. So I kind of had the brain wave that I could turn it into an affirmation mirror to speak your affirmations to your reflection and the crystal chips that I use can support the intention of the affirmation. I used Rose Quartz and Rhodonite crystal chips for this particular project. My theory is it will help with the amplification process. These are my favourite affirmations:

“I am loving, easy-going, honest, kind and compassionate,
But I also have strong boundaries.
I love myself and protect my energy when needed.
I know my worth and I don’t tolerate any less than I deserve.”
Lukas Notes

“I respect myself enough
to know that I deserve to be
treated with love and integrity.
I no longer allow and I no longer
tolerate lies, mind games and
any form of mistreatment.
I protect my energy.’”
- Lukas Notes

20 Likes

This is my 3rd day here and I’m overwhelmed by so much love, thank you! So, I didn’t have much time for this challenge so I did my best with what I have. I need a travel altar since I do travel quite a bit. I needed it to be very small since I try hard to not check a bag, and so I created one with a small older makeup bag I do not use anymore that hangs. Details:

• In the top zip pocket, I put the cleansing items, a small vial of salt, and (here’s the crafty part), I have a couple of mist sprayers I loaded up with cleansing mist. They are just old perfume vials that I unscrewed the cap and put in this mixture: Palo santo smoke-free mist combine palo santo essential oil, water, and alcohol in a clean container- you can also use black tourmaline stone in a container or sage essential oil.
  • I made an altar plate with a 5 pointed star (spirit)
  • I took an old cigarette holder from my grandfather to store candles with matches and a strike plate in a charm bag
  • a Bell
  • an amulet to fill with water (water)
  • an egg that can be used for music (air)
  • a chopstick for a wand (fire)
  • a wooden pen (earth)
  • a key ring holder to use as a broom to sweep unwanted energy away
  • a fairy miniature crystal for a crystal ball
  • 3 crystals
  • one pendulum
  • one necklace with magpie oracle (bone tossing) type of items
  • one magnifying glass
  • two rubber bands
  • one ancestral handkerchief for ‘altar cloth’
    EVERYTHING fits in the little bag!

I hope I passed my first challenge with :broom: flying colors!

20 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch Id say you passed foot sure! (Everyone who submits with some effort does ! We are all at different places and just doing our best!). Got track kit is fantastic! Congratulations!

11 Likes

@jessica72 this is beautiful! And I love the idea of affirmations to B yourself with a mirror!

10 Likes

@jessica72 that is such a great idea & the 2 crystals that you chose to complement each other around the mirror go together really well! I love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@jan_TheGreenWitch that is a great travel altar & it seems like it has everything that you need! Great job! Don’t worry, I still have to do my challenge entry. I have 1 thing that I am doing, but I want to do something else also, I’m just having a brain cramp trying to think to something :laughing:

10 Likes

I’ve been a fairly serious crafter for a number of years in general but have begun to create craft items specific to my practice in the last year since adopting witchcraft. The focus on creating items that aid me in my practice carry a great deal more meaning to me. When creating the items below, I worked to focus and infuse my intention on what I wanted each item to do magickally. This gives each handcrafted item magickal meaning as each has been consecrated.
I am really loving everyone’s entries this week. Our coven truly has a lot of serious talent! Can’t wait to see more entries!

My BOM (I made the resin cover and matching pen):

Resin spell jar with dried flowers (used to hold homemade incense):

Resin and witch print coaster:

Handmade Witch’s Ladder (9 knots) used in knot magick:

17 Likes

I adore your travel altar! I am so about reuse and repurpose of items and I love that you’ve done that here. And adding in some items that have ancestral ties is even better! When my husband’s mother passed away, I inherited get china. We are not china people and it sat in storage for 20 years (which included 3 across state moves). I recently decided to honor his mother by using some pieces in my Craft. My offering dish and bowl and ritual tea cup are so from her china. I also use a large serving bowl as my money bowl.

9 Likes

I love your witch hat! That color is very fitting for you!!

8 Likes

@jessica72 that is so pretty! What a great idea! Did you use hot glue?

8 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch thank you for the inspiration I want to create my own traveling alter. Now I think I should go check out an antique store.

9 Likes

My Challenge Entry :yarn:
For this challenge,I decided to have a go at making some bunting for my Lughnasadh altar, that doubles as a protective charm. Since this year my Lughnasadh celerbrations will be focused more on skill than food and the harvest, I througt combining this challenge and my altar construction would be fun.
I decided to crochet four yellow hearts to make my bunting and with each stich I sealed my intention. I think it worked out nicely and it makes a cute addition to my altar.

Blessed Be!

12 Likes

@Susurrus @AileyGrey thank you both :hugs:

@crystal5 yup just a little hot glue. Not too many burns lol.

9 Likes

This challenge was pretty well timed for me as my Lammas themed Wonky Broomstick subscription box arrived at the weekend.

Part of the box was a kit to create a decorated candle for the altar:

14 Likes

@Susurrus this is too funny.

17 Likes

@Ostara
 I honestly thought there was only 1 family that I would ever find with these mints. Bob Ross followers UNITE!!! So funny
 new question: Did you eat the mints? :laughing:

9 Likes

Not yet. Lol! After I eat them maybe I will make the tin into a travel altar!

8 Likes

Oh wow! Well, now I have another awesome project
 if I can get my husband to let me touch it longer than taking a picture of it. Maybe they will come back around because it’s tourist season
 now I really wish I could remember where I got them from, I just remember being really excited because I found them. :hugs:

9 Likes

Five Below, and mine belongs to the hubby too. Lol! He even got the energy drink.

8 Likes