đŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

@Mistress_Of_Herbs that is a great painting! You don’t need to be Bob Ross to be a great painter, plus I don’t see anything bad about it. Any Happy Accidents are quite content where they are :smiling_face:

14 Likes

These are all brilliant! I love the coconut fairie house so much - inspiration for me to use a coconut I’ve been saving for some time. I am awed by the forest as my house has a huge one around it. It’s exciting, and awesome, and frightening and wise all at the same time. I can’t believe those trees have been standing in the same spot for decades and I just wonder what they see.

12 Likes

Ohh this is beautiful! I love it so much :heart: I’m sorry that the pattern itself was lacking but I think you turned it around and made it amazing and work for you!

Welcome back! It’s good to see you around here again :heart: I love all the photos you shared! You’ve got some talent with the doll figures :blush: (sorry, I don’t know exactly what to call them)

While you may not be Bob Ross :art: You’re perfectly YOU!

14 Likes

Awwwwwwwwwwww thanks @MeganB that just made my day

7 Likes

Happy No Problem GIF by 44 Cats

10 Likes

@Susurrus i went to this painting thingy with my best friend of 31 yrs. And i had such a great time. So much so that when i told gary about it the next day he stopped off an got some acrylic paint, and easel, and 4 11x14 canvases. He was so happy that i FINALLY found a hobby, besides watching tv, he jumped on it. He’s soooooo silly

12 Likes

@MeganB :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

10 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I love it! :heartpulse: You did do a great job on it & being able to continue is awesome.

My husband does the same types of things because I am pretty housebound, well, limited with what I can do without help. So when I find something that works & I can do
 he brings home little things to make my days easier & to keep me going with the things that I am able to do. Now I just need my 23-year-old to move back out so I can have my craft & my “craft :pentacle_tarot:” room :face_with_monocle:

My most recent project is pruning overgrown plants & trees in my yard & pulling up weeds & such. The creeping weeds are harder than say the dandelions & they seem to come back twice as bad as they started out :thinking: I’ll find some what to stop the creeping weed in my garden :laughing:

(I would never tell him to move out so I could have a room for my crafting, but since right, before he came home that’s what the plan was, ALL of my craft stuff is downstairs)

12 Likes

This one?

Tablecloth Cape Ritual Wheel of the Year Calendar Small https://a.co/d/hunfzhL

10 Likes

I hope like heck this counts. A crafty person, I am not! LOL! When we made close pin reindeer in elementary school my face was on the poor reindeer’s butt and I burned my fingers on the safe glue gun.

So. I decided to decorate for Lughnasahd using faux sunflowers and wheat with a touch of color coming from some faux wildflowers. I think it looks pretty, but that’s just me. I hope y’all like it.

20 Likes

Briit baas! Beautiful art! :heart_eyes: You’re really talented!

10 Likes

That is so pretty! Floral arrangement and interior decorating is an artistic craft.

10 Likes

I made jewelry, and can make anyone something

13 Likes

@Amethyst that absolutely counts as handcrafted! They look really great the way you have them arranged! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@amy58 those are really nice! What stone are they from? Its a really nice set! :star_struck:

10 Likes

What a happy view it gives, all these sunflowers :star_struck:

8 Likes

@Susurrus oh i get it. Im homebound too. My days are spent watching tv. I have no desire to do anything, honestly. All the wonderful meds i take have that side effect. Thats one of the things to discuss again with my doc. Somethings gotta give. I do cook and clean ( what i can). I do have a craft room. Both my sons have move out. I even have a gym, and i need to go in there. I just have no desire to do so. I just really dont care. I just go thru the motions. Im not depressed, nor anxious or stressed.

Im not myself at all. I do put on a good facade.

Oh and the bob ross comment was for u, i was trying to be funny, bc of the previous feed about bob ross. Guess im not as funny as i thought in my head.

8 Likes

I had a bit of FOMO on this challenge! Crafting is my love language! Since I just finished THE blanket, I didn’t think I’d have time to crochet anything meaningful
 I’m in the middle of extending a shawl that I made a few years ago, but ran out of yarn
. Then I was walking in a store and miraculously saw two skeins of matching f yarn on clearance! Squee! It’s a gorgeous shawl, but really has nothing to do with my craft

I had a 20 dollar reward voucher for Michaels that was about to expire, so I went (alone, with no children or adult chaperones to rein me in!) and slowly perused the whole store. I found this big bunch of golden Radfia/ribbon bundle and I immediately knew what I had to make!

I was particularly moved by the “I am golden” affirmation of the buck moon, and it has been cloudy for the last several esbats so I crafted a macrame moon.

Macrame is not one of my normal mediums, but I am mostly happy with how it turned out. I anointed it with moon water and I will hang it above my altar space so that I can see the golden beams of the moon whenever I need to!

The photo really doesn’t pick up the golden colors of the ribbon, they take my breath away!

18 Likes

Gorgeous fabric choices @Artemisia!

11 Likes

I appreciated the comment :rofl: who else do you know with Bob Ross mints :joy: but in all honesty I can’t do anything close to him or hold a candle to you either in that department.

@AileyGrey that came out great for your first try! Thats something I may struggle with, I have to get back to working on my motor skills again. Yours is gorgeous, i know what you mean about the gold & cameras. However, its shimmer will always be there for you when you need it!

8 Likes

@Garnet this is beautiful!

10 Likes