☁ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Hedge Magick: Into Other Realms

@TheMuslimWitch thats awesome. Enjoy

9 Likes

Thank you! :blush: I hope to buy a wooden bird house and leave it there as an offering as well. Maybe i will buy a plain one and paint it with flowers and other nature related things :sunflower:

9 Likes

Challenge entry

I have a spirits/ spirits reaching out to me it seems at work. I have been looking at how to communicate with them to see what they wanted to say or needed.
I found a tarot deck on phone which would be easier to use without being as obvious at work. I am going to use my tarot /oracle decks ( still deciding which deck to use) but probably as its at work id need to be subtle n on phone. . Ill need to do after ppl leave. I cant do anything ppl would see as i dont think tbey will understand. But weve had spirit /ghost at workplace for modt of time if not longer, but not sure which is reaching out to me, but im open to reaching back to see what they need.

So im thinking the oracle deck or tarot to use when i tey reavh out yo them after everyone goes home. Maybe i can help who ever is reaching out. .

10 Likes

Aw, thank you my sweet! It was a really great meditation! I really appreciate it. You do so much for us. Let me know if I can ever do something for you!

Just reading what you wrote to @Garnet made me shiver. You, dear one, have the strength of a goddess!

9 Likes

@Amethyst i didnt mean to make u shiver. I just figured yall had the right to know why i am the way i am. I used to not be this way. I used to be shy, and stayed in the shadows. But Ive come out into the light and i like it there. I matter. For so long i didnt. It broke my husband. He couldnt understand how someone who would do anything for anyone could be treated the way i was. My nickname from his is Princess. And hes treated me as such. Im spoiled as hell. And his response is, u should have always been. I asked him if i got queen status when i got old, his response was “no babe, bc to me u will always be young and beautiful” and damn it if he hasnt kept it as such.

Heres the perfect example of my family…i would be asked to throw a pool party at my house (bc my house is AWESOME). I would say no, they would show up anyways saying “we are having party” even tho i said no. They didnt care, “oh Chrissie doesnt mean it. Or she will get over it and do it anyways bc thats just her”. So they would have their party and leave. And i would be stuck with the clean up. And my home and yard would be trashed. I have a 2000 sq foot home and 2 acres of land. Thats alot of clean up. And they pulled that crap for yrs. Now apparently im mean, and just not myself. My oldest brother actually said he doesnt like it and wants the old Chrissie back. Well she is gone. Like i said love me or hate me but this is me. If u have questions about my life or my past just ask. Im an open book.

7 Likes

Aww, he’s such a sweetie! And I’m glad you’re standing up to your family, they sound weird. And not in a good way.

6 Likes

@Amethyst oh they are. But im the black sheep. Go figure. Oh well

6 Likes

For this challenge I decided to call to the Calliache partly because she arrives during the time of Samhain. She is a Dark Mother Goddess of the winter and she is a winter Goddess that helps me to dive into the Shawdows aspects of our life! That of my cave during the dark half of the year. That Scorpio :scorpius: energy that is aching at my heart to call to wisdom and rebirth! She would like me to find a renewal! She is a Witch mother and because I am not such a enthusiast writer and plus I don’t have much time to put into this I thought I would leave a video! Didn’t she have a silky cover she transformed into!?
I hope u all are safe! Love
Calliache
https://youtu.be/rrY94dhGSoE
Does anyone have a good source for the calliache? Please I appreciate it!
I watched a really good video once and can’t find my source!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Hedge Magick into Other Realms - Entry

It took me a couple of days to figure out what I was going to do with this Challenge. After scrolling through Spells 8 folders, Pinterest, Bing, Google and researching Hedge Witchcraft, I found for an answer, I came up with Astro Projection.

But first, what is Hedge Witchcraft? According to Spells 8 Blog, Hedge Witchcraft: What is a Hedge Witch? (May 4, 2019)

“A Hedge Witch is a witch who utilizes the practice of hedge riding. This is a magickly practice that involves spirit work and, most notably, spirit flight. The history of spirit flight is a long one and one that is found in many cultures throughout the world. The idea of spirit flight is most notably found in folk magick practices from Europe as well as Ireland and Scotland”
(5/4/2022)

And second, what is Astro Projection? According to otherworldlyoracle.com

“But what IS astral projection, exactly? It is the state in which your astral body (what some might consider part of the spirit or soul) leaves your physical body and goes to other places or dimensions. Then returns to the physical body. Typically this experience happens in one’s sleep, but it can also happen during meditation, trancework, and other states of altered consciousness” (9/21/2021)

Over the years, I have been dibbling and dabbling with my craft. I did not ever take the time to actually learn even the basics. I started at the age of (6) six when I knew I was “different”. I never babysat because I was afraid to be alone; I cleaned houses instead. Then life took over, meaning school, three (3) marriages and two (2) children. There were many trials and tribulations. I kept thinking this must be a test! How can one (1) person withstand what life keeps throwing at me. I mean not just “oh my God, I broke a nail”, I mean issues like; a twelve (12) hour stand-off held hostage. The day I married my third (3) husband, he held me down, shot me up with Herion and said, “it took me a year to play you, and now I own you” (Hill, 1998) My child was born with a life crippling issue, but I prayed and reached as deep into my soul as I could possibly go and now, she has four (4) children. That my Witch family was the day I found out the power of the mind and how your defense mechanism works! Please remember this word, I will be using it again. The list goes on and on…scary stuff I won’t ever talk about, ever!
Witches “flew” to their sabbath with the use of flying ointments

The hedge witch travels to the other world for their journey and practices. In Hedge craft, the witch leaves the physical world on a spirit flight through a gateway or door into the spirit world. Since a Hedge Witchcraft Witches are able to cross/fly over the hedge into another realm, they are also able to anoint their broomsticks with flying ointments and then anointed their vaginas with it (we’re not recommending that). There are flying ointment recipes dating back to the Dark Ages some witches still use today. Most of the old flying ointment recipes included an animal fat used as the base of the salve and infused with one or more toxic herbs. It’s interesting to note that witches “flew” on broomsticks when they were technically “high” on flying ointment. (otherworldlyoracle.com)

Witches “flew” with the help of flying ointments.

(From WikiMedia)

DISCLAIMER: Always proceed with caution when using these herbs (and any herbs you are not familiar with). If you have any medical conditions, it’s best to refrain from using the herbs from traditional flying ointments (and as listed above). You are responsible for your own decisions and health.

In this article, there were three (3) recipes. I choose the second one because of the disclaimer above which had too many poisonous ingredients.

Sandalwood
Mugwort
Bay leaves

Infuse three herbs in sweet almond or jojoba oil for 2-4 weeks in an air-tight glass jar. Follow instructions in first recipe above. Anoint power points on body: third eye, back of neck, under arms, tops of feet, chakra points, etc. Especially helpful to anoint before bed-time, as you may experience intense astral travel.

Since flying on a broom may not been convient (lol) we must use a different mode of transportation:

Astral Projection

This has been used by many members and some others and has had fantastic results with all who have tried it. After having studied many methods of Astral Projection, I’ve discovered that this is the easiest to do. The Poppet teaches these techniques in a week, but they can be easily done in a day, with proper devotion. I feel that this technique is superior to others because it doesn’t require intense visualization, which many people can’t do. enjoy! One of the chief barriers people learning to project face is fear. Many are afraid that they may die, or be harmed in some way because of their projection. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Canterbury Institute, famous for its occult studies, executed an experiment in projection involving over 2,000 people. None of them were hurt in any way by this, and now, three years later, none have complained of any newly arising problems. Once you’re aware that you cannot be harmed by projecting, you should begin The Poppets techniques, step by step.

Step one: Relax the body. According to The Poppet, the ability to relax is the first prerequisite, perhaps even the first step itself to having an OBE. (out of body experience) This includes both physical and mental comfort. The Poppet does not suggest a method of attaining this relaxation, although Progressive Muscle relaxation, coupled with deep breathing exercises (inhale 1, exhale 2, inhale 3…. until 50 or 100) are known to work well.

Step Two: Enter the state bordering sleep. This is known as the hypnagogic state. Once again, The Poppet doesn’t recommend any way of doing so. One method is to hold your forearm up, while keeping your upper arm on the bed, or floor. As you begin to fall asleep, your arm will fall, and you will awaken again. With practice, you can learn to control the Hypnagogic state without using your arm. Another method is to focus on an object. When other images start to enter your thoughts, you have entered the Hypnagogic state. Passively watch these images. This may also help you maintain this state of near-sleep. The Poppet calls this Condition A.

Read more: https://learningwitchcraft.com/astral-projection/

In the course of Astro Projection, you must not only prepare your mental being but your body as well.

According to Otherworldly Oracle, Astral Projection Symptoms:
Leaving and Returning To Your Physical Body (SEPTEMBER 22, 2021)

Astral Projection Symptoms While Leaving & Re-entering Your Body

1. Lifting Up, Flying or Floating As An Astral Projection Symptom
  2. Falling
  3. Voices During Astral Projection
  4. Shaking Bed Syndrome
  5. Exploding Head Syndrome
  6. Sleep Paralysis: An Astral Projection Symptom and Nightmare

This next section of the Challenge is what changed my way of thinking and how important this information is. I have had Out of Body Experience (OBE), I have been able to stare at a picture and disappear into it while other “entities” took over. This would happen when I was place in a house for four (4) months and was told when I could eat, sleep, shower and so on. That was about 13 years ago and that is when I became interested in Astro Projection. What I did not know was what might be in the Liminal Space as you are crossing over to another realm. You must be prepared to face your fears:

“Consequently, the hedge witch travels to the other world for their journey and practices. In hedgecraft, the witch leaves the physical world on a spirit flight through a gateway or door into the spirit world. It is highly recommended to travel with a familiar spirit during this process to guide and protect you. By moving to the spirit world, one can seek healing, answers from spirits, protection, knowledge, and even space to rest away from the stresses of the material world. They hold the power to become healers and seers as they work with the astral world to perform their magick.”(May 4, 2022

Our defense mechanism has shielded us from the fear of feeling the guilt, pain, sorrow, terror, tragedies and so on. This could be overwhelming if you Astro projection yourself dead smack in the face of our personal demons without any type of readiness. This could make your “trip” unpleasant. With the knowledge I have learned doing this Weekly Witchy Challenge, I am looking forward to giving Astro Projection a try.

Source

WITCHES & POISONOUS HERBS: A HISTORY OF BELLA DONNA, FLY AGARIC & MORE April 18, 2019

March 24, 2019

Hedge Witchcraft: What is a Hedge Witch? (May 4, 2022 )

Tom Thayer, March 10, 2018

September 22, 2021

8 Likes

Lady Witches…I just want to jump in and say I am making that my new Mantra, too because WHAT YOU SEE, IS WHAT YOU GET! (My favorite saying) Mote It Be.

Blessed Be,
Medea

6 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

November 1st, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Hedge Magick and interworld travel can be mysterious and intimidating concepts to explore- yet the coven shines so brightly as always with your bravery, talent, and astounding skills! :sparkles: Thank you so much to everyone who has explored this theme and shared an entry so far :pray:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Happy Halloween & Blessed Sabbat! :candle::sparkles::cloud:

8 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY - Hedge Magick: Into Other Realms

Readings and a Ritual - Jan The Green Witch

Being a green witch over all of these decades has demonstrated to me how integrated all forms of witchcraft are and how they intersect and are with each other. I perform green, white, kitchen, hedge and water magick along with Shamanism and many indigenous and folk forms in my day to day practice while working extensively with the Fae and Otherworld. In addition, for rituals and Sabbats I incorporate Wiccan and other forms of magick when it makes sense to me to use and when I am comfortable with doing so. To me, no magick is as integrated into all types of witchcraft as is hedge. Since incorporating dream work, astral travel, and other hedge/liminal realm practices into my weekly practice, it has been part of my identity as a witch for nearly 30 years.

Because I am bedbound at the moment, I decided to re-read some of my own Hedge magick books for this challenge as a refresher, one of which is a recent purchase* and I will give a review on it in our > book club this month in addition to the one I’ve committed to read:

*The Green Hedge Witch - by Rae Beth (will give the review in the book club)
The Hedge Witch Herbal - by Nuit Moore
The way of the Hedge Witch - Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home - by Arin Murphy-Hiscock
The Taoist Hedge Witch: Witchcraft For a New Age - by Bishop Whitewind

Then, I spent time in dream work and dream journaling and performed this ritual early this morning traveling into the liminal meditational discussion with my dead, on Samhain, Oct 31, 2022:

SAMHAIN RITUAL 2022
This small rite can be deeply healing, not only for the living but for the dead. It works best if you don’t try too hard but let it happen in a relaxed way.

Light a candle to the Goddess as Queen of the Dead, She who brings peace and renewal of harmony;
Light a candle to the God as Lord of the Wild Hunt, He who brings the souls of the dead home to the Otherworld where they dwell between lives;
Light a candle to welcome the kindly dead, saying ‘May this flame be seen in the Otherworld as it is in this World.’
Holding a wand or a twig of elder, say this charm:
‘By elder wood, Keep me from harm. But let the kindly dead appear To my inner sight – And the kindly unborn – So that I may bless and be blessed In the name of the Goddess.’

With your eyes closed, visualise the candle you have lit for the dead and the darkness around it. See what is illuminated by the candle. How far does its light go? Begin to name your Beloved Dead and bid them welcome. See who is appearing to your inner sight. Speak to them in your heart and see if you can sense an answer. This may come in words or as a sort of inner knowing or they may show you symbols. Bless them and ask them to bless you in return.

Ingredients: 3 candles, wand
https://knibbworld.com/rae/

Blessed be, Coven and a very happy New Year!!!
:orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

I have a lot to unpack. I made a circle with the black salt I made (for protection) and amethyst, green aventurine, amber, and moss agate (used when working with your dragon guardian and dragon teacher), and lit a black candle (for some extra protection). I diffused some cedar essential oil to help me focus.

I waited until I could feel the presence of my dragon guardian to my right and my dragon teacher to my left and said,

I pray, I pray, I pray with all my might
On Wings of Fire, may I take flight
Grant me the sight
Of a world beyond the world tonight

My journey to the Circles of Distant Truths was really fast (and dizzying), but here is what I saw:
• One of the gateways to Dragon World was covered in claw marks (dragons and birds), handprints (humans), hoof prints (horses, deer?), and paw prints (cats, dogs, bears?) , and many other markings that I couldn’t recognize. These seem to be a record everyone (and everything) that has went through the gate.

• In Dragon World I could see clouds and mountains with dragons laying on them. I couldn’t tell if the mountains were floating or if they were just obscured in fog.

The Circles of Distant Truths are much bigger than I thought it would be. Much bigger. The monoliths were tall and wide, like skyscrapers. It makes sense because there’s a lot of dragon history. In the monoliths, I could see carved statues of dragons, what appeared to be architecture from the ancient world, the Middle Ages, and the modern world (judging from the carved bricks in the monolith). At one point, some of the dragon statues were broken. I was given the impression (from my dragon teacher I assume) that these broken statues represented a time in human history when dragons were seen as completely evil and when we wanted nothing to do with them (in the western world that is).

I only walked around the first circle; around 10 minutes, I felt the urge to go back which only grew stronger the more I ignored it.

When I came back, I was a little tired (and very thirsty, for some reason). I would love to go back here soon, but I’m getting the feeling that I won’t be going back too soon. For now, I’m grateful that I was able to see a bit of Dragon World and the Circles of Distant Truths.

Blessed Samhain and Happy Witches’ New Year, Infinite Roots!

10 Likes

@Kasandra
Lovely, my little dragonette!
Garnet
th-002

9 Likes

Challenge Entry:

@Amaris_Bane

For this challenge I did some meditations to travel to the Underworld to converse with Hades and Hel. I’m not going to go into details but in both sessions I did some much needed shadow work and releasing of limiting beliefs. Both deities were a great help in guiding me and welcomed me to their realms.

I’m looking forward to more crossing the veil work tonight with Samhain.

7 Likes

Hello Happy Samhain :jack_o_lantern:

I call to the dark mother the Calliache to help me and I call to my ancestors that have traveled across and are on the other side! In some mystical way there wisdom and love :heart: that has remained in my heart :heart:
Release
Release
Release
Release
Release this pain
I escape in my sacred cave
Devour my grime
Devour my grime
Devour my grime
I speak in rhyme
My blackest grime
My blackest grime
My blackest grime
Hail Heckate!
A pinch :pinching_hand: of Lavender-
A pinch Cedar-
A pinch Rosemary-
A pinch of Sage-

I find Liminal Spaces and I feel our loved ones and there soul that has passed and maybe crossed and I feel there presence! In my minds eye :eye: I remember the warm memories
I think of there love!

Thank you Lisa Thiel
I just want to share my gratitude for there spirits that are still at the core of my heart :heart:!
So here is my offering!

I have been playing this song by Lisa Thiel on my Guitar :guitar: Happy Samhain!

Blessed be!

11 Likes

I have a newbie question for this challenge, hope it’s OK to ask here: How do we keep ourselves safe?

For example, I want to see or interact with the faeries or lucid dream, but what if I accidentally summon or attract something malevolent? How to not do that? :pray: thanks

5 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry: Hedge Magick: Into Other Realms

So I’ve been getting some small clues the past few weeks that someone or something was trying to get my attention.
I did a little research on Spells8 about repeating numbers and such and decided it was a spirit wanting my attention. I had no clue who it was!
I did the Spells8 Who’s There Tarot Spread to find out that it was Hekate.

I have my altar all set up for tonight and I am going to do a little work with her, make her incense for sure, and maybe some mirror scrying.
I really felt like it was Hekate or Selene. I wish I had kept notes about it all because I can’t remember what all hints were that I received. Got to get better at writing in my journal.
I’m very excited about tonight :jack_o_lantern: :cauldron:
:butterfly:

7 Likes

Ahh, what a wonderful challenge topic! As per usual, I’m getting in at the last minute. If someone were to ask me to pick only one witchiness label, I’d tell them that I am a Hedge Witch first and foremost. This is because it comes to me naturally and, in a roundabout way, led me to the beloved place that is Spells8. I have been seeing, hearing, and communicating with spirits in one way or another for my entire life. In fact, I’ve been doing this for so long that I don’t even really have many rituals that go along with it. There are times when tuning in to Spirit is practically inevitable. It may sound weird, but the shower has always been one of those times. There’s something about connecting with the water element that enhances and activates the frequency that I tune into. Plus, I always start a shower by doing Reiki, so I think that raises my vibration, and boom, it’s on! :grinning: When I take a magickal bath, that’s more deliberate and ritualistic, so while it has the same activation from the water element, it is an entirely different experience! :heart:

6 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone who leaped over the hedge and went beyond borders for this challenge- as always, I am amazed by the talents and wisdom of the coven! Great work to all those who explored Hedge Witchery this week! :raised_hands:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes