šŸ§° Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Holistic Magick: A Witch's Apothecary

C4, You may have to consecrate your altar and supplies, I just kissed and hugged your pictures on my screenā€”just saying. Blessed be little Butterfly. :laughing:

8 Likes

I will start off by saying Iā€™m a chef so even before I started my journey we had a very well stocked herb and spice collection. A lot of these were grown and dried by myself. The spice on the window sill along with the mortar and pestle are for a cooking class we are teaching. We normally keep all of our herbs and spices in the white bins in cabinet.

In my garden I currently have: Chives, Mint, Lavender, oregano, marjoram, Thyme, Lemongrass, raspberries, strawberries, hula berries and grapes

I have some plants I have started from seed. Tarragon, Passion flower, lavender, nasturtium, chamomile and rosemary.

Looking for Nettle and mugwortā€¦if anyone can direct me I would appreciate it!

I tumble and polish all my own crystals, I will be selling them soon on my web site

Iā€™m a beekeeper so I have honey, Propolis and bees wax

Currently drying rose petals and wild violets (our state flower). I have lots more violets but they are in a note book so they will look pretty!

I make and sell spell bottles, I make Egyptian magic balm, I make a dream tea, Peppermint tea, Propolis tincture, Plantain poultice, rose oil, rose bath salts, bees wax lotion bars. Im sure Im forgetting something.

12 Likes

Very cool pictures @christina4! Especially the little shell with googly eyes! LOL.

Wow. Your collection is beautiful! Your cooking must be wonderful with such fresh ingredients!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing Malinda, my friend is a :honeybee: bee keeper and she gave me a recipe for lip balm
I am going to try making it cause she gave me some bees wax! Know I just need to find the picture she gave me that has the recipe in my phone somewhere!

It turned out really good!
Here is my little collection of herbs! Now all I need to do is figure out how do use them! I have thinking of getting my own green house! This is the beginning of a wonderful journey! ![image|666x500]

(upload://lLdnfxJcy42kdpBIyvENzg4EoPR.jpeg)

I have a little collection of oils not to much but I am happy! I think I need to get a little bit more organized!

I thought I should share with you all my wonderful things! Know I just need to put it all to good use! I really canā€™t wait! This is going to be so fun! I love my Egyptian bottles for oils! Did you see them on the shelf?

Jeannie

11 Likes

So exciting, @CelestiaMoon! I think youā€™ll find that opening the door to Green Witchcraft is like falling into wonderland- there are so many possibilities and wonderful uses for plants and herbs! :herb: I hope you enjoy the course :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thatā€™s amazing that you got jars with your magickal name inscribed on them, @IrisW- what a great idea! :heart_eyes: How did your herb hunt go? I hope you were able to find some interesting ones! :green_heart:

An absolutely stunning collection, @Christina4- you have quite the impressive apothecary on hand! I absolutely love that wicker basket :two_hearts: Thank you for sharing all your treasures, they are a delight to see :star_struck:

Nice job with the cat grass, @AliceInWonderdab! :+1: Iā€™m sure your furry friends will enjoy it :cat:

You are amazing for organizing your herbs alphabetically, @Kasandra :raised_hands: Everything must be so neat and orderly- it must help a lot when its time to find one herb in particular! :herb:

Lovely, @Garnet! :hearts: As Garnet is a valuable and much-beloved stone, it sounds like you chose your magickal name well! It suits you :blush:

Iā€™m in awe, @malinda- what a treasure trove of herbs and spices! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures. Youā€™ve made this kitchen witch very jealous- your collection is really amazing :sparkling_heart: And you have bees too! Ah! Iā€™ve always to keep bees- they are a blessing in the gardens. Not to mention the yummy honey! :honeybee:

You have a wonderful friend to gift you with fresh bees wax, @Jeannie1! :two_hearts: And such a gorgeous collection- you have so many treasures and delights! Thanks for sharing :star_struck:

10 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria

I managed to get a kit containing the following:

11 Likes

As Iā€™m such a novice in this area, Iā€™m starting by working my way through The Green Witch course :herb:

9 Likes

Wow! Maybe I could come to you when thereā€™s an herb that Iā€™m not sure what to do with :sweat_smile: seriously I love your collection and Iā€™ll be over at 8 for dinner :bowl_with_spoon: :joy:

8 Likes

WOW, @Jeannie1! What a collection! And you have quite the green thumb! I could kill plastic plants. LOL.

8 Likes

I love your garden & I have a rock tumbler too! I currently have Tigerā€™s Eye, Hematite, Dalmation Jasper, Red Jasper, Agate, Rose Quartz, Quartz, & Green Aventurine going in it. I just have one more polish cycle to go. I love tumbling the stones.

I love the way your garden has layers, it must work for the strawberries to just creep down to a different section.

@Garnet I have 1 polished garnet & a garnet ring. They are pretty pricey, but such a beautiful stone.

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 this is absolutely amazing! :slightly_smiling_face: I love all the plants.

7 Likes

I managed to score a flat of small lidded jars (about 20+ in total) at the Sally Ann for a mere $4.99 and have been filling them with different apothecary needs.

Eggshells and orange peels! I learnt the most magnificent hack to getting the shell of in basically one piece and then to get the skin off that shell! So put your egg in a jar or cup with cold water about half full and then shake it vigorously for about 2-8 seconds. Voila watch it slide on off. Then toss the shell into that jar with more cold water and leave it, 2 hours, 4 hours, overnite~whatever~then let the shell dry and the skin peels away with ease!

7 Likes

Wellā€¦not sure how witchy it is. I am on the fence about whether just about everything is magick, or if thatā€™s not legit :slight_smile: Anyway, I have a self-care box that is KIND of like an apothecary in that I go to it when I need to chill or focus. Itā€™s just a school box I keep on my desk. It has aromatherapy sprays and roll ons in lavender and peppermint. Lavender is soothing and peppermint is good for the blues or for focus. Thereā€™s are some fidgets in there, some theraputty, gum, a rose quartz and a little book I made with a mini photo album. Each page is a different idea for coping with stress, anxiety or depression (e.g. walk outside and touch ten trees, affirmations, breathing, activity, etc.). Kind of like mental health band-aids :slight_smile: Thatā€™s what I mean about everything being magick, in a way. You set an intention, you do it, it works :slight_smile: itā€™s a spell, lol. I have a big box full of herbs and candles and magickal tools but day to day, this is my go-to solution.

9 Likes

Thank you Ladies

5 Likes

What a nice find, where did you get it?

5 Likes

A UK based seller on Etsy: Handmade Witchcraft Supplies Starter kits & by UnderGaiasTree

9 Likes

Hi All,
Quick Question about the All Purpose Salve or really any mix up, I cannot use Lavender my daughter Hailey is allergic to it, what suggestion would any of you have for a substitute?
Blessed Be,

5 Likes

For my Weekly Witchy Challenge I unfortunately am just beginning the path of Green Witchcraft so I am light on all the glorious goodies everyone is posting. I dried some Roseā€™s this evening thoughā€¦:wink: plan using them for Beltane. I also am doing the Lesson on Green Witchcraft. I ordered a book about it also.
I thought Iā€™d go to the nursery tomorrow and pick up an Aloe plant with a hook and hang it in front of my kitchen window and a jade plant for outside my door.
Everyone has beautiful cabinets and shelves of their apothecaries Iā€™m just in Aweā€¦Well done everyone.
Blessed Be Witches

7 Likes

Christina,
I am so happy to share with you, I cant wait to see your treasures too from your grandmother that are very special!!Recently I restored the china hutch so I could use to put all my special things on display for all to see and for theme to shine. A really good friend gave me a citrine crystal once so I purchased a moon shelf and it sits on my shelf. What a good feeling, all the time I see it and I think of her! I feel so blessed! I really feel blessed. :innocent:
Jeannie
Jeannie

4 Likes

Rowan,
Are you looking for a calming agent? Or sleep aid? I know your daughter is allergic to lavender and I know that valerian is for Love :love_letter:
Sleep :sleeping:
Purification & Protection
You can use it for a protective sachets, hung in the home to guard it against lighning and placed in the pillow to aid in falling asleep. It is used as a charm to to ward evil away!
I hope this helps valerian probaly does not smell as good, but it is an alternative.
Jeannie

6 Likes