🧰 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Holistic Magick: A Witch's Apothecary

Yes, this helps @Jeannie1 thank you! I was wanting to make the Salve mentioned by @BryWisteria but it calls for Lavender and I wasn’t sure what I could substitute that with for the Salve.
Thank you for this bit of information, definitely will jot this down.
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle:

Aromatherapy for Clear Readings

Purpose: Psychic Abilities, Open the Mind, Access Higher Knowledge & Vision

• Balsam: Intuition, Grounding
  • Bay Leaf: Insight, Courage
  • Cypress: Stabilizing, Overcome Loss
  • Geranium: Safety, Security
  • Lemon: Concentration, Fight negativity
  • Tea Tree: Power, Soothes Anxiety & Stress
  • Vetiver: Grounding, Clarity
  • Ylang-Ylang: Optimism, Soothes fears

A few excerpts from “The Witch’s Way: A Guide To Modern-Day Spellcraft, Nature Magick, and Divination” By Shawn Robbins & Leanna Greenaway

:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle:

Book Recommendations

9 Likes

I just downloaded “The House Witch” last night on my kindle, with unlimited it was free. And I bought the physical copy of Green Witchcraft.
Thank you for sharing this.
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

I’ve always had Aloe Vera growing crazy in my back yard Ever since my Nana told me when I was young. Always have Aloe close to you to pick, and never spend $ on things that “could” work if you already know what “does”. That’s when I started getting into ‘Natural Medicine. I knew someday I’d have my very own garden that I could grow whatever I wanted (just like she did).

8 Likes

Thank you, your Nana sounds very wise.:hugs:

7 Likes

Start of my little herb garden <3 Left-Right basil, sage and candytuft :slight_smile:

Small catalogue of herbs and their uses and some Oil recipes by the lovely @SilverBear

Some of the bags, vials and candles I’ve ordered arrived yesterday also :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed this weeks challenge :slight_smile: I’ve actually ordered The Novice Witch box From @SilverBear’s shop also to give me a kickstart to my apothecary supplies until my herbs grow, so excited for it to arrive!! :heart_eyes:

Everyone’s photos and ideas for this challenge were awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looking through them has given me little glimpses of what my own collection may be like soon :slight_smile:

<3 Blessed Be <3

12 Likes

I would love some advice tho. So I have been trying to stop smoking for at least a year now’ and it’s really hard. But I saw a video of a women actually rolling up certain herbs and she said she has never gone back to cigarettes, and I know some herbs should never be ingested’ but she smokes Lavender and I thought maybe I could try to see .
What do you guys think ?

10 Likes

Your Book is absolutely Gorgeous!! Kinda Jealous’ but it’s definitely inspirational!

9 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And you can definitely smoke lavender :slight_smile: It has a very calming effect (not quite like cannabis) and it helps anxiety :slight_smile: Just make sure you buy smokable versions of the herb and from a good source, organic and all-natural are the best because they won’t have any of the nasty chemicals. And as always everything in moderation :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love garnet!!! I bought a teeny tiny little bag with small garnets and it was staggeringly expensive but they’re so lovely. I really want some green garnet

7 Likes

For this challenge I actually deviated from what I thought I was going to do and actually cast a long distance healing spell. My friend is in Toronto currently and she let me know how blah and out of sorts she was feeling. I then performed a distance energy full body scan and determined her crown chakra was blocked. I instructed her to hold clear quartz in her non dominant hand and to ground with the earth while I envisioned us bound by our energy cords and I cleansed those cords by infusing the colours of the chakras with bright bold clarifying colours. Essentially we were both bathed in the radiant healing lights.
Once I felt the hum of good juju I finished by sealing the ends of the cords with brilliant white light and creating a protective orb around her.
Later that nite she left me a voicemail (this was before she knew I’d done the distance healing I’d told her I would but didn’t say when) and said she didn’t know if I’d done anything or not but she was feeling so at ease and just like a huge weight had come off her shoulders.
And it had. I took in all of her out of sorts energy and like black tourmaline I transmuted it and sent it back strong and positive.
If you like the sounds of this and are interested in learning more about cleansing cords I’d live to share in an upcoming post!
Blessed be!

9 Likes

Great pictures and collection of your working tools. Love your decks of cards and ruins.

Blessed be

7 Likes

I know my online witch store carries both nettle and mugwort! It’s thewitchery.ca :black_heart:

6 Likes

Lavender and roses and other wildflowers are common additions added to cannabis so I think they’d be as lovely without!

7 Likes

I love Magickplanet’ for herbs and such but if anybody has suggestions’ I would love some! Thanks @Liisa

8 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea @AliceInWonderdab

7 Likes

I personally don’t do it but I know quite a few stoners who are successful with it. There’s actually a blend available online at https://greenmoon.ca/
which is delightful :black_heart:

7 Likes

Wow what a beautiful web page and you have an enormous selection! I have no problem sourcing dried mugwort and nettle. I really was looking for plants so I could grow my own.

Thank you!
Blessed Bee
Malinda

6 Likes

This is beautiful! I can’t wait to start my herb garden and flowers. The weather has been kinda of wonky here lately. Still too cold to start. And i don’t have the room indoors.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessed be

8 Likes

I completed the The Green Witch course yesterday and I’ve now got a whole section in my Book of Shadows with details of the herbs, their uses, and substitutions that can be used.

I’m still waiting for the majority of my herbs to arrive but I’m hopeful they will on Monday.

In the meantime, I cleansed all my tools tonight with a sage smudging and tomorrow I’m going to make a ginger and honey healing tea potion.

As an aside, tonight I also looked at the daily ritual, lit a black candle and prayed to Hecate.

Not sure if this is connected to studying herbs this week or Wicca in general, but I’m really feeling the change of the season to spring this year and feeling more connected to nature.

9 Likes