šŸ§° Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Holistic Magick: A Witch's Apothecary

I visited my mum tonight and she had English lavender seeds she got from her green-fingered friend for me :heart_eyes: The garden is growing :smiley:

@walter Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This is my first time trying my hand at growing anything from seed so weā€™ll see how it goes lol :slight_smile: The pots and plate are very small so Iā€™m not starting big, It fits on my window sill and thatā€™s enough just now <3

@IrisW Iā€™ve only got a couple of videos left to watch on the course itā€™s been so good though :slight_smile: so much new information :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Well here I am, a witch with a black thumb. LOL! I went through the entire Green Witchcraft course today. I have a few herbs, kitchen herbs mainly and lavender and mugwort, Iā€™m slowly getting my herb cabinet up to snuff. Hope thatā€™s enough for the badge!

6 Likes

Oh itā€™s not MINE mine I just meant mine like sheā€™s my witch friend :grimacing:

6 Likes

I canā€™t find the cannabis I want to make a muscle rub got my husbands sore back, like a salve or balm.
Oh! Rich had his knee replacement yesterday and doing great.

8 Likes

I saw that we could learn about an herb for this challenge, so I decided to do some research on parsley! :herb:

Image Found On Google

I stumble upon a website www.wiccanow.com that has lots of information on herbs.
I knew little about parsley, despite my loving to sprinkle it on lots of vegetables (especially potatoes). :laughing: I did know that during medieval times, European farmers would refuse to plant the herb because it was thought the seeds traveled to Hell and back seven times.
But I learn that in Ancient Greece, parsley was said to have sprung from the blood of the hero Archemorus as he was eaten by serpents. As a result, the Greeks would decorate tombs with parsley and feed it to their horses to give them strength.
The Romans would wear parsley in their togas to ward off bad luck. They would also bring parsley with them to feasts to mask bad orders (i.e., garlic). Like the Greeks, they too believed that eating parsley would give them strength (and cure hangovers).
Scientific studies support that parsley can actually aid in digestion, toothaches, relieve symptoms of bronchitis and asthma, and clear away skin blemishes.
As for its magickal properties, parsley can be used to ward off and cleanse yourself of negative energies, to attract love into your life and increase your fertility. You can also dress your candles with it during divination work for better results.
As with any herb, there are some contraindications- consuming too much parsley can cause liver damage and it can cause a miscarriage if taken while pregnant.

Sign: Libra, Virgo, and Cancer
Planet: Mercury
Element: Air
Deities: Persephone

11 Likes

The timing of this challenge was great as it gave me the incentive to complete the DIY Witchā€™s Apothecary: Magic Cabinet Recipes.

(I completed the above mentioned ā€œThe Green Witch: Herbal Witchcraft Courseā€ last October. Thank you, Spells8, for all of the great content!)

I never considered Moon Water as Holistic Magic. :open_mouth: Now I know. :grinning: Here I have been using some form of this magic since I learned to make it last year. :sweat_smile:

Two other things I learned from the course that I will definitely use in the near future are the Smokeless Cleansing Mist, and the Natural Bug Repellent Spray. I printed :printer: both tonight. This challenge was exactly that - it challenged me to explore something new and I am excited to learn more. Reading your posts has taught me how this can be a valuable toolset in my practices. Thank you.

7 Likes

Here are my findings on Rosemary! Personally, I really like Rosemary because it can help with so many different magical correspondences. Protection
Nightmares, power, protection, purification, memory, marriage, luck, afterlife, banishing, bind with a pledge, communication, concentration, courage, creativity, defense fire, determination, emotions, empowerment, endings, friendship, healing, hexes, rebirth, release, increase, inspiration, intelligence, intuition, knowledge, learning, longevity, Release, MoveOn, sensitivity support and develop support, sleep, spirits, will power, wisdom, youth, defense the zodiac signs are Aquarius, Aries, Leo Sagittarius, Virgo element fire chakra route first, SolarSystem mercury, moon, sun, rune Jera and magical Fairies!
Jeannie
Blessed be

10 Likes

I started the day with the ginger and honey healing tea potion, definitely recommended especially as my IBS was playing up first thing.

Now after my run Iā€™m exploring the healing properties of a hot bath with thyme and juniper bubble bath and Epsom salts, and Iā€™m burning a lime and lavender candle. All very relaxing and soothing.

10 Likes

Reposted the above in this thread as I realised Iā€™d added it to someone elseā€™s challenge thread. The dangers of posting from your phone and not looking properlyā€¦

7 Likes

I love you entry for this weekā€™s challenge!!!:relaxed::star::sparkles::star::heart::heart::orange_heart::heart::orange_heart::heart::heart::heart::orange_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::green_heart::sparkler:

6 Likes

Great sources and info!!! You always make entries so pretty!!:heart::orange_heart::blue_heart:

6 Likes

Oh snap :joy: that was funny as heck!!! You could kill a plastic plant :rofl::rofl::rofl: I love you Kacie!!!:green_heart::heart::orange_heart:

5 Likes

Love you too Christina! LOL! But itā€™s true! Iā€™ve even killed Impatiens and you know how easy it is for those flowers to grow.

3 Likes

So impressed! :scream:

4 Likes

Aw haha thank you! :smile: I like information to organized, easy to look at and figure out.

2 Likes

Congrats on both your witchy kit (lots of great herbs inside!) and on finishing the Green Witchery course, @IrisW! :partying_face: Well done with your cleansing and tasty-sounding healing tea potion :yum: Green Witchery goes hand-in-hand with attuning yourself to nature- well done on deepening your bond with the earth! :earth_americas:

Beautiful healing spell, @AliceInWonderdab! You have a very kind heart to send good energy to your friend in Toronto. It sounds like you helped her recovery with your wonderful holistic magical :hugs: Well done!

Beautiful @mary25 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: , and I agree completely- magick can be found in every aspect of our lives, if we only take the time to look for it! :heart: I love your self-care box and all the wonderful things inside. May it continue to bring you peace and security :blush: Thanks so much for sharing!

There were some great suggestions for lavender substitutes, @Rowan- and I know your Hailey isnā€™t the only one with an allergy to the herb! Substitustions in spellwork and rituals has many herb swap suggestions. Rosemary could work, or perhaps another soothing herb like Chamomile or Calendula? Wishing you the best of luck with both crafting, gardening, and the Green Witchcraft course- Enjoy! :blossom::two_hearts:

Very helpful info @Missa- thanks for sharing your wisdom! :green_heart:

Blessings to your Nana, @steph- she shared such wonderful knowledge with you! :herb: You are very strong to begin the path towards quitting smoking. Iā€™ve heard different things about smoking herbs (and even smoking tea!) but as I havenā€™t experienced it personally, Iā€™d listen to the advice others have shared here. Let us know what you discover- best of luck! :heart_decoration:

Such a lovely garden and green witchery knowledge, @Liisa- may all your plants thrive this season :blush:

Absolutely, @Amethyst! Congrats to you on completing the course and on building up your lovely kitchen herbs. May your knowledge and magick continue to make your dishes holistic and delicious! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Great research on parlsey, @Kasandra! :green_heart: A lovely herb always welcome in the apothecary of a Kitchen Witch- tasty and magickal! Thank you so much for sharing your finds and wisdom :blush:

Well done, @praecog29! :raised_hands: It sounds like you enjoyed the course and learned some new things- congrats! May your green and holistic magick continue to grow and bring you delight :heart_decoration:

Hooray for rosemary, @Jeannie1! A favorite herb of mine- and I love the deocrations you added to the pages. Thatā€™s a lot of great information, thank you so much for sharing with the coven! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

It got a bit long, so my personal addition to this challenge can be found in a separate post: :amphora: Holistic and Delicious- Protective Oil for the Cabinet Apothecary

Thank you to all of the talented holistic witches who have joined in so far! :sparkles:

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: April 20th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :toolbox: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just had to Google what CET time is. Easy for me at the moment as itā€™s the same as British Summer Time (GMT+1)!

Hopefully my collection of herbs will arrive today and Iā€™ll be able to take some photos of everything Iā€™ve done this week. If they do I may make a separate postā€¦

4 Likes

Ask and you shall receive as the package has just arrived!

Absolutely thrilled, and sheā€™s included a Lucky Penny spell too for good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Cool beans! LOL. I love participating in these challenges! Thank you, hon!

Ooh, Iā€™m envious! What a nice collection!

4 Likes