šŸŒ„ Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magick of the Sun

Aaawwwā€¦ @Medea

Before my daughter hit the teenage years, we used to walk every afternoon to the beach in our neighborhood for about 1 - 2 hours at a time. Sometimes twice a day depending on when we went the 1st time. Last summer was the 1st time we didnā€™t do that all. It made me so sad :disappointed:

So having the chance tonight, I couldnā€™t pass up spending time with her at the beach :beach: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have lived in the city & Iā€™ve in a landlocked state alsoā€¦ I completely understand. I couldnā€™t handle it no matter how hard I tried & ultimately wound up moving back to the coast & closer to the water than I was before I left.

10 Likes

challenge entry 3
So ive been doing grand tableaus sometimes to get general feel for the day even if dont fo into depth there are basic things can learn from the grand tableau even by just looking at the character card and where it falls.
If its higher up in spread, more in control of situation or time period
If lower down have more weighing down on you and less in control of situation or time period.

Cards in front are auspiscuous and easier to deal with,
Cards behind are inauspicuous and woyld be challenging even if positive cards.

The line character card falls in is the line of sight, the direct influence or story of time period ie the day, week or month etc. Or a particular sitiation. This goes in the direction the character is looking wgich for this deck is looking left. So you read the cards from right to left. For female and male would read left to rightā€¦ byt depends on deck use, but it goes by which direction looking .

So here is the spread for me today. Seems my day or situation but mostly day as its a day spread will end with the sun. Which is a positive card. I thought wow and we are doing a sun magic challenge, how cool that the sun came up in my reading for today.
I havent fully read into the reading but got so excitef that the sun fell in my line of sight in reading that i thought id share :sun_with_face:

14 Likes

How beautiful. I just went through some dumb house BS and after looking at your pictures and reading your post, I donā€™t feel so stressed out, thank you for that!
Have a Blessed Day,
Medea

11 Likes

I love reading your posts! I always learn so much from them as Kasandra, you are very knowledgeable. Also, the feedbacks help me a lot also!

Have a blessed day,
Medea

11 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, March 28 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

So many beautiful entries shining so brightly this week- thank you so much to everyone who joined in the light to share their sun magick so far! :sun_with_face: :two_hearts:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :sunrise_over_mountains: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Awww this was so sweet and made me smile, like I was right there with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

My Challenge Entryā€¦

Heyy I know I am just on timeā€¦obviously! :laughing: I just saved myself from missing this one too! :sweat_smile: :sun: I made Sun Water yesterday and today I performed a sunny and bright devotional ritual for Raā€¦I called upon the sun god into my heart and home, as I worshipped his glory and beauty! :face_holding_back_tears: :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

Also, this is such a delightful coincidence that the moment this challenge started, after three consecutive rainy days, the Sun finally came out shining up in the sky as bright as a golden diamond! :face_holding_back_tears: :small_orange_diamond: Blessed be everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Thanks, @Medea! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

8 Likes

@Medea that makes my day that pictures & sharing my time with my daughter helped you feel so much better :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I honestly was likeā€¦ I really donā€™t feel like going anywhere, but she was so excited to go & had even gotten her ā€œCrocsā€ with the fuzzy liners & put little things on them so my feet would be warm & we ā€œmatchedā€ & her enthusiasm & she wanted to go with meā€¦ I had to take her & Iā€™m so happy that we went. It made my weekend. We talked about it while I was driving her to school this morning & doing it again.

@CelestiaMoon honestly itā€™s the best Iā€™ve felt in quite a while & just being able to have fun with her & be at the ocean when thereā€™s not a lot of visitors was awesome.

She had drawn a heart :heart: in front of us & wanted a picture of us both wearing the ā€œCrocsā€ with the little decorations on them :laughing:

9 Likes

Challenge Entry - Magick of the Sun

I am still struggling and missing my Donut (and my routine) but trying to adapt to the change and keep moving forward.

I chose to create a Sun potion
ā€œHere Comes the Sun, Little Darlingā€
Ingredients:

2 cups of chamomile tea
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 cinnamon stick

Instructions:

Start by brewing the chamomile tea and let it cool down slightly.

Add the honey to the tea and stir well until it dissolves.

Add the turmeric powder and cayenne pepper to the tea and stir again.

Add the cinnamon stick to the tea and let it steep for a few minutes.

Remove the cinnamon stick and pour the potion into a cup.

Hold the cup in your hands and set your intention for the potion. Visualize the sun's energy and power filling you up and radiating from you.

Drink the potion slowly, savoring each sip and focusing on your intention.

This Sun inspired potion is filled with ingredients that will help to stimulate and energize you, while also promoting relaxation and calmness. Chamomile tea is known for its calming properties, while turmeric and cayenne pepper have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting benefits. The cinnamon stick adds a warming and comforting element to the potion, perfect for connecting with the sunā€™s energy.
:sun_behind_large_cloud: :sun_behind_small_cloud: :sun:

10 Likes

Challenge entry: Solar Magick

I was going to make some magick Sun tea but my area weather changed those plans for me. (Note to self: learn to move clouds).

My 2nd choice was Brys ā€œspell to Burn Away Obstaclesā€. I chose a red glass heart as my protective token to symbolize all that I love. I chose a magnetic hematite to represent my negative thoughts, my perception of negative attitudes of those drawn to me, & general bad luck.

Itā€™s exciting to note that my intuition is getting better. I grabbed an orange candle, placed the heart & hematite, & chose Wednesday to do the spell without much regard, seemingly. I decided I better check to see what meant what and found that orange is a candle color for Wednesday, it is useful for spells of positivity, and Wednesdays elements are water & air (the heart was placed on water which protects it from fire & the hematite was placed on air which feeds a fire).

I will be doing this Wednesday morning with the sunrise.

10 Likes

Awww, this is adorable! :smile_cat: :heart:

8 Likes

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out something to do for this challenge, but I have been so busy that Iā€™m just now getting to something. I wanted to write a spell using the Sun tarot card but Iā€™m not even at home right now :joy: So for now, I just want to include a photo I took of the sunset I took the other night. I spent a few minutes looking at the sunset that night, and then the next day I sat outside in the sunlight and really soaked up the energy of the sun and their warmth.

10 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
Most everything around here is cleaned with some combination of water, vinegar, lemon and salt for my sonā€™s skin so Iā€™m really excited about this. I add lavender and other random things for fragrance, I never thought of adding for purpose
I was waiting for a sunny day so I could have a picture, we finally get one and I can barely get out of bed. So no picture

Usualy heated on the stove, I never thought of making it like a sun tea

Purifying Cleaning Booster for Home Protection Sun Potion

To be added to salt water and vinegar cleaning solution

BOOSTER
1 Lemon cut in half (squeeze a bit before adding)
Ā½ Cup Lavender Loose Tea
2 Tbs Whole Cloves
Water (enough to cover twice)
Glass jar

Put ingredients in jar put in direct sunlight (ideally a spot that get full sun early morning until afternoon)
When area is no longer full sun squeeze lemon by hand as best you can and let sit while you prepare the cleaning solution
Give the lemon a good squeeze and strain
I might pick out the cloves and put the lavender back to use on the floor and sweep the lavender up when the floor dries off itā€™s really serious, like maybe after my Sister and 3 or 4 of her kids have visited

CLEANING SOLUTION
Water
Vinegar
Himalayan Pink Salt

I donā€™t really measure
Cleaning bucket maybe ā…” full hot water
Salt I put in until it feels right maybe 2 tablespoons
Vinegar by smell-for basic cleaning I pore like until you know itā€™s there but the smell isnā€™t too sharp. The dirtier the surface, the more vinegar.
Give a little stir and clean

10 Likes

Challenge Entry

To honor the sun, I made a tangy jelly using dandelion flowers, chamomile. lemon, chia seeds and coconut sugar. While crafting it, I infused an intention of abundance and hope. Itā€™s really yummy and I have been using it on yogurt and ice cream.
I also went on stroll while listening to a guided devotional to Ra. I gazed at the setting sun as I walked to a nearby spot that happens to be named ā€œSunset Park.ā€ I felt a warm connection during and after my stroll. :yellow_heart: :sun:

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you to everyone who opened up and let the sun in this week- the forum is shining thanks to your beautiful, sunny spellwork! :sun: :blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :sunrise_over_mountains: :sparkles:

7 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Sun Magick Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

8 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit the Activities Category to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)