šŸ¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Inks & Oils

Oh wow, thanks for sharing your creations! So inspiring :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Back to the drawing boardā€¦the cornstarch turned the liquid ink into a solid gel overnight. It was great ar first. Lol. Remaking with gum arabic as soon as i can find some!

9 Likes

Goodness there are so many beautiful entries here! :heart_eyes: And the pictures! Wow! :star: Donā€™t mind while I fawn over everyoneā€™s work this week- Iā€™m still catching up on the weekend entries, but everything Iā€™ve seen so far has been amazing! :clap::two_hearts:

Iā€™ve just been catching up from over the weekend and I have to agree wholeheartedly, Hazel Rae! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The skills of the coven truly shine bright- there are so many wonderful entries here. Ours is one talented coven! :heart::hugs:

Hahaha if this was a judgement of talent I would absolutely comp you in, my friend- your talents with oils are infamous! :star2: :blush:

However, these challenges are a competition between you and yourself- they are about improving and enhancing your own practice. An entry can be about anything at all related to the theme, at any ā€œlevelā€ of the Craft- but, as stated in the challenge rules, it must be an active display of working on the theme.

I know you do truly amazing work with your oils- did you happen to craft any this week? If so, all youā€™d need to do is share a bit about what you were working on, label it as your challenge entry, and it would be my honor to send you a shiny new badge :handshake: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :trophy:

Much love and many blessings! :heart:

11 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ February 28, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Look at all those inks and oils- the coven has risen to the challenge again this week, and in such colorful, beautiful, and creative ways! :star_struck: Thank you so much to everyone who has joined in so far :pray::heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :sake: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

I created a magickal calming courage oil to help give me strength, especially when Iā€™m struggling with listening to my intuition or chasing after my dreams. I used:

• Coconut oil
  • Essential oils: lavender and bergamot
  • Herbs: lavender, thyme, and chamomile
  • Crystals: tigerā€™s eye, amethyst and clear quartz

I couldnā€™t find my rollerballs to use so I put it into one of my jars I had set aside for spells. I didnā€™t realize it until after that you could easily see the movement of the herbs and crystals throughout the jar. So it has a bonus calming effect similar to the glitter calming jars you can make. :relaxed:

But I set my intentions while I made it and have it set where I can easily see it each day now. I havenā€™t tried magickal inks yet, but Iā€™m adding that to my (never-ending) list of things to explore!

12 Likes

Challenge entry

As always, this was well timed & exciting. Iā€™ve been eyeballing some dip pen sets so this encouraged me to make a decision! I found a beautiful glass dip pen set with 12 inks on Amazon for less than $30. I made some Witches Blessing Oil. I had to research some substitutions because I didnā€™t have any camphor or patchouli. I used this site for the subs. I used eucalyptus instead of camphor & vetiver instead of patchouli. I blessed my drip pen with the oil & used the candle color correspondences to pick the ink color. The first thing I wrote with the pen was, in purple ink mixed with Blessing Oil: ā€œThis pen is magickal & will help me work towards my greatest good.ā€ I am going to be penning friendship blessing/gratitude cards to my dearest and will send them once my wax seal supplies arrive. I found a set on Temu with a star, a planet, & a rocket! (Nickname Shine, last name Rockett! Yesssspllllzzzzzzz)

Still working on trying to make a stamp of my sigil. Cork is an unacceptable medium lol. If anyone has any suggestions, Iā€™ll gladly take them.

14 Likes

Jade Mermaid :mermaid:
Your ink sounds spectacular and I never knew one could make ink out of a berry! :blueberries:
So question to you my dear witchy friend. If I smash
the blueberry :blueberries: Is this a one time deal ? Moreover, will I need another ingredient to make sure it doesnā€™t go bad?
Jeannie

Shine :sparkles:
I am glad you shared your thoughts :thought_balloon: I believe
I am trying to do things for my greatest good too! I am sending you lots of positive vibes and thoughts for your journey! Here are some of my affirmations I wrote last night so maybe you can use some to experiment with!

I think your gratitude letters will turn out great :blush: the ink is so magical! I love your intentions there great! I love that you left a link to purchase this ink I think I will try this one! Have you thought of mixing a color or two?
Jeannie

13 Likes

@Jeannie1 yep yep! Gonna have to get some more little jars first tho (an excuse to acquire more jars! Lol) Thank you for the affirmations. My self is my greatest struggle :pensive:

10 Likes

WWC Entry- Magickal Inks & Oils

I will edit and add pictures later.

I had to learn how to make a quill :feather: for this challenge. I watched a couple of you tubes and my feather pen worked!

For my ink, I mortered up some flower pieces from the day lilies I dried. Its the inside part of the flower and its powdery and has lots of color. I donā€™t know what that part is called. I will look it up. :sunflower: :blossom:
My intended use is to write anything painful that I want to get rid of.
In China they believe that Day lilies can help forget difficult memories even of sorrow and pain.
I have saved some of the same part from other flowers and I intend on making them into ink as well. They are more purple color.
:butterfly:

15 Likes

Challenge Entry

I didnā€™t get to do as much as I wanted for this challenge between meeting with roofers, shipping delays and being sick.

My grander plans may not have come to life in time for my submission but Iā€™ll still see them through.

I did manage to find some purple (my favorite color :purple_heart:), decant my mugwort essential oil and use it in a ritual to bless my special ink.

14 Likes

Xanthan is a bit easier to find (Amazon if your local market doesnā€™t have a good gluten free section) and is working for me. You might have to play around with it a bit, just a pinch and sprinkle it in and I mean sprinkle or it will end up like clumpy gravy

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Reading through the entries this week has me wishing that the forum had smell-o-vision installed! :nose: :two_hearts: So many beautiful crafting projects on display, all made with really creative (and no doubt amazing-smelling!) ingredients :clap: To all those who jumped into the theme of oils and inks and made it their own- thank you so much for joining in the challenge! :heart::pray:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :sake::sparkles:

10 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Oils & Inks Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

9 Likes

Shine,
My greatest desire is to love myself too the core! I think we will get along greatšŸ˜Š We are proud to be witches embracing our power! We have the power to heal!
Btw love your name keep shining! Keep doing what youā€™re passionate about
Jeannie

10 Likes

@Jeannie1 I LOVE this and can not wait to try it. Iā€™m literally obsessed with the whole thing! I love the easy materials & then the combo of jasmine lime lemon orange etc, & my basics & favorites :blossom::yellow_heart: Rose :rose:, Lavender, Fennel, & the always amazing Rosemary :candle::dizzy::yin_yang:

Also super interested in the Queen of Fairies! My sun sign is Pisces :pisces: , :ocean: sign :blue_heart: thanks for sharing :lotus:

Hazel RAE**
:wind_face::earth_americas::fire::droplet:
:new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon:

9 Likes

Hazel, :green_heart: :brown_heart::green_heart:
:last_quarter_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face::first_quarter_moon_with_face:
I am glad you like the candle :candle: and I hope it all goes smoothly! Make sure you use a thick yarn :yarn: and you can even color the yarn up to match your correspondences!
I am glad to help you if you run into any questions or concerns!
Jeannie

8 Likes

@Jeannie1 THANK YOU! oh my goodness YES! Itā€™s like you have psychic powers or something :smirk::smirk::yum::crystal_ball::mirror_ball::hamsa::fish_cake::candle:

I have always LOVED working with colors, so I used some different colored thick yarn . Iā€™ve always been drawn to colors in general but they way that each color evokes different emotions, or feelings, or whatever inside me with each individual color, or colors combined! I ABSOLUTELY had some trouble with a wick :upside_down_face:
Thanks again for the suggestion, Iā€™ve really been liking just trying totally new things for me!

Sending much love, light, & blessings! :heartbeat::candle::four_leaf_clover:
:earth_americas::wind_face::fire::sweat_drops:

ā€”Hazel RAE

6 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit the Activities Category to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)