šŸ“› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Names

**CHALLENGE ENTRY

Edana (little fire)
As a child Iā€™ve always been in awe of fire. I love the way it looks, the way it smells when you extinguish the flame, the way it sounds crackling and the way it seems to dance. The flame would sorta hypnotize me. If I was ever in a down mood I could stare at the flame and feel at peace. If I was angry I could use it to burn a piece of paper, or start a fire in the fire pit and just let the sound of it crackle, the flames dance and it would just relax me. When I stare at the flame long enough I feel as if I am the flame like Iā€™m dancing with the fire. So when I saw this challenge I knew I wanted something associated with fire. I went and started looking and found Edana on tumblr.com. When I saw this name and its meaning it really stood out to me. 1. Because itā€™s associated with fire 2. It means Little fire. I find that fitting since Iā€™m just starting out on my Wiccan journey, Iā€™m still new still a ā€œlittleā€ witch. So I find this name perfect for the time being, maybe it will change maybe it wonā€™t. But for now I found my witch name and I love it! This challenge was a perfect way to go soul searching and I love that I was able to take a trip down memory lane! Thank you!!

20 Likes

@CelestiaMoon thank you, it really fitsā€¦ Iā€™m not by any means evil thoughā€¦ maybe a tad mischievous when I was younger :rofl:

@BryWisteria if I go by the infographic you shared, Iā€™d be Mystic Spell :thinking: kind of fitting too! But, Iā€™m really attached to my current one :grin:

14 Likes

giggles Some of these names seem a little bit, you know, after dark :laughing:

You Got:
Riz Ć  lā€™impĆ©ratrice

You are a good witch. You are a good person. Your primary concern with regards to magic is taking care of others, feeding them, clothing them, comforting them. Your name symbolizes that mission. You will see that all received their just desserts. Your magic is healing magic, not attacking, evil magic. Magic isnā€™t in the effect, itā€™s in the use, and your intention is to use it for good.

I like this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Not feeling the name, though I do like the Empress Major Arcana card quite a bit :smile:

This one asked me some deliciously deranged questions, and told me that my name should be Dark Sorceress Valkyrie Harkness. I kinda like that~ :grin: :black_heart:

Maybe I could be Captain Jack Harknessā€™s long lost sisterā€¦ hmmm, that may explain some, tendencies :laughing:

I would be Sinister Amethyst :smiling_imp: :gem:
Thereā€™s already one @Amethyst here and sheā€™s a sweetheart, of course I would be the bad one :grin: :two_hearts:

I could refresh this all night, maybe I could find a perfect oneā€¦ :sweat_smile:

That was fun, thank you dear @MeganB! :hugs: :sparkles: With all the dark sounding names Iā€™m feeling like Raven Queen from Ever After High, maybe I was destined for evil but Iā€™ll just take the aesthetic please and stay my sugar sweet self :blush: :black_heart:

12 Likes

I know :heart: It would be hard to see you as any kind of evil. The ā€œevil witchā€ stereotype just seems to keep popping up everywhere, just take a look at my test results! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

So I got this one from one of the links from @MeganB :laughing:

Challenge Entry Part 3

10 Likes

Challenge Entry Part 2

13 Likes

Saphira also meaning sapphire! Ive thought about this some but never really knew what it would be but i played around with I love sapphireā€™s their deep blue like oceans and my great grandmothers Cherokee name is blue sky and her nam given by the family that raised her is Azora!

16 Likes

So my magick name, Nimue Selene, is special to me for 2 reasons.

Nimue is one of the Lady of the Lake in Avalon. As a teen my friend introduced me to the Mists of Avalon but Marion Zimmer Bradley. It is one all time favourite books. I have read it at least three times (as it is a 800+ page book). Lady Morgajne, Vivienne were my favourite characters. But I also read the books about before that time in the book. Lady Nimue was one that I liked a lot. So I chose that name. I also feel drawn to waterā€” being a Pisces, it just seemed to fit.

Selene is the moon goddess and the one I follow. I love the phases and love the story and strength of her. I def work better at night so again just fit.

I like the additional part using Lady at the beginning just for the kind of it. Seems silly but itā€™s itā€™s the truth

15 Likes

My entry- Magickal names:My magickal names: @TheMuslimWitch

My magickal name as many of you have seen as ā€˜The Muslim Witchā€™ was chosen early on (unintentionally as my name) in my witch path as i felt it corresponded well with me myself and expressed me well. I was a little hesitant at first as i wasnā€™t sure how others may react to me as i thought ā€œwill this cause tension between me and other members or will they avoid me because of itā€, but in the end i decided that since i am a person who always likes to express my true self and the truth online or regardless, i decided if that is the consequence of my choice then so be it, as all i am doing is being honest.
There was a time and sometimes still is, that i think about other names such as something with Leo or fire in it as i really like my element and my sign too, but if i want to be blunt (haha thatā€™s my maiden surname name) and unique which was what i was going for, my name is perfect for me :blush:

14 Likes

Sounds awesome and honestly a little sexy :wink:

9 Likes

If i were to go with my adopted heritage of my husband, witch is Jadooā€¦ Honestly i do no think i would use it not because i have anything against it, but in my husbandā€™s culture i think the word witch and also witches in general are seen as a bad thing. I at least try to make it positive thing in my house calling my sacred space my Jadoo room which i can still see the pause when my husband does, or the comment ā€œdonā€™t call it thatā€, but he has gotten used to it at least or at least lives with it as he knows its important to me.
Would love to hear from other members what witch is in their languageā€¦ As for my heritage of Spanish, Native American, Irish, Scottish and English i think it would be a real challenge to come up with a creative name with witch being translated. Maybe i can try :blush:

14 Likes

oooo I like it. Beautiful, love that others call you fae as well :blush:

12 Likes

Oh this is so cool Well according to the first one with the last letter of both my first and last name my name would be Cursed Fascination which is interesting, and the first letter one my name would be Sinister Eerie lol i mean i donā€™t feel i am sinister and frightening or strange lol :blush:

11 Likes

Thank you, that was my intention~ :blush:

In mine it would be ā€œnoitaā€. I feel comfortable calling myself that with people who get it. Which Iā€™m happy to say is more and more people. There isnā€™t really that strong of an ā€œevilā€ connection with the word here, more like ā€œan old hagā€ or something like that :sweat_smile: But with more and more our kinds of witches, the meaning has started to shift :sparkles:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry - witch name

Its funny how this challenge came up as I have been thinking about a name for a while now.
A little bit of backgroundā€¦
The name given to me at birth is Yolandeā€¦ I really dont like that name because everything that is associated with that name is pain and hurtā€¦ I grew up in an abusive householdā€¦ (Unfortunately like so many others)
Then one day my uncle came to visit and he told me that they should have called me Sandy as my skin was rough and sandyā€¦ (Due to my step mother who despised me and never gave me any creams etc)That name stuck with me and to this day everyone calls me Sandyā€¦ But I have always felt I am someone elseā€¦
A little while ago when I was searching to find out who I am, I had a lucid dream that went like thisā€¦
I remember standing on the outskirts of a forest (a favorite place for me)with two other people. We were busy planning a spell. The one man said to me Selene then you can do thisā€¦ Everything jumped out at me and I remember saying thats who I amā€¦ Thats my nameā€¦ And I woke upā€¦
So now that this challenge has come up I feel it is a signā€¦ And time for me to use the name Selene in my magical workingsā€¦ I have been doing a lot of research into the Goddess Cerridwen who I feel is calling me. I am going to be making contact really soon and Selene is the name I am going to introduce myself asā€¦

15 Likes

Yes @Cosmic_Curiosity! Yours is a fascinating user name!! I already loved it since the beginning! And I loove how you expressed your love for this Universe! Lovely entryā€¦ :star_struck: :sparkles:

11 Likes

@brandy20 I read your entry and trust me I too am fascinated by the beauty of fire! :heart_eyes: (Not as much as you are tho!) And the magickal name you chose, Edana that means little fireā€¦is just soooo mesmerizing!! I really am seeing you in the light of this witchy name! :star_struck: I looved your entry dear! Blessed be! :sparkles:

11 Likes

@MeganB wooowwww! These names you got are just Enchanting! :sparkles: Even the ones where you got like the Rotten Dahlia and the other first shady one! Haha! You know I feel that you are quite the opposite dearo! (But I guess darkness is equally enchanting! :innocent: ) :kissing_heart: Also, I adore these websites and quizzes I am gonna post my results too! Just hold on as I see everyone elseā€™s entries too :smiling_face:ā€¦

11 Likes

@Susurrus Oh My gosh! Now that I know the meaning of the magickal name you chose for yourselfā€¦I guess I am Love Struck!! This is soooo suuuper cuuuuute! Siofra means a fairy or elvish!!! And Strega a Witch!! I meanā€¦wow! I simply adooooore your name! It is one of the most lovable ones I have ever heard!! :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Ohh beautiful!! @priscilla your chosen name Saphira is reminding me of glittering blue sapphires and a vast blue ocean! Just like you said! :hugs: Also most welcome here and always feel free to post as much as you wish to!! Love & Light to you dear :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes