šŸ“› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Names

Hey I am a pisces too! :smiling_face: :pisces: :sparkles:

11 Likes

That one truly isā€¦Dazzling!! :wink: :dizzy:

10 Likes

Love the water and fire thing, Iā€™m a Cancer and rising Sagittarius :ocean: :fire: with some air from Gemini Moon to keep things flowing :relaxed: :hotsprings:

My tantra coach is a Pisces, rising Cancer, thereā€™s a lot of water between us and itā€™s fun to bond over :ocean: :grin: :shower:

12 Likes

Thatā€™s hysterical! I was originally playing with the names Trixie and Scarlet, but any combo I tried came out very dominatrix!

11 Likes

Thank you for choosing this topic for the Challenge. Since I have missed 2 challenges, I need to get back to my Happy Place, Spells 8. No more phones or answering the door. Too many people are coming to me with their issues/problems which is creating negative energy and taking up too much of my time. I know this sounds cold, but I need to worry about me, period!

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magickal Names ENTRYI
I am going back into history and show how I came up with my Witch name, Medea.

Blessed Be to all,
Medea :revolving_hearts: :woman_mage:t4:

12 Likes

Hi Sister Witch Smriti_19! I look forward reading your Challenge to see what and how you can up with a name, if thatā€™s what you choose. It reminds me of choosing a tattoo, something with meaning.

Blessed Be,
Medea

12 Likes

I love your thoughts, you are :100:! I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Enjoy :tree_of_life:

Blessed Be,
Medea :woman_mage:t4:

11 Likes

thank you for your very kind words. I did not want people to think I was dismissing something that may mean a lot to them. I have complete respect for all of you who wish to give yourselves magickal name and be known by it.

Alan

10 Likes

Thank you so much!Love and Light to you as well!!!

10 Likes

Challenge Entry - How I chose my witchy name

I have yet to ask for my working name (feel like I need to put more work in there) but I wouldnā€™t share that one anyways.

The first part of my witchy name, Amaris, came to me in meditation. In Old Irish, Amaris means Child of the Moon. As Selene is my patron goddess, it made total sense to me to use it. Bane, my second name, is a variation of the Irish surname BƔn, which translates to fair or white. My family jokes that I am the whitest white girl. I am Irish and Scottish with a splash of Swedish/Danish/Welsh. So I decided to take it in stride and found the Old Irish name for white, lol.

11 Likes

I also did the Famous Fictitious Witch Are Youā€¦and I am Sabrina Spellman from *Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

I would love to have her moneyā€¦lol!

Blessed Be

10 Likes

Oh yes! There are many witches bellydancers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i really don ā€™ t know why but i ā€™ ve met some of them :mage:

10 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
This challenge couldnā€™t have come at a more perfect time. Iā€™ve been trying to find my name since I started my re learning journey. I thought I had it, a cutsie nickname made from the name of my husbandā€™s spirit animal with what may be my new spirit animal added on. Two words together, I could go by the first casually and add the second for rituals and such. It was perfect until a couple of weeks ago when it wasnā€™t. Ugh.
I wrote down different names, words, anything that came to me. Played around with format and combined different things in different order. I could feel my inspiration slipping away and thought maybe I wasnā€™t meant to find it and then this challenge came along.
I went back at it hard. I was almost back to frustration but then I could feel creative energy coming from every direction and suddenly their it was. I kept the first part of my original idea like I wanted and the right variation for private use came together so perfectly it was like the letters fell onto the page and put themselves in the right order.
Soā€¦
Merry Meet! My name is Nixi

13 Likes

Ohh Nixi is a supeer cute witchy name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @melissa52 May your new magickal name serve you with immense light and love! Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

As lovely as a magical name sounds it just doesnā€™t feel like me. So I go by simply ā€œJulzā€ derived from my real name Julie. I like it and think it reflects the true me. Love everyoneā€™s postsšŸ’•

12 Likes

I used
https://johncrowhurst.me/witchname/

To find my witch name, I entered my birthday and my life path number (magickal number) is: 3.

A long time ago, I took a class with a Shaman - they did an animal spirit drum journey and it was determined my animal protector was a black bear ā€“ since I am in the crone stages of life I changed it to ā€˜silverbearā€™ which so happensā€¦ silverbear is compatible as its character number matches my Life Path of 3.

Pretty neat!!!

11 Likes

I did this and came up with ā€œSoaring Eagleā€. I live in Australia so bears and wolves do not have meaning to me but there are always lots of eagles where i live

10 Likes

Challenge entry
Shine has been my nickname for almost 23 years. It was given to me by my ā€˜rave dadā€™ (friend that took me to my first rave). He got it from Pink Floyd, Shine on You Crazy Diamondā€¦

ā€œCome on you raver, you seer of visions.
Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner
And Shine!ā€

My birth name is Carlyn & Iā€™ve had an awful time with it my whole life. Almost everytime my name is said, its wrongā€¦ Carolyn, Carmen, Caroleenā€¦ Talent shows, pagents, festivals, surviving family member lists at funerals, drs offices, DMV, you name it. I can literally tell someone my name and they will immediately mess it upā€¦ Like within seconds. Iā€™ve had people tell me my name is misspelled on my name tagā€¦ I was GM. I ordered the name tags.l myself. There have been studies that show mispronouncing someone name a lot can have effects on their identity, self esteem, general well-being & itā€™s completely true. Imagine not wanting to succeed in school because you didnā€™t want the embarrassment of having your name messed up & getting laughed at on awards day. Then to make matters worse, I was an oil field brat and lived in Scotland for the first 7 years of my life. When we moved back to the states, I had a funny name AND a funny accent. Pictureā€¦ meā€¦ Huge Michael Jackson fan, Scottish accent, weird name, overweight (-er than everyone else), into spirits & weird spooky shitā€¦ plopped down in the middle of a Hank Jr concert in the bible belt. I was teased constantly. Scotland was a wonderful experience of which I was grateful & lucky, but the cruel children of the tiny town in bfe North America hung a big, fat, heavy cloud over it.

Thenā€¦ in collegeā€¦ I became Shine. Canā€™t mess it up. Easy to remember. Easy to say. I can actually find my name on stuff. It was like stepping into the sun out of a cold, dark caveā€¦ like a curse had been lifted. My personality yawned, stretched, & almost immediately exploded.

Thatā€™s pretty magickal to me. Nowā€¦ Looking backā€¦ Iā€™m only 41 but it seems like Iā€™ve lived through far more eras than Iā€™ve actually been through. Everything is backwards for me vs most other people. I had my career THEN family. I married a guy that already had grandkids so I was Neemaw before I was Mom. I seem to start everything in the middle or later then have to backtrack to the beginning. Friday 13thā€¦ Lucky day for me. Black catsā€¦ Good omensā€¦ Some illnesses affect me totally opposite of how they do othersā€¦ I never had a word for itā€¦ Till today. Widdershinsā€¦ Butā€¦ With a teeny adjustmentā€¦ WidderShine! I havenā€™t settled on whether it will be a first or last witchy name yet. Likely a last name. I just have to grow into a first name. I will still go by Shine for short but I think my official magickal name will be

Something-or-otherTBD WidderShine.

14 Likes

@MeganB I am a scary Russian Witch also. lol. that was fun.

a62234013454fc69104a9bb8ba33007255f5a4b6_2_497x499

10 Likes

@Nixi it sounds like this one was perfect for you & just wanted to let you know, that if you would like to change your name to Nixi, just send the moderators a message & we can have that done for you if you would like! I love that name for you & that you finally found one that fits & you love too! :heart:

9 Likes